Supports and Base Conversation Compendium *Obvious Spoilers*

Kliff's support with Tobin surprised me quite a bit. He seems quite the little jerk.  I always assumed he would be meek and nerdy but towards Tobin he seems more antisocial.

As for Faye. I can tolerate some parts of the 'Tharja' archtype but I think she goes beyond that and into the territory where we can expect celica to be found dead with multiple stab wounds while Alm's eventually rescued from Faye's basement. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Azz said:

If you read his death quote, it sounds like he actually dies. I would check and see what happens, but I don;t have the heart to kill Clive with how he changes so many people's endings for the worse.

I'm never gonna kill a character in FE for a specific ending (but Gray with Tobin's death is pretty cute). I really want to see the alternate story without him though. Same with Lukas, Gray and Tobin since they stay plot relevant. It seems like it's Boey, Mae, and Saber for Celica's side.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As for Faye. I can tolerate some parts of the 'Tharja' archtype but I think she goes beyond that and into the territory where we can expect celica to be found dead with multiple stab wounds while Alm's eventually rescued from Faye's basement. 

Except Celica gets Support Bonuses from Faye straight from the get-go. Not the other way around but it's there. And the whole point of those passive Supports is that the characters are good enough friends to the point where they get those bonuses immediately. Now of course, Faye doesn't get Support Bonuses from Celica but that could just be Echoes' weird way of handling Supports. It's a mix of the passive Supports seen in FE3/5, and the CBA Supports seen in almost every game since FE6.

Also, i find it amusing that Faye gives and gets Support Bonuses from Mycen of all people.

6 hours ago, karasu3 said:

If I misunderstood your motives that much then I apologize. But there's no need to be so dramatic. Everyone's allowed to have opinions, that's why we are actually talking about them. I also think I explained why no one bats an eye. In short, the idea might be similar but the execution is clearly different. 

All right, no hard feelings.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Kliff's support with Tobin surprised me quite a bit. He seems quite the little jerk.  I always assumed he would be meek and nerdy but towards Tobin he seems more antisocial.

Well, the support tells why Kliff is a jerk, he is surrounded by people older and stronger than him. Too bad there is not much material to work with Kliff, he seemed interesting.

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

Well, the support tells why Kliff is a jerk, he is surrounded by people older and stronger than him. Too bad there is not much material to work with Kliff, he seemed interesting.

It's too bad he's a part of the group of people who get one support. I would've liked to see more dialogue with him. I wonder what his base convos will be like with Alm, or maybe even Celica.

Edited by KongDude88

UPDATE: Certainly has been a while since another translation but the Desaix/Slyade memory has been translated and I have added it to the OP for those interested.

Oh hey my Faye stuff is here. Nice.

I am trying to work on finding base convos of hers in the case you get her with Celica, but that might take a few days fyi. I'll post a pastebin or say that I updated the pastebin you linked in the OP when I do

Oh, the forsyth/python support + memory fragment were translated (i don't think this was in the op? i'm tired though, apologies if it is)

https://pastebin.com/2aaybsYi - support
https://pastebin.com/GWtw08z5 - memory fragment

i don't have much of an opinion other than hey, we actually see some of forsyth's personality

Thanks for posting these! 

So before becoming a soldier, Python's other option was becoming a carpenter and Forsyth's dad was a scholar....yep, that's hilarious! Neither of those professions would have worked out for them AT ALL.

I love their dynamic. It's done really well. Even though they're complete opposites, their friendship feels really natural and genuine.

12 hours ago, Shadowess said:

Oh, the forsyth/python support + memory fragment were translated (i don't think this was in the op? i'm tired though, apologies if it is)

https://pastebin.com/2aaybsYi - support
https://pastebin.com/GWtw08z5 - memory fragment

i don't have much of an opinion other than hey, we actually see some of forsyth's personality

Thanks for posting these, I have added them to the OP.

Also, I added Celica's dialogue if she heads to Ram and talks to Kliff and Faye. I also moved Clive and Mathilda's conversation when she is freed to the Extra section with Celica in Ram.

