Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

Phased

"Grrhrhhhhnnn... Human!" Soor'Kan was surprised, and greatly taken aback by the sudden burst of both energy and mental capacity from this rat. Had she simply been hiding all of this? His cockpit rattled calmly as the Praxis was thrown about, most of the damage superficial, but some of the systems in the arms were damaged now. Wanting to see the extent of his strong this machine was, he let the woman finish her tirade... Concluding that it was fairly impressive. "You've won one thing, human, and that's a part of my respect. I won't hold back. I will strike you down, for the safety of my race!"

"Soor'Kan, commander, are you unharmed!?" Gaal'Bathy's voice crackled into the Alpha's cockpit, worry and fear apparent. She'd been so stunned by the display that she wasn't able to move, these rats, none of them had weapons or power before this. They'd all fell with one shot, but this spec was proving to be a considerably challenge!

"Calm yourself, Rook. This is surface damage. I'm perfectly fine, save for my pride. Come, we have a little bird to cage. The pilot can die, for all I care, but I wish to dissect this anomaly now."

"Of course, sir!"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Ally of Justice Fights for His Friends!

"Christina! Kim!" Makoto was shocked as he witnessed the Artemis being dragged by a blue bur much too fast to be any known technology. From underwater, the boy could barely make out their forms, but those machines were definitely unlike anything he'd seen before. It was uncanny, like they could turn the tide of battle at any moment. "What the..." He gulped, fearing he could do little in his Phalanx. Anything else was enormous compared to it, and he doubted the targetting systems could keep up... still, he couldn't just sit and watch ths Artemis be basically tortured after getting picked off. "T-Thorvald, I'm going ahead!" It was rash, but aside from the fliers, he was the only one who could cross the riverstream quick enough. Turning on the Phalanx's jet stream, Makoto went through the river until he was close enough to take aim, the Phalanx rising to the surface to greet the bizarre mech with its tiny, yet trusty pistol. "You leave my friends alone!"

Makoto moves to (13,8), attacks the Praxis with the hybrid revolver!

Makoto attacks!

Weapon: Hybrid Revolver

Final Hit: 28

Final Crit: 29

Roll: 18, 60

Hit!?

No Crit.

Damage: 29

Praxis counters!

Weapon: G-BR Prototype 1

Final Hit: 90

Final Crit: 11

Roll: 62, 30

Hit!

No Crit.

Damage: Mitigated by water and invincible! 1!

Wow! Makoto gains +110 EXP, +4 Will!

Makoto levels up!

"Gah!" Makoto was able to get to the riverbed in time, but that blast had nearly vaporized the spot he was in. In fact, he could feel the heat in the Phalanx. No doubt whatever fish was outside would met an unfortunate fate being cooked alive. That's so strong... w-weird... Such a powerful weapon. Somehow that thick beam rifle design felt familiar, but in the struggle to remain safe, the boy couldn't imagine why.

"Christ! What the hell?!" Before Elaine could even thank Kim and Christina for holding back on the mech suit, the Artemis was dragged past everyone, all the way across the battlefield far way from the rest of the squad. What's more, the remaining Cressida's were retreating away from them. These new unknowns looked to be their new ace in the hole. Between them getting a hold of Kim, and the sniper would had been able to pick them off from a range longer than even Tarquin could snipe back, things weren't looking good.

A large glow could be seen where the Artemis had been taken to, most likely a large attack by somebody, but it was so far away that Elaine wasn't sure who it was from. Makoto had dared to go towards the two unknowns, only to get nearly obliterated by the unknown seeming to stand guard, keeping them all from the one-on-one fight between the Artemis and that blue blur of a robot.

"...Red to Bright Eyes. There's not much I can do at this range. I'm heading back to the ship with the mech to regroup and refill. I'm sorry." Her tone was somber, yet seemingly frustrated. There wasn't anything she could do against unknowns like that. Even the Luna seemed to pale in comparison against the blast from that one standing guard. And the sniper, she couldn't easily approach without being in the line of fire for that rifle. "Dammit!"

Elaine moves to (21,11), and goes in a square formation in order to pick up the Oberon on the way, and enters the Riese.

