Wow. I'm the victim of "channel theft".

If shitposting is an art, then I guess I'm finally a victim of art thieves.

https://www.youtube.com/user/carlowalter/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@Jedi, even some of the "Nerf Me to the Moon" Smash vids are in there.

Spoiler

1vBLHwA.png

Ki6uXO0.png

I'm pretty sure it's a bot.

Edited by shadowofchaos

As much as it's probably a bot, why would the person even bother to go through all of this? The person should know full well that they aren't gonna make any money (maybe a dollar at best). Actually, did any of you even get any ads when trying to watch these videos?

If so, then that's just sad and the person who did this should feel bad.
If not, the person who did this should feel pathetic for wasting his/her time on something so pointless.

Wow, really? That's low. Really low. Why would they even do that? Definitely report them.

With youtube's new rules, you can't apply for partnership to have your videos monetized until you hit 10,000 views total. (Not 100% sure if that's in effect yet). So they're not making money off it, and they're never going to get to that point. It's still pathetic of them to that, but at least they aren't going to be making money off of stealing your content (though that may be their goal in doing this).

At least this means you're notable enough for people to be willing to impersonate you... that much maybe you could treat as a compliment.

Edited by XaosLogos

14 hours ago, XaosLogos said:

At least this means you're notable enough for people to be willing to impersonate you... that much maybe you could treat as a compliment.

My thoughts. When it comes to petty thievery like this, I think it's actually a compliment. Nevertheless, I'll see if I can report him as well, and get the pirate off the internet.