Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

What's the next step here, had been the thought running through Abigail's head, and the answer was "very little". Without crossing the river--a feat that seemed more difficult than it was worth, would undoubtedly be classified as "charging in foolishly" by Jess, and just an overall bad idea--there were only so many targets available.

Grimacing as she pondered her chances against one of the plane-types, finding them not entirely favorable--it was that or sit around looking pretty, which was a non-option. An idea came to her though, and she radioed to Thorvald for help. Two chances to hit the thing would be better than one.

"Hey, you in the big boy suit there, let's swat one of the little buggers out of the sky, I'll try to drive it into your line of fire, follow my lead," she broadcast, and impulsively set off to do just that.

Thorvald hadn't quite expected that transmission, and certainly not coming from the source it did. Still, he'd gone along with worse ideas and there was no real reason to leave her hanging. Roxanna's data might be able to help, and with a two pronged assault... yeah, he had a good feeling.

Abigail moves to 20,7 Pulse Kunai Hunter 2 supported by Thorvald with High Beams

Edited by Balcerzak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abigail and Thorvald tag team? It's more likely than you think!

Abigail attacks!
Target: Hunter #2
Weapon: Pulse kunai with chain
Final Hit: 46
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 98, 19
Miss!

Hunter #2 counters!
Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 93
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 58, 27
Damage: 52

Thorvald provides support fire!
Weapon: High Beam Cannon
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 0
Damage: 102

The hunter is brought down from the skies!

Abigail gains +150 EXP, +3 Will, +1800 credits, +6 PP!
Thorvald gains +75 EXP, +5 Will, +6 PP!

Thanks dad!

"Not much point in callsigns if we're not going to use them," Firmia chided Hannah. She didn't stop there, going on to address the android's question, as well. "... and yes, we can take it down together. We'll be there in a moment."

"'Combination attack' sounded kind of specific," Brant noted after the transmission ended. "I wonder if she has anything in mind."

"Just shoot it down ..." Firmia scowled.

Brant sighed, grateful that at the very least, Firmia's murderous aura had calmed somewhat. It was definitely still there, but it was far more subtle now, perhaps pacified by the Regalia's recent string of white hot victories. Not the healthiest stress reliever, but if Firmia's life had been reduced to war and trying to manage war machines, it seemed inevitable.

"Looks like that combination attack's going to have to wait for a minute," Brant winced as Makoto radioed in.

"Terminator, standby," Firmia instructed.

"I copy, Phalanx," Brant replied, "Backing you up." Another full burst from the Regalia's main weapon, accompanied by a barrage of beam pistol fire, managed to down the enemy Cressida with little trouble.

"Alright, we're coming your way ..." The Hyperion was brought down, next, though the finishing blow had been dealt by the Umbra and her pilot. With that, any hope of getting their hands on Hyperion tech were, for the moment, dashed. That just left the Oberon, the sniper, and the three unknowns advancing in the distance, though Firmia doubted they would be any easier to learn about than the Hyperions.

Elaine's excuses and bizarre line of logic finally made sense, but it was supplemented by an plan so poor that he'd have expected to see it in an issue of "Gorilla Rider". Did she seriously believe that such a risky tactic would work? As much as it would be a relief to have her out of the picture, Tarquin didn't quite have the heart to let her splatter against it like a fly on a windscreen. "The plan is needlessly reckless, I agree with disabling it and salvaging any remains if possible." he replied, locking his sights on the Oberon. If he avoided the reactor, the chances were they could disable it. That being said, Tarquin was more inclined to focus on removing an enemy than appeasing Elaine's odd desire to claim a mediocre machine. The shot itself was going to be at his maximum operational range, and one that he couldn't particularly afford to miss. He flicked one of the switches on one of his control panels, his unit raising its rifle as he took aim.

"Engaging with Railgun, power output at 100%" he remarked, his shot perfectly lined up. He could feel and hear the machinery of Aria whirring around, how powerful was this weapon at its best? He pulled the trigger on his controls, the recoil from the rifle shaking him in his seat. Even if he knew the numbers behind it, he couldn't help but be awestruck by the weapon. It was a weapon he'd have to use responsibly, mistakes could prove more than fatal.

Tarquin uses Sense and shoots the Oberon with his Full Output Railgun!

