Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

It was a tense stand off between Bill and the space gremlin, neither of them had budged an inch. Bill needed to stand his ground, giving it an opening would prove to be a fatal mistake... for the carpets! There was no telling what mischief it would get up to if left alone, it was Bill's job, no, his duty to protect the ship from threats like these. His eyes were fixed on A1, the janitor patiently watching as it made a single step. Where was it trying to go? Was it trying to escape or deceive him?

"Can't bail out on me so easily, my little cobber." Bill muttered, moving his mop to form a blockade towards Brant's computer. If things started to go south he'd need to call for back up, but for the meantime he'd be able to manage alone."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...I admit that I don't know too many specifics about the speeds at which it can go, but what I do know is that its reaction times are almost immediate, able to move and turn on a dime faster than any bot made at a similar time. I'm also familiar with it's weapon systems, but from what I see, some of those weapons have changed or been taken out entirely. It used to have have a vulcan gun attached to it's head, used mainly to shoot down any missiles that would come it's way. It had missiles of it's own, though they were nothing to write home about. It's most dangerous weapon at the time was a customized gauss gun attached to it for easier and quicker steadying of the gun itself. Apart from that, the only other weapon it had was standard beam rifle. From what I can see by looking at it, now, it has a second beam rifle, and the Variable Speed Gauss Rifle looks like it's been swapped out for a Railgun, but I can't say for certain. And I have no idea what that pile bunker on it's arm is." Elaine took in a deep breath, partly because she had been rambling slightly, and partly because she was still panicking. Was her home already completely raided of everything? Was this the result of her not being there to protect Colony 2? And how long did Colony 2 have time to last before the ANF blew it up? Were there survivors? Did they kill everyone? Her mind flashed back to the dead bodies of both the facility and the crumbled building, the latter still haunting her to this day. It was one thing for pilots to get gunned down, but she had stood there the next day, off in the distance, as bodies were pulled out from the rubble and placed into body bags. So many body bags... So many... All because she couldn't shoot down one missile. And now, they found the experimental robot this time, instead of taking the three regulars that had been made by the Colony. Even more tech in Apotheosis's hands to tamper with. Tech that didn't belong to them!

Edited by Dandragon

Nikolai settled into the seat as his hands fumbled clumsily with the new controls. It was a smoother ride, yes, but the more technologically advanced model was definitely something he would need adjusting to. Still, he figured that there was literally no better time than the present, lest he end up with a few new extra holes to breathe through. 

And a few extra holes was a likely possibility, given the situation they were in. The enemy was no push over, but then again, neither were they. At least, most of them, he figured the cap might still very well be a soft one.

He clicked his tongue at the chatter over the comm systems. Was it normal for people to get this agitated? He figured that at this point, they would all very well be used to getting shot at by very big things with very many guns. Whatever, he would shoot back and that was that.

Nikolai moves on over to (22,9) and fires the Dual PewPews at #1. Bratta-tata-tat. Bang Bang. Shooty Shooty.
with a SICK support from Brant via Hyper Beam! WHAPEWWWW! SHOOM! BOOM!

Edited by Garry
critical boy recalibration

Niko goes bang bang!

Nikolai attacks!
Target: Hyperion #1
Weapon: Dual auto handguns
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 30
Roll: 60, 22
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 50!

Hyperion #1 counters!
Weapon: LB Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 50
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 27, 10
Hit!
No Crit.
I-Field nullifies the damage! [-12EN]

Brant comes in with the support fire!
Weapon: Hyper Beam Rifle
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 77, 48
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 54

Nikolai gains +60 EXP, +4 Will!
Brant gains +25 EXP, +2 Will!

Good going!

That mop was massive ... A1's cameras followed the long pole all the way up to its giant wielder. It looked like it was being barred from the computer. A1 came up with plenty of alternate routes it could take, but given what had just happened, the probability of having other paths closed off the same way was exceedingly high. A1 considered changing its objective; reaching the computer without provoking the janitor was unlikely. The AI had to find another way of communicating.

