Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

4 minutes ago, komasa said:

It's quite nice how Zephy has completely different art for his attack and special rather than just some effects added for the special. 

It is indeed. There are some others, like... Ogma? Yeah, and Jagen and Gunter too. All of them by the same author, Yamada Akihiro. His work is indeed impressive.

Edited by Lyrai

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Troykv said:

Oh well, I will tried it.

It works with the normal tome? I don't have Odins to sacrifice.

Durable units? Well, I have a TA3 Sophia, Ephraim and Michalis, also Subaki and Beruka, I doubt they will work that well xDU

I'd run Ursula/Olivia/Sophia/Ephraim for the map, if I had the choice out of your batch. 

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except he isn't a maniac.

He's just some guy who's sick and tired of dealing with the stupidity of the human race and has the power to do something about it. Which is exactly what he sounds like in Japanese.

Well, to me that description sounds like the definition for a maniac. Also, because of the abuse and maltreatment that he received from his parents, I think the game hinted that his sanity was slipping away.

Even if he's not a maniac in your eyes, I just want to clarify that I get the vibe of him being one because if the voice acting. It's all about perceptions.

Edited by Lucıůs

6 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

If you have access to Blarblade and Swordbreaker 1 and someone with Hone Cavalry Ursula can ORKO Zephiel.

I do have Swordbreaker (Sully) and Hone Cavalry (Gunter)... But I don't have Blade Tomes.

I think having someone to dance, and/or reposition is probably more essential than OHKOing, as it'll easily allow you to move out of range, or get yourself in more favourable spots on this map. 

It was pretty easy. My team was Faye, Nino, Reinhardt and Ninian.

Reinhardt did most of the work and ORKO'd Zephiel first then Nino dragged him back to safety. The rest was easy.

Edited by Lord-Zero

Shameless self promotion.

Alot of 5* I have to admit (highly doubt my Fury 2 Ephraim changes thing since he only focused on hitting Zephiel)

Nowi is pretty much the MVP to bait the Red Mage.

Edited by Ryuke

Cleared it with a team of Nino, Cordelia, Cherche and Olivia.

My first strategy of having Cordelia bait the red mage failed because of swap...

Second try I used hit and run tactics with Nino and Olivia to damage and kill the left side. When the lance armour tried to come and help them Cordelia could come in and kill the red mage. After that Cherche and Nino killed of the last armour, while Cordelia tanked a hit from Zephiel and killed him after Nino softened him up.

Not to easy, since hit and run requires more skill then laying down an ambush, but still doable. I think a mage+dancer is key this time around (perhaps the dancer can be replaced by repositioning skills though).

Ursula did 7 damage against the red mage and then Sophia got doubled and died.

Oh, and 4* F!Robin with Gronnraven+ and Hone Attack 3 leaves the stupid blue mage alive with 1 HP.

Guess I'll think about this tomorrow.

Also, Hana? Really? The glass cannon against knights? I can understand why the others are part of the banner, but Hana? Freaking Roy isn't even part of the banner and he would have made sense at least plot-wise.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Ursula did 7 damage against the red mage and then Sophia got doubled and died.

Oh, and 4* F!Robin with Gronnraven+ and Hone Attack 3 leaves the stupid blue mage alive with 1 HP.

Guess I'll think about this tomorrow.

Also, Hana? Really? The glass cannon against knights? I can understand why the others are part of the banner, but Hana? Freaking Roy isn't even part of the banner and he would have made sense at least plot-wise.

Use the Atk +1 seal on Robin.  That should solve your 1 HP problem!

---

I think my team will be Olivia, Spring Camilla, M!Robin, and either Frederick/Cherche or Lucius.  Need to see if my Robin has Reposition.

Reinhardt + Olivia ate the entire map.

Cleared with Reinhardt, Olivia, Olwen, and Roy. Olwen was only there for Reposition (which I didn't end up using), and Roy was there because Roy. Probably will retry with free units later, since Rein trivialized the challenge.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My thoughts exactly.

Then again, I gave my Hana a Silver Sword from Chrom and promptly forgot (slash never learned) that Hana used an Armourslayer.

19 minutes ago, komasa said:

It's quite nice how Zephy has completely different art for his attack and special rather than just some effects added for the special. 

16 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

It is indeed. There are some others, like... Ogma? Yeah, and Jagen and Gunter too. All of them by the same author, Yamada Akihiro. His work is indeed impressive.

All of Yamada Akihiro's art is like that. It's a really nice touch.