Tarquin casts Sense![-20sp]
The Aria whips out its powerful railgun for an inspiring debut!

Tarquin attacks!
Target: Oberon
Weapon: Full output Railgun
Final Crit: 11
Roll: 98, 28
A fair shot!
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 147!

The Oberon is too far away to counter!

Tarquin gains +30 EXP, +3 Will!

Tarquin's marksmanship proved to be the real deal in the end!

Edited by Xinnidy

Thorvald Blesses Kim

Tarquin's shot had been unexpected, for Thorvald at least, and potentially ill-advised, given the full parameters of that unknown were yet to be revealed, especially if Elaine was to be believed. Yet, for all that, it seemed to have worked, and incredibly well. They appeared to have a ripe opportunity on their hands. Who looked to be posed for a follow-up? Minnie? Yeah, she seemed unmolested, especially compared to the situation last deploy, and fresh for a fight. Radioing over some words of encouragement, Thorvald tried to turn her on to the idea of leaving more wreckage for salvaging than naught.

Private channel up, the Artemis crew gets a minor pep talk. "Look, we haven't seen anything in action from it yet, but let's trust Red on this one and, if possible, try to recover some of its special systems afterwards. I trust you can scrap it without ruining anything too badly, especially if some of this data the XO wired over can help you any." Pressing a button, Thorvald passed along a bit of what he'd been given, and hopefully everything would work out for the best.

Edited by Balcerzak

Of course it was Tarquin. Of course it was the shitty little brat that always had something to say about how stupid she was. The little baby made in a lab to be the perfect soldier. And from where she was now, there was no way she could stop him.

She watched as the railgun on the Aria charge up to its maximum fire power, and then as the projectile slammed into the Oberon, a direct hit. Not only were they going to wreck it, the fucking brat was going to vaporize it with blasts like that, even WITH ballistics. There wouldn’t be anything left to salvage in the first place! 

“Daaaammiiiiiiiiit!” She snarled, though no one could hear her. The last remnants of her acts on Colony 2 were about to be wiped out. And for the first time in two years, she actively cared. She cared about being recognized for what she did. That she wasn’t just some fluke of a pilot who magically made it to the rank of Sergeant. She wanted the mech. She wanted it back.

...A fleeting thought crossed her mind, but she was able to grab on and keep a hold of it long enough in the sea of chaos that was her emotional mind. It was the idea of communicating with the enemy pilot. It was a dumb idea on the surface, and probably even more so when anyone else would think about it further. However, she could see little other option in keeping the robot in tact. In all honesty, what she was about to do was against a lot of what she believed, but when Nikolai, Christina, and Abigail were already an occupant of the Riese, when they were allowed to live... Elaine wanted to give it a shot. And so, typing up on her console, she established a radio connection with the mech she so desperately wanted to save.

”Hey!” She shouted over her comm system to whoever was piloting. “I think it’s pretty obvious that your bot is on its last legs, and I can safely say that the next hit you take ain’t gonna be pretty. In fact, you’re probably gonna die in the burning, exploding wreckage, if you’re not one of those bots that implodes. But, it doesn’t have to be that way!” Deep down, Elaine found it hard to believe this was actually happening. “I’m gonna give you a chance. Nobody wants to die, right? Well you don’t have to. All you have to do is say ‘I surrender’. Do that, and I can guarantee you that the guys on our ship will treat you a hell of a lot better than any other place looking for Apotheosis. I can patch you in to the ship, and all you gotta do is pay down your arms and surrender. Either that...Or I can’t guarantee that there’s gonna be anything left of ya.” She leaned in close to the microphone. “I’m giving you a choice, here. You wanna live? Or you wanna die? What’s it gonna be?”

Combine OK!

"M-My apologies, Vivian. It slipped my memory banks for a moment." Hannah chided herself as the Regalia went about helping Makoto deal with that nasty Hyperion, finally Nikolai coming in to relieve the Riese of its metallic aggressor. "Merlin, follow my lead, please. If you have functioning funnels left, I would ask you to harry the enemy Cressida I am targeting currently... I've forwarded the Regalia the rest of my idea. Do not falter when it comes to the final part of it! I feel that this will be quite effective!" Hannah rushed towards the target in question, transforming to MS mode and flipping out the Mantle's equipped beam sabers. Firmia wouldn't like this, but hopefully Brant got a kick out of it.