One option was the use of the laser. On the highest settings it would start burning holes in virtually anything in the room, but lowering the power to minimal levels, A1 could perhaps produce a signalling system. Testing the theory, A1 took a step back from the mop, and aimed the laser at Brant's computer tower. It was a beast of a machine, but rather unassuming from the outside. More importantly, the laser would show up clearly on its black case. Aiming carefully for a spot that was well within the giant's sight lines, A1 tried to send a 'Hello' in Morse code by flickering the laser on and off at a somewhat charitable pace.

There was no luck on the information request on Brant's end, but Firmia managed to get Elaine explaining what she could, which admittedly wasn't a lot. The loadout change wasn't too bad in terms of what they had to contend with, and Elaine's familiarity with the machine had Brant wondering if they couldn't take advantage of the situation. He certainly wouldn't mind walking away from yet another engagement with some new hardware. It seemed to be the Riese Team's specialty, didn't it?

"I've got a feeling they're not finished integrating that suit into their ranks. It probably won't blow if we rough it up, a little. So, Red, ... what do you say? Are we gonna steal it back?" Brant smirked.

Was it really worth the effort, Firmia wondered? Maybe. Really, the only reason they weren't trying to steal parts straight off the Apotheosis suits at the moment was due to the nature of the engagement, and the fact that they hadn't finished their modifications to the Regalia. Otherwise, these things Hyperions would be suffering from a terrible case of phantom pain. "If we're going to try that in the middle of all of this, we better take care of that sniper, first," Firmia warned.

"Agreed," Brant nodded at her, though it didn't reach the comms.

With that settled, he pointed the Regalia toward one of the pesky Hyperions and opened fire along with Nikolai. The results weren't half bad, though Brant would have definitely preferred a clean kill after all of that. These machines were just too much, most days. "Well, that could have gone better," Brant gritted his teeth, his grip tightening on the controls, "Repositioning and firing second volley."

"Aim for the cockpit, this time" Firmia instructed, "We can definitely punch through, now."

Brant moves to 19,7, casts Focus (15 SP) and Strike (20 SP), and attacks Hyperion #1 with the Hyper Beam Rifle!

Brant casts Focus![-15sp]
Brant casts Strike![-20sp]
Now that's a man that doesn't take chances!

Brant attacks!
Target: Hyperion #1
Weapon: Hyper Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 100!
Roll: 85, 45
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 77

"C-curse the ANF!!"
The Hyperion implodes!

Brant gains +300 EXP, +7 Will, +10 PP, and +3000 credits!
Brant levels up!

Beautiful beamworks contrast the cruel happenings of the battlefield.

All this death and destruction. Hadn't there even been a request to try to capture one of these special field bots, alive? Ah well, there was nothing Thorvald could do about it at this junction. He'd been primed to go in for a softening blow alongside Tarquin, but the latter had no taste for mercy at all it seemed. Nikolai and Brant were also fearless and bloodthirsty, leaving him with no targets within range, even if he'd had a mind to start wading across the river. Time to just position himself were he could provide the most help to as many of their more beleaguered craft as possible.

Sure, that amounted to basically inching forward, and keeping eyes peeled in case the sniper or anyone else tried to pick off Elaine, Abby, or Astin, but when that's the order of the day, that's what had to be done.

Thorvald advances to 21,7 and waits to intercept

Thorvald stomps onwards...

Enemy Phase/Turn 2

"Another round in the chamber... Let's test the heavier armor."

Carlos opens fire on Thorvald!

Weapon: PLasma Sniper Rifle
Final Crit: 18
Roll: 28,59
Hit
No Crit
Thorvald Defends!
Final Damage: 51
Hefty!

Thorvald gains +2 Will!

Brant comes under fire next!

Hunter #3 tries to make fireworks out of the Regalia, but the machine dips out of the way of the incoming missiles with ease!

Alert spent!
Hunter #3 misses!

Brant, having strike, auto hits!
Crit: 22
Roll: N/A,9
Hit
Crit!
Final damage: 238. Bye.