"Vivian? Merlin? This is Red." Elaine contacted Brant and Firmia over the comm systems, albeit in a private message, though that probably wouldn't matter considering the captain could still see who she was talking to. She let out an audible sigh. "As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm at a loss on what to do at this point. I... I'm gonna go with your judgement on this one. Whichever you go after, when I can leave the ship, I'll back you up with whatever I got."

The appearance of another two units, terrifyingly fast at that, had spoiled the minor victory for the group - their retreating enemies and the sniper were the least of their problems. Kim was able, but the numbers he was getting from his scanners really didn't put things in her favour. Makoto had been lucky, the damage output from the rifle made his own look like a peashooter. Engaging with it would end badly, but getting Kim back to them and a solid defensive formation could possibly deter it from attacking. Tarquin himself knew that it was unlikely he could do much for Kim under the current circumstances, he would have to have faith in her and do his part to eliminate the sniper. A task easier said than done, the sniper was still well out of his own range and malfunctions with his rifle were flagging on the system. It was an unfielded test unit, expecting everything to function correctly the first time around was too optimistic. 

"Captain, requesting docking clearance. I require minor readjustment of my equipment." Tarquin announced, the Aria's thrusters lifting it gently above the ground. It would be a brief pitstop, but it would also give him a chance to ride on the Riese until it got a little closer.

Tarquin moves to 20,8 and gets aboard the Heion Riese!

Regroup

Jess couldn't quite believe her eyes. Between the sudden arrival of more unknowns and Artemis unlocking whatever it was doing, the captain was rethinking previous thoughts on seeing everything. "There's always something more to deal with, isn't there... All units, once again, retrieve the Artemis!" The Heracles bringing that enemy machine on board was mildly worrying, but given it didn't self destruct like every other had, Jess was hoping she was free not to worry. The explosions had all been contained within their shields, so even if something did happen, hopefully it would result in only the destruction of the machine in question...

"Of course, Puppet. There's space for landing, make sure you get that checked." Had something shorted when he'd fired on the Oberon? Maybe. In any case, that was a powerful gun, making sure it was at full firing strength would ensure things would go well for them.

At least the Apotheosis units were retreating now, and that sniper seemed to be off his game. This could work out... As long as Kim wasn't blasted out of the sky.

Annoyance

Gaal'Bathy felt a small ping hit her machine, turning it and firing at the source immediately. There was nothing there when the rifle's output finished, so she could only assume she'd taken out whatever had fired at her. "Mmmmhh, annoying. I hope this blue one isn't the only human machine with some kick to it..."

Jostling

'Christina' felt the Oberon move, shaking her in her seat. Was one of those ANF idiots picking her up? Were the machine still functional, she could set it to self destruct, but it seemed only the radio was willing to work... Maybe she could get the main screen to turn on. Crawling underneath the cockpit's main dashboard, she pulled out a pocket flashlight and started trying to mess with wires, giving herself a small shock-- thankfully blocked by her pilot suit --and managing to turn the screen on... Or, one of them. Enough to get a view of what was carrying her... The grey one. That's where that plea to surrender had come from, wasn't it? "Tch..." They hadn't given her any weapons on this thing. "Probably to stop me from doing myself in so easily. Dammit."

As the view of a hangar started to come in, a few mechanics scrambling over towards her machine, she crawled back into her seat and sighed. It would only be a matter of time before one of them managed to slice their way in here. Until then...

66c6b3c887e0c4006544be76812a1c20.png

Map updated!

Main objective changed: Get the Artemis to the Riese, and arrive at the green squares!

Mission Failure: The Riese or the Artemis are downed!

Battle Mastery: Fire at Carlos from 8 spaces or further away!

Situation Shift

Perhaps Dwight was a bit more experienced than Jessica, but no amount of experience would stop one from being surprised at the situation that developed in front of them. The blinding speeds that the Artemis was caught in was more than alarming for those in the bridge, the retired admiral trying to make sure their signals could reach the machine. Despite the shock, he was already preparing to send out some help. "An unidentified, powerful vehicle... hmm, we're seeing more of those lately."

