Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking Hits

Hannah wasn't expecting the caught off guard Hyperions to be that quick to respond, the Mantle shaking heavily from the sudden direct hit. "Ghhh... V-Vivian, major damage to the left wing from incoming enemy fire. I can maintain flight, is there anything I should be doing to contain the damage and make sure transformation is still functional?"

Galatea watched Hannah, wondering a few things. For someone that cared about playing human, that reaction to taking a rather dangerous hit was as calm and collected as an android should've been. She did suppose that it wouldn't be good to freak out, but it was curious, to her, at least. Better than panic, I can't deny. Hmmm~ Well, if I'd been allowed access, that wouldn't have hit in the first place. Firmia will learn. Probably. I hope...

Enemy Phase/ Turn 1

Hyperion 1 leads the charge, firing at Astin!

Weapon: Long Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 59
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 99,63
Miss!

Astin counters with their Energy Chakram!
Final hit: 99
Final Crit: 29
Roll: 80,95
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 40

Astin gains +40 EXP, +3 will!

Hyperion 2 clashes with one of the newer models-- Thorvald's!

Weapon: Buster Sword
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 25,89
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 31

Thorvald counters with his pea shooters!
Final Crit: 19
Roll: 70,84
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 1!

Thorvald gains +10 EXP, +4 will!

Hyperions 4 and 5 choose to strike at the Riese!

Final Crit: 29
Roll: 65,58
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 54

Roxanna retaliates! With... Th-The Autocannons.
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 83,91
You would've missed Roxanna please
Final Damage: 17

Round 2!
Hyperion Roll: 18,11
Hit
Crit!
Ohno
Final Crit Damage: 81

She fires back!?
Roll: 44,1
Hit
Crit! Thank you!
Final Damage: 26

R-Roxanna gains +100 EXP, +4 will total...

Rock The Boat

"Wahhh!" Jess tripped over the pants she was trying to put on and collapsed onto the floor as the ship shook. Her communicator was being flashed with alarms of all sorts, what kind of mess was Roxanna getting into!? Wrestling the jeans up her waist and zipping them up, she grunted as she pulled herself up and grabbed a shirt. "Gotta get to the bridge, God, dammit...!" It made it over her shoulders right as the door opened, socked feet rushing down the halls.

Taking Aim

"They're making a move. Hmm..." The cautious intermediate, sitting on his cockpit, examined the river crossing with an attentive eye. The Riese seemed to be putting itself in more danger than in its previous missions... what a sharp change in tactics. That hardly seemed like the same captain. "Whatever, we can't let them through. If the Sacarians show up, this will get even messier..." Sighing, he started taking aim in his robot. It wasn't easy to spot him, even if it were the Riese, the captain likely had no idea, which was a trump card for them. As long as he remained incognito, he could calculate more distant trajectories in this machine. "First shot's up. Let's rain fire on them." With a trained eye, he pulled the trigger.

Carlos fires at Abigail!

Final Hit: 69
Final Crit: 23
Roll: 44,62
Hit
No Crit
Abby Defends the incoming shot!
Final Damage: 71

Abby gains +2 Will!

Player Phase/Turn 2!

jkIsDQ0.png

Victory Conditions: Reach the highlighted square with any pilot, or defeat all enemies!
Defeat Conditions: The Riese is downed!

Battle Mastery: Hit Carlos* from 8 spaces or more away!

*Carlos: Will target a random party member every turn, aside from ones he has previously fired upon.
This will go until he either runs out of Ammo, at which point he retreats, or until he is engaged upon, either from Battle Mastery range, or closer! If he is engaged on, he will join combat as per a normal enemy.

Stats!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

'Janitor' sighted. A1 watched the man carefully without making any noise, at first. He was definitely doing janitorial work, tending to the trash gathered in the bin, and seemingly keeping an eye out for any loose trash that hadn't found its way there. When he reached for his mop, though, A1's programming put it right on defense, and it inadvertently revealed itself as it raised and leveled its rifle at Bill's main hand. Getting smacked with something that large was not on the little AI's to-do list, but there were few ways to make its intentions clear without a voice module.

What a terrible time for the captain to be absent. Being on the bridge should have never felt this dangerous. There wasn't much Megumi could do without getting in the way and potentially making matters worse, unfortunately. She did all she could to keep her hands busy without looking as nervous as she felt, but pulling up irrelevant specifics on the team's vitals over and over again was going to look strange after a while ...

