Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

The first exchange of the battle for Astin had gone well. The small plane wasn't exactly something they had much skill in hitting, but the fire from the plane had just scratched the paint and their attack had solidly damaged the plane in return. But that was too risky of an attack to try again, and the pilots who had gone ahead were fighting their own battle. The discussion about Vera was going on all the while, and as Astin moved to help attack the Cressida, they called out over the radio,

"Fencer here. From what we've heard and seen, her sword is her most dangerous weapon but also what she seems to favor. I'll engage her. Try and distract her with a sword fight while the rest of you take out the rest. Avery reinforced the armor on this thing, I should be good for a few rounds with her."

5-19, stab Cress 6 with Proto Hybrid Sword

Edited by scorri

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engaging Death

Somehow, Elaine had a point. Maybe her first few messups had just been hiccups? Either way, she seemed to be acclimating to the routine pretty easily now, and her assessment made sense. The fact that Roxanna was agreeing just made the situation even more dire. "All units," Jess began, but she was cut off by Fencer... Astin. "wait, I-- I, I mean... Just... Be incredibly careful! We don't know what her machine is entirely capable of!" Jess had been about to give the order to engage her, but going in close? She knew that Astin had practiced with swords, but there was a huge difference between using a mech's sword and using one on the ground. "All units," she tried again, "engage the Luna, and keep yourselves safe!"

She sighed as the channel closed, shaking her head. A new alert popped up just as she did, a group of the facility's Legionaries... The latest model? They were under attack from Apotheosis forces. "Lieutenant Kim," she started, opening her channel, "do you think you can give those suits a helping hand?"

At the same time she tried hailing them, hoping an open frequency wouldn't invite much else. "Corona Ten suits, can you hear me? This is Captain Jessica Gefalscht of the ANFSF. Please respond!"

Finished with Business

"I have the doctor, if that's what you mean," came Vera's slightly disgruntled response, the pilot's eyes only focused on the bright blue ship invading their airspace. She picked up an open channel, probably someone from the ship trying to hail the building's guards. It was too late for them, Esther would finish them soon. "But we're not leaving until I settle something with this damn battleship. Finish off the guards, Esther. And don't get in my way."

Astin engages the Cressida model, bringing their sword to bear!

Final Hit: 81
Final Crit: 39
Roll: 62,40
Hit
No crit (daaaaaaamn)
Final Damage: 103

the enemy Cressida counters, but misses! (final hit: 56, Roll: 88,72)

Astin makes off with +15 EXP, and +3 Will!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Well Hicks was a bit too preoccupied with avenging his fallen buddy at the minute.

Aliza was still in her blue screen of death. At this rate she more or less might be screwed if she couldn't reboot in time. However, something did help speed that up a lot. A soft female voice, which stood out to Aliza a lot. A reflex during her days at the academy when her girlfriends called her out from her space case moments when she star gazed. Somehow it got her to come back to reality. "A.ah...?" She took a look around assessing the situation. Yeah, still bad. Sledge was dead, Hicks was going Rambo, and there was a hail from a ship not too far off from their point. "...y.yes?" She answered back, trying to keep as composed as she could. Wasn't working as her voice broke a little. "T.this is...mm...hang on..." She cleared her voice and took a breath. "A.Aliza Silvavolke. Sorry for the delay captain...right now one of our squad mates is dead and uh...things are kinda going downhill for us so ahhh..." Yeah, clearly still a greenhorn.

Edited by TheRoon

The captain's reply and orders came over the radio just as Astin was able to easily dodge the retaliating swing from the enemy Cressida they'd just heavily damaged. "Copy that, Captain. I wouldn't suggest it if I wasn't confident in my abilities. We have too many enemies to face though. If I can slow their heavy hitter up, at least for a few minutes, it might give us the time to regroup and settle things here more easily. Don't worry. I'm not allowed to die out here. I've got this." Switching off the radio, they added to Juria, "Make sure you're ready for this. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but I won't let us fall."

Taking Care of Business

"Just be safe!" She hoped that would suffice for Astin, a gut feeling telling her that it wouldn't be that easy. At least she'd gotten a hold of the Corona Ten squadron. Catching their frequency and closing the channels, Jess hoped that they were okay enough to keep moving. "Aliza, okay. Can you make it to our ship? We'll be moving down towards you, and provide suppressing fire to get those machines off of you. I'm sorry for your friend, but... Try to make it, please!" So they'd already lost someone. Jess bit her lip, but at least they could try to help the others. If Tarquin hadn't run off, they wouldn't be saving anyone right now.