The only character with completely different art for their attack and special that isn't drawn by Yamada is Rebecca.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

If you de-equip Life and Death, she has nearly the same stat spread as Lucina, but with more Res and less HP, and has a default weapon that is effective against armor.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Use the Atk +1 seal on Robin.  That should solve your 1 HP problem!

Oh yeah, Seals are a thing...

Welp, I'll need to promote a Cecilia. 22k feathers... ;_;

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you de-equip Life and Death, she has nearly the same stat spread as Lucina, but with more Res and less HP, and has a default weapon that is effective against armor.

Fair enough, but I'd rather have a tanky anti-armor unit just in case.

I... might not really have the proper units to deal with this one, as it took me a couple tries, but figured it out in the end. Dancer/Draw Back shenanigans + mages really is the answer I guess, haha... ;; Did it with 5* m!Robin and Kagero + 4* Nino and Olivia... I think Kagero was mainly just kinda hanging around...? She might have killed one of the mages I think lol

EDIT: Whoa, his voice is NOT what I'd have expected... dude sounds African AF in a damn cool way. Again, not what I expected at ALL, but hey. It ain't the worst. 

EDIT: well no... the rest of his lines don't sound like that, just the 'humanity is grotesque' one...  huh. bizarre.

Edited by BANRYU

Damn, I was super close to clearing with 4* F!Robin, Alm (has to be Red to make the enemies move a certain way), Olivia and Kagerou.

Turn 1: Kagerou baits the Red Mage and kills him

Turn 2: Kagerou retreats, F!Robin gets a potshot on the Lance Knight then retreats via Dance

Turn 3: At this point, I was able to kite enough that the Blue Mage and Lance Knight could attack a square that neither the Axe Knight nor Zephiel could. Hit + Dance + Hit again with F!Robin killed the Lance Knight, which is just enough to charge Ignis. On Enemy Phase, the Blue Mage attacks F!Robin. Normally, she wouldn't ORKO, but Ignis gives enough of a push.

Turn 4: Zephiel takes the lead while the Axe Knight sits behind him. This is where I messed up. If I have Alm attack Zephiel first, he gets Reprisal and Alm is just dead, so I have to hold the damage from his normal attack. Even with Kagerou's Reprisal support, I needed Alm to attack twice to kill Zephiel. At that point, Alm's HP is too low to tank the Axe Knight's attack and dies.

Mkv got the free units strats up. You take 0 damage using it.

Since I don't have Raigh (was stupid to send the free one home), I substituted him with 4-star Sophia.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Mkv got the free units strats up. You take 0 damage using it.

Hmm, I was sure Sophia+Olivia would be doing most of the work for her, but I guess Ray's seal resistance was more important. It's funny how this is the same general strategy I used, but then with free 3-star units and taking no damage.

MKV never fails to amaze I guess.

The man's a genius XD

I'm still waiting for my stamina bar to refill. I have something really dumb I want to try out, but I'm pretty sure it'll fail.

Was playing around with weaker teams.

Managed to beat lunatic with this vanilla skills 5-star team:

• Robin (F) [=]
  • Selena [+Atk, -Res]
  • Ursula [=]
  • Hana [+Atk, -Res]

1. Ursula moves under the danger zone on the right. Selena moves under the danger zone on the left. Hana is beside Ursula. Robin is behind Selena.
  2. Hana uses Rally Atk on Ursula. Ursula moves up into the red mage's range. Robin attacks the blue mage. Selena Repositions her down.
    1. Red mage attacks Ursula.
  3. Ursula moves down, staying in the red mage's range. Hana uses Rally Atk on Ursula. Robin moves left. Selena moves down 2.
    1. Red mage attacks Ursula with Blazing Thunder.
  4. Hana moves down. Ursula moves down 2. Robin attacks the axe armor. Selena Repositions her down.
  5. Ursula kills the red mage. Selena Repositions her down. Robin moves into the left corner. Hana uses Rally Atk on Selena.
    1. Axe armor attacks Selena and dies.
  6. Robin attacks the lance armor with Ignis. Hana kills the lance armor from below. Ursula kills the blue mage. Selena repositions Ursula left.
    1. Zephiel attacks Selena.
  7. Ursula attacks Zephiel. Whoever you want takes the kill. Grand Hero Battle complete!

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Raigh is the real surprise lol, whats the difference between Raigh and Sophia there?

Seal Res helps Cecilia deal more damage and lets Raigh deal more damage after Olivia Dances him.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That 26 Speed with Speed Seal was what sealed the deal for Raigh > Sophia, I think. Otherwise, he would have lost.

I think he would have still won just fine without it simply by kiting away and bringing Donnel in. It would have just taken more turns.

Edited by Ice Dragon
Reordered character list to actual starting