"Captain, would you hurry up and get back here ...?" Megumi muttered under her breath, her nervous hands pulling up data on Abigail that was far too precise to be helpful at the moment. The doctor had half a mind to radio the captain, but surely Roxanna and others had already tried that ...

... screw it. "Captain, this is Doctor Amparo. Where are you, right now? Please respond."

Firmia cringed as a render of the Mantle's flight mode on her tablet flashed red on its left side. The left wing was badly hit, but the junction was still safely tucked away within the frame.  The odds of part of the wing coming off with continued damage had gone up considerably, but transformation shouldn't be affected, yet. Balance was another matter, and depended on how well the wing would hold up.

"Ah hell ... Mantle Team, you alright?!" Brant radioed the damaged unit.

"That ... physically hurt me," Firmia said through clinched teeth as Hannah gave her damage report.

The shot Abigail took thereafter had come from well beyond the enemies in the immediate area. Having encountered that kind of long range fire before, Firmia knew they were dealing with another Apotheosis sniper. There was a chance that it was the same one from before, but ... really, what were the odds? Thoughts of the Luna compared against all the grunts they had killed up to this point had Firmia undecided on that particular possibility. Really, she just wanted to find a way to return fire in some meaningful fashion. Otherwise, they would be dealing with deadly sniper fire until the bastard ran out of energy, and that was making some dangerous assumptions about their technology and resources. At least there was only one for now. She'd had enough twelve man sniper team ambushes for one lifetime.

"We'll start repairs once we find an opening," Firmia responded to the Mantle's hail, "but we need to keep pushing forward." Firmia hated that, but turning back now just meant they would be presenting easy targets to that sniper and their cohorts and leaving the ANF pilot for dead.

"A sniper, huh?" Brant grimaced as Firmia prepared the repair module, "Great. Crescent--" Brant didn't know what the hell Abby's callsign was, "Merlin here. Can you help us zero in on the exact spot that shot came from? We don't want to keep taking fire like that." He switched to the Mantle to put in some words there, as well. "Terminator, stay focused. We don't know what that shooter's aim is. Might be one target at a time, might be trying to soften up the whole squad. Either way, you're already nursing a bad hit."

"If a shot's coming in and you can't dodge it, brace with the shield," Firmia called out after Brant, "Go into MS mode for the block if you have to." It was possible to pull off in flight mode, as Brant had done, but even he had trouble pulling off those kinds of moves with so little warning.

Tarquin couldn't help but admire Carlos' shot, it had come out of nowhere and the precision required to make it connect... Apotheosis were sporting some good marksmen as well as technology. There were at least a dozen additional enemies closing in on them - it would do good to try and reduce their count before they were surrounded. Hannah's damage wasn't insignificant, but she appeared more than willing to continue fighting. Tarquin wasn't going to let her go down just because she was more likely to survive it, their tactics would need to keep everyone operational. 

"XO, I would recommend allowing docked units to deploy on the northern bank of the lake. Relocation of aerial units northwards and focus fire on a solitary target would also be an appropriate course of action." Tarquin broadcasted, mildly irritated at his rifle's decision to remain offline. He'd have to have a word with Avery or one of the mechanics about it. "The rest of us should eliminate another Hyperion , further damage to the Heion Riese is ill advised."

Edited by Shin

Distractions

"Megumi!? I'm-- Fuck-- Ow!" Megumi's call has spooked Jess, her socked feet sliding across the recently cleaned-- darnit Bill --floors, the Captain careening into the wall in front of the elevator. "Ugh... I'm, bottom floor! Coming up now! What's going on? Why did the ship shake like that?" Jess had been rushing herself, not able to run and check her communicator at the same time for all the damage. The elevator dinged, she got on, hit top floor, and started checking... Massive damage to the bow of the ship!? "Megumi, who are we fighting!? It's Apoth, isn't it... I shouldn't have taken a power nap, I feel so stupid! Dammit... Fucking, Abigail..." Jess blushed, biting her lip. It had felt so good, but now this... if anyone died on her because of her choices, she'd never forgive herself.

"I'll be there in less than a minute. Just... I don't even know. I hope Roxanna's trying her hardest up there."

Pushing

"Roger, Vivian. A mid motion transformation should be no issue for me." Hannah paused to check over the damage again, it had been a big hit, but the structural damage was superficial. "I'm alright, Merlin. No need to worry."

"Fir... Vivian," Galatea nearly sighed out, "if you give me access, I can prevent 'Terminator'-- Really, sis? --from coming into further harm. I realize you're still scared of me, but with a fight of this magnitude, I don't think you can--"

"Galatea, stop!" Hannah frowned at the little program, before focusing back on the battle. "I do not need your assistance to pilot... I just need to do better."