"Roger that. We'll move to your location!" She called back and then tried to communicate with Hicks. "Hey Hicks, we gotta move to the ship! They're gonna help us!"

...no answer. He was more or less in his own little world of revenge.

"....Hicks?" And she went blank faced. He was out the door it seems and wasn't really listening at all. "Hey Hicks seriously we have to move...uuuh..." Still no response. Aliza wasn't sure how to really approach this, especially considering all the mechs around them. "Aaah...mm..." She...had no choice. "...I'm sorry..." She gritted her teeth a bit. As much as it pained her, she started to make her move to escape. Hoping Hicks would somehow make it out of this somehow.

Dwight crossed his arms, observing the battlefield as they approached. The prepared mind has the best options in a situation... I'm glad I took said preparations. The battle was off to a fairly brutal start, and Brant in particular seemed to be under heavy fire. "Lieutenant Abrams. I'll be preparing a barrier for your use shortly... You're doing well, but be careful."

Dwight uses Trust on Brant

naYW9dG.jpg

Edited by Reinfleche

As the fighters closed in, the tightly knit barrage of missiles centered on Kim and Brant made it difficult to evade, the anti-air weaponry causing a dent... though Brant seemed to have taken it worse than she had. Firing off two rounds from the railgun into the scrambling fighter jets, both shots connected, one severely damaging it's target, while the other was destroyed on impact. Brant had similar success on that end, the Regalia's main rifle easily blasting both of it's targets out of the sky. That was when the Captain's message came in, along with the communication from one of the Corona Ten guards. Opening a return channel between herself, the Captain, and the two Russian transforming suits, Kim gave her response.

"Affirmative, Captain. Suggest that myself, Captain, Oni-1 and Terminator move support Corona Ten guard. I take point, group formation on me." Kim replied, as the Artemis began to weave through the sky, racing towards the wounded Hunter that had barely survived her railgun.

"First, take care unfinish business." Kim added, as the pulse cannon on the Artemis' palm began to whir to life, the mech's hand grasping and ripping into the fighter plane with ease, the pulse cannon making short work of destroying what remained of the chassis, leaving the pilot to either eject or die as what remained of his flying coffin plummeted to a burial at sea. 

That left the main thing to worry about as she began to move Southwards towards the base. That all too familiar feeling of a Telekinetic in the area, coming from the obvious prototype suit leading the legionaries. Gripping her controls a bit more tightly, Kim let out a sigh after a few moments.

"Feel that, Chrissy? Might be good idea use your unique gift try and slow new friend down, hmm?"

Kim casts Focus, attacks Hunter 5 with MARS Mode Z, and moves to 14,10 with Hit and Away

Edited by Ether

Juria watched around as the Riese crew got into the heat of the battle, seeing all the radar pings and nodding when Astin mentioned their plan. "Will do my best, Astin friend. Maybe there lots of enemies, but not even odds matter for us! They not know what hit them after we fight! Let Juria know if wanting to focus in on any of enemies, or be helping any other way. Can be relying on me!"

Dwight does an Eagle

Kim and Jessica both have perfect hit with their spirits cast, so fudge rolls! Those planes are dead!

Kim gains +100 EXP, +3 PP, +7 Will!

Jess gains +200 EXP, +3 PP, +6 Will!

Moving in

"Good. I hope to see the both of you soon." What she didn't want to see soon was this new suit, coming into view. Whatever that knife was had torn through their latest model like butter. It was almost painful to see. From what Jess had seen of the prototype Mark IV blueprints, they were steps ahead of the Mark III in every aspect. To still be beaten so easily... It seemed that they'd be needing unique tech to survive this war.

Not a Good Present

Christina did her best to get the robot's systems ready to move after Kim had fired, letting her take over manual control. "I... I don't know. There's something wrong with that pilot. I can't put a word to it... Focus on them. It's not just me, it can't be... They... I don't know. I don't even know if I'll work on them..." It was so unnerving, Christina wanted to see if she could call out to the pilot in any way that wasn't the obvious stupidity of opening a channel. Was there any way? She tried to focus, maybe... Channel some form of pity or worry towards them. It wasn't much, but with how weird this felt, she couldn't help but think there was something very upset about this pilot.

