• Cleric
    • Mage
    • Pegasus Knight
  2. 2. Faye's best class is...

• Cavalier
    • Cleric
    • Mage
    • Pegasus Knight

I think we might need to wait a little bit longer to see how people will choose what class for Faye when it comes for outside of Japan around in May 19th. But, I do wanted to see if I can see if Faye become as a Mage and then a Priestess is good?

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm not sure we'll ever get a 'canon' class with Faye, considering Heroes copped out and made her an archer.

Pre-release though, my inclination is to Cleric. Based solely on when I played FE2, having an extra healer for like 60% of Alm's game sounds really nice. Not sure if the FE2 experience will translate over perfectly to the new game, but yeah. Extra Heal please

Edit: Also those other spells she has, forgot to mention those.

Edited by Jedor

Datamining revealed that Faye has Again as cleric, so she has dancer utility. 

Idk why people think Faye and the other villagers have "canon" class routes. Their only "canon" class is Villager, as they are in their official artworks. Just because many people agree that one particular class might be best for each of them based on various factors (well mainly growths, base stats, and spell lists) doesn't mean that is their canon choice, but I digress.

I think her class list from best to worst is probably Cleric > Pegasus Knight > Mage > Cavalier (assuming she is with Alm, not Celica). An extra healer is always a plus and it takes the pressure of Silque since magic drains HP in this game. Peg Knight is second because it helps out her low base spd, is flying, and not very competitive since the only other one Alm gets is Clair (who will probably be better than Faye in the long-run due to her RIDICULOUS speed growth as well as high skill and luck growths). I don't think she will stand out really much in the last two classes, especially Cavalier since Alm gets Mathilda and Zeke, who will both probably outshine her in the long-term. 

I don't think she has a "canon" class, and honestly I wouldn't... really say any of the other four Villagers do, either, although Tobin has been shown off as an Archer a lot and Kliff is the most inclined towards being a Mage of the four. As for her best class, I obviously couldn't say yet. Making her a Cleric is the only way to gain access to the Again spell, which makes that a pretty strong contender, but I don't know which class line actually makes Faye herself the most powerful. I know that she also has an okay Mage spell set, including the Freeze spell, which can otherwise only be learned by Kamui.

Although, yeah, Heroes making her an Archer was a little odd. I am admittedly a little bit frustrated with them for being lazy and only giving Faye access to the class lines that already had existing female characters rather than making female versions of the Soldier, Archer, and Mercenary lines for her to be able to choose from, too.

I think she was mostly shown as a cavalier or a Pegasus (mainly Pegasus), so that would makes it her canon classes.

Cleric seems to be the best due to access to rescue and again (not sure how usefull they will be though), and the factv she can have extra accurate nosferatu with Alm's supports. Pegasus is cool because you never have too many pegasi.

Mage can learns the rare Freeze spell, but the list option isn't that hot (Arrow and Angel...)

2 hours ago, Ennui said:

Idk why people think Faye and the other villagers have "canon" class routes. Their only "canon" class is Villager, as they are in their official artworks. Just because many people agree that one particular class might be best for each of them based on various factors (well mainly growths, base stats, and spell lists) doesn't mean that is their canon choice, but I digress.

I think her class list from best to worst is probably Cleric > Pegasus Knight > Mage > Cavalier (assuming she is with Alm, not Celica). An extra healer is always a plus and it takes the pressure of Silque since magic drains HP in this game. Peg Knight is second because it helps out her low base spd, is flying, and not very competitive since the only other one Alm gets is Clair (who will probably be better than Faye in the long-run due to her RIDICULOUS speed growth as well as high skill and luck growths). I don't think she will stand out really much in the last two classes, especially Cavalier since Alm gets Mathilda and Zeke, who will both probably outshine her in the long-term. 

Did you saw the japanese class trailer ,Tobin, Kliff, and Grey definitely have cannon classes.

Definitely not Mage between  angel being kinda nerfed in SoV, and the bulk of the BS you want it for being on celica's route rather than alm's. Peg or cleric then? Hmm... rescue/Again are tempting, but peg cuts out so much crap by having its base stats at promo to rely on instead of those silly things called growths. 

I would probably say cleric, in the end though. 

I'd say the canon classes for the villagers should be what they are depicted as in the prerelease trailers and stuff.  Plus anything similar after that point like merch or those cards that were mentioned. The villagers are shown as Merc for Gray, Mage for Kliff, Archer for Tobin, and Cavalier for Faye.

Faye is weird though because she gets a class she has no ability to use in heroes, and I think prerelease stuff has shown two different classes though I'm not sure. I know she definitely was a Cavalier for most if not all of it though. Idk about Atlas.

1 hour ago, ZoeTrent said:

Faye is weird though because she gets a class she has no ability to use in heroes, and I think prerelease stuff has shown two different classes though I'm not sure. I know she definitely was a Cavalier for most if not all of it though. Idk about Atlas.

Faye has been shown as Cavalier and Peg Knight a couple of times.

If any class is her canon class I say it's Peg Knight. You know, gotta push that stereotype of Peg Knights falling in love with the main lords but not standing a chance.

As for her best class, Cleric without a doubt.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

You know, gotta push that stereotype of Peg Knights falling in love with the main lords but not standing a chance.

You know what? That sounds about right to me.

Besides. I like her as a peg knight anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 0:18 PM, Azz said:

If any class is her canon class I say it's Peg Knight. You know, gotta push that stereotype of Peg Knights falling in love with the main lords but not standing a chance.

As for her best class, Cleric without a doubt.

Which games does this happen with? I mean I know Catria and Cordelia but other than that I am not sure. The pegknights with crushes in the gba games could always support and marry said crush if the player so chose.

If we're speaking Echoes-wise, it seems like a waste making her an Archer.
I mean, she can be Cleric or a Pegasus Knight.

You can make another villager into an archer. Peg and Cleric are just too good imo.

Edited by B.Leu

1 hour ago, iavasechui said:

Which games does this happen with? I mean I know Catria and Cordelia but other than that I am not sure. The pegknights with crushes in the gba games could always support and marry said crush if the player so chose.

Well, Gaiden already had Clair, who pretty much settles for Gray in the end. 

Basically, everyone wants a piece of Alm.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Well, Gaiden already had Clair, who pretty much settles for Gray in the end. 

Basically, everyone wants a piece of Alm.

Eh, settling for the low-tier one. :p
No one want a piece of Celica as well ? If not, that's sexism. :p

Cleric can serve as one not just for the Again spell but also to give Faye an excuse to cling to Alm (similar to pocket medic girlfriends medics to competent heavies/soldiers/demomen in TF2). Rescue spell would allow Faye to pull Alm towards her.

Edited by Roflolxp54

13 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

No one want a piece of Celica as well ? If not, that's sexism. :p

Do thousands upon thousands of horny fans count? I mean, they've got inferior tastes in that case, seeing as Catria's in the game, but still, they exist.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I ran with Pegasus Knight since it was closest to canon for me, but I kinda regret it. Clair does the job better IMO and I really wanted Again at times.

This is precisely what I was afraid of with making her a Pegasus