"Hmm... So you say, but we're both in here now. It's not just about helping you pilot, it's about making sure we all make it back in one piece. Robot included... Reconsider, Vivian, if Termy can't dodge another hefty blast."

Hannah grumbled a bit, but couldn't deny that anything extra in keeping the machine in working order would likely please Firmia.

The bottom floor? Was that what Jessica had said? Either she'd overslept or breakfast was a buffet and too good to pass up. Megumi didn't know which was worse. To make matters more annoying, the doctor found herself on the receiving end of some annoying, somewhat rhetorical sounding questions ... and it turned out the captain had indeed slept in. What Abigail had to do with it, though ... "We're outnumbered, again," Megumi began, letting her irritation through the comms, "but the real issue is our formation. The Riese is in the thick of it. Several units are damaged, including Abigail's Crescent, and there's a sniper and several unknown units we have to worry about, now."

She stole a stealthy glance at the XO before hunching down and quietly adding, "I've seen what kind of trouble your subordinate's gotten into in the past, so would you hurry the hell up and take command before some lucky torpedo finds the reactor?" Frankly, she was more worried about the bridge being targeted, directly. The beam weapons weren't likely to get through, but with Roxanna's seemingly gung ho fighting style, Apotheosis would have plenty of other options for beheading the Riese.

"Scared isn't the word I would use," Firmia muttered, eyeing her tablet's UI. Currently it was displaying the Mantle's information, as well as the list of registered users. Galatea wasn't on that particular list, but she was in the system. A few button presses would grant the AI's request, but Firmia didn't like what that could mean for her future plans. Of course, almost anything was better than watching the Mantle get torn apart.

"Viv," Brant called her from up front. "Take over for a minute." With no further warning, Brant took off his helmet and unstrapped himself from his flight seat. The move left Firmia dumbstruck. There was absolutely no reason for him to be moving about inside the cockpit in flight mode. That was a luxury a normal fighter pilot wouldn't even have! As Firmia kept the Regalia on course, Brant moved back to meet her.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting on your nerves, probably," Brant shrugged, reaching over and began poking at Firmia's tablet. She had half a mind to stop him, but utter confusion, coupled with a refusal to leave the Regalia vulnerable for even a moment stopped her. She could only grit her teeth as Brant added Galatea to the registered user list right in front of her, the results of which, taking effect near instantly. "Alright, 'Big Sis,' you're good to go. Terminator, you and I will become better pilots on our own time. Eventually we won't need the help. Right now though, we need all the help we can get. There's an ANF pilot out there that's counting on us."

"If anything happens-" "If anything happens," Brant gently cut Firmia off, "I'll take responsibility. That said ... the fasten seatbelt sign's still on, so I'd better get back to it ..."

Brant swiftly got himself back into position and secured before taking control of the Regalia, again. "You're not the only one who hates being vulnerable, you know," he said, trying not to grin, "Let her take matters into her own hands."

Edited by Phoenix

Taking Heavy Fire

"A-Abby's... Jesus, she's not doing something stupid like rushing in, right? I thought I was helping with that... Tell me she was just caught by some stray shot-- Fuck, that doesn't make it any better... Ahhh, elevator, move faster!" The elevator was, of course, faster than your standard office building, but it was still not instant, and that was too slow for this nonsense. The door's opened to the... Middle floor!? DAMMIT! Jess slammed top floor, she'd missed it in her haste. Was fate conspiring against her to make this go as poorly as possible? Jess let out a frustrated whine as Megumi went on, almost jumping in place, her anxiety was acting up something fierce.

"I'm coming I'm coming I'm coming, I'm sorry! I... Ugh, Abigail did too much to me last night, I'm so sorry, I should've just sucked it up and gotten up. I told her that I wanted to get a bit more sleep, said that since we didn't have confirmation on the group... I'm such an idiot. Not gonna let myself do that again. Elevator's almost up." Ding. Jess almost slipped as she started out of it again, making straight for the bridge's elevator up.

Assuming Direct Control

"Scared is the word I would use..." Galatea held back another quip, but, much to her surprise, she'd be able to delete it. "Merlin, you're a darling! I can see why H's head over heels for you~" Stretching off of her cloud, Galatea leaned to the left, leaned to the right, rolled her neck... "Ah, right, one more thing. I'm Little Sis, Merly." Without another word, she disappeared.