"I'll try to keep it up," Brant assured Kim as he set his sights on two incoming Hunters. They seemed hellbent on stopping the team ahead of Corona Ten. When they got into range, the missiles came flying. It wouldn't have been too difficult to dodge them, but lining up for his counterattack at the same time was impossible. The funnels were an option, but wouldn't have scored a clean kill in this chaos, so Brant opted to risk taking a hit to give himself an easy couple of kills ... and it worked.

The Regalia's shield took most of the damage from the missiles as the machine returned to MS mode. With two swift shots, Brant downed both Hunters, and returned to flight mode, having only fallen a few dozen meters. "Whew ... maybe countermeasures next time. Usually they don't even work," Brant muttered to himself as he came back to cruising speed. At least he'd thoroughly demonstrated the effectiveness of the AMS units, and dominated the more conventional fliers.

"Brant!"

Somehow, Brant had felt Firmia's voice coming. Why was she calling him, though? She couldn't have seen what had just happened ... "Kinda busy here." As soon as he'd looked down at his monitor, he realized Firmia was contacting him directly, from the Riese, yes, but not from the ship's own comm system. It was a direct line from the Reign.

"You need to be more careful in MS mode! The bottom of the shield is critical, now. The pods are probably exposed, so don't get hit there again or you'll lose the missile system ..." By 'lose the missile system,' Firmia meant the whole thing would blow up in Brant's face and leave him without a nose in flight mode, and without any missiles to use. The left arm would probably get mangled during the fireworks. Fair enough, though there was one thing that was bugging the pilot now that he thought about it. How did Firmia know exactly what had happened? A battle feed was one thing, but it was like she was looking at Brant's own damage trackers. Was there a stream going on between the two suits?

"How do you ..." Of course, Brant winced, realizing what Firmia must have done. "Never mind. I'll be careful," he promised, sighing. The young Alkaev had obviously been busying herself in the cockpits of all the AMS suits since their arrival on the Riese. She must have set up something to have each suit forward its battle data to the other two. Since he wasn't seeing anything for the Reign or the Mantle popping up automatically, Brant assumed it was something he'd have to pull up, himself. It wasn't in the manual, at any rate.

Brant quickly changed one of the shield's settings as his group approached the skirmish in the south. Next time he entered MS mode, the shield would be positioned on the Regalia's back. It was too risky to use the funnels near the Artemis, so Brant decided he'd rely primarily on the vulcans the next time he had missile troubles while using the hyper beam rifle.

That was really annoying, something like the feeling of utter silence in a room, and the incessant ear ringing that often resulted. While she continued to monitor the Regalia from the large tablet she'd been using earlier, Firmia puzzled over this strange anti-TK system the Artemis crew was using. It was an interesting concept, granted, but why the hell were they using, right now? Why were they using it during the previous battle, when the only ones that could have possibly been hurt by it were Firmia herself, or Brant? The Alkaev realized that they might not fully understand the system/crew combination at work here, or had the time to thoroughly test it between all these battles ... but that just made it even more infuriating to think about.

Brant wasn't helping matters, since he seemed ready and willing to suffer every little inconvenience, even if it was an actual safety hazard. It couldn't be helped, then. If they all survived this, Firmia was going to have a word with the Artemis duo, and whichever mechanic was responsible for that machine. She was not going to let this ridiculous oversight stand if there was a way to fix it. Since the Captain seemed to value the power of friendship more than the power of communication and organization, Firmia doubted anything would get done if she left it to the senior officer. She'd have to find some way to talk this out with them herself, and see what could be done.

... and speak of the devil ...

"I'll hang back a little and provide cover fire," Firmia heard Brant's voice over the radio. She knew the real reason he was hanging back, and it made her blood boil.

"Lieutenant Abrams," Dwight was radioing Brant, now, "I'll be preparing a barrier for your use shortly... You're doing well, but be careful."

"Roger that," Brant replied reflexively to Dwight. Those barriers sure were something.

They were coming up on the shore, now, and there seemed to be only a couple of garrison units left. It was four against two, at least until the Riese and company arrived to turn the tables. Kim wanted to take the lead on this one, and given the wounds Brant was nursing, as well as the complicated situation that TK field of Christina's put him in, it was better to follow up any attacks from the rear, and keep an eye on that ship near the facility.

"I'll hang back a little and provide cover fire. Watch out for that ship though," Brant warned, "and anything else that might rush over here to back them up."

