Supports and Base Conversation Compendium *Obvious Spoilers*

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Azz said:
Spoiler

Rigel is a cold place, isn't it? It's completely different from Zofia. I never thought I would come all the way here when I left Ram Village. I wonder if my mother, father, and grandmother are healthy and okay right now...I have been writing to them though. I just got a letter from them too. They keep saying all I write about is what Alm is doing and that I should write more about myself. It's really tough hearing that from them...but all I want to write about is about what you did Alm!

Jesus Christ.

41 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Faye sounds like someone who has a problem. Like, a textbook example of that.

I feel suffocated just reading this. I can't imagine how awkward Alm must be around her.

Just now, Thane said:

I feel suffocated just reading this. I can't imagine how awkward Alm must be around her.

I just don't understand what they're trying to do with her. Like I actually like the idea of the "cute" character being the literal worst person, and some of the writing makes me feel it's kinda on purpose (like her relatives pointing out how much she talks about him), but that kind of character takes a lot to get right and she just doesn't have enough substance for it to be remotely well done. Especially since Clair exists and her crush to Alm already exists in OG Gaiden, except Clair also has her own motivations and her crush to Alm is expressed in a much healthier manner and she gets over him anyway--I'm not even sure what the point of Faye is. If it's to pad out the Alm route female cast, must the new girl have to be crushing on Alm?

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I just don't understand what they're trying to do with her. Like I actually like the idea of the "cute" character being the literal worst person, and some of the writing makes me feel it's kinda on purpose (like her relatives pointing out how much she talks about him), but that kind of character takes a lot to get right and she just doesn't have enough substance for it to be remotely well done. Especially since Clair exists and her crush to Alm already exists in OG Gaiden, except Clair also has her own motivations and her crush to Alm is expressed in a much healthier manner and she gets over him anyway--I'm not even sure what the point of Faye is. If it's to pad out the Alm route female cast, must the new girl have to be crushing on Alm?

This so much.

I really wish they made her more of the older sister type. Like she went with Alm cause she feel's she needs to protect him cause he is younger than her (Only by a year but still) and then over the coarse of the game she sees how much he has grown into a young man and doesn't need her to protect him anymore. Then Faye has a happy ending and doesn't become the worst incarnation of the two most annoying archetypes in Fire Emblem. Sweet and simple.

Edited by Azz

18 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I agree. I've seen so many people calling this well-written because she's intentionally made to be dislikeable, but that doesn't automatically make the writing any better. As you say, it's even worse when you consider Alm already had a fan in Clair, who was never going to hook up with him anyway because of Celica. 

I've talked about Faye way too much recently, but even with my low expectations, this base conversation caught me off guard.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

honestly I want to like faye

not just because she's new or cute but when they play up the whole *HORRIBLY OBSESSED WITH ALM* thing I think it can actually be pretty funny in an awful way

but the problem is most of the time when she doesn't shut up about alm it's just boring and annoying

it wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that she was one of the only 2 new playable characters. honestly, so far the only new character i've liked is conrad but pretty much all his dialogue i've seen is with celica. i can't say I really like much about berkut rinea or faye. i'm not too mad about faye since all the other characters are pretty much new already, but I think they could've done so much better 

(((also having clair and faye both have crushes on alm is dumb i kinda wish they just had clair be entirely different especially since clair gets married at the end)))

You know, at this point, I don't think I could be any more disappointed at what an awful waste of a character Faye is. She' s like Cordelia except even worse.

Thankfully everyone else's conversations range from decent or pretty great. I'm especially enjoying Conrad's everything, Clive and Mathida's support chain, Alm and Mycen's support chain, Tatiana and Zeke's everything, and Leon, Kamui and Valbar's whole dynamic.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

You know, at this point, I don't think I could be any more disappointed at what an awful waste of a character Faye is. She' s like Cordelia except even worse.

Thankfully everyone else's conversations range from decent or pretty great. I'm especially enjoying Conrad's everything, Clive and Mathida's support chain, Alm and Mycen's support chain, Tatiana and Zeke's everything, and Leon, Kamui and Valbar's whole dynamic.

Hey, don't forget about Silque thinking you can grow scales from eating too much fish! That's just adorable.

Just now, Thane said:

Hey, don't forget about Silque thinking you can grow scales from eating too much fish! That's just adorable.

I didn't even see that but that is flippin' adorable.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

But what good is an appealing design if I can't waifu her? 