"Wh-- Galatea?" Hannah panicked for a moment, before the screen's began to glow that wonderful pink-- calming her down quite quickly.

"Now... Let's get comfortable." Her voice was coming from somewhere, but much to Firmia likely pleasure, nothing was going off alarm-wise in the Mantle. "H, I'm alleviating some of your processes, background, mostly. You should have excess space to process incoming enemy attacks. Until I'm more comfortable with this machine, I won't be able to do much else, but I've activated a few of my extra processes, as well. Feel free to make use of them~"

Hannah felt the weight lift immediately, shocked at how easy that had been. It made her wonder why Firmia had been so apprehensive in the first place. "Acknowledged, Sis... Thank you."

Galatea gains Dual processing! Spirits list revealed!

Bill froze, clutching his mop tightly as he eyed the small creature in front of him. So it was a space gremlin, there was no other explanation. It was the right size to have crawled in whilst they were flying among the stars. If there was one, there were bound to be more - he was fairly certain that space gremlins laid their eggs in hidden places. "Doesn't look too sooky to me, tiny little thingo's got some spunk to it." he muttered, twirling his mop around adeptly. "Now, Bill, you can't let it feel threatened, that's when it sprays you."

He stood his ground for the time being, his intel on the so-called gremlin had mostly come from a book he'd read as a child. However, it was good enough to be in a book, there had to be an element of truth in there somewhere.

It was a shot out of nowhere, but it certainly did plenty of damage to Abigail's own mech. And with him shooting from so far away, there was little anyone could actually do to retaliate.

"Barely any cover...This is gonna be tricky." The water could server well as cover for her own mech, thanks to the Water Jet they had quickly installed into the Heracles since last mission, but it certainly wouldn't hide her completely. In the end, Elaine just went with her instincts, and sought to run and gun it.

Elaine moves to (20,7), and shoves an MT12 Machine Gun right into Hyperion #2's FACE!
...And then she fires it.

Edited by Dandragon

Elaine shoots first again!

Elaine attacks!
Target: Hyperion #2
Weapon: MT12 Machine Gun
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 52, 28
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 74!

Hyperion #2 counters!
Final Hit: 93
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 82, 43
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 64

Elaine gains + 50 EXP, + 4 Will!

Guess you should've used water for cover!

Edited by Three Wise Xin

It definitely saw her coming. Even though Elaine was able to put several holes in it with her machine gun, it was able to easily hit her back with it's sword. And it was hefty hit. It actually sent her back a few feet, but it didn't knock her out of her current position.

And in her current position, out of the corner of her visor's line of sight, she finally got a good look at it. The lone bot that was neither the sniper that was firing upon them from so far away, nor was it the Hyperions or Cressidas that were plentiful in number. It was the lone bot she had spotted earlier on her radar, and now she could see it by zooming in on it. And she recognized it. The color was different, once pure white now given some blue to it, but the shape was exactly the same.

"It can't be...They can't have gotten it. They can't have found it!" Her eyes were now on the image of the same model she had used to protect Colony 2 from the three unknowns two years ago. "I knew we should have gone to Colony 2. I knew it. I knew it!" Elaine turned on her communications to the entire team. "Red to squad! Red to entire squad! The robot at these coordinates is a dangerous mech suit capable of speeds that are impossible for any one of us to keep up with! Even the Artemis! It's an experimental model from Colony 2! It's...It's..." She couldn't get herself to say it out loud, but now she was scared. Incredibly scared. If the pilot on that thing was competent, they could zip far too many circles around the Riese itself. And those Apotheosis bastards had it in their hands.

Edited by Dandragon

A1 kept its mock rifle trained on Bill's main hand, even as the man twirled his mop. There was no sign of imminent danger just yet, but A1 still hadn't figured out a way to open the door. Its head turned slightly, enough for the rear facing camera to confirm that the door was indeed fully shut, not cracked enough to be forced open by hand, and too low to squeeze underneath. It was a cage match ...

Well, not necessarily. A1 was about as interested in fighting crew members as it was in being smacked around with a relatively giant mop. Finding a way to communicate would be ideal, but that required some equipment A1 didn't have. The little AI trained its main cameras on Brant's computer. Not ideal, but that was one means of generating a message. Could he get there without provoking a response? Testing the waters, A1 took a single step to its left, toward the computer further in the room, and then froze to gauge the towering janitor's response.