"I really wish they would just shut that damn thing off when they don't need it," Firmia chimed in. Apparently she was tapped into the Regalia's comms, too ... "Instead of forcing you to stay out of range."

"I fight better at range, anyway," Brant excused the admittedly flawed setup. He couldn't say anything about the funnels, so he hoped Firmia wouldn't bring that up ...

Brant moves to 13,12!

Was war always this troublesome?
It felt a little surreal to think that just this morning he'd been preoccupied with something as silly, as frivolous as making friends.

Is this really where I want to belong my whole life? Not that it will be much longer, but maybe there was a point to the frivolous thoughts, no?

He shook his head, chasing away the doubts. It was not time to lose sight of the goal, and after all every time that happened it seemed like something genuinely awful came soon after.
Less thinking, more shooting, as was organic. As was natural.

Nikolai casts focus, shoots at #6 with the ol' Gauss, along with some sick sniper support from Tarquie Babieeeeee

Edited by Garry
We Are All Beefed It

Corona Ten's defense force was faring poorly, one had already been taken down. It was strange though, they hadn't attacked the base directly - what was their objective? Were they targetting the Professor? Was that the whole reason behind the attack? He knew he had orders to stay quiet, but if his creator was in danger of abduction... then he'd have to break his protocol.

"Captain... I have some information related to the situation." Tarquin announced, deciding that his allies would probably benefit from his information. The next part would be difficult to say, but he needed to try and maintain the trust of his allies. "Corona Ten is a major classified research centre, led by Professor Stefan Liebenwalde. It is likely that Apotheosis may be targeting him and his work. Abduction is a likely objective of theirs... I was instructed by him to travel by the Professor."

He seemed to have developed the art of revealing partial truths. Technically, as part of the Professor's work, he was being targeted, but the current situation didn't seem to permit revealing himself as a genetically engineered super child. He felt bad for Makoto, Nikolai and Thorvald. They'd come to ensure his safety, and he'd only subjected them to danger. Guilt wasn't an emotion he'd experienced much before, but he wasn't a fan of it so far.

Tarquin attacks Cressida #2 with his Sniper Rifle, receiving aid from Fishvald's bazooka

Information Expose

"Tarquin, while I appreciate the information, we could've used that a lot earlier... As it stands, you're still breaking protocol. Once we're out of this mess, I hope you're ready to explain everything to the crew." Jess didn't want to be heavy, but considering the state of the ANF right now, randomly leaving the ship on the whims of someone outside the chain of command was just going to mess things up further. There could be no exceptions.

Niko's got pretty good aim, but does he dodge just as good!?

Target: Cressida #6
Final Hit: 98
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 22,88
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 44

The Cressida fires back! Rifle hot!

Final Hit: 36
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 16,73
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 64

Tarquin comes in for a support!

Final Hit: 79
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 21,41
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 63

The Cressida is downed!

Nikolai gains +250 EXP, +8 PP, +6 Will!
Tarquin gains +100 EXP, +8 PP, +8 Will!

Snip Snoops aplenty!

Target: Cressida #2
Final Hit: 73
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 17,59
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 86

"Aghhk, DIE, ANF!"

Weapon: LBR
Final Hit: 65
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 75,51
Miss! No!

Dadvald puffs in for some continued pressure!

Final Hit: 56
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 36,77
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: more than enuff!

The Cressida explodes!

Tarquin gains +200 EXP, +8 PP, +9 Will!
Thorvald gains +100 EXP, +8 PP, +5 Will!

They had acknowledged her. They had considered it and acknowledged her idea, and what's more they were even going through with it. It was something small to a normal person, but for Elaine, it made her feel needed when she could come up with good ideas like these. And, now she had her orders, it was time to make her own entrance. The Luna was too far away for her to get a shot in, unfortunately...but there was someone close by to take on. Elaine removed all elements of stealth from her movement, jumping straight out of the water and, aiming at an unfortunate Cressida, let loose a swarm of bullets from her newly equipped machine gun.

Elaine casts Strike, moves to (7,18), attacks Cressida 3 with M12 Machine Gun

It had felt like several years since Talia had been abandoned, although in reality it had been a matter of minutes. The regrets and self loathing had created a vicious circle that she couldn't escape. Why did it have to be her? She'd done everything she could, had she just failed at life? Her own existence was crumbling around her, and the one person she could trust had abandoned her. It wasn't like one of her shows where the hero would return to form with the help of their determination and friendship... she didn't have either of those. Pulling at her hair, tears streamed down her cheeks, there was no way out for her. There was no recovery for her, she was going to die as she lived. A forgotten loser.

