Looking For Some Help Undubbing FE Fates DLC

Kafkakama

'm a bit of a newcomer to CFW. Please bear with me if I suddenly start sounding stupid.

Also, if there is already a tutorial/thread for this sort of thing, please link it to me, for I may not be the best at sorting through Google and Forum searches. Thank you.

I would like to ask for some help and tips on undubbing the Fire Emblem Fates DLC, specifically Conquest and Revelations.

Previously when undubbing Birthright, which I bought on cartridge, I used a combination of content restoration patch voice files and other necessary files and HANS to patch the ROM.

I now have CFW / A9LH on my 3DS, and as a result I believe I can now start on undubbing DLC, as HANS was unable to load DLC.

The restoration patch I mentioned earlier has all of the necessary files, as it could be used with the Special Edition of Fates.

How can I start doing this?

1. Is there a way to dump the DLC and extract the files so I can modify them?

2. Is there a way to make the patched DLC playable? Like make it a .cia or something (but would making it a .cia not work because the DLC might have some dependence on the game cartridge)?

If my thought process is completely wrong, please let me know so I can properly try and do this.

If any other info is needed, please ask and I will deliver to the best of my ability.

Edited by Xedict

You can use GodMode9 (GM9) to dump the DLC paths. Boot GM9 up and go into A: SYSNAND SD. Go into the folder "0004008c" (this is the first part of the DLC title ID). Then for the Birthright DLC path, it's in "00179400". I don't know the Conquest DLC path title id, but the main games have similar title id's, so the Conquest DLC path should be something like "00179x00" where "x" is some number.

Go into the "content" folder then the "00000000" folder. In here, there are lots of *.app files. I have no idea which ones are the correct ones. I can't really help with this, sorry about that.

When you figure out which ones you want, hit A on them, hit "NCCH image options" and then "Mount image to drive". Copy the romfs.bin file to gm9out. Do this for each path file (use a different name for each). Then turn off the 3DS and copy those romfs files to the computer.

With HackingToolKit 3DS (I imagine you already have this and know what to do), you can extract the files from the romfs.bin files.

To actually use the DLC files is a bit complicated. You need to replace the files of the dumped original romfs with the modified files that you're using. Then compile it as a CIA (I'm not sure what to do for that), and the CIA should be able to be installed and played. At least that's what the guy who made the Fates randomizer said. I haven't tested it myself.

The english voices aren't that bad but it seems weebs get upset over english only games. So why not just wait for a fan translation if some players (not all of them) enjoy the localization?

Edited by Hirokaski