Hannah moves to 22,10 Twin Bird Maneuver Cress 3

Transmissions

"Aghghhh!" The Oberon's pilot was rocked by the sudden blast, tearing through defense platings and badly damaging the interior servos of the right arm. "Santana! SANTANA! Orders!" A desperate call for some form of direction was met with silence, and likely, more fire was incoming. "Probably put me in here to get rid of two birds with one stone. A defective machine and a defective product. Meanwhile, she gets to live. Don't think I can't feel you trying to prod me in that gaudy machine..." A wry smile and grit teeth, the pilot wasn't expecting to receive a message after all of that.

"I should... Just..." They would've canceled it, but this was likely their last moments, right? Might as well see what was coming at her... Oh. One of these types. There was silence at the end of Elaine's message, met by a burst of laughter, that calmed into a sigh. "You're all the same, aren't you? Did you care about anyone else you shot down today? Heh... Kill me." Transmission ended, and the pilot sank against her seat. "Wonderful if she's got the gall to finish me off herself."

Followed by the funnels, Hannah charged at the Cressida at blinding speeds! Check out that risky approach, between firing funnels!

Hannah attacks!
Target: Cressida #3
Weapon: Twin Bird Maneuver
Final Hit: 85
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 44, 37
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 163!

The Cressida is sliced through and succumbs to the beam flurry!

Hannah gains +200 EXP, +5 Will, +2300 Credits, +8 PP!

That was close, but somehow Hannah made it through unscathed!

Following Orders

That was the problem with these types. In the face of death, they'd break formation, expect miraculous orders to save their lives, even discard common sense and communicate with the enemy. What a handful... but still, the machine was picked off from an impressive range, and that didn't escape Carlos' observation. "If you break formation, they'll pick you off quickly as well. We're still waiting on the Sacarians. Hang in there and do your worst." Really, what else was he supposed to say? These machines weren't capable of warping like the Hyperions. It was a shame. Carlos thought he had a chance with greater numbers, but the Riese proved too strong to beat on attrition and focus fire alone --too many barriers, too many skilled pilots--. It was really starting to show that the units they'd picked in previous missions had been gamechanging. "This is the second group I lose to them, what a mess..." As long as he was an Intermediate, he'd need to avoid the Riese from now on...

That voice... everything was too confusing in Kim's head to put two and two together, but the owner of that voice should have been blatantly obvious to her. It probably was blatantly obvious to her, but also not possible, so her brain discarded what it already knew.

"Chrissy, take over flight control. I'm going... to use the funnels to disable that machine's... combat and movement systems." Kim noted calmly to her copilot, as she focused more intently than usual on controlling the Artemis' remote funnels with absolute precision. Loosing the twin remote guns and aiming the Artemis' magnum towards the Oberon, three shots fired from the magnum, arcing past the Oberon and keeping it pinned down while the funnels did their work, rushing in and making fine holes and cuts along the pinned mech, rendering it's systems hopefully inoperable without proper repair.

"Apotheosis unknown neutralized." Kim promptly noted over open comms to the Riese crew, hopefully stemming further fire.

Christina casts Mercy!

Kim casts Sense and attacks the Oberon with MARS Funnels!

Astin spotted an opening left in the confusion of funnels and Hannah charging in, pushing their mech through the ensuing mess and chaos of exploding bots, to position themselves neatly next to one of the injured enemy mechs. "Another one down..."

Astin moves to 19,10 Incision knifes Cress 2

Thorvald casts Bless![-35sp]
Christina casts Mercy![-15sp]
Kim casts Sense![-25sp]

Kim opts to neutralize the target with funnels!

Kim attacks!
Target: Oberon
Weapon: M.A.R.S. Funnels
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 32, 93
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 85! But thanks to mercy, damage becomes 73, and the Oberon barely makes it!

Still, thanks to the damage, the machine is disabled!
Kim gains +200 EXP, +7 Will, +9000 credits (thanks bless), +11 PP!
Kim levels up!

The Oberon is taken down on the word go!

Astin is interested instead in KNIFING a Cressida!

Astin attacks!
Weapon: Incision Knife
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 45
Roll: 61, 88
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 45

Get knifed.

Astin gains +200 EXP, +7 Will, +2300 credits, +8 PP!

Cleave through that steel!

