Fate/Grand Order: English Release this Summer

The Geek

To celebrate I did a few calcs I've been wanting to do for ages: out of 169 Servants, 57 cannot be pulled from the regular gacha because they're either enemy-only or limited (some of them becoming available whenever the devs feel like making them pullable, while others will probably never be available again, such as Shiki or the summer special waifus). And among that 33% of the total Servants there are many of the most loved and/or powerful Servants such as Gilgamesh and Iskandar.

Then you have 20 5-Stars (18% of the total of pullable Servants) Servants whose pull rate is 1% and 39 4-Stars (35%) with a pull rate of 3%. That's a 53% composed of the most powerful and popular Servants locked behind a 4% pull rate wall that F2P can only dreamily gaze at while drowning in 1/2/3-Stars which have a 40% pull rate altogether; if you want the specific data there are 6 1-Star Servants (5% of the total), 11 2-Stars Servants (10%) and 36 3-Stars Servants (32%).

TL;DR if you find Heroes gacha system frustrating then you're gonna LOVE Fate/GO's

Spoiler

Is "pullable" even a word?

I'm going to do one better, and play the game fully blind.  I won't know what's good or what's bad, nor do I care.  It's going to be just how far I can go with my own imagination.  If I get stuck, oh well.

Sounds worse than Heroes' pull rates, by a mile.

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

To celebrate I did a few calcs I've been wanting to do for ages: out of 169 Servants, 57 cannot be pulled from the regular gacha because they're either enemy-only or limited (some of them becoming available whenever the devs feel like making them pullable, while others will probably never be available again, such as Shiki or the summer special waifus). And among that 33% of the total Servants there are many of the most loved and/or powerful Servants such as Gilgamesh and Iskandar.

Then you have 20 5-Stars (18% of the total of pullable Servants) Servants whose pull rate is 1% and 39 4-Stars (35%) with a pull rate of 3%. That's a 53% composed of the most powerful and popular Servants locked behind a 4% pull rate wall that F2P can only dreamily gaze at while drowning in 1/2/3-Stars which have a 40% pull rate altogether; if you want the specific data there are 6 1-Star Servants (5% of the total), 11 2-Stars Servants (10%) and 36 3-Stars Servants (32%).

TL;DR if you find Heroes gacha system frustrating then you're gonna LOVE Fate/GO's

Reveal hidden contents

Is "pullable" even a word?

While it is true that the pull rates for 4 star and up are bad, this is somewhat mitigated in that doing a 10 roll guarantees you a 4 star or up Servant or Craft Essence.  I don't know how exactly that affects the rates for five stars, but I'd imagine it improves it.

I'm still shocked they're actually localizing it, but great news overall. I'm really bummed about no account transfer/no english language option on the existing jp server like gbf though... I don't want to start all over again, and my tablet doesn't have the space for both versions. 

I think the best part of this is being able to see more stuff translated, posting screenshots and vids from the U.S. version is a lot easier than trying to translate it yourself/waiting on other people to do it. I hope that the game does well here overall.

7 hours ago, The Geek said:

While it is true that the pull rates for 4 star and up are bad, this is somewhat mitigated in that doing a 10 roll guarantees you a 4 star or up Servant or Craft Essence.  I don't know how exactly that affects the rates for five stars, but I'd imagine it improves it.

Well, I admit I had completely forgotten about that; the pull rates then change in the following way:

for 1 single summon out of the 10 you do you have a 5% chance of getting a 5-Stars, a 15% chance of getting a 4-Stars, a 20% chance of a 5-Stars Craft Essence and a 60% chance of a 4-Stars CE. That's a measly 20% chance of even getting a Servant.

My main other point though was that out of 169 Servants, 116 (68%) are almost or straight out unsummonable; have fun with your dupes. The best part? I already know I'll give in and play this hell...

I also think that after you pay for so much Quartz (the summoning item, equivalent to Orbs in FE Heroes) you're guaranteed a five star.

And additionally there are some four star Servants who are given out for free as part of certain events  (Artoria Lily (Saber Wars), Oda Nobunaga (Guda Guda Honnouji), Assassin!Scathach (Summer Event), and Chacha (Guda Guda Meiji Issin) are the ones I know of)

13 hours ago, The Geek said:

I also think that after you pay for so much Quartz (the summoning item, equivalent to Orbs in FE Heroes) you're guaranteed a five star.

Nope, you're never guaranteed anything

Except for the New Year Gacha which lets you roll one 10 roll with paid quartz,

On 4/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, The Geek said:

And additionally there are some four star Servants who are given out for free as part of certain events  (Artoria Lily (Saber Wars), Oda Nobunaga (Guda Guda Honnouji), Assassin!Scathach (Summer Event), and Chacha (Guda Guda Meiji Issin) are the ones I know of)

There is a free character of every class.

Saber Bathory, Santa Alter, Jeane Alter Santa Lily Lancer, Chacha, Rider Kintoki, Nobunaga, Assassin Scathach, Shiki Ryougi, Irisviel, and Chloe are among them.