"... it's the sniper I mentioned," Megumi explained, figuring it was fair to assume Abby would be taking dumb risks and not necessarily getting really unlucky. The captain's worry and rushing were real, and the frustration and ... guilt? ... bled through the radio, to the point the doctor was feeling more pity than anger. What the captain delved into next was certainly interesting. Megumi didn't know the Captain and Abigail were a thing. It must have been recent. Very recent It was no excuse for being late to a battle, though. In fact it was one of the worst excuses the doctor could think of off the top of her head. Command would be pissed if they found out about this little incident, and Roxanna was likely to tell them if she thought it would put her closer to that captain's chair.

There didn't seem to be any point adding anything else if Jessica would be there in a moment, anyway. "We'll see you when you get here," Megumi said, ending the call. With that, she shot up out of her chair. "The captain's on her way up," she notified the bridge staff, "She shouldn't be long, now." She was so tempted to add in an 'everything's going to be alright,' but Roxanna might just put two and two together and get annoyed.

Firmia scowled at her monitor as Elaine's report came in. It was the kind of 'intel' that was almost better left unsaid, laced with panic and far too vague to be useful. If they took the woman at her word, they might as well turn tail and retreat for now. The initial scans of the enemies suggested that the unit was indeed fast, but nothing the team's sharpshooters couldn't handle. Even the Luna could be roughed up with some preparation, so a colony model ought to be simple enough to deal with. Not easy, but simple enough.

"Red, stop fear mongering and give us information we can actually use," Firmia hissed over the radio, throwing politeness to the wind.

"Brighteyes," Brant radioed the Riese, "is there any way to pull up detailed information on that suit, or are colony projects completely isolated from the ANF's database?"

Firmia grinned but quickly quashed it. She'd been about to make a similar request, but Brant seemed to be thinking along the same lines. Equally important, he was on top of things, right now, which saved them some time. She'd use that time to question Elaine further. Still, this wasn't a situation where Firmia wanted to let positive emotions get in the way. She might let her guard down if that happened. "Okay, tell us what you know about that machine so we can destroy it if it closes in on us." Capture had crossed her mind, but it wasn't Apotheosis tech ... not unless they Bucked it up and were now testing their new monster in the field. More importantly, they probably weren't capturing anything with this many enemies running around. Enemy numbers needed to be thinned out, and that sniper needed to be dealt with, in particular. Firmia was most certainly not letting her guard down ...

Firmia casts Alert (10sp)!

Firmia casts Alert! [-10sp] So paranoid!
---

Commander on Loan

"Ah...!" Roxanna was tense on her chair, the enemies had approached quickly with the Riese moving itself to the frontline. It was a scare to see those two hyperions draw their swords at the battleship. A wrong move and a section of the battleship with residents could be pierced. Ugh... this is the worst. Loss through her decisions... no, it couldn't happen today. The Riese was a powerful ship, and the pilots were hanging well out there. Right? Her hands were gripping hard the edge of her seat, and that feeling of being judged arose to her senses. "R-Right, acknowledged, Specialist Herrington. Pilots in the hangar, from here, it's a short jump to the riverbank. I advise caution, as there are Hyperions in close vicinity." Goodness, they needed to halt down, with this many enemies in front of her. No, we're not going to die, I can handle this... She just had to come back to her senses as a captain... she wasn't that bad before, right? 

On the other hand, Megumi seemed to want to get Jessica there as fast as possible, and proudly presented the news that she was on her way. "...Okay." She knew that it was a good thing, but something about that comment and behavior felt really awful. Did Megumi have this little trust in her that she needed Jessica to be back immediately? I bet if Pipsqueak chose to escort the slower pilots across the lake they'd be all fine with that. A bit of a wince as her self-conscious mixed with that resurgent resentment for Jessica, the XO let out a huff and focused on the battle feed again. Let's take aim at something... 

---
Aliza moves to her spot unimpeded!
---

Down Under

Hoo, so they were already this far through the river... but it seemed like the team outside still had trouble crossing it: In fact, the ship was having trouble thanks to these nasty intercepting Hyperions. Yikes, what a shake! Makoto really needed to get out there! Ugh... I can't just drop from here, we're still crossing the body of water, damn. It was a scary height, especially for the heavy CT frame the Phalanx was using. The ground frame would also have trouble, even with booster to alleviate the drop, getting out of water would be a mess. Maybe... oh, right!