Brant gains +100 EXP, +6 PP, +8 Will, +1800 Credits!

Uh. That can't go that badly twice, right? Hunter #6 tries for round two!

Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Hit: 64
Roll: 81,47
Miss!

Brant counters for the same song and dance, no crit this time, but it plows through all the same!
Brant gains +100 EXP, +6 PP, +8 Will, +1800 Credits!
Avoid Decay +1

Third time's the charm!? Hunter #5 tries!

Final Hit: 74
Roll: 17,35
Hit!
No Crit
Final Damage: 49

Brant counters and causes smoldering debris to fall out of the sky!
Brant gains +100 EXP, +6 PP, +8 will, +1800 Credits!
Avoid Decay reset!

Hunter #1 across the way decides that the other TK will be a good target! Nice joke!

Final Hit: 66
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 48,69
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 27

Kim Counters with her Mode R!
Final Hit: 84
Roll: 52,81
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 116!

Kim gains +10 EXP, +4 Will!

The Cressidas take their moment to back up their ailing frontline!
Cressida #2 fires at Brant, Beam Rifle Hot!

Final Hit: 7
Crit: 8
Roll: 78,70
Miss!

Brant counters with the full burst!
Final Hit: 97
Final Crit: 32
Roll: 9,31
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 218

"GAhahhh!"

Brant gains +3 Will, +30 EXP!
Avoid Decay +1!

Cressida #8 tries the same!

Final Hit: 17
Final Crit: 8
Roll: 18,25
REEE
Miss!

Brant fires back! Gun's still hot!
Final Hit: 97
Roll: 44,13
Final Damage: skjfhaskjfasdf 218

Brant gains +3 Will, +30 EXP!
Avoid Decay +2!

#7 is trying, okay!?

Final Hit: 24
Final Crit: 8
Roll: 98,20
Oh dear
Miss

Brant fires back!
Full burst!

Final Hit: 94
Roll: 54,43
Hit
No crit, thank geezus
Final Damage: 157

Brant gains +30 EXP, +3 will!
Avoid Decay +3!

Kim faces down a trio all the same!
Cressida #1 fires!

Final Hit: 14
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 81,38
Miss!

Kim counters with mode M!

Final Crit: 30!
Roll: 80,6
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 141!

Kim gains +4 Will, +30 EXP!
Avoid Decay +1

Numbers 3 and 10 try their luck as well!
#3 first!

Final Hit: 21
Roll: 55,18
Miss!

Kim returns fire for the same result, minus a crit!
Roll: 90,73
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 88

Kim gains +4 Will, +30 EXP!
Avoid Decay +2!

#10, maybe!?

Final Hit: 31
Roll: 18,53
Hit!
Glory be!
No Crit
Final Damage: 36
It's something

Kim retaliates
Hit, no crit
Final Damage: 96

Kim gains +2 Will, +30 EXP!
Avoid Reset!

The last remaining Hyperion decides to meet Riese with sword!

Final Crit: 22
Roll: 76,44
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 52

Jess retaliates with the ship's autocannons!

Roll: 76,75
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 12

Jess gains +2 Will, +50 EXP!

Aliza takes some incoming fire, and puts on her bravest j-pop!
Cressida #4, fire!

Final Hit: 87
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 51,75
Hit
No Crit

Aliza Counters! Beams on!
Final Hit: 61
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 36,72
Hit
No Crit
Final Damage: 59

Aliza gains +1 Will, +50 EXP!

Cressida #6 gives her the same treatment!

Final Hit: 87
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 31,14
Hit
No Crit

Aliza fires back once more! Beams high!
Final Hit: 61
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 65,65
Miss!

Aliza gains +3 Will!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

“Steal it back?” Elaine was taken aback to the event that bad begun her downward spiral; the time she had attempted to steal a meer Velite from the Academy. But, this time was different. This time, it was about taking back what was stolen. And, rather than dwell on the past, Brant’s suggestion made her consider options. 