Dwight casts Trust on Kim! [-20sp]

naYW9dG.jpg

Don't falter? Firmia got a sinking feeling that Hannah was about to do something extremely ... typical of her. Brant could care less, and flew in alongside the Mantle as they began their attack on the target. Sure enough, the Mantle picked up speed and approached far too quickly to be preparing any sort of ranged attack. Firmia could only wince as the machine transformed and ignited its beam saber. If not for how impressive her attack had looked, the Alkaev might have summoned up the wrath to berate her over the comms. Brant didn't miss a beat, either, opening up with the hyper beam rifle before Hannah was even clear of the firing line. The Mantle transformed and flew off like a rocket just ahead of the flurry of violet rays. No doubt the pilot had been even more caught off guard than Firmia as their machine was brought down in flames.

"Why ... why do you do that ...?" Firmia sighed in resignation. The Mantle definitely needed a refit. The novelty of the knife-happy rifleman had long worn off.

"Dangerous," Brant noted with a slight grin, "but our timing's just right. Good work, Mantle Team. Let's keep up the pressure. We're close to winning this one."

"This isn't a game," Firmia muttered just as the comms shut down, "We'll have to face any that get away again, later."

Brant shrugged. "We're shooting them down as fast as we can. Doesn't get more efficient than this."

It didn't take long for the Oberon to be overpowered by the combined efforts of the Artemis and the Aria, but unlike every other machine set against them today, the colony prototype was merely disabled. Brant was glad to see they were taking advantage of the situation, even if it would involve some serious repairs between missions. It was better than blowing up one of the few machines they could capture and add to their roster.

<"What the hell is that?!"> Brant didn't quite register what Firmia was on about until he checked his radar and saw the Artemis moving away like a missile. That ... must have hurt like hell. No doubt Christina was out like a light, again ...

"Artemis Team, come in!" The lack of a response wasn't surprising, but it would be a minute before Brant considered the possibility of outside interference. It seemed far more likely that the crew was simply incapacitated by the machine that careened into them. "You've got to be kidding me. Where were they hiding those two suits?" There went their momentum, it seemed. The Apotheosis Calvary had arrived, and they were some terrifyingly fast S.O.B.s. "They're too far out. Whatever's going down over there will be settled before we get there, too ..." At least with limiters on, but he wasn't talking Firmia into that kind of recklessness, today. The Regalia was already just shy of overheating thanks to the liberal use of the hyper beam rifle. Their low energy reserves also had the main gun to thank for that.

Elaine contacted them not long after the Artemis was hit, unsure of how to proceed. They were so close to winning, but they still had three problems to take care of, the new enemy machine harassing the Artemis Team, the sniper harassing whoever he damn well pleased, and the downed ANF pilot. "We've got an ANF pilot to search for. The Regalia and the Mantle can handle that, though. Suggest providing cover for whoever's moving in on that sniper. We'll be covering too until it's time to break off and find the pilot."

"So we're splitting up, then ..." Firmia mused aloud.

"Just for a few minutes," Brant assured her. He knew she had some reservations about sticking out that much. Apotheosis had just displayed another feat of power and precision that left the ANF's best unit shaken to the core. That seemed to have her reevaluating the situation top to bottom, though in Brant's estimation, they were still winning. Unless the enemy fully committed to this engagement, there was little chance they were going to do much more than inflict some temporary damage on the team.

"Merlin to Bright Eyes," Brant contacted the bridge over the team's frequency, "The Regalia and Mantle are going to keep pushing ahead to the distress signal's source while providing covering fire. We'll leave the Artemis retrieval and the sniper to you for now." He doubted things wouldn't be resolved by the time they got back, but ... just in case ... "We'll pitch in, again if we make it back in time. Over."

"Mantle Team," Firmia switched to a private line for the android and her 'little sister,' her tone notably somber, "you heard him. Let's hit these Cressidas and then push north to find that pilot." They must be twiddling their thumbs by now ...

Brant uses the Propellant Tank, casts Focus (15 SP), moves to 18,11, and attacks Cressida 4 with the Hyper Beam Rifle!

She had managed to make a bit of ground, but she was still a ways away from the Heion Riese and the rest of the crew, and as the smoke and dust cleared, it became obvious that despite taking her full assault on the chin, this Alien machine had barely taken more than surface level damage. Using what time remained, the Artemis' thrusters fired back to maximum, this time in the opposite direction to the Praxis Alpha. As she turned, she saw the other machine... of similar, but not quite the same make, fire it's large gun into the river. Had something attacked it from there? As the jamming signal cleared and Seung-Min could get her bearing a bit better, it looks like it had been... Makoto?! In the Phalanx of all things... he had survived the blast, but moving that far ahead of everyone else in such a small machine? Grimacing, she had to hope that the enemy thought him dead... either that or draw their attention away from him. If she could get in closer than that gun's minimum effective range, that could also be a boon, and she had to get past it at some point, so... here goes nothing.