Zero gravity, low gravity, extreme pressure shifts... close enough. There was the space-oriented frame, for use back at the Colony, it probably wouldn't move as fast under the effects of gravity, but it was a decent alternative... it would probably survive the drop, at least! Returning to the ship after would be a bit cumbersome, but he'd find a way. "Changing frames!" After returning to his spot in the hangar, the automated arms started working on switching the Phalanx's outer armor for a move curved, ebony design, still beating the ground frame in bulk, but nowhere as overcrowded as the CT frame. The main difference were the added maneuvering propellants, which weren't doing anything for getting the machine moving on ground, but that was to change as soon as the unit hit water. It was about time now. Threaded heels put work to get the Phalanx to follow the large mobile suit out of the hangar, but instead of hovering down gracefully, the guard trooper fell to the water at a high speed, thankfully not enough to cause structural damage to the unit's feet, continuous use of propellants to slow down his acceleration. Still, it showed only the jump module and some propellants wouldn't do enough.

Now that the unit was immersed, Makoto was first relieved to assure that no sections were breached on the fall, the unit remaining airtight --or watertight for that matter!--. and was obeying his commands well. Good, that meant it could traverse water mostly fine. That was his chance! "This is Makoto, attacking from below!"

Makoto switched up to VERNIER FRAME, drops down and gets to (23,10), and shoots at Hyperion #4 with twin laser pistols!

Makoto attacks!
Target: Hyperion #4
Weapon: Hybrid pistols
Final Crit: 33
Roll: 85, 45
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 20!

Hyperion #4 counters!
Final Hit: 76
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 96, 56
Miss!

Makoto gains +60 EXP, +2 Will!

You can't cleave underwater that easy!

Edited by Three Wise Xin

Astin does the thing!

Astin attacks!
Weapon: Sawed motor knife
Final Crit: 64
Roll: 51, 59
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 72

Hyperion #2 counters!
Weapon: Buster sword
Final Hit: 70
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 79, 59
Miss!

Astin gains +40 EXP, +3 Will!

Good job!

Edited by Three Wise Xin

So Elaine had some sort of history with that unknown, did she? Clearly, if she was able to identify it and make such claims about it... normally Kim would have been skeptical of that sort of claim, but the Luna was an ever-present reminder that what should and should not be possible technologically wasn't always sound reasoning. Focusing on the unit, Kim was hit with an... odd wave of nostalgia. The pilot was most certainly a telekinetic, but she felt like... like she knew this telekinetic. But from where? She had felt this person before, she was sure of it... a defector from the academy perhaps? She supposed it didn't overly matter...

"The pilot... of the machine that Red is warning about... is a telekinetic. If it is as potent a machine as she says... be extra careful." Kim noted, as she took aim at the nearby Hyperion that was already being focused down... at least she was in range for this one.

"Terminator, I am aiming at the hostile directly ahead. Requesting supporting fire." Kim quickly requested in a private line to Hannah before loosing her funnels and firing a few rounds from her scattergun on the approach, wheeling around to the side of the Hyperion to attempt to cut off it's movement options.

Kim casts FOCUS, attacks Hyperion 4 with MARS Mode S, supported by Hannah's Beam Smart Gun, and then Hit and Aways to 22,11

Kim casts Focus! [-15sp]
There she goes!

Kim attacks!
Weapon: M.A.R.S. Mode S
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 82, 57
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 59

Hyperion counters!
Weapon: R. Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 11
Final Crit: 11
Roll: 93, 39
Miss!

Hannah provides cover fire!
Weapon: Beam smart gun
Roll: 31, 79
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 94

Kim gains +40 EXP, +4 Will!
Hannah gains +25 EXP!

That went well!
---
Captain on Loan
The Hyperions were giving the pilots more trouble that it was worth, there had been plenty stragglers, and the fact that another unit was getting close to them only accentuated that feeling of dread. Ugh, no. Stop that. We're not going to die here, prove that doctor wrong... "E-ensign! Ready a volley towards that Hyperion keeping our pilots busy!" They needed to mobilize, and if she could help, then... Come on, Jess can hit them, so can I... just need to fire! "Now, ensign!" She called out, pointing at the main screen. "Fire!"

Roxanna attacks!
Final Hit: 70
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 40, 41
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 68

Hyperion #2 counters!
Weapon: R. Sniper Rifle
Final Crit: 12
Roll: 86, 18
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 46

Roxanna gains +50 EXP, +2 Will!

Well, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Edited by Three Wise Xin

This Pressure

"The pilot is a TK?" Christina paused from monitoring the Artemis for just a moment, trying to focus on the pilot-- "Ah!" It was like a slap across the face, but nothing had hit her. Something about that pilot... It had been such a familiar feeling, almost like home. Had Apotheosis taken her family? What sort of nonsense... But, her mom wasn't a Telekinetic, she had no siblings, her father was dead... "Kim, I don't know what's going on with that pilot, but they feel really familiar... Like, eerily so. Be careful." Elaine's worries about whether or not the machine was some crazy force to be reckoned with, those went over Chrissy's head. They'd dealt with plenty... Maybe the woman was just getting shocked by seeing something familiar?

