Delete This Post Please, I Solved My Own Question

Kafkakama

I can't delete posts. Well, ignore this if you clicked on it. Sorry for wasting 30 seconds of your life :/

I found my old 3DS that I had stashed away in my drawer, and found an old Awakening save on it that was in the middle of the Endgame Grima Fight. I decided to just finish it for fun.

Except I can't. My past self who was really bad at planning put my Chrom in a position where he can kill Grima with a critical hit but if he does not proc that crit, he will die, and trigger a Game Over.

Chrom has a 23% chance at landing a crit and can double Grima. Grima has a 81% chance of hitting.

As of now, I have probably tried over 50 times to land this stupid crit, but I have never managed to land it. I would think in one of those times I would have scored a crit, or Grima would have at least missed so Chrom can kill on the double attack.

Is Grima invulnerable to critical hits? Or might it have to do with the fact that I'm just reloading the same save? The save doesn't really matter, I just want to know this.

Apologies if this is a really stupid question.

Edited by Xedict
Solved my own question.

I think this'll be useful to someone in the future, so I'll compromise and lock it instead.

But for those who actually read this, the answer is "the RNG is fixed with the save state".