Breaking Protocol

"Red!" Jess had nearly lost her cool and belted out Elaine's actual name, grumbling in her chair, checking their locks on the remaining enemy forces. It was great that they'd disabled that machine, but she couldn't continue to do this for her own selfish wants. Jess didn't know her connection to the machine, but it was definitely not saved because of whoever was piloting that. "I'm going to tell you this once, and only once, Red. No machine is worth chancing our lives. Do you understand me? You break protocol like that one more time, and try to contact an enemy unit, I'm throwing you in the brig! I've had enough of this behaviour!" She's been doing so well, too... Ugh, why now? Why'd you have to go back to how she'd been acting? So stupid... Hopefully this was just an Elaine issue. Jess couldn't have all of her command structure breaking down so close to Central...

"Whatever, we've got more enemy units to deal with... Ensign! Ready the harpoon!"

"Ma'am-- M-Ma'am!?" Tristan had almost acknowledged the request, but quickly caught onto it and became very confused.

"Ready them and give me control. I need to deal with one of the more annoying targets."

"Aye... Aye, ma'am." She can't mean the Hunter... There's absolutely no way she'd be able to hit that. That's ridiculous! AA fire would be way better than--

"Fire!"

Jess casts Strike, and moves to (20-21,9-10) to use Spider Web on Hunter 1

Stunning Tristan into a stupor, Jess had somehow managed to crash the hefty hook of their disabling equipment into the tiniest target... All while the ship was moving. "Bullshit," he chuckled to himself, under his breath. He couldn't quite hide the smile forming on his face.

Wants Not Granted

"I said kill me-- ahh!" The Oberon pilot's console sparked and shut down, having just been blaring warnings moments ago. As the cockpit went dark, she pulled her knees up to her face, burying herself against them. "I never get what I want, huh? Can't even die properly..." Santana's instructions wouldn't have helped, but she didn't hold it against him. This was a ridiculous ambush of a situation in the first place. "They should just all run. There's nothing they can do, at this point. Not even with the Intermediate's backup fire... Does the... Does the radio...?"

Pressing it, the call managed to connect, right to the Artemis. She smirked, scowling at the audio signal. "I bet you're proud of yourself, Christina. You saved another life. Aren't you happy?"

Christina had been scared to hear the voice come over the comms right before Kim shot, but had tried to wave off what it sounded like. After all, that would be impossible. Entirely impossible to-- "Wh... Wh-Why do you sound just like me!?"

"Wouldn't you like to know? And what about you, Seung-Min? Feel good saving one faceless pilot against a sea of others? You disgust me. Kill me, you cowardly bitch." The line cut out, and the pilot curled up further, left with nothing but silence and thoughts. Thoughts that weren't helping anything, right now...

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

The message over a private line had been abrupt, over as soon as it had began. Christina's question had made it so obvious, but hearing the two voices one after another would have finally clued her in, in all likelihood. That voice belonged to Christina, and so did...

"Chrissy... now I know why that signature... feels familiar. It's... the same as yours. Just like... that voice." Kim noted, shaking a bit in her chair as she grit her teeth. The taunt from this strange... supposed other Christina didn't bother her as much as the implication that she existed at all. Maybe it would have been better to just destroy the cockpit afterall... curiousity had lead her to try and leave it intact, but maybe some things were better off unknown...

"We have... to get into that cockpit... after this is over. It has... to be some sort of trick."

Jess cast Strike![-20sp]
Jess readies the harpoon and steers the ship forwards! So bold!

Jessica attacks!
Target: Hunter #1
Weapon: Spider web
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 14, 48
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 33

Somehow, that send the hunter straight down for a hot dive!

Jessica gains +150 EXP, +6 Will, +1800 credits, +6 PP!

Yup, she did it.

Edited by Xinnidy

The crew had done a fantastic job of thinning the herd, even managing to handle the most the dangerous of the targets in their immediate vicinity with little issue. There looked to be one last opening before it was time to board the Riese and cross the river, so Thorvald opted to shoot first, and hitch a ride later.

"All right, New Girl. Firing my beams at target of opportunity. Should leave it within your capabilities to mop up. Show me what you've got!" Then he lined up, and let loose, hopefully setting up an easy kill.