“...It’s a hunch, but I think I have an idea.” Elaine spoke after a moment of silence. “The one last thing I know about that model is that it has a built-in AI used for voice commands. Again, it’s to help for its movement. But it’s also protected by a password so that no one can just take it for themselves. And I know the password...from two years ago.” There was a slight pause, probably from Elaine realizing she was making a very poor case, right now. “But I have no reason to believe they would have changed the password. If I can establish a radio connection and speak through the pilots comm systems, I can shout the password and make it shut down before they have a chance to react. That’ll open up the cockpit and leave the pilot vulnerable. Then...Then I can jump inside the cockpit, deal woth the pilot, and take control of it myself.” Yup. This was her plan after thinking for all of a minute.

”Look, I said it was a hunch. But if we pull this off, then we take this away from Apotheosis before they can copy and mass produce the tech inside! Just blowing the thing up isn’t gonna stop them from salvaging and collecting data on it. Please...Just trust me on this.” 

We tag teaming this EP!
Hunter #2 attacks Astin!

Hunter #2 attacks!
Target: Ceres (Astin)
Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 86
Roll: 32, 83
Thorvald steps in to take the hit!
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 7!

Astin counters!
Weapon: Energy Chakram
Final Hit: 40
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 37, 60
Hit actually!
No Crit.
Damage: 108!

Astin gains +10 EXP, +2 Will!
Thorvald gains +2 Will!

That wasn't so unfortunate!

Hunter #4 is the only one left, and has a volley of missiles ready for Nikolai! Little did he know that boy is ready to cause some trouble back!

Hunter #4 attacks!
Target: Umbra (Nikolai)
Final Crit: 14
Roll: 91, 9
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 87!

Nikolai won't stand for this! I-FIELD BARRIER!
Weapon: I-Field Bunker
Final Hit:  44
Final Crit: 11
Roll: 4, 29
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 180! Yikes Revenge!

A stream of light burns the Hunter out of the atmosphere! I think he's pretty dead.

Nikolai gains +200 EXP, +5 Will, +6 PP, +2160 Credits! So nice!
Nikolai levels up!

Now that's what I call styling!

Player Phase/Turn 3!

4a0f5e7563.png

Victory Conditions: Reach the highlighted square with any pilot, or defeat all enemies!
Defeat Conditions: The Riese is downed!

Battle Mastery: Hit Carlos* from 8 spaces or more away!

Stats!

Edited by Xinnidy

All they could do when the Hunters came was fight back. Rather than presenting their backs, Brant flew straight at them, hoping Firmia would be able to intercept their missiles while he focused on shooting down the planes. All six of the Regalia's funnels fell from its wings and quickly began swarming ahead of the machine. The first volley was easily repelled, Firmia spraying down the missiles with countless beams before Brant even had to think about evading. He took the opening and lanced the incoming Hunter with the Regalia's hyper beam rifle.

The smoldering wreckage drifted past them as the second volley of missiles came. Firmia intercepted about half of them, but Brant had to both evade and counter at the same time. That was by no means easy during a head on engagement. Brant took two shots, one at the start of his maneuver, and one afterward, just as the third volley came in. While Firmia focused on the fresh missiles coming in, Brant managed his second shot, skewering the Hunter and destroying it.

"Crap," Firmia hissed, launching flares and chaff together to try and spoof the missiles. Brant knew he had only another second or two before they got pulverized. It wasn't enough time, and one missile in particular made it through all of Firmia's countermeasures. The only thing that stopped Brant from transforming the Regalia to try and block the attack was the sudden determination he felt from Firmia. The hesitation hadn't cost them in the way he thought it would. The explosion shook the Regalia up, but the missile had been intercepted, somehow.

"Urgh," Brant didn't have time to figure out exactly how she'd stopped the missile when it was that close; she was just as likely to shoot the Regalia as her intended target. It didn't matter, though. That Hunter was going down! Brant smirked, satisfied at the inferno he'd just created as four funnels zipped passed his view. One of them wasn't flying as 'gracefully' as the others.

