FE Fandom listed 4th worst video game community

Yula

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

If a game community having a reputation of being "toxic" meant that sales decreased enough to get the game cancelled, a lot of games that are still ongoing would've been canceled long ago.

True...

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

You posted the thread. Clearly, you have a reasoning for posting the thread, and if you didn't have a purpose for the thread or don't even want to share why, then you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. Also, my question was not "why did you bring it up". It was "why do you care what people who don't know you think about a fanbase you are part of".

I don't know and you're right, I shouldn't have. Didn't think it through.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I think it's important to think these kinds of things through. A lot of people are going to have opinions on whether they think a community they may or may not be part of, or only know certain things about, is bad. A lot of people are going to agree or disagree with that. So unless you think that it is important that we care what some random youtuber thinks of us, or that there is objective proof that we really are more toxic than other communities, I don't really see what this was going to accomplish.

18 hours ago, Nobody said:

I mean, tms is literally the last thing one would expect from a fe and smt crossover, and it was also completely different from what was shown in the announcement clip. As a fan of smt and fe, what it ended up being was certainly disappointing, no matter how good the game is (and it's probably great!). I don't think it's fair to blame people for being disappointed with it. I actually haven't gotten it yet due to how it looks, but had it been a legitimate smt x fe crossover it would have been a month one purchase for me.

Two issues:

1. No, the amount of hate that was posted at the reveal of TMS#FE was unwarranted.  Do you know what I do with games that no longer interest me?  I ignore them.
2. Get the idea that "anime is bad" out of your head.  You have better things to do with your time than to be judgmental about a form of entertainment.

17 hours ago, Thran Starcrod said:

*snip*

Do you know what happens when you continuously complain about something?  You become the toxicity.  If you're not happy with the FE fandom, you have two options:

1. Leave, and find an activity that makes you genuinely happy.
2. Be the change you want to see - help others, be friendly, and keep the complaints to a minimum.

Which one you choose is up to you.

I won't go into full detail here since I had some bad experience involving outside content posted here on Serenes and me discussing about it in the past. But generally speaking...can't we just enjoy the games and stop bickering about what side is right? Been trying to tell the fanbase that in other places, if that happened, this fanbase would be a hella more pleasant.

He didn't study just how bad the Sonic Fanbase really....REALLY is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOeAFtFUQ8

In all seriousness, the FE fanbase is not that corrupted actually. Quite the opposite. The only time the division started is when Awakening showed up which isn't what the old fans were used to.

But now that Echoes showed up, we'll just have to wait and see how this works.

He talk mostly about Awakening, not very wise.but eh.

I suppose I should feel targeted since I'm on Serenes (duh), but I don't.

I nveer thought that the FE community was 'toxic', at least here on Serenes, things are pretty civil. Disagrements are far from being 'toxic'.
If people looks at Youtube comments, Tumblr, 4chan, or whatever, obviously people might see things that are not pretty to the eyes. The heck would anyone expect ?

Eh... I dunno Eclipse, I felt like the skinship talk wasn't that bad... then again I moslty laughed about it, and about SMTxFE... Well, I was not interested in it so I know nothing about it.

Edited by B.Leu

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you know what happens when you continuously complain about something?  You become the toxicity.  If you're not happy with the FE fandom, you have two options:

1. Leave, and find an activity that makes you genuinely happy.
2. Be the change you want to see - help others, be friendly, and keep the complaints to a minimum.

Which one you choose is up to you.

eclipse, gonna be honest. I had just walked away from this topic and was going to let it go til I got dragged back in. I'm done with this topic, I got Spectre of Torment to look forward to tomorrow and do a blind LP of, I had just finished sonic adventure 2's LP, I still got a Fable Anniversary LP to record, then Agent Under Fire. Probably by the time all that gets uploaded, I'll have Shadows of Valentia.

In addition, this got me to thinking about opening a discussion topic about well... fire emblem plots from the view of an author.

I usually like Rabbid's vids, but I feel like he really missed a beat when he put us at 4th. It should be Sonic, really.

off topic but I think the Melee community is mostly friendly aside from elitists.

Edited by LunarKirby

While I have my issues with the FE fandom there are much, much worse video game fandoms out there. Enough to push us out of a top ten list at least. I'd say our only real issue is the elitism some of us have with people joined in at awakening.