Thorvald fires Hi-Beams at Cressida 1

This was a thrill alright. Aliza was back out in action and trying to do her part. She took a breath after a good look of the battlefield, things seemed to be going well but she wasn't sure what should be done next. She was still trying to get her bearings down in battle. But she was hailed by an old and gruff voice, Thorvald if she recalled. He seemed to offer guidance. Well more like a direct order, but some would see it as a challenge. Aliza sure did. With a wide smile on her face she peered at the target in question. "Really for me? How thoughtful old man!" She partially teased while she prepped her gunlance and blazed forth to skewer the Cressida.

Aliza casts Trust on Elaine and Focus on herself. Moves 20, 11 and uses her Impact Gunlance on Cressida 1.

Thorvald sets his sights and fires!

Thorvald attacks!
Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Hi-Beam cannon
Final Hit: 100! (thanks attune)
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 80, 61
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 62

Wow, the Cressida can't actually counter.
What a loser.

Thorvald gains +40 EXP, +2 Will!

Aliza casts Trust on Elaine![-25sp]
Aliza casts Focus![-10sp]
Aliza attempts to take the Cressida down for good!

Aliza attacks!
Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Impact gunlance
Final Hit: 96
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 73, 64
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 52
The Cressida is put out of commission with a direct hit!

Aliza gains +300 EXP, +6 Will, +2300 credits, +8 PP!
Aliza levels up!

That went smoothly! Apotheosis numbers are starting to slim down!

Edited by Xinnidy

Enemy Phase/Turn 3

They were losing the battle of attrition pretty hard. In the end, the units he received just weren't a match against the prototypes that the Riese accumulated. "Just my day..." Cursing under his breath as his follow up shot missed the target by a wide margin, Carlos had to think fast on the next course of action. Thankfully, a signal he was waiting on so long had finally showed up. "The Sacarians, finally." A sigh of relief followed, having to turn tail with another group anihilated before him would be a result he wanted to avoid. "Everyone, fall back. Now. The Sacarians arrived." He'd still need to provide cover fire, but maybe it wasn't a lost cause. What a shame that so many good machines were lost in this encounter, and again they had nothing to show for it.

Carlos fires at Astin, trying to cover his allies' retreat!

Final Hit: 63
Final Crit: 18
Roll: 95,92
Miss!
Shit!

No Time To Think

Kim and Christina would've been able to parse facts with the Apotheosis forces started to retreat, but a hefty force suddenly slammed itself into the Artemis, the main camera showing the machine getting dragged far and away from the main group. It was finally brought to a stop, and the camera managed to focus, on...

An imposing blue machine, radiating yellow, claws gripped tightly to right arm of the Artemis. There was no incoming transmission, but Kim and Christina both heard a voice. "You, what are you? You shouldn't exist, you're not advanced enough. Tell me. How did you come to be?" The grip on the Artemis only grew stronger, warnings starting to go off as the metal around the joints began to compact.

Christina was clutching her head, the mental pressure coming from the unknown was causing her great pain. Kim was probably feeling it too, though to a lesser extent. "Wh... What, do you mmme... Ahh..." It was almost too hard for the poor girl to think, it was like a weight continuously pressing down against her head. Talking wasn't any easier. "I don't... Don't, un... derstand... Kim...!"

Soor'Kan grumbled in his machine, arms folded, eyes closed. Christina's aura was most definitely affecting him, though it was much like a mild sunburn. Annoying, and slightly painful, but nothing to worry about. "Gaal'Bathy, keep the other humans at bay. These two are proving difficult to crack. It may take me a moment..."

"As you wish, Commander! If any of them dare to disturb you, I'll blow them out of the sky."

Scoop Up

"Wha--" The Artemis' signal was suddenly shifted across the battlefield, Jess scanning monitors until it finally showed up... In the grip of another unknown machine. "How many more does Apoth have to throw at us!? Lieutenant, come in!" No response... Either jamming, or the sudden impact had knocked the Artemis' communications out. Jess bit her lip. "All units, forget about the retreating Apotheosis units! Concentrate solely on the enemy sniper, and retrieving the Lieutenant!" This was ridiculous, they'd been winning! How could this have changed so quickly? Scans weren't picking anything up on the unknowns either, what a day to sleep in!

Player Phase/Turn 4

wZEvzzf.png

Victory Conditions: Reach the highlighted square with any pilot, and save Kim!
Defeat Conditions: The Riese or Kim are destroyed!