"Two funnels lost, one damaged," Firmia reported, quickly docking the surviving units on the wings. She couldn't accurately target the missile once it was that close, so she'd positioned the funnels like shields, hoping the missile would hit one of them. Two had been blown to steaming bits and another hand been deformed by the shockwave and was barely flying. As annoying as that was, Firmia was grinning faintly. There was just something so satisfying about taking down three enemies so quickly. She could sense their fear and mounting frustration in their final moments. She wouldn't mind getting a good dose of that hopelessness every sortie~ As an added bonus, it was becoming more and more clear that the AMS units were making fighter planes and interceptors obsolete. Someday soon, it wouldn't be up for debate, it would be a cold hard fact. On that day, Alkaev+ would become a household name.

Elaine quickly got back to them about an idea she had for stealing the colony suit mixed in with the Apotheosis units. Barring enemy interference, it sounded at least feasible, but just like Brant, Firmia had concerns about the password issue. She didn't doubt the enemy was stupid enough to present Elaine with the opportunity to send a voice command that way, but if Apotheosis changed the password when they stole it, that plan would be out. If no one had a backup plan, then they might just have to total the thing and try to salvage whatever was salvageable ...

"Well," Brant started, nearly being cut off by a pair of Cressidas, "Urgh--that password issue--THERE!" Brant blasted one of the Cressidas, leaving it nearly burned to a crisp, before rolling the Regalia to change his approach and attack the other one. "That password's going to be an issue. If it doesn't work, then they probably changed it. If it does work though, you'll need an opening to steal the suit. I still think we need to take care of that sniper first. At least." They also had to get moving soon and find that ANF pilot. All detected enemies were focused on them, but there might still be a search party on foot out there. "Got ya!" Brant shot the other Cressida, leaving it on its last legs, much like the first.

Firmia's grin widened as the Cressidas struggled. The pilots weren't dead, so she could savor their torment a little longer. The only thing that could make this better was a glass of liquor~

Astin let out a sigh of relief as Thorvald stepped in to take the hit for them, allowing their full concentration to go towards hitting the pesky Hunter attacking them. Somehow, they managed to score a direct hit with the energy blade, heavily damaging the enemy bot but not bringing it to the ground. Finally having a slight second to breathe, Astin was finally able to chime in on the discussion being had about the newly identified enemy robot.

"I'm more on Merlin's side here, Red. That's a dangerous maneuver you're talking about for little gain. If we really want the mech, we can shoot it down and salvage it ourselves. Risking yourself out in the open to maybe capture an enemy mech seems pretty foolhardy. You're going to be an easy target for any of the enemy mechs, plus the enemy pilot. They get to sit still and shoot you while you're trying to board their mech. Better to take it down and salvage the wreckage and not risk your life."

Decision Making

Jess was trying to control aim on the AA turrets while listening into this conversation about some apparent robot takeover... She wasn't quite sure if she wanted to okay that. Time to press for details. "Does this machine have any of the apotheosis tech that we're trying to get our hands on?" she presented to the crew, grumbling quietly as the Hyperion laid into the Riese once again. She quickly changed her radio over to the mechanics in the hangar, "fire in the personal quarters, seems to be around the gym area, someone please handle that." Sighing and swapping back, she wanted to make things clear.

"When I asked you all if capture was possible, I didn't mean it for a nostalgia causing robot. Scanners aren't picking anything much unique up on it, so unless its hiding Apo tech, it's not worth the risk. Take it down, or weaken it enough to grab if it you must, but priority is taking care of these enemy units and that sniper. Anything foolish before that will result in punishment... So please, don't do anything stupid. A... A-And can someone come get rid of this Hyperion? The AAs are barely denting it, and it's too close for the main guns." Jess flustered in embarrassment at that. Couldn't deal with one machine... The set backs of big guns ship.