"Heion Riese, come in. manage to escape grip... for now. Advise extreme caution, unload just about everything into that thing, barely did any notice damage. On return course to ship." Kim noted, not having enough time to take considering how to English properly. Her mind was still racing at a mile a minute, her vision felt more clear, her senses beyond what she was typically capable of, ARES System still blaring over several consoles within the Artemis. Speeding towards the rest of the crew, a red glow still escaping her machine as she came closer into view and moved in close to the Praxis, hoping to zip past it without facing more than a sword stroke.

Kim casts SENSE and moves to 9,7

So they didn't want her help. More accurately, they wanted her help to go elsewhere. She wasn't sure if it was because they didn't want to deal with her or if Brant thought that she was really needed by someone else, as Elaine had a few thoughts of sending two rather strong mech suits, the Mantle and the Regalia, away from the group. If anything, she felt personally that it would be better if the Mantle went towards one objective and the Regalia another, to not divide the power of the squad so fiercely, but she remained silent. Elaine did say, after all, that she would go with their judgement, and it wasn't like she was out in the field, having opted to go back into the ship itself. The Colony mech still needed to be retrieved, after all, and Elaine wasn't going to let Kim's effort of sparing it and it's pilot go to waste.

It took effort, but Elaine was finally able to position the mech in a spare spot within the hangar before setting the Heracles nearby. She turned off the thing before exiting the cockpit, not bothering to remove her helmet as she would need to get back into a robot soon enough. Whether or not it was one or the other, she had no idea of knowing, but for now she was going to make her best effort to help fix up the thing enough to make it workable within the fight, at least until she would get yelled at. And all things considered, she probably would.

"Oi! Old man!" Elaine spotted Ignatius among the many mechanics running over to the mech she brought in, and waved him down. "What do you got to open up a sealed hatch without taking the thing off, completely? The pilot in there is still alive and probably gonna be ready to fight back, if they hadn't already killed themselves in there." It was a harsh thought, but not unlikely. "Also might need a bomb defusing team or something in case they installed that self-destruct bollocks in the thing. I'll be honest with you; I got experience in fixing up damaged robots, but it took way longer than a few minutes to get it back to tip top shape, so I'd like to offer as much help as I can. As soon as we can deal with the pilot, whatever you need to fix that thing up, I'll your gal."

All Aboard
Thorvald had very nearly charged straight after Kim's machine, especially after an initial hail to her callsign hadn't yielded a response. Jamming or something, probably, given she managed to free herself and make some progress back in their general direction. Her positioning was aggressive, but maybe it would pay out. Given the terrain, it wasn't easy to reach her by foot. The Riese would provide some more flexibility. Patching in to the bridge, he informed them of his thoughts. "Papa Bear here, Bright Eyes. Gonna go ahead and dock here for the moment, if you don't mind towing us somewhere a little more convenient where we can make an effective stand. Looks like Idol's on her way to try and meet us midway, so I'll leave the exact coords to your discretion, but it'll be faster than trying to work around this river. Gonna round up anyone else in the same boat, a united front'll be much stronger, even if it's gonna be a little agonizing waiting around doing nothing for a little while."

Intentions conveyed, then it was just time to herd the flock. Well, what was left of it anyway. Many of the other machines had either already crossed or already loaded up. The only one left to really persuade was, of course, the blonde rebel. She hadn't liked his first choice of callsign for her, so rather than continue to antagonize her with it, or pick something even sillier, he'd be adult about this and go for simple and inoffensive. Like... hair color. Their other spitfire had taken Red to go with hers, so this one gets...

"Yellow, gonna need you to follow me onto the boat for a spell. That river's a problem for us and we both know it. Sucks, I know, you want to get in the fight, but there's no two ways about it."

"Who the FUCK are you calling 'yellow', I ain't no coward..." Abigail steamed, as his unfortunate choice once again missed the mark. That said, there were no enemies remotely in range, and... Jess had wanted her to pay a visit to the hangar. Was it really such a bad idea? "It does seem to be the quickest way to the action, though, so at least you're head's on straight, I'll give you that."