Battle Mastery: Hit Carlos* from 8 spaces or more away!

Stats!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Astin holds no prisoners!

Astin attacks!
Target: Cressida #7
Weapon: Proto Hybrid sword
Final Hit: 69
Final Crit: 40
Roll: 22, 53
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 121!

The Cressida is cleaved in twain!

Astin gains +200 EXP, +7 Will, +2300 credits, +8 PP!
Astin levels up!

How quick!

It all happened too quickly to properly register. One moment Kim had been pondering the supposedly impossible conclusion that all signs seemed to be pointing to, and the next she was rocked in her seat by a massive surge of G forces, and an unreal amount of mental pressure. As the cameras stabilized and took in their surroundings and new opponent, Kim scrambled to get everything squared away. They had moved how far in that instant? This thing made what they had seen from the Luna look pitiful in comparison, what kind of speed was this? Comms were jammed, they were at least a few minutes distance away from the rest of the crew, and whoever this opponent was, they were exerting a skull-crushing telekinetic signature... it felt like she was carrying an anvil on her forehead, and showed no signs of calming down as warning signals began to flare within the Artemis from the force of the unknown machine's grip.

And then things got even more strange. She could hear a voice, but it wasn't talking, it was... telepathy? Such a thing was unheard of, but with the sheer pressure coming off of this unknown, she was ready to believe it was possible. Christina's struggle to speak brought up another concern, as she was far less used to dealing with telekinetic feedback than Seung-Min herself... this must have been even worse on her.

"<Who the hell... are you, to be barging in here with this... ridiculous shit, and start saying we're too much?!>" Kim replied in place of Christina, a guttural growl escaping her lips as she focused intensely on the foreign telekinetic, not even thinking to switch to English, channeling her anger in an attempt to phase them. They must have been two... three times stronger just off a basic estimate, but if she could divert some pressure off of Christina, it would help the other girl cope. Even if she couldn't overpower this foe mentally, she'd just need to stop them by sheer force of will. At the same time, the Artemis' systems began to move into high gear at Seung-Min's command, thrusters spiking to maximum output in an attempt to combat the incoming pressure.

Oversurge

"Tell me. How did you come to be? Tell me!" Soor'Kan ignored Kim's protests for the moment, but her inflections were causing him a slight ping of frustration. A mosquito to Christina's sunburn, but annoying nonetheless. "Quiet yourself, insect. You'll die when I'm finished here. Your powers mean nothing to me, you--"

"Sh... Shut up... About, my... F-Friend...!" Christina scowled at the machine through the main monitor.

Soor'Kan smiled from inside his machine. Narrowing his eyes at the screen, he'd thought about how to put this... He'd warned Gaal'Bathy not to take humans lightly, but this one, this one was so impertinent, foolish in thinking she had space to talk back... And it was just one human. Not a group, not a swath, she would be stepped on as soon as his question was answered. He chuckled to himself, deciding to humor her.

"Hmm? You are all insects, to us. Dirt underneath a boot. I'm sure you've heard all the comparisons, seen whatever media your tiny race has come to produce, but this time, it's real! And you. Just you. You live right now, vermin, because you are an anomaly. A spec on the radar that shouldn't exist, a curious outlier. None of the human race should be able to exert this power as you do. Unless you wish to continue experiencing this pain, I ask you once again, how did you come to-- Hhhragh!"

Christina was fuming. Angrier than she'd been, ever. What was he trying to get at? Were they not humans? She didn't care. You show up out of nowhere and demand I tell you everything while you threaten one of the only people to treat me like I matter-- I'll show you EXACTLY what I am! "An insect!? A... Just, v-vermin, who... What, do you think you are!? Some... Some, stupid, power hungry, fool! That's all... You... Hahhh, you want to know what I am!? I'll show you... What this vermin caN DO!" Christina's shout faded out as she passed out from the pressure, but not before sending her frustrations straight through the alien, the shock making him recoil, his machine going with him.

"Gih, Gaal'Bathy! Forget the other humans, this one dies first!" I shouldn't have underestimated her, she's not anything we've seen from the humans yet... She's dark now, but that burst, that resolve, that power-- it cannot live! If any others that have managed to tap into our strengths were to come about... That would be the end of this campaign.