Yes, Awakening was my first game, why do you ask?

hey awakening was my first game too and I wouldn't even think of waifuing an innocent priestess like her, you filthy degenerate

actually though i love silk she's adorable and got a great redesign

i'm glad her character is nice too

there's pretty much no one so far that I dislike aside from maybe faye so i'm pretty happy with this honestly

4 minutes ago, unique said:

I wouldn't even think of waifuing an innocent priestess like her

Innocent? Are you kidding me? She touches Alm's hand when he checks on her to make sure she's alright after saving her from the bandits. If that's not the pinnacle of lewdness, I don't know what is.

More seriously though, I really wish she had more supports. I really like the base conversations (or rather monologues), but the supports are a bit on the short and simple side, and given how few they are, it can negatively affect characters like Silque who only gets to talk to Faye. Of course, maybe this simplicity is what we need after Fates, although I'd say it's going a bit too far.

Silque does get a memory with Jesse though. That should be interesting. If only someone had translated the memories.

Tbh, can I say that I just love how Conrad passed from "nice to meet you sister" to "lol I'll kick everyone's ass"(well kind of)it in his A support with celica? Seriously, It made me fall in love with his character, which is great even in his other conversations.

Also, Delthea and Luther support is great. Probably my favorite so far.

Regarding Faye, I...actually kind of like her. Like, I don't know exactly why, but I just really enjoy her character, even if it's not that great.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

More seriously though, I really wish she had more supports. I really like the base conversations (or rather monologues), but the supports are a bit on the short and simple side, and given how few they are, it can negatively affect characters like Silque who only gets to talk to Faye. Of course, maybe this simplicity is what we need after Fates, although I'd say it's going a bit too far.

I think that they feel "simple" mainly because It's a direct translation, so many nuances of the original are probably lost. Of course, I could very well be wrong.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Silque does get a memory with Jesse though. That should be interesting. If only someone had translated the memories.

I can translate it:

Jesse: Yo I'm Jesse and I'm the best

Silque: Get out of my face you little b****. You disappoint your family and you suck at what you do. Give up and go die in a hole you miserable little s***.

(I'm just joking I have no idea what they really said).

You know, despite all the things we've seen about Faye, I actually don't really hate her, for a couple of reasons actually.

1. A character has to actually try to make me hate them. Despite what we've seen from Faye, she hasn't tried hard enough to me. The only character in the entire series who has actually tried to make me hate them is Peri.
  2. All of what we've seen from Faye is from the Japanese version of Echoes. We don't know if the localization is gonna keep her exactly the same or change her up a bit, and this leads to point #3.
  3. Faye's portrayal in Heroes has actually improved my opinion on her. Yes, her dialogue is Alm-ost haha puns always about Alm but she's not being creepy about it. In fact, maybe it's just me, but in Heroes, she sounds genuinely happy, like that type of girl that has fallen in love at first sight and can't stop thinking about her crush.
    • Spoiler

Like, some of her Heroes quotes are ""You on patrol? Thanks for watching out for us! Pass a note to Alm, if you happen by him? Nothing much... Just a little "hi" from me!"

and ""The Askran Kingdom is so pretty! I should visit all the nicest spots. I bet you can guess... with who."

Maybe it's just me, but from these quotes, i get the feeling that's she gets genuinely excited about the very thought of Alm. Oh, and there are also some quotes about sewing flowers and making good luck charms. What i really liked was this line from her Lv.40 quote: "Funny how people can be so stuck on someone... that they don't see what's right there." She's basically admitting that she does obsess over Alm. 

Also, taking a quick look at her summon quote ""I'm Faye. Glad to help. I've trained a bit with the Deliverance, you know, for Alm and all my friends." and her quote when she levels up 5-6 stats "For Alm and the others, I have to get even better!". Those two quotes suggest that while she's overly-attached to Alm, she still cares about her other friends.

Of course, this could just be stuff exclusive to Heroes but honestly, Heroes has done a pretty good job of accurately describing and portraying the characters. And considering that the Echoes Focus is promoting Echoes, it'd be pretty weird if Faye in Heroes was portrayed entirely differently than how she is portrayed in the actual game. While a lot of people would still be disappointed that she's obsessed with Alm, i think people would at least prefer it if the localization made her more cheerfully obsessed with him rather than creepily obsessed.