Thorvald boards the Riese

Abby boards the Riese

Edited by Balcerzak

The Regalia's Propellant Tank is consumed!
Brant casts Focus![-15sp]

Advancing towards the stragglers, Brant fires against one of the Cressida turning their tails!

Brant attacks!
Target: Cressida #4
Weapon: Hyper Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit:  26
Roll: 65, 28
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 138!

Cressida #4 counters!
Weapon: LB Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 24
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 78, 5
Miss! That looked a bit dangerous!

Brant gains +20 EXP, +0 Will (capped!)!

Brant comes out just fine, dealing nasty damage to the enemy suit.

Ruckus Aboard

Seeing two suits jump in one after the other made Ignatius wonder if everything had turned out okay, it seemed a bit soon for them to return, with all the noise coming from outside and the Riese's direction shifts. Furthermore, one of them was bringing a damaged, unidentified mech from outside, bizarre enough that Ignatius and a small gathering of other mechanics were coming to see what was up with that. Coming from the Heracles was a not unfamiliar voice, as the pilot left the unit still in their suit, and started asking questions... and making a few conclusion jumps.

"Wait, are you sure they won't need you in battle? We can use your help once we are sure to be safe, but repairing something like that on the fly is a tall order, need all hands on the deck." He turned to look at the machine, it was an unique design, but somewhat similar to other ANF series. Perhaps the man's curiosity made him wonder what such a suit was making out there, presumably with Apotheosis. "That's not the signal we came to help, right? Wait-- you meant to say the pilot inside is hostile, then, uh..." That could end up being bad if they were armed or if it had a self-destruct button like the other Apotheosis units. Why did she bring it back? "Look... we can probably open it up the old fashioned way, or with the help of a mechanical arm. It'll be a bit brutish, and we're going to need the guys ready to fire at the pilot if something goes wrong." That was his best idea at a short order. "Slower route, we analyze the machine and try to get in its system, but with a pilot in there, turning on any systems in the machine might prove dangerous. We don't know it that well." Those were his best solutions for something so out of the blue.

Edited by Xinnidy

Results

"Vivian, please do not complain about results. I trust Br-- Merlin's timing, to be proper and accurate enough. Your machines will be fine between the two of us... We are allowed to have some fun with our success, I believe." Hannah smiled to herself, pleased that her plan had worked out, and that Firmia didn't need to be upset about her machines getting damaged by each other.

"Merlin, I am approaching another target with the same pattern, please assist!"

Hannah to 18,12, Twin Bird a Crressida #6 into the dirt

The Boat slides along to 14/15,9/10, getting closer and providing sick aura

Opening Up

While Ignatius and Eaine discussed what to do to get the Oberon open... It started to open up by itself. Buck was on his way over when it happened, jumping behind Ignatius as the metal creaked its way down. There was no sudden gunfire from inside the cockpit, no explosion, no grenade or barks for surrender.

"Wh... What's going on, you two?" Buck looked between Elaine and Iggy, wondering if either has an answer, but the situation would answer itself quickly enough.

Stepping out of the cockpit was... Christina. Or at least... Someone identical to her, physically, setup in a SKIN suit. She stepped out of the cockpit, took the lift down, then held both her hands up. The deadpan expression on her face, and, perhaps the lack of fear in her eyes... This wasn't the Christina they knew, that was for sure.

"Arrest me." She even sounded the same, which was more than enough to upset Buck.

"What's the deal here!? Why's Chrissy in that machine?"

Deadpan turned to annoyance, scowling down at the boy. "You're gonna call me Chris, or we're gonna have problems... Now cuffs or no cuffs, brig me. No point in me trying to put up a fight. They didn't even give me a weapon."

"Wha... I'm..." Buck had no idea how to go forward, hoping the adults had answers. This wasn't a robot, so it wasn't even close to his forte.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

With the appearance of the new robots and the sudden change in objective things were certainly turning from the short lived victory to a bit of a dire situation. Aliza barely had time to breathe a sigh of relief before their arrival. "<Damn...>" She spoke in Italian, rather tilted the fight wasn't over. Before she was able to engage a name came up on the open comms, a name that for some reason stood out to the newbie. "....Kim....?" She looked aside. 'Come to think of it there was a Kim on the ship and she was Korean...it couldn't be...'

