Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

Just now, JSND said:

Can't you also use my bro Triangle Adept or i'm missing something with Blarblade mechanic here?

.....actually i was looking to ask about this as well so, does Blade damage Flat or does it stack with Triang Adept?

There was no reason to not use Triangle Adept except for me wanting to see if it were possible without it (since TA makes it waaaay easier).

Also, -blade damage does indeed stack with Triangle Adept. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Good luck, friend!

If either Oboro or Ephraim is given Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte (both of which are common B-skills for them), they may be able to ORKO Zephiel (though that would leave them in range of the axe armor...)

That's the catch. You can't just bring a Heavy Spear to assault Zephiel. The said unit will die to the Axe Armor + Blue Mage.

But, if you can Drag Back / Hit & Run, then reposition the unit, you can get away with it.

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Good luck, friend!

If either Oboro or Ephraim is given Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte (both of which are common B-skills for them), they may be able to ORKO Zephiel (though that would leave them in range of the axe armor...)

I have a lv. 40, 4* Selena. If she can trivialize Hector, then she could trivialize the axe knight.

The mages on the other hand... Yeah... F!Robin could take out the blue mage and blue knight. Ursula with R Tomebreaker might be able to wreck the red mage. Maybe Felicia or that stupid Niles the Mage Hard Counter build could work. Would need to get Quick Riposte on him, though...

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, a bear said:

Eh, sounds like you're overcomplicating it:

D+1 for whichever unit has 5 more Spd (if either)

D-1 for both units for each active Wary Fighter skill

D+1 for either unit with an active Breaker skill, D-1 for the Breakee

D+1 for Attacker if Brash Assault is active

D-1 for Attacker if Windsweep is active (probably)

D+1 for Defender if Quick Riposte is active

If D > 0, attack twice, else attack once (unless Defender is unable to attack)

Seems accurate with everything that we're able to test.

If you had just told me "if it didn't land at zero, adding +1 for Spd wouldn't have made a difference anyways", I would've felt dumb and gone on with my life.

Now I just feel annoyed.

Grr.

Everyone! The battle is about to begin!

Let's do our best to help others after we clear it. Keep the thread nice and friendly for everyone, okay? :)

The Banner's Focus are as follows:

• Nowi
  • Frederick
  • Reindhart
  • Hana
Edited by Lyrai

This GHB is basically a showcase of why non-Distant Counter armors are basically completely useless. As long as you have a way to counter-kill the mages, a dancer + literally any ranged DPS will do the map easily. (I brought Hector, he just watched while Linde solo'd everything.)

Edit: Hana and Reinhardt in a banner, O.O

(Nowi's good too, but not the kind of unit I ever look for. And lol Frederick.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Well, team of Nino, Linde, Olivia and Sharena (playing buff bot) crapped all over the map, but I think that pretty much surprises no one. Nino killed the blue mage, then got danced away. Linde pulled red mage and wrecked him. After that, double mages and Olivia completely obliterated the unsupported armours.

Banner's really attractive to me, though. Probably gonna blow all my orbs pulling blue. >.>

8 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Arcanite Bet?

@MaskedAmpharos After thinking about it, and spending about an hour or so trying to make Takumi work here... you're right. I can't make Takumi succeed in this situation. Felicia is much better here. Nice catch.

@TheTuckingFypo Always glad to help!

But I'd like to update my strategy, since I wrote that before I saw the map, enemies and enemy placements:

Hide contents

Use Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia (the 4-Star one, like before)/Felicia.

Pre-Battle: Place Felicia next to Olivia, with Olivia in the spot below the Blue Armor.

1st Player Phase: Felicia moves into the edge of the enemy range to bait the Red Mage (make sure nothing else can hit her!). Reinhardt stands next to her, Olivia stands below Reinhardt, Nino stands below Olivia.
1st Enemy Phase: Red Mage attacks Felicia, Blue Armor can't move, Zephiel moves down toward Reinhardt/Olivia/Nino, Blue Mage moves next to Green Armor.

2nd Player Phase: Felicia retreats down-and-right, Reinhardt nukes the Red Mage, Olivia Dances for Reinhardt, Reinhardt nukes most of Zephiel's HP off, Nino Draw Backs Reinhardt to safety.
2nd Enemy Phase: Zephiel moves right to not move toward Reinhardt, Blue Armor still can't move, Green Armor occupies Zephiel's position, Blue Mage moves next to Green Armor.

3rd Player Phase: Reinhardt finishes off Zephiel, Olivia Dances Reinhardt, Reinhardt retreats, Nino moves to bait Blue Mage (make sure the Green Armor can't hit her!), Felicia hangs back.
3rd Enemy Phase: Blue Mage attacks Nino, who should survive thanks to WTA, Green Armor moves right since he can't move down OR Blue Armor moves left, the other Armor can't move.

From here, I dunno if the Blue Armor or the Green Armor will be in Zephiel's former position, but it doesn't change too much, I don't think.

4th Player Phase: Nino finishes the Blue Mage, Reinhardt retreats, Olivia Dances Nino, Nino retreats, Felicia hangs back.
4th Enemy Phase: Armors move down.

5th Player Phase: Nino nukes the Blue Armor with Olivia support. Reinhardt and Felicia hang back.
5th Enemy Phase: Green Armor moves down.

6th Player Phase: Reinhardt and Nino nuke the Green Armor, with Olivia support if needed.

Post-Battle: Claim your Zephiel.

Now watch the Armors have Wings of Mercy to completely blow up this strategy.
Dunno if that'll actually work even without Wings of Mercy Armors to screw it up tho.
Hope that helps, mate!

Small problem. The red mage has Swap.

The enemies's stats on Lunatic are as follows:

• Zephiel
    • (78 / 57 / 21 / 34 / 20)
    • Life & Death 3, Wary Fighter 3
    • Weapon: Eckesachs (Threaten Def 2)
    • Special: Reprisal
  • Axe Knight & Lance Knight (Yes, they have the same stats)
    • (67 / 47 / 11 / 41 / 19)
    • Wary Fighter 3, Fortify Res 3
    • Weapon: Brave Axe+ & Brave Lance+
    • Assist: Swap
    • Special: Sol
  • Blue Mage & Red Mage (same stats as well)
    • (45 / 44 / 32 / 20 / 28)
    • Armored Blow 3, Seal Atk 3, Breath of Life 3
    • Weapon: Thoron+ & Bolganone+
    • Special: Blazing Thunder

Beat Lunatic on my first try with Linde, Reinhardt, Ninian, and Kagero.  Linde and Reinhardt took care of the armored units, Kagero took care of the mages, and Zephiel got ganged up on by Reinhardt and Linde.

Basically, have a bunch of strong mages and a dancer.