"I don't want to die here..." Talia wailed, sitting herself up on her bed. Nobody was coming to save her, the only ally she had was gone. Survival was now in her hands alone. She looked around at her room, the games and toys had provided her with more company than anyone else. It was hard, but to live she needed to leave it all behind. It saddened her to abandon the closest things she had to friends, but a dead girl couldn't play any of them. She eyed the door nervously, climbing off of her bed. Could she really step outside? It had been years since she'd left her four walls, her hands were trembling at the concept. She urged her feet forwards, almost having to pry them from the carpet. Could she really do this? The door came sooner than she was ready for, and she was exposed to her first experience of her new life.

One relief was that she didn't have to worry about people staring at her, mostly because all the guards were dead. It was a numbing experience, the bodies and blood smeared on the floor didn't seem real. Talia didn't miss any of the guards in particular, she'd never learned their names or seen their faces. They were simply NPC's in the game that was her life, but she couldn't help but avert her gaze. She'd technically been in battle, but the sight of it all now made her feel queasy. If she wanted to escape, she'd need to acquire a vehicle... but the only thing she knew how to drive was the Umbra.

The death around her was bad, but the thought of piloting again made her freeze in her tracks. She could feel the colour draining from her face, her heart protesting the terrifying concept. The humanoid coffin had trapped her underwater for several hours the last time she used it... the terror she'd experienced with no outside contact was still very vivid in her mind. The cold isolation, the powerlessness in the face of drowning. It would be OK if she avoided water right? But the sky could do it too.

She staggered as she continued down the hall towards the hangar. She was a failure in most regards, even by her own verdict, but her memory was one thing she could rely on. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm her nerves. All she needed to do was escape the facility and find the nearest ANF base, that way she could be relocated to safety. The hangar door would have been troublesome if it hadn't been for the body acting as a doorstop. Stepping over the corpse, she entered the hangar. The Umbra towered above her, the machine rather different to how she remembered it. Thinking about it, she had essentially totalled it last time. It was almost impressive that she could recognise it. Another mobile suit stood by its side, a sturdy heavy set machine. She grit her teeth, it was probably the machine designed for Four. She didn't even want to think about him, she could only hope he was far away and out of her hair.

As she wandered forwards, a stout man with thick glasses wearing a lab coat crept out from behind a terminal. "T-2? I thought she would have kil-... good to see you." he stammered, pushing up his glasses hastily. "You probably won't remember me, I'm Doctor Eugene Icks-..."

Talia didn't really care about Doctor Icks, he certainly hadn't been particularly welcoming - and she remembered some particularly unpleasant comments she'd overheard from him in the past. "I need to... use the Umbra. Let me launch, don't talk any more." she demanded, wiping her eyes and staring sharply at him. Doctor Icks hurried back to the terminal, waiting for Talia to enter the Umbra. She couldn't deny that she was nervous, but she wanted at least some chance to survive. Whatever happened to him wasn't her problem. Sitting in the Umbra was uncomfortable, but it gave her a sense of power. The controls hadn't changed too much, it was the last strand of familiarity she had left.

The main hangar door opened, the Doctor had done his part. Walking the Umbra forward, Talia stepped into the outside air, onto the battlefield. Her radar was pinging a whole army of hostiles, enough to make her stomach churn... but also a whole host of friendly units? Was this the salvation she was asking for? Had fate thrown her a bone? She needed to make contact with these people, there were enough of them to help save her.

"This is T-2... Talia Haley... of Corona Ten." she broadcasted directly to the Heion Riese and the surrounding ANF units. She'd introduced herself, that was a good start, but she needed to get down to business. "I... need back up... everyone's dead. Please help me."

She had to hold back her tears, she'd never been so happy to be in contact with other people. If only because they could save her from this nightmare.

Talia deploys on 6,5 in the Umbra!

Jess's open channel back and forth with the Corona force had, obviously, reached Abigail as well. The response back was from an obviously shattered amateur, face to face for the first time with life or death. Oy, just great. The captain was doing her best to encourage them to extract, but Abby had a good idea how well that would turn out. "Fucking hell..." she muttered, shaking her head at the work cut out for her.