Captain Back on The Bridge

"I'm here!" Jess gasped out as she nearly fell out of the bridge elevator, catching herself on the captain's chair. Most of the bridge was stunned for a moment and glanced at her, the casual attire not inspiring much confidence, but after a few minutes with Roxanna in command...

"Welcome back, Captain. Check your feed for a read on the situation." Tristan was the first to speak up, nodding at her then getting back to his terminal. Now wasn't the time to be getting at why she was late, or what was up with her clothes... Roxanna wasn't dressed much better, though.

"R-Right. All units, Captain Gefalscht here, resuming command of the bridge. Checking status now. Keep engaging the enemy forces, and we'll focus on backing you up." Jess sank into her captain's chair after that, sighing and checking robot status... Abby had taken a hefty blow. What a mess... But with the Riese back to full commanding power, hopefully things would go alright.

Jess is back! Updated map with Command range on Discord

No Pressure

With Hannah's processing mildly alleviated, she felt like things would go a lot smoother with another try. Since that other Hyperion was on massive lockdown, it made for a pretty easy target. Unbeknownst to Hannah, though, Galatea was already working her muscles in the Mantle

Galatea casts Alert, Hannah fires on Hyperion #2 with the Smart Beam Gun!

It seems Christina hadn't even noticed that the other pilot was a TK... how strange. Rolling in the air to easily evade the return fire of the Hyperion, both her own shot and Hannah's support slammed into the heavy machine, dealing a large chunk of damage in the process. Keeping her eye on it, her focus shifted to the unknown once again as Christina said that it felt awfully familiar to her as well? What?

"I... had that exact... same thought, Chrissy. I assumed they were likely... a defector from my class... in the academy, if I recognized them. But would you... have known any of them?" Kim pondered... who could this pilot be if both Christina and herself were familiar with their mental signature...

"Do you remember... any telekinetics in particular... being around... a lot during your testing?"

Temporary Dismissal

Roxanna's reign would last only so long, With Pipsqueak barging onto the bridge. The XO felt... disappointed, having her dream of captaining being handed on a silver platter after days of trying to get it by force, and now she had to give it back again. "... C-Captain. I've been holding off the enemies and gave the pilots our mission debrief. Just to let you know." She sighed, feeling tense still, but now a mixed stew of emotions was leaving her confused. She was relieved of keeping the battleship safe, but now couldn't issue the same orders as before. Hmm... couldn't you at least have remained in bed for a few more minutes... She looked back to the captain, letting her sit on the Captain's chair. She couldn't help but give that chair a longing gaze as she returned to her rightful spot as XO.

Galatea casts Alert! [-10sp]

Hannah does the snipes!

Hannah attacks!
Weapon: Beam Smart Gun
Final Crit: 16

Roll: 86, 6
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 140!!

"G-Guuh!!"
The Hyperion implodes, wowie!

Hannah gains +300 EXP,  +5 Will, +3000 credits, +10 PP.
Hannah levels up! Woo!

Now we're talking!

Edited by Three Wise Xin

What, the flying fuck, was that.

Abigail was not amused. Not amused in the slightest. She'd only gotten the briefest of warnings regarding the incoming plasma shot from what had been apparently unoccupied territory, and generally speaking far from operational range. Maybe with another second or two she could have dodged instead, but with no time to think bracing for impact had been all she could manage, and even that had hardly made a difference. Gritting her teeth and trying to blink away the sweat from her eyes, she scowled.

The attack hadn't gone unnoticed by the rest of the crew either, Brant radioing her for more details, while some other assorted chatter tried to balance their future plans around the existence of this new threat. It was hard to focus on anything but finding that sniper bastard and shoving her titanium sword down his throat, but eventually Abby pried herself away from impotent revenge fantasies and got with the program.

"I'm fine..." she prefaced with a bit of a grumble, before adding a bit snippily, "Thanks for the concern. But yeah, near as I can tell from these readings, it came from the vicinity of the trio of signatures on that cliff. Whether it was one of them, or they're the sniper's honor guard, I couldn't exactly tell you, but watch out because it hits like a fucking truck. Stay on your guard people, I'm more worried about that, than the unknown Red is worked up over. Shouldn't be fucking possible to make a shot like that, goddamn."

