Q's about stats

I have been looking through the information available about SoV in preparation for launch but there are a couple of things that are still a bit murky to me as I didn't get to play Gaiden. I hope someone can assist me, for science.

1. Growth rates: Do the rates posted on the main site include the growth rates of the character's starting class? If so, will subtracting the class rates from those numbers give me a character's innate rate?

2. Class base stats: Are these simply stat floors?

[Edit: Next question was more or less answered in another, recent post. If you have aditional info , feel free to contribute]

3. Class change: When you have a character switch to Villager (either naturally or via the Fork) and then try to promote them can you then have them select any of the class paths? Are you restricted to the character's base class? (ie, can Clair go from Falcon Knight to Villager to Mercenary?) Can Celica and Alm move out of their baseline class paths this way?

4. Character Maximum stats: Do the variances in stats disregard the character's class? In other words, all other things being equal, will Gray's Str cap always be 3 points lower than Tobin's? Effectively giving Tobin a +3 Str mod? (In this example)

I feel that maybe Awakening/Fates got me too used to min maxing character/classes and I'm reading too much into it for SoV but if anyone can provide clarification on the above it would put my mind at ease. Thanks all. 

Edited by Archeleon

From what I gather...

2. Essentially? As far as the player is concerned, they're mostly just there to handle promotion bonuses. When a character promotes, any stats they have that are lower than the base stats of the class they're promoting to will have those stats raised to the values of the class's base stats. If all of a character's stats are equal to or higher than the class's base stats, they will just gain +1 HP and nothing else.

3. Villager's promotion options are Mercenary, Soldier, and Archer for male characters, Pegasus Knight and Cleric for female characters, and Cavalier and Mage for both. Any Villager of a given gender has the exact same promotion options, regardless of whether they started as a Villager or a Mercenary or a Mage or what.

4. I believe stat caps are now 100% associated with characters, with zero influence from class. So, the caps listed are just what the character's stat caps will be, no matter what class they are. Weapon/spell availability and movement are probably gonna be the two biggest defining factors when it comes to the final class choice for any character.

Thanks all for the input. In regards to the class growths impacting character growths, I wonder if in Gaiden it was simply a symptom of all classes sharing a static growth set, where as in SoV each class path has its own set. It seems counter intuitive to specifically assign class growths and have them not impact characters at all, specially considering the added flexibility from being able to class change almost (if not every) character in SoV.

Edited by Archeleon

17 hours ago, Archeleon said:

1. Growth rates: Do the rates posted on the main site include the growth rates of the character's starting class? If so, will subtracting the class rates from those numbers give me a character's innate rate?

14 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

1. I'm fairly certain that classes don't affect growth rates, at least in OG Gaiden.

14 hours ago, tomm363 said:

1.- Class growth rates don't affect your units growths.

Actually, SoV's class growths do seem to affect your units. Though they're as likely to subtract stats as they are to add them, meaning the majority of characters break even.

30 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Actually, SoV's class growths do seem to affect your units. Though they're as likely to subtract stats as they are to add them, meaning the majority of characters break even.

Also worth noting is that the Gaiden class growth was far larger than the SoV ones. This means that character growths are a little more influential (which is good imo). However, class choice can definitely help specialize a unit for a role in which their current class would simply be mediocre.

Using Saber as an example, assuming the leaked growths do include class boons/banes (lol), subtracting the Mercenary line's class growths would leave his theoretical innate growths as follows:

HP: 60, Str: 40, Skl: 25, Spd: 30, Lck: 25, Def: 50, Res: 0

The mercenary boons grant +5 to Skl and Spd, which are negligeble. The banes reduce his Str and Def by 5 each. His Str can be salvaged without this penalty and his Def is great for a frontline unit, so the loss there just doesnt seem like a smart choice. However, changing him over to the soldier line will give him boons to his HP, Str and Def; these boosts fortify his strengths and bring up his Str to a more respectable level. The banes cut his Spd and Lck down to 20. Acceptable loses.