Soor'Kan was reaching for his machine's saber, but must to his growing frustrations, the Artemis was already powering up.

Just what was this thing saying? Your tiny race? The human race? Were they not human? How could... no... could it be? Apotheosis was displaying tech that should have been impossible by current standards, and now this apparently non-human with incredible power jumped in on their side? Some sort of alien? Could aliens really be... real? She supposed what was possible or not possible didn't matter in the moment, impossibility had been thrust at them time and again already. What mattered more than that was that this... thing's words were making her blood boil. Gritting her teeth as it's musings echoed in her head, Kim's anger was cut for a moment as Christina's flared above her own. The exchange only took a moment, Christina pushing back against this alien force, forcing it back, before she passed out.

That was the last straw. Immediately the pressure on Kim's head increased as Christina's load-bearing effect on the T-link dampened, but Seung-Min couldn't feel it anymore. As the console of the Artemis came aglow, the message 'ARES Telekinetic Enhancement System' flaring on screen, emblazoned in deep red text, the only thing she felt was pure rage, expanding from deep within her and shooting outwards, directly pushing back and assaulting the mind of her opponent. The Artemis itself began to glow, various vents and ducts across the machine's body opening and glowing red hot, the chest of the machine beginning to part, but not quite opening fully. It was a strange match to the burning that Kim felt in her breast as the system came to life, and she felt herself become far more entwined in the T-link than she had ever been before. It felt as though time was slowed in her head as the opposing machine reached back for it's saber, the Artemis' single eye glowing a menacing red, a spotlight directly into the main camera of her foe's machine.

"<Fuck Apotheosis!>" Seung-Min howled, as the hand of the Artemis shot out to stop the alien machine from drawing it's weapon, plasma gauntlet burning into it's arm as the metal beneath it began to break and melt away, aided by the firing of the palm pulse cannon into it's exposed electronics. Thrusters already at maximum capacity, the Artemis began to easily shove and move the alien machine using it's burst of momentum, sending it careening towards the earth as both gatling compartments opened fire, pelting the armour of the machine with energy and lead as it descended.

"<Fuck these absurd machines!>" A heavy cloud of dust burst out as the Praxis Alpha impacted the ground, generating a small crater as it was shoved further into the dirt by the thrusters of the Artemis, firing at a capacity they never had before. Pulling back an arm and throwing it down in a balled fist, the plasma gauntlet crushing into the head of the alien machine, surely damaging optics in the process. Sword arm still locked in place, Kim took several more strikes in what felt like slow motion, ripping at the cockpit and shoulder attachments with her gauntlets and pulse cannon in a frenzied melee. Lifting completely off of the Praxis Alpha for just a moment, both legs of the Artemis slammed down into the cockpit as it's thrusters engaged once again, pushing the Artemis into the air with it's parting shot.

"<And all of the bullshit super-soldiers inside of them!>" Kim roared, as almost every armament the Artemis had available began to rain hell on the Praxis Alpha. Missiles, railgun fire, scattergun barrages, assorted gatlings, and funnels whizzing through the air, pelting the grounded machine with an ungodly volume of fire, exhausting an inordinate amount of energy clips and physical rounds, as well as most of the machine's energy reserve in the process. 

"<And most of all, FUCK YOU!>" Kim screamed, both physically and mentally as the entire energy reserve of one final clip was absorbed into the Beam Magnum, the projectile swelling to an obscene size as the Artemis swooped down at it's target, heat zanbar glowing bright red. Not seeing exactly where she made contact in a blind rage, Kim only felt the heat blade sink into some piece of metal belonging to the Praxis Alpha, unleashing the Magnum blast at point blank range into the alien machine. As the smoke began to clear and the Artemis made what distance it could on it's remaining fuel, Kim's rage began to fade, replaced in her mind by the dull, throbbing pain in her chest, matched by the steam and sparks flowing out from the semi-parted chest panel on the front of the Artemis...

Edited by Ether

Wow! Kim charges at the blue mech putting the Artemis to the test, blinding turns as it keeps launching attacks at the mysterious intruder!

Kim attacks!
Target: Praxis Alpha
Weapon: The Hunt
Final Crit: 100!
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 222!

The surprised mech does not ready a counter!

-No EXP or Will from this fight.-

It seemed Kim gained some ground from this daring maneuver!

Edited by Xinnidy