On 4/14/2017 at 5:30 PM, Azz said:

-Talk to Faye
Faye: Eh? Celica? Is that Celica? Wow, it's been so long! I missed you. Alm isn't here right now...I've been so lonely I thought about going after him many times. But there's no way I can do it alone, right? You're on a journey aren't you? Please take me with you!

-Don't 
I see...I'm sorry for being so unreasonable. If, if by any chance you meet Alm then tell him I'll always be waiting for him, ok?
-Take
What? You'll take me along?

TFW Faye is being nice to Celica when everyone (except me) thought she was more likely to stab her.

Also

On 4/14/2017 at 5:30 PM, Azz said:

-Talk to Kliff
Kliff: You surprised me. You're Celica right? So you made it back. Long time no see. 
Lots of things happened so Alm and the rest aren't here any more. Mycen-san's gone off somewhere too. Aaah...this village never really had much to begin with but now it's even more boring. Are you going somewhere Celica? If you don't mind can you take me with you? 

-Take
What? I can come with you?
-Don't
...Oh yeah? It's fine, I didn't want to go that much.

Sure Kliff. Suuuuurrre.

14 minutes ago, LoyalKing32 said:

@Azz Aren't you going to add Python and Forsyth there now?

MAN I wish I could see a translation on what the rest of the Whitewings and Lukas/Clive are saying.

I did.

4 hours ago, LoyalKing32 said:

Currently Missing-Lukas/Clive, Forsyth/Python, Saber/Jesse, Palla/Catria, Catria/Est

Pls remove that? :3

Oh, I forgot about that. Whoops.

Thanks for reminding me.

15 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

This thread went over my head completely. Anything in need of translation or a check?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

For the most part, we need the remaining supports: Lukas/Clive, Saber/Jesse, Palla/Catria, Catria/Est. The last few memories: 3 and 4. And a lot of base conversations.

Whatever you can provide, I will happily take and add to the OP. Thanks.

Luka/Clive

Spoiler

C

Clive.

Oh, what is it, Luka?

How does it feel, having conceded leadership to someone else? Is it a load off your shoulders?

Hahah, you're as harsh as ever.
Nevertheless, I'm really grateful to have someone like you here.
Especially with the way Fors and Python are...
Fors is diligent, but far too enthusiastic, while Python seems to be completely devoid of any enthusiasm to begin with.
The two are more than capable on the field of battle, but...

Ahaha...
I suppose this is something we should never let them hear, especially not Fors.
The shock of it might just be enough to bring even him down, I'm sure.

And that's exactly the problem...
But in any case, that's the reason why I consider your presence here to be invaluable.
I'm counting on you to be there to take a step back and keep looking after us.

B

Sigh...

What's the matter, Luka? Why the long face?

Clive...
Well, I was just thinking about what you said the other day meant...

The other day? When I asked you to look after us?

That's right.
For as long as I can remember, I've never let my emotions get the better of me.
And I'm not like Python; I could never claim that the things going on around me are somebody else's business.
But that said, It also means that I could never possibly engage myself in them so much that I'd lose sight of myself, either.
Perhaps it's one aspect of my personality that I need to give some further thought.

Is that so?
If you ask me, your ability to retain your composure no matter the circumstances is your finest virtue.

Well... I suppose I might have been asking for too much, after all.

I'm not entirely sure I got Support B right, but what I'm assuming Luka means is that he's torn between having to worry about the others and feeling like no one's doing it for him. "Losing sight of himself" probably refers to "his troubles" rather than the usual "who he truly is", so it's like he's bearing twice the burden the others do, and Clive doesn't quite get him at first. The concept of "haragei" being mentioned in the A support makes me think I'm on the right track here, and that Luka is being a bit cryptic on purpose, but If I misinterpreted that line, I'd appreciate a correction.

A

Luka!

Clive? What's the matter?

This conflict is drawing close to its end.
It's thanks in part to your composed advice that our Liberation Army has made it this far.
I'm no longer the leader, but allow me to offer you my gratitude.

What brought this on, all of a sudden?
Don't tell me you were worried about our prior conversation?

Uhmm...
I suppose I always have been hopelessly bad in getting such implications across.
I'll leave such things to you from now on.

Hehe...
I guess that's right. You can count on me.

More to follow in the next day or two...

Edited by NaokiP