Supports and Base Conversation Compendium *Obvious Spoilers*

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

Yeah, I knew I was forgetting about that. Anyways, we should really get back to the topic Lol. We're really drifting off.

That's fair.

I think Faye works for me because it's just hilarious how over the top it is. They go introduce a new character for Alm and she is probably the most obsessive of that character type & its adjacents. It infects everything they do and that one base conversation where she basically goes "I WONT BE LIKE CELICA, ALM. I'LL DO WHATEVER. SHE DOESN"T UNDERSTAND YOU LIKE I DOOOOOO"

And from the sound of things everyone calls her out on it. Everyone just kind of deals with it with Tharja and she has a laundry list of other things she does in other supports, Cordelia floats by it but just lets it slide in most of her stuff. Then you have Alm/Faye's a rank where he basically goes nnnnah im good thanks

A: ...Sorry, Faye. I'm not going back to the village - I can't. There are so many things I want to do. I only found those things because of you all helping me along the way. Thank you, Faye. I'm glad we could have this journey together.
F: Well...I figured you'd say something like that. And I loved being by your side, too... When we've finished this war, farewell, Alm. But I'll still love you until that time comes. That should be fine, right?
A: Yeah...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, r_n said:

And from the sound of things everyone calls her out on it. Everyone just kind of deals with it with Tharja and she has a laundry list of other things she does in other supports, Cordelia floats by it but just lets it slide in most of her stuff. Then you have Alm/Faye's a rank where he basically goes nnnnah im good thanks

I also think it's funny how ALM-most all of Alm's lines consist of responses with like 10 or less words while Faye keeps talking like crazy.

Among all the Faye salt train I don't see many people talking about Leon. I laughed at his lines dissing boat and desert maps, but a lot of his lines are very similar to Faye's.

2 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Among all the Faye salt train I don't see many people talking about Leon. I laughed at his lines dissing boat and desert maps, but a lot of his lines are very similar to Faye's.

Nothing paves the way for a fair and balanced discussion quite like calling people being disappointed with the new character "the salt train".

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Nothing paves the way for a fair and balanced discussion quite like calling people being disappointed with the new character "the salt train".

I don't know what else to call it with the 11+ negative threads it has.

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

I don't know what else to call it with the 11+ negative threads it has.

You do realize that the only threads aimed specifically at Faye on the first page of this subforum either defend her or discuss her classes, right?

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

For one trying to throw shade on x character is a terrible way of defending y character. And for another it won't help you at all anyway. Sure Leon's attached to Valbar but he's also chill about his feelings, isn't against moving on and even if he loses the person he likes (again) he doesn't get a bad or weird end.

On 4/14/2017 at 5:30 PM, Azz said:

F: I'm great! You wanna know why?
A: Huh? Uh...okay, why?
F: Remember when we were eating side by side last night? I couldn't finish my bread, so you ate it for me!

...When... When I first started the game, I, completely unaware of this, made them eat the same piece of bread... Um...

UPDATE: Added all the currently translated memories and death quotes by Zigludo and also all ending translated by unosarta from Reddit. Credit to them.

5 hours ago, karasu3 said:

For one trying to throw shade on x character is a terrible way of defending y character. And for another it won't help you at all anyway. Sure Leon's attached to Valbar but he's also chill about his feelings, isn't against moving on and even if he loses the person he likes (again) he doesn't get a bad or weird end.

I'm not defending Faye, you are jumping into conclusions because I compare Leon with the controversial character of the week, and that means I hate him, am I right? I think some lines they have are similar and found it interesting no one bats an eye, I don't hate Leon. It is not about "shading" or a pissing contest like you are saying, but I guess it is forbidden to have opinions in this website.

21 minutes ago, Shadowess said:

holy shit jesse and silque's memory fragment lol

i'm quite digging these memory fragments! but i don't know how they work

You'll find these glowing spots in certain places and when you find them you'll be able to view these memory scenes via the Mila's Turnwheel. There are ten in total.

I'll echo the approval of the inclusion of memories. Having Silque and Jesse of all people interact is great stuff, and it makes the world feel more alive - like that there was something still happening even before the plot, you know?

Wait, why am I reading these? I can play the game in three days.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I'll echo the approval of the inclusion of memories. Having Silque and Jesse of all people interact is great stuff, and it makes the world feel more alive - like that there was something still happening even before the plot, you know?

Wait, why am I reading these? I can play the game in three days.

I can't wait to see what other memories we'll see.

But can you learn japanese in three days? Assuming that you don't know it

Just now, KongDude88 said:

I can't wait to see what other memories we'll see.

But can you learn japanese in three days? Assuming that you don't know it

I'm awful at speaking it, but I do know and understand some - it should be even easier with Shadows of Valentia given the short and simple dialogue and the fact that it's based on Gaiden, which I've played. I should probably hold off on these threads until I've played it for myself, huh, even if I won't understand nearly everything.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Forgot to mention, I added a little extra to Clive and Mathilda's support. It's pretty cute.

That is adorable. Clive and Mathilda really are the best couple.

Also wow, the Celica and Conrad memory is also super-adorable. Conrad really is the best. Really, I can't get over how good a lot of these are.

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Forgot to mention, I added a little extra to Clive and Mathilda's support. It's pretty cute.

God they are so cute. Definitely my favorite couple in SoV I've read about.

Also Mathilda knows what she wants ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Clive and Mathilda already had a good support, but this is just fantastic. They better be careful stealing the spotlight away from Alm and Celica! 

Also, we know why Alm's blushing. Not because he's embarrassed, but because he's got a vivid imagination ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

I'm not defending Faye, you are jumping into conclusions because I compare Leon with the controversial character of the week, and that means I hate him, am I right? I think some lines they have are similar and found it interesting no one bats an eye, I don't hate Leon. It is not about "shading" or a pissing contest like you are saying, but I guess it is forbidden to have opinions in this website.

If I misunderstood your motives that much then I apologize. But there's no need to be so dramatic. Everyone's allowed to have opinions, that's why we are actually talking about them. I also think I explained why no one bats an eye. In short, the idea might be similar but the execution is clearly different. 

Clive plays such a big part of SoV. I wonder what happens if he dies early on to miss all the scenes with him.

They really are adorable, Clive and Mathilda. I'd much prefer premade canon pairings if we'd see more like this.

Edited by KongDude88

2 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Clive plays such a big part of SoV. I wonder what happens if he dies early on to miss all the scenes with him.

Maybe he just has an "i got injured" quote just like what half the cast in Awakening does when they "die"........is what i would say, except Clive has actual death quotes so....

Maybe he's important enough to warrant a game over should he die.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe he just has an "i got injured" quote just like what half the cast in Awakening does when they "die"........is what i would say, except Clive has actual death quotes so....

Maybe he's important enough to warrant a game over should he die.

If you read his death quote, it sounds like he actually dies. I would check and see what happens, but I don;t have the heart to kill Clive with how he changes so many people's endings for the worse.

Just now, Azz said:

If you read his death quote, it sounds like he actually dies. I would check and see what happens, but I don;t have the heart to kill Clive with how he changes so many people's endings for the worse.

I'll test this when I get the game in a month. I'll do it on a separate profile.