AI Round Robin results: Fire Emblem Edition

The DanMan

Something I'd been interested in doing for a while was having a round robin done between the AI in Smash-- just for fun, really. I'd like to get to the point where I do it with the entire cast to see who the AI is "best with". But I decided to start small and go with the FE characters first.

Basic rules are:
-Battlefield only
-2 stocks
-No custom moves or equipment
-Best of 3
-Level 9 AI

Trying to emulate the basic competitive settings, but as I said it's really just for fun.

Observations: The AI makes odd choices against itself. They'll do things such as jump towards the opponent and airdodge at the last second-- not taking into account the AI's frame-perfect timing and punishes.
They also really love them footstools. I have a replay saved where Roy backflips onto Marth just to get the footstool.
Off-stage "chases" generally go nowhere, and can result in the aforementioned footstools.
They almost always jump towards each other at the start of the match.

Results
Marth
: 2 for 3 against Ike, 2 for 3 Robin, 2 for 2 against Lucina, 0 for 2 against Roy, 0 for 2 against Corrin
Ike: 1 for 3 against Marth, 0 for 2 against Robin, 1 for 3 against Lucina, 1 for 3 against Roy, 0 for 2 against Corrin
Robin: 1 for 3 against Marth, 2 for 2 against Ike, 1 for 3 against Lucina, 2 for 3 against Roy, 0 for 2 against Corrin
Lucina: 0 for 2 against Marth, 2 for 3 against Ike, 2 for 3 against Robin, 1 for 3 against Roy, 0 for 2 against Corrin
Roy: 2 for 2 against Marth, 2 for 3 against Ike, 1 for 3 against Robin, 2 for 3 against Lucina, 1 for 3 against Corrin
Corrin: 2 for 2 against Marth, 2 for 2 against Ike, 2 for 2 against Robin, 2 for 2 against Lucina, 2 for 3 against Roy

So it goes Corrin > Roy/Marth > Robin/Lucina > Ike.
Corrin's AI in general seems to be the most "complex"-- actually getting some juggling done and even successfully chasing characters offstage once or twice. And then there's the amount of counter kills... . Heck, the only game Corrin lost was due to mistiming his counter and letting Roy get a sweestpotted f-smash off.
Ike, on the other hand... for one, the lag on his smashes were easily taken advantage of. Also, at several points he ended up SD-ing-- most notably in his first match against Robin, where he landed the meteor but Robin teched off the side of Battlefield to win the game. Might try and make a gif of that.

Thinking I'll do LoZ characters next.

Edited by The DanMan