Helmet now securely fastened, she departed the hangar for a second time, thankfully without having been molested by any inquiring mechanics, nor had anyone even curiously tried to comms at her regarding her bizarre behavior. It was almost as if nobody cared, they'd all simply expected her to flake out on them when it came to a real fight. Sigh... it figures. That bad first impression is still too much. Nothing I do will never be enough. But I can't just sit back and do nothing!

Screaming out from the hangar for as long as its launch thrusters could keep it aloft, the Crescent Moon hit the ground at a dead sprint, barreling its way along the peninsula the Riese had conveniently flown over, and headed straight south to the beleaguered defense force. While Lieutenant Kim had appeared to take point, with the others in the area falling in behind her, she was just too far away. The apo trash that squad had been forced to deal with had tied them up too much. Abby didn't bother apologizing for, or otherwise explaining herself. If they weren't going to ask her, why should she tell them? She wasn't really breaking formation if she hadn't been a part of it to begin with, and those wet-behind the ears couldn't wait another minute for an orthodox approach. Sometimes you just had to go all-in on your two seven off-suit, and hope no-one calls the bluff.

Once close enough for shortwave, Abigail hailed one of the installation guard bots directly, the one that appeared to have frozen up, not the one going whole hog with his shoulder gatlings. "Fight or retreat," she almost sighed, her voice heavy with resignation, "But don't just stand there, girl. If you don't plan on helping me or your buddy, at least do us the favor of not dying. If you are pitching in, though, please just stick to the small fry. Here, I'll soften one up for you, before going to work on their leader."

Mechanically, her heart not really in it, Abby drew the Titanium Sword, wound up, and slid in alongside the wildly firing MkIV, taking up a barely defensible position as she swung her weapon through bits of one of the opposing mechs.

Abigail to 14,6 and hits Legionary 1 with the business end of her Titanium Sword

Then came T2's broadcast from deeper in. Fuck, she had her hands full enough trying to save this pair, and along comes another one. Abigail's heart sank, knowing full well they were going to lose at least another one or two of these greenies before all was said and done.

Another Target

Jess was a bit shocked to be getting so many pilots coming in... T-2, Talia Haley. The name didn't ring a bell, but she seemed absolutely horrified... Despite the unique looking mech she'd come out in. "Don't worry, Talia!" Jess called back, once again zeroing in on the incoming frequency. "The cavalry's here! We're gonna put a stop to these terrorists... Just hang in there!" Admittedly... The girl was way too close to the Luna, and its small squadron. We have to act, and fast...

Elaine's kicking it into high gear!

Target: Cressida #3
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 31
Roll: 98,9
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 116

The Cressida fires back with its beam rifle!

Final Hit: 75
Roll: 18,91
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 46

Elaine gains +15 EXP, +4 will!

Abby, as heartbroken as she is, can still fight!

Target: Legionary #1
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 21,16
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 91 (crits still hurt fuckos)

Legionary #1 swings back

Final Hit: 84
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 92,60
Miss!

Abby gains +15 EXP, +2 Will!

Obedience

The Metis' knife broke through the Legionary Mk. IV-M easily, entering the machine's cockpit and giving the pilot an untimely, hot death. It just occurred to Esther as she pushed the knife away and looked at the lifeless machine that she took her first life, that day. Hmm... There was a lot to contemplate over that. She was taught the value of life in her upbringing, but it was awfully easy to take one away. This was for the right cause... not that it really mattered. She'd been happy with Vera and Apotheosis, she'd keep fighting for them.

"...I will finish them." They weren't leaving just yet. Unfortunate, but Esther needed to focus and hold out. She wasn't going to be unruly in her first mission like that, despite her initial snap. She took her sights on the other Legionary Mk.IV that remained, apparently outraged at this turn of events. That pilot didn't seem to even know what was going on around him. Doomed to die, huh. And the other one was so scared... these targets were really ripe for the picking, their morale and formation were in shambles. Now, who do I kill first?

Esther's thoughts were interrupted as she felt another bothersome poke from those Naturals, a low hiss as she rubber her temples. It wasn't just their presence, but she could feel their emotions clearly. Esther didn't get it, however, what was that emotion supposed to mean. Sadness? What, are you pitying me? That ticked her off, a lot. "What do you think you are going to do, blue-and-pink?" She wasn't about to be talked down by the ANF, right? You're a soldier, I'm a soldier, this isn't time for this. Rebutting the receiving emotions with a bout of annoyance targeted at the machine, Esther fired off a warning shot from her beam rifle.