But those thoughts are swiftly put aside as gunfire broke her back into reality. She'll have to look into it later if she remembers. Back to combat!

Aliza casts Focus, moves to 16, 12 and uses her Gunlance to impale the Cressidia 4 like a Rathalos.

Satisfied with the maneuver, Hannah decides to do it once more for good measure!

Hannah attacks!
Target: Cressida #6
Weapon: Twin Bird Maneuver
Final Hit: 82
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 5, 35
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 162!

Despite being staggered, the Cressida somehow counters!
Weapon: LB Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 0!
Final Crit: 7
Roll: 36, 29

Miss!

Hannah gains +30 EXP, +0 Will!

That was some damage!

Aliza casts Focus! [-10sp]
Aliza goes in hard too!

Aliza attacks!
Weapon: Impact gunlance
Final Hit: 92
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 83, 70
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 58!
That's a goner!

Aliza gains +250 EXP, +6 Will, +2300 credits, +8 PP!
Aliza levels up!

A nice thrust.

Seeing Twain

The pilot's reveal left the group of mechanics dead silent, some staring at each other in confusion as they were met with a sight that betrayed their sense of what should be possible. Even Ignatius was lost for words, stalling out his answer to Buck's confusion as his gears slowly kicked. "Oh, mama. I'm sober, but I'm seeing things again." He muttered under his breath, scratching his head and taking a step forward. It was clear he was the one who would have to get things done in that group, everybody else seemed too confused. "Well, I reckon you're not wearing the same uniform, and you were piloting that beaten up thing instead of the Artemis. I oughta... Twins?" He shook his head, "No, shouldn't matter. Protocol with captured folks is throw into the infirmary if badly hurt, brig otherwise. Any other decision is up to the captain and doctors." He turned to the mechanics, signaling for some of them to come. "Alright, boys. I'm gonna tell the higher ups what's going on. I need some of you to escort her."

Edited by Xinnidy

Protocol, Huh

Chris narrows her eyes at the old man, choosing not to indulge his remarks about twins or otherwise. "Then take me to the infirmary. I got knocked around pretty hard by your pilots. I'm sure a checkup wouldn't hurt." Despite the prickly tone she held, she sighed, shaking her head. How had it come to this? On the one hand, relief that she wasn't going to get thrown away by her creators like they'd planned... On the other, having to suffer being on the same ship as Christina. What was worse? She could probably off herself with something in the infirmary, if that was their protocol, but... Did she want to? Another sigh, a grumble, some hefty contemplation. "Am I holding my arms here the entire time, or are you gonna cuff me, old man?"

Whatever the case, that attitude was there to stay. It was a wonder if this Chris could even manage a smile. She'd laughed earlier, but...

The voice had sounded familiar over the comm system, but Elaine didn’t even think on it until now, when she heard the same voice as clear as day, followed by a familiar set of blonde hair and blue eyes climbing out of the mech suit. She even referred to herself by a similar name. ‘Chris’. But she knew damn well that Christina was all the way with Kim fighting an unknown all the way across the field. So then who the hell was this? 

“You’re gonna get cuffed if and when we bring them. Otherwise, keep those hands high in the air until then. And no sudden moves.” It was basic surrender from the pilot, just as she had wanted, but she wasn’t stupid enough to not be cautious. Elaine had taken her gun out of her holster as she had heard the cockpit open up, and as ‘Chris’ slowly rode the lift down to ground level, her gun was trained on her the whole time.

“...Buck, can you get started on the repairs for that thing? I’ll keep an eye on...Chris.” Elaine wasn’t going to escort her to the infirmary, but she could make sure she didn’t try anything funny until she was escorted out. 

Edited by Dandragon

Nikolai casts Assail![-15sp]
Nikolai casts Focus![-10sp]
Nikolai gets in there and readies the bunker once again!

Nikolai attacks!
Target: Cressida #6
Weapon: I-Field Bunker
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 78, 26
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 121

The Cressida is melted down a notch!

Nikolai gains +250 EXP, +6 Will, +2760 credits, +8 PP!
Nikolai levels up!

That one stood no chance!

Orders and Hunches

"We're not really expecting to capture enemy pilots willy-nilly, so we don't have any cuffs here in the hangar. Best we can do is some makeshift rope, but I don't think you need that, miss." What a predicament, this girl seemed ready to give up yet also rather hostile. This was definitely not the girl from the Artemis, at least, but it's not like that answered much.