Old Friends

"Any other TKs? Uh, no, I wasn't... They didn't like me because of my nonsense, so I never spent any time around them. This doesn't feel like them, either, this is... Like... Family? But that'd be impossible. I don't know how to describe it. It's so weird... I kind of what to take the pilot alive, if we do end up capturing this thing." Whatever was causing this sensation was mildly disturbing. At the least, being able to ID the pilot if it was shot down, she wanted that much. No one she knew should've been with Apotheosis... Unless... Her father hadn't really died from... Don't even entertain that. You were at his funeral. You saw him. There's no way that could've happened.

Shaking her head, Christina tried to prod into the feeling more... Only to get pushed back. Whoever was in there wasn't wanting any approach from any other TK.

Combination Set

Hannah was fairly pleased with how things had been going since Galatea started helping. Maybe it was just getting used to the fight, but she felt good. That was worth noting, and keeping track of. Galatea also seemed to be taking care of any extraneous movements... That made focusing on firing much easier. The call came in to deal with the Hyperion harassing the Riese, and that brought Hannah back to her practice earlier... "Brant, please come in. Do you believe that we would be able to perform a combination strike against the larger target to disable it before it can damage the main ship further?" It was worth a shot, at least.

And thus the captain made her call. She didn't outright say to not attempt to take it, but damn if she didn't make it sound harsh. And this was rich coming from someone who wasn't even present at the start of the battle in the first place. It angered her. It was more than nostalgia for that damn mech. Far more. And there was no guarantee that if it exploded there would be enough to salvage in the first place. But could she really say that? Could she really back talk the captain? Jessica's threat still lingered, and she could enforce it easily. But all the same...She couldn't let herself let Apotheosis get away with this.

"...Dammit!"

Boredom

At the edge of the battlefield, outside long range scopes, two machines stood, watching the slowly losing battle. "You know, Soor'Kan, we could be dealing with these humans easily... What's the point in allowing them to destroy our allies like this? Isn't that a pointless loss of troops?"

"Perhaps," mused the older Sacarian, stroking his chin, "but, it does provide us with quite the insight into their strategies, don't you agree? Again, don't underestimate them, our machines are not as powerful as they used to be. The humans could overwhelm our numbers with some of their more advanced prototypes, it's good that we-- Wh... What, is that?"

"Soor'Kan?" 'Bathy had zoned out of his lecture until he broke it off, the gesture very foreign to her. He was always strict, decisive, calm. Nothing threw him off his cool, and yet, there was a sudden hesitation in his voice. "What's wrong?" An unusual concern came out of hers, as well.

"One of the humans... There is... An anomaly. Something that should not be. Stupid creatures... What have they concocted now?" A curious, and frustrated growl slipped out of his throat, engaging the controls of his Praxis.

"Are we going to fight them!?" 'Bathy was suddenly all ears, sitting up in her seat and doing the same.

"Not yet. You are far too eager... But, soon. I am only going for the anomaly, and you are to play guard, not soldier, is that understood? As much as I can feel you want to tear into them, you are not to fire unless fired upon. Break my orders at your own risk."

"Grrrr! Fine... I suppose you did let me have my fun earlier." A hefty sigh followed.

"Come. I must find the best angle of approach for this."

Reflective NaCl

To be honest, the whole spiel about capturing that machine had been lost on Roxanna during her attempt to command, it'd been a wild ride just making sure nothing on the Riese exploded... too badly, while still getting the pilots across the river. Boy, that had been some unfortunate positioning, and it didn't help the XO any that she was ruminating this much on a problem that already passed, but it wasn't like Jess needed her, as usual. She just talked to Ensign Calvin if she needed anyone's help... Perhaps it was pointless to focus on that anymore, her days were likely counted anyways, so what was Roxanna to do? 

The XO could at least watch the pilots, still fighting for the ship's sake, getting these terrorists out of the ship's proximity. They were still getting rid of the Hyperions that went over to corner the ship's trajectory, in the end. Did she just slow things down? Ah, this spiral truly sucked, she needed something meaningful...