On a related note, I heard somewhere that Faye has Base Conversations with Celica. I'm curious to see how that turns out, if it's a thing. Especially since Celica does get Support Bonuses from Faye (but not the other way around). I also find it interesting that Faye gets Support Bonuses from Mycen of all people. And it works the other way around too. And if I remember correctly, the whole point of passive Support Bonuses like that was that the characters' relationships are strong enough, that they get the bonuses from the get-go. Maybe that means something.

Anyways, I just thought i'd throw in my opinion on the matter. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Edited by Armagon
minor fix

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You know, despite all the things we've seen about Faye, I actually don't really hate her

I don't think I really hate her either. It's mostly just that she could've had more to her than being Alm-thirsty. I wouldn't really archetype her with characters like Tharja (why do people like her? I never understood that). She obviously dotes on Alm quite a lot but she's not complete stalker and she isn't really creepy about it. She can be a real b*tch to other characters sometimes (seen in her support with Silque), which fueled the hate even more, but I think it's understandable. It's a shame she didn't get more supports to build her character more. Her Heroes Dialogue was done in a much more pleasing way, which I think people enjoyed more than from Echoes.

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

I wouldn't really archetype her with characters like Tharja

This. So much this. When you look at the facts, Faye has an actual reason for obsessing over Alm. She's known him since childhood. And the fact that she actually goes and confesses to him proves that her feelings for him are true. Meanwhile with Tharja, what's her excuse for obsessing over Robin? Actually, what IS Tharja's excuse? They never go into that. Wasn't it like, they were supposedly lovers in a past life or something? Or was that Rhajat? I don't know. The worst part about Tharja is that she isn't even recruited by Robin. She's recruited by Chrom. Looking back on it, i'm genuinely surprised she's not going after Chrom instead.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This. So much this. When you look at the facts, Faye has an actual reason for obsessing over Alm. She's known him since childhood. And the fact that she actually goes and confesses to him proves that her feelings for him are true. Meanwhile with Tharja, what's her excuse for obsessing over Robin? Actually, what IS Tharja's excuse? They never go into that. Wasn't it like, they were supposedly lovers in a past life or something? Or was that Rhajat? I don't know. The worst part about Tharja is that she isn't even recruited by Robin. She's recruited by Chrom. Looking back on it, i'm genuinely surprised she's not going after Chrom instead.

Tharja just thinks you're hot. She's basically proactive Cordelia.

Rhajat had an actual reason. It's not the best reason and it just brings to light the terrible deeprealm concept at every turn, but it is a reason. When she was 5 (so like a week ago Corrin's time) Corrin saved her life when she almost walked off a cliff and that (presumably combined with being basically alone for years at a time) left a distinct impression on her. Her death quote implies meeting Robin in the...past....future...whatever, but that doesn't really come up in her supports I don't think; it's been a while.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Rhajat had an actual reason. It's not the best reason and it just brings to light the terrible deeprealm concept at every turn, but it is a reason. When she was 5 (so like a week ago Corrin's time) Corrin saved her life when she almost walked off a cliff and that (presumably combined with being basically alone for years at a time) left a distinct impression on her. Her death quote implies meeting Robin in the...past....future...whatever, but that doesn't really come up in her supports I don't think; it's been a while.

She was saved by Corrin when one of her Faceless attacked her. I think it's pretty funny how Tharja was somehow one of the most loved character while Rhajat was honestly super forgetable, even more than Asugi and Caeldori to me. (I think we're averting from the topic to much...)

Edited by KongDude88

3 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

She was saved by Corrin when one of her Faceless attacked her. I think it's pretty funny how Tharja was somehow one of the most loved character while Rhajat was honestly super forgetable, even more than Asugi and Caeldori to me.

That's what happened in the present, but her B Rank has this

Rhajat: Oh yes, we did... Do you remember when you came to visit my Deeprealm? There was a wild little girl there who ran around tirelessly, curious about everything.

Rhajat: It was! I know it doesn't sound like me at all...but my whole life changed that day. In all my youthful enthusiasm, I nearly ran myself straight off a cliff. But you were there to catch me. It took me until the other day to make the connection that it was you. Heh, heh...

Avatar: Gods...I do remember that! But that little girl—I mean, you... You were so different. So...outgoing.

Rhajat: Yeah, well...that incident changed everything.

Rhajat: Don't be! It was the happiest day of my life. It made me realize that life is precious and I should be a little more selfish. Hayato hated it, but I started dabbling in the dark arts...teaching myself magic. Honestly, I owe you everything.