"Whoa there, are you sure you want to handle this? We can take her to the infirmary just fine, and you might be needed out there, right?" Ignatius didn't get what was with Elaine's wish to not get back in the battlefield pronto, but if she insisted, well, he wasn't going to press the point. Sending an unconscious enemy pilot to the infirmary was one thing, but one that talked and acted (mostly) fine was another. "We can't just send her off to the infirmary and expect the doctor to handle everything, I guess. I'm going to give the infirmary a call, then get the guys to escort and keep an eye on her while we work here."

Edited by Xinnidy

"I was just going to guard her into they get here... But you're right. I should be back out there." Elaine looked back to the wrecked mech. Had they gone with her original plan, she probably would have been able to pilot it over the Heracles. She should have been thankful that it was still in one piece, but there was still disappointment in her heart. She would have to make do. Elaine holstered her weapon, and jogged her way back over to the lift. "Just make sure she doesn't try anything!"

The repairs on the Heracles had already started by the time she slipped back into the cockpit. It wouldn't be long before it was back in shape and she could get back out into the fight. Though, she wasn't confident she would be able to do much. Perhaps it would be better to wait for the ship to move closer? Elaine wasn't sure. Though, her mind was on several different issues at the moment, including the identity of Chris. Christina had never talked to Elaine about her family, and wasn't sure if she had even mentioned it to Kim. And the odds that someone that looked just liked Christina with a similar name was not only real but a member of Apotheosis just like Christina once was... Just what the hell was going on?

Casual

Chris watched Elaine head off back into her machine before letting her hands down and sighing. Buck took this gesture quite badly, shrinking further behind Ignatius. "Sh-She's gonna kill us!"

"Shut up, kid... I just don't want to stand here like an idiot with my hands up the whole time. No cuffs, what kind of place is this? A nice cushy resort away from the fighting? Pfft..." She didn't make a move, looking over at Ignatius expectantly. "Get me moving. Don't want to leave a dangerous soldier unwatched in your hangar, do you?" She scoffed and folded her arms behind her head, sighing.

Buck wasn't having much more of this, shaking his head and walking off to go and fix something else

SF'S A GREAT SITE SO HERE'S ABRIDGED EP

Aliza got shot by Carlos, it sucked, took a lot of damage damage, nice buzz, she should be alright

Astin got artilleried at but managed to dodge one. The other not so much! Avery isn't gonna be happy huh?

Kim's getting harassed by Aliens, she should've just given them her autograph! Dodges one but isn't so lucky on the other!

Here's player phase map I'm annoying fuck SF etc.

hlNLW7Z.png

Victory Conditions: Retrieve Kim and reach the green squares!
Defeat Conditions: Kim or the Riese are downed!

Battle Mastery: Hit Carlos from 8 or more spaces away!

Stats and stuff

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Ugh, dammit! I'm hit, it's not great. I'm still doing better than some but damn..." Astin spat into the comms. Muttering under their breath about stupid cheater ranged robots, they glanced around. "Idol, if you can hear us, get back on the ship. We'll do whatever we can to cover for you. Merlin, Terminator, careful. These new guys hit hard and I think they're covering for that sniper. I'm not headed back in just yet, but I might have to soon." They began scanning the damages, trying to figure out how bad it was. Looked like the majority of the damage was superficial but a few deep gouges had happened right around the arm that had the fist attached. Using that might be tricky moving forward. Not that they were giving them much of a choice.... "I think I need to close in..."

As Kim flew the Artemis in close to the second Alien machine, the pilot's intent to strike was entirely obvious. Still, with the first one hot on her tail, she'd have to play this smart... there was no way to avoid damage completely, not against opponents that fast, but she could minimize exposure, or at least try to. Christina was still unconscious, and she wasn't going to let some bloody alien out of nowhere stop her from waking back up. Drawing the Artemis' xiphos as she drew close to the point guard, Kim swung it in the direction of the incoming beam saber, locking blades for a moment with the Praxis, before parrying the sword stroke, and delivering a parting kick to the chest of the machine to knock it just far enough away to be out of danger, using the brief moment where it stood flying between the Artemis and the Praxis Alpha to ready her guard for the secondary assault.