Ah, that beam of light again, this time it hit Thorvald, and the sheer amount of enemies surrounding them only made things more troublesome, that's right... "Specialist Eriksson...? Keep up, um... can you see their patterns? From the ship, we are able to trace... here, I'll send the data to your unit." Bleh, she was feeling so off, now that the danger high was sinking hard. Maybe if she were still the captain... well, no, she wasn't getting that much done. Ugh, why is my brain going nowhere now?

Roxanna casts Attune on Thorvald! [-25sp]

Support from Above

Dwight tapped the arm of his chair contemplatively, observing the ebb and flow of the battlefield as Apotheosis' units were slowly grinded down by their fire. Excellent accuracy, spatial awareness and dodge rate. The Riese crew was lacking in discipline, but more than made up in their battle coordination. It was such an unique phenomenom, not all the pieces meld well, but their results against what was mostly summed up as better technology and greater numbers held them to high standards. It's a treat to see such a group function. Perhaps it was lucky that they had the sense to pick up all these experimental weapons on the way, however, as even they would struggle through this wave with only Velites and Legionary Mk III-Ms. That said, this enemy group was a fair deal more prepared than the past few, save for that purple unit all on its own, but that was its own problem.

There was that unit that took the first volley of plasma to the front, a bit far removed from the vanguard after the potshot, but it wasn't the pilot's specialty to hang behind the frontlines, was it. "Hmm... Abigail, was her name?" Dwight mused to himself, that was the rebel they'd recovered from the colony, and still had a mind to fight with them after all that. Despite how naive and scared Jess seemed on her first days, it seemed that the decision to relieve the rebels from their sentences turned out for the best.Thrice, so far. "This goes against everything I've learned back in my days, but let's see how far we can go." Being able to operate the wavelength transmitter gave him a sense of agency. Calmly, he set up the energy shield in front of Abigail's mech.

Dwight casts Trust on Abby! [-20sp]

naYW9dG.jpg

"How... strange. Keep a lookout... on that machine. If I get the chance... I'll try to disable it, without destroying the cockpit." Kim replied, weaving through incoming fire as the Apotheosis troops advanced, managing to come out of the ordeal mostly intact, only taking superficial damage at best. Still, the looming wall of Apotheosis machines was a tad daunting. Flipping her comms on, Kim aired her thoughts to the rest of the crew.

"It looks like... Apotheosis troops are trying to surround us... in a pincer formation. The river... slowed them down. We should try... to use this chance to punch through... their line and disrupt them."

Abigail grunted as another round put some serious dents into this Crescent Moon of Buck's. While the Hyperions' snipers had nothing on the slug from ol' yon off in the distance, they weren't anything to sneeze at neither.

Of course, Jess picks the opportunity to ring in and start worrying. The stumbling over her rank and title was actually kind of cute, and combined with the obviously good intentions behind her mothering it kept Abby from being too annoyed at what sort of felt like attempted interference in her piloting.

Maybe the captain realized she was being too pushy too, as a protective energy field was remotely deployed around Abigail's mech instead. Much more palatable option than turning tail, more specifically, having to be the first to do so. While Abby might have to chew her out a bit later, remind her about their 'no special treatment' discussions, for now she was just shaking her head and smiling.

"Ten Four, when repairs are necessary, I'll be sure to find the hangar, Bright Eyes."

Now, what's the next step here... Abigail resumed surveying the battlefield.

Elaine to (19,9), attack Cressida #8 with Plasma Buckler

Where was her backbone? Where was her will to do what she thought was best? Was it all gone? Or was she just too scared to tap into it? 

Even if she wanted to, there were still far too many Apotheosis mooks in way of getting to that robot. It was all the way in the back, out of range for her to get close, but in range of plenty of weapons to completely wreck the thing... if they hit. 

Without thinking, Elaine had rushed into the water, close to several Cressidas barring the way. She charged her Plasma Buckler, spotted one of them that had taken the most damage, and, using her thrusters, jumped out if the water, letting her downward momentum, however small it might have been, to increase the impact of her strike.

”Out of my way!

Edited by Dandragon

Elaine decides to PUNCH first and ask questions later!