Survival

"I... I did it, we did it!" Makoto had managed it without a scratch, and had even taken down two of the taller mechs with help. He almost felt competent, even if the odds were against him surviving. But that was perhaps too late, with the same machine from the Colony in the distance, flying and coming to life, Makoto's joy almost disappeared. Oh, no... That again... what had it done this time? Could he do anything about it? It seemed so doubtful...

And another voice through open channel, the voice of a girl, from another mech. Something about the facility's state, and a call for help... but she was so close to the Luna. "T-Thorvald, what do we do?" He spoke up, hoping the older man had answers.

As they moved into formation closer to the Corona Ten guard, a few things happened. The odd telekinetic leading the squad of legionaries seemed to be in the middle of an emotional roller coaster... and seemed none too pleased with their presence, if the pointed annoyance and hatred was anything to go by... more importantly though, it seemed Abigail had returned to the hangar before they went over the river, and now burst out, full steam ahead to attack one of the enemy legionaries. It was certainly one way to relieve some pressure from the guard, but it was a reckless maneuver, especially when they knew so little about the enemy telekinetic... still, what could be done about it now? Opening a channel to Abigail as well as the rest of the Southern squadron, Kim began to relay what she could.

"In-bound to back up, Abigail. Try careful custom mech, don't know parameter yet... pilot telekinetic, can feel from here, so be wary that."

The little Phalanx had been quite effective. Given Abigail's performace with it last mission it really shouldn't have been a surprise, but this was with a new frame, and an untested pilot, so Thorvald felt he hadn't been out of line for having some skepticism. Still, those movements, and the shouts accompanying the attacks. It didn't take a genius to connect those dots. Someone was gonna get a bit of a talking too after all was said and done.

Correction, many someones, Thorvald amended, as Tarquin continued to clear up the circumstances behind his unscheduled departure. That said, the boy was obedient enough for the moment, and so far their little knot of resistance had just about cleared up most of the incoming enemy. A final volley or two, and they might be fit to advance. Glancing across his console, taking in system status, team dad realized they might need to take a small breather to patch up, and hopefully the opportunity wouldn't be stripped from them. Either way, he was glad to have stashed some emergency repair material into his loadout this mission.

"Alright, you and me, one more time, let's see if we can do it just like the last one, eh?" Thorvald gave Makoto the heads up as he prepared to unleash another one-two on a weakened Cressida. The units that had crossed over the strait to reinforce were sorely appreciated, and easily cut the time and difficulty they were having holding out. He'd be sure to thank the pair when things weren't nearly so hectic.

Thorvald maintains position, launches another round from his Hyperparticle Bazooka at Cressida 3, relying on Makoto's Compact Sniper to finish the job.

Aliza was just about to proc the flight mode of her fight or flight response, almost regretful for Hicks as she couldn't reach him. However before she could even press through the trees she was suddenly hailed by another voice. This one was certainly different from the captain. "Ah?" Reinforcements. Something that suddenly lifted her spirits, or so it seemed. Abigail's response made the girl stop once more, wondering if her retreat was the right choice. She watched the mech fly by and attack one of the bots straight away, offering the final blow to Aliza.

Aliza felt rather guilty now. She was about to leave one of her squad mates to face death alone while she ran away. Granted she didn't know this man very well, but still he helped her along. So at the very least she wanted to do something about this. "...fine. I'll fight." She responded back, not quite composed yet but stable enough to fight at least. "At least until Hicks can snap out of it." She figured the only way Hicks can really calm down is to destroy the targets. So she aimed her head gatlings at the softened mech and followed up with a stream of bullets.

Aliza casts Focus, then she takes aim at the weakened Legionary 1 and fires out her Head Gatlings to finish it off. After the battle she uses Hit and Away to move to 16, 5.

Edited by TheRoon

Feels Bad Man

Christina paled as the warning shot came their way, but Kim seemed to pay it no mind, dodging without a problem... The feelings of annoyance that came after were striking. "Ugh, stupid..." What good is power over emotions!? How can you ever try to help anyone without words? This is just... The pleading feeling coming from her likely wasn't making things any better, but she couldn't help herself.

Dadzooka coming through!

Target: Cressida #3
Final Hit: 56
Roll: 48,49
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 76

The Cressida fires back, but it's kind of on fire!

Final hit: 97
Final Crit: 1
Roll: 38,28
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 26

Makoto's here to save the day!?

