Class Changing

Hello,

I haven't played Gaiden, so I'd like to know how class changing works in better detail.

I'm assuming you can only class change once?

I'm assuming you can only class change the same tiers, I.e Paladin->Hero, not Paladin->mage.

I read somewhere that your level resets to 1 when you class change.. So a level 7 mage would go to a level 1 archer?

When class changing, if any stats are below the class bases, your stats increase to the base levels. Otherwise, no added bonus, stats higher than the bases remain the same. 

What exactly are these Mila statues, for example, how often do you find them, how many times can you use them?

If anyone would like to add questions/points, please do.

Thanks!

Class changing is much more like the GBA games rather than recent FEs, as in there is no reclassing outside of Villagers (Archers can only promote to Snipers, Sniper can only promote to Bow Knights, etc.). There is an item you can get that reclasses a 3rd tier unit back into a Villager, and you branch out from there.

If stats are below the promoted classes bases, those stats are buffed to the bases. If all stats are above the bases, only 1 HP is gained upon promoting.

Mila Statues can be used infinitely and (if Gaiden is anything to go by) there's one in every dungeon. Their only purpose is to promote your units, and to give offerings to lower fatigue.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

33 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Class changing is much more like the GBA games rather than recent FEs, as in there is no reclassing outside of Villagers (Archers can only promote to Snipers, Sniper can only promote to Bow Knights, etc.). There is an item you can get that reclasses a 3rd tier unit back into a Villager, and you branch out from there.

If stats are below the promoted classes bases, those stats are buffed to the bases. If all stats are above the bases, only 1 HP is gained upon promoting.

Mila Statues can be used infinitely and (if Gaiden is anything to go by) there's one in every dungeon. Their only purpose is to promote your units, and to give offerings to lower fatigue.

Oh I see, so the class changing stems from the villager -> tier 1 classes. That item sounds very good indeed.

Thanks for the info!

7 minutes ago, wslegolas said:

Oh I see, so the class changing stems from the villager -> tier 1 classes. That item sounds very good indeed.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, male Villagers promote to Mercenary, Archer, Cavalier, Soldier, or Mage. Female Villagers promote to Pegasus Knight, Cavalier, Mage, Cleric. I'm not sure if the Villager reclass item is in the postgame or if it's a dlc item, but it's in-game, so hopefully we can grind them to have full control over our units!

No problem!

Additionally, Dread Fighters promote to Villager, so any Mercenary can technically Reclass, but it isn't a very viable option since most Mercs are better off as Dread Fighters, anyway, and I doubt it would be easy to get any Mercenary all the way to Lv.10 Dread Fighter, promote to Villager, promote to another class, and promote once or twice again.