Elaine attacks!
Target: Cressida #8
Weapon: Plasma Buckler
Final Hit: 77
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 65, 86
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 61!

PUNCH! That Cressida is a goner!

Elaine gains +250 EXP, +6 Will, +2300 credits and +8 PP!
Elaine levels up!

That went well!
Brant casts Focus![-15sp] Also he's landed for now!

The Mighty Aquaranger

It seemed Makoto had pretty much been ignored by enemies throughout their approach. Was it so hard to make him out in the river? Was Makoto nigh invisible for their radars, or did they just lack the proper equipment to launch an underwater assault? Either way, that played to the boy's favor, finding himself close enough to launch some potshots... but it would be better to not stray from the rest of the group, even if he was mostly limited no farther than the shoreline with this frame.

There was no time to waste, a tag team attack would be enough to send one of the Cressidas packed. At least Makoto hoped so! "Hey uh-- Merlin!" These names were weird, but Makoto was picking up on them, this was the guy in the transformable suit, and Terminator was the other... he still wasn't sure who this Vivian was. "I'm going to hit the water surface pretty soon to fire a round, mind backing me up?"

Makoto uses Invincible! [-10sp]

Makoto moves to (19,8), attacks Cressida #10 with the laser pistol, with support from Brant's Hyper Beam Rifle (Full Burst!)

Makoto attacks!
Target: Cressida #10
Weapon: Twin Laser Pistols
Final Hit: 82
Final Crit: 29
Roll: 46, 25
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 63

Cressida #8 counters!
Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 72
Final Crit: 1
Roll: 87, 39
Miss!

Brant provides support fire!
Weapon: Hyper Beam Rifle (Full Burst)
Final Crit: 31
Roll: 10, 47
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 110

The Cressida gives in to the flurry of beams and heat that strike it!

Makoto gains +300 EXP, +5 Will, +2300 Credits, +8 PP!
Brant gains +100 EXP, +1 Will (capped!), +8 PP!

What fireworks!

Firmia casts Alert![-10sp]
Wowie!
Brant moves out to attack with support fire from Hannah!

Brant attacks!
Target: Hyperion #5
Roll: 59, 71
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 117

Hyperion #5 counters!
Weapon: R. Sniper rifle
Final Hit: 0!
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 85, 19
Miss!

Hannah supports it up!
Weapon: Beam Smart Gun
Final Hit: 100 exact
 Final Crit: 22
Roll: 29, 2
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 146

Brant gains +30 EXP!
Brant levels up!
Hannah gains +15 EXP!

Wow, that went better than expected!

Edited by Xinnidy

There was a strange monotony to the experience, Nikolai figured, as he wrenched back from his previous assault on the enemy, only to see another mechanical titan take the place of its fallen comrade. He found himself wondering what kind of person was in that machine, now little more than smoldering wreckage. Sure, they had attempted to murder him a few seconds prior, but if that was the standard then he'd been doing much of the same. 

In the end, they were deadlocked in an endless volley, a cycle of shoot-or-be-shot.

Did the being that was now little more than seared meat in a twisted metal prison have friends too? Did Nikolai even have friends? He figured he did, or at the very least, people who relied on him to continue living. Therefore, what had to be done was clear: keep shooting. Always keep shooting. Ignore that pounding, squeezing thing in his head and keep shooting lest he lose himself.

Nikolai holds position, attacks Hyperion 5 with I-Field Bunker. Explosions ensue, and he does Not Look At Them.

Would this be the last time? Probably not. 
But for the first time in a long time, he kind of wanted it to be.

A reflective Nikolai is the deadliest.

Nikolai attacks!
Target: Hyperion #5
Weapon: I-Field Bunker
Final Crit: 40
Roll: 18, 69
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 95

In another stream of light-like beam emission, the Hyperion is a goner! It seemed to have imploded during the powerful blast!

Nikolai gains +300 EXP, +6 Will, +3600 credits, +10 PP!

And there it goes, in a flash...