Final Hit: 80
Final Crit: 17
Roll: 49,15
YOWZA
Y'all that cressida is toast

Thorvald Gains +200 EXP, +8 PP, +5 Will
Makoto gains +150 EXP, +8 PP, +5 Will

Aliza does that focus thing, and keeps firing!

Target: Legionary #1
Roll: 20,55
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 20

The Legionary counters with a cannon, and misses! (Final Hit: 51, Roll: 92,67)

Aliza gains +20 EXP, +2 Will

Makoto gets some shots off!

Target: Cressida #5
Final Hit: 83
Roll: 8,93
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 53

The Cressida returns fire!

Final Hit: 76
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 73,36
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 59

Makoto gains +40 EXP, +4 will!

Enemy Phase coming next!

Enemy Phase/Turn 4

Altercation

Firmly in the seat of the Luna, the machine interface coming to life around her, Vera scowled heavily at the ship. "Thorn in my side, today is the last! WE FIGHT!" It was too far away for an instant charge, but someone else wasn't. Boosters engaged, the Luna sped towards the Artemis, Vera's channel open. She did relish taunts in combat.

"Seung-min Kim! Face me!"

The Luna targets Kim!

Final Hit: 33
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 23,78
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 57

Kim responds with Mode R!

Final Hit: 66
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 41,14
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 107

Kim gains +180 EXP, +2 will!

"Tchh... Not bad. Come at me again!"

The Deimos flies in after her, firing at Kim as well--

"Hold your fire! This fight is mine!"

But the shots are already flying!

Final Hit: 1
Final Crit: 1
Roll: 40,64
Miss!

Kim responds with Mode M!

Final Crit: 34
Roll: 54,24
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 146

Kim gains +40 EXP, +4 Will!

Abby becomes sandwich material! She's kind of okay with it!

Legionary #2 first!
Counter Roll: 41!
No Counter!
Final Hit: 89
Roll: ... 95,66
HOW DID-- Alright
Miss! Somehow!

Abby counters with her slab of metal!

Final Crit: 21
Roll: 86,96
Hit
No crit

Abby Gains +20 EXP, +2 Will!

Sandwich 2! Electric-bash-through-you!
Counter Roll: 42! Ahhh!
No Counter!
Final Hit: 99 (decayed)!
Roll: 25,63
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 51

Abby Counters!
A hit repeats the last round of combat!

Abby gains +20 EXP, +4 Will!

Hicks meets dagger!

Final Crit: 71
Roll: 70,46
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage--
Invincible!
Final Damage: 12

Hicks swings back in his angry state!

Final Hit: 45
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 38,58
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 21

Go Hicks!

Incoming Fire

"Captain, the Luna had engaged combat with the Artemis! Orders?" Tristan spoke up first, of course.

"Monitor the exchange, and--"

"Incoming energy source!"

"What!?" Jess only had a moment to check the monitor before an energy beam roasted the top of the ship, the bridge shaking from the impact.

"F-Fire control teams! Dispatch!"

"Enemy battleship opening fire, ma'am!" Focusing on the battle has caused the crew to miss their proximity to the new ship.

"Return fire! Now!"

The Chaldene spews energy at the Riese!

Final Hit: 80
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 6,34
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 117

Dual Beam Cannons, return fire!

Final Hit: 83
Roll: 34,11
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 178

Jess gains +100 EXP, +2 Will!

The Cressida retreats behind its heavily armored allies, as two of them fire at Astin!

Final Hit: 52
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 8,99
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 34

Astin counters with FIST
Final Hit: 91
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 32,50
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 40!

Astin gains +30 EXP, +4 Will!

The above combat repeats again!

The Hyperion misses (72,24), Astin Hits, not crits, (4,84), and deals 42 damage!

Astin gains +30 EXP, +3 Will!

Player Phase/Turn 5

tiqF9Ix.png

Victory Condition: Defeat all enemies!

Defeat Condition: Tarquin or the Riese is downed!

Battle Mastery: Reduce the Luna to 1200 HP or less!

Docs

Things were starting to get hairy down around the Reise as both Vera and the enemy battle ship engaged them. Astin glanced at the group near them and sighed. No choice... Opening a private channel to Thorvald, they quickly communicated their plan. "Sorry Thorvald. I'm pushing down to help the others out. You guys can handle this, I know you can." Shutting off the channel, they pushed the Ceres into maximum speed. Time to test exactly what all Avery did to this thing...

Astin casts Accel and Shield, move to 8-12, and punch Demios 2 on the way