This was the difficult one. Bringing her xiphos to meet the alien's saber, the best Kim could do in the moment was deflect the strike away from her vitals, taking a deep gash along the Artemis' leg, Kim striking back to deliver a glancing blow to the Praxis Alpha's optics, further damaging them from her earlier assault. Kicking her thrusters into high gear for one final push, Seung-Min rocketed towards the Heion Riese. Her lead was small, but it should be enough to arrive without any further altercations, and regroup. As she made headway to the Riese and evaded whatever pursuing fire was sent her way, Kim thought back on the entire encounter, still feeling... oddly aggressive. She had felt that way ever since this ARES system had activated, though it had felt perfectly expected at the time, now less so... still, these aliens seemed to be able to hear what she said, and communicate back telepathically.

"And my name... is not 'Insect'. It's Seung-Min. Kim Seung-Min. Look down on me... on humanity... I don't care what you are. I will make you pay." Kim growled through grit teeth, as she touched base with the Heion Riese and entered the hangar to take cover and refuel.

Kim to 13,9, Board the Heion Riese!

Hustle and Bustle

My, was this one unruly. She was even scaring Buck, which did not please Ignatius at all. "Like I said, we're not expecting hostages or anything willy-nilly." The old man shrugged, "Look, let's just get you to the infirmary, and we'll sort out whatever else needs doing. Okay?" He called out to some of the mechanics to get to her side, presumably to help walk her to the infirmary, but his movements halted as another machine entered the hangar. The Artemis itself... that's were the real one they knew was, huh? Maybe she could help with this, what a mess. "Well, color me unsurprised, your twin must have sensed you." Not making much else, he made a call for Doctor Amparo, keeping a watchful eye on the 'other Christina'. "Doctor Amparo? Doctor, we got a hostage here in the hangar, slightly hurt. Copy? Do we take 'em to the infirmary, or the brig?"

Retreat

"Mmrr... It appears we'll have to put them to the test sooner rather than later. Gaal'Bathy, to me. We regroup and discuss plans." Soor'Kan had his Praxis dust itself off as this Kim flew off, himself tapping a few buttons inside the machine. "Carlos Santana, we're leaving. I hope you've been given wide enough berth to retreat. If not, your life is in your own hands, now." With a quiet huff, another few buttons pressed, the Praxis and the Alpha both vanished in a green flash. More of Apotheosis' warping tech... Was it theirs?

Stirring

As the Artemis came to land in the hangar, Christina groaned, slowly starting to wake up. Whatever had hit her felt like a tonne of bricks, and her head was still pounding from it, despite the original pressure being gone now... No, it was starting to fade away. Maybe just a lingering memory of what the experience had felt like. Something like that... There was Kim. Was she okay? "Ahh... K-Kim?" Christina tried to sit up in her seat, finding her whole body feeling rather sluggish. She managed it, clasping a hand to her forehead and shutting her eyes. "Are you... Are you, okay?"

Outside, Chris watched the Artemis come in, scowling the machine down the whole time. The sooner the old man took her away, the better... Had to make the twin comment, didn't he? "We're not twins. I'm leaving, escort me or don't." She started off towards what looked like the exit, the two mechanics jumping and following after her, making sure she didn't walk off somewhere else. Chris shot the Artemis one last angry glance, before they ended up in the hallway leading to the hangars.

As the adrenaline cooled down and the alien machines warped away, a light voice reached Kim's ears from the co-pilot's seat, the Lieutenant turning around to see Christina waking up. It seems she wouldn't be carried out bridal style this time, at least.

"Chrissy... you're awake. That's good... yeah, yeah, I'm okay. I managed to... fight them off, somehow. Thanks to that... opening you made, pushing back." Kim replied, trying to form a smile. Whatever this ARES system was, it was definitely effecting her. She could feel aggression running through her veins, spurring her to fight. But she didn't need to, at least not for now. Biting back the prodding at the back of her head, she gave Christina a shaky smile. It only lasted for a moment, as a feeling of anger and disgust was leveled at her from somewhere within the hangar. The cameras couldn't see the source in the moment, but Kim's head turned directly towards the unknown mental objector, projecting aggressive pressure in that direction far beyond what Seung-Min would normally express, but only for a moment before she shook her head, pressing her hand against it.

"Ugh I... feel weird. What about you... Chrissy?"