One last angry huff out of the way, she flipped her channel to bridge only, instead of party wide. "Welcome back, Captain, good work, XO. Gonna try to relieve a little more pressure off you here." There wasn't anything Abigail could do about the farthest away Hyperion, that was something the Riese was probably just gonna have to accept another attack from, but these other two... if they could be kept occupied. One of them had already been engaged, time to keep the other's attention.

"Alright, fucker, you've asked for it," she growled to herself before requesting back-up from the sniper behind her. "Pup, toss in a volley alongside mine, would you!" Then she brought the Crescent Moon to a kneeling position as it steadied the massive hyperparticle bazooka over its shoulder and unleashed the fury.

Abby fires Bazooka at Hyperion 1, supported by Tarquin's Seeker Missiles

Reception

"Abby! Er, I... C-Corporal? Casson? Uh... Right." Jess blushed, they hadn't really given Abigail a rank or anything like that, had they? "You need a callsign, uhh... uhhh...! I'll figure it out later! Are you alright? If your machine took too hard of a hit don't push it. The hangar's open for any necessary repairs." She didn't want to phrase it like 'get yourself back in here so I don't have to worry about you exploding', but it might've come across that way with the mild panicked tone in her voice. "You don't have to worry about the ship, bearings will be turned towards the source of that fire soon." Jess muted her end of the channel, looking over at Tristan.

"Ensign, can we asses that sniper's position from the Crescent's data? Or is there not enough off of one shot?"

"Ma'am! We'd need a closer visual, or one more position to measure from. Long range camera coming into view." One of the monitors on the bridge's main screen focused in on the large, hulking suits up on the ridge. "It's definitely around this area, trajectory of the blast assumes it came from a bit lower. Likely hiding within the treeline, Captain!"

"Damn... Eyes peeled, bridge! Find out where that unit's hiding and dispense the info to every pilot!" Jess bit at her finger, this was pretty tense, and she'd only just got here. Please be okay, Abby... I don't want last night to have been goodbye. It'd be too cliché. No stupid story deaths here.

Abby is INCREDIBLY UNAMUSED with being fired upon and EXACTS RIGHTEOUS FURY on one of the nearby machines!

Abby fires at Hyperion #1 VERY ANGRILY!

Weapon: Hyper Particle Bazooka
Final Hit: 86
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 69,9
HIt
Crit!?
Final Damage: 92

The Hyperion returns fire!
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 67
Final Crit: 11
Roll: 30,42
Hit
no Crit
Final Damage: 61

Tarquin chimes in for a support attack!
Weapon: Seeker Missiles
Roll: 90,15
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 49

Abby gains +4 Will, +50 EXP
Tarquin gains +3 Will, +25 EXP

Tarquin couldn't say he was particularly impressive with the Oberon, nor did Elaine's panicked report of it. It was in line with the other Apotheosis commanders' machines, but probably not on par with the Luna. "I only forsee this machine being a moderate threat as a worst case scenario. Its estimated parameters do not suggest we will have significant difficulty eliminating it." Tarquin replied, the numbers on his display the basis of his evaluation. "Adhere to plans and there should be few issues, 

Why would she panic about this thing, especially after they've faced more intimidating machines. Tarquin was more concerned with dealing with the enemy sniper. To shoot back at them, they'd need to delve deeper into their enemy's operational range - leaving them vulnerable to further attack. At least they had Jess back, Roxanna's command hadn't been disastrous but the return to acceptable functionality was welcome.

"Ensure that you do not leave yourself open... Rebel." Tarquin replied, having sent a flurry of his missiles to aid his ally. His opinion of Abby wasn't particularly high, she was swimming down in the depths of his list with Elaine. The only saving grace that he didn't have to spend much time around her. His warning was perhaps a little too late, Abby had done a fine job of nearly totalling her machine. Their attack had been rather effective despite the damage. At last, his rifle had finally come online, and there was a more than suitable target waiting for it.

"Specialist Eriksson, I require your assistance. Please provide supporting fire." Tarquin requested, making sure there was at least some contingency to his attack.

Tarquin attacks Hyperion #4 with his High Precision Rifle! Thorvald helps with his Hi-Beam!

Edited by Shin

Tarquin unleashes accurate hell!

Weapon: High Precision Rifle
Crit: 29
Roll: 79,8
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: A lot. 150

"Glory to the New WoRLD--!"

Tarquin Gains +8 Will, +300 EXP, +10 PP, +3000 Credits!
He levels!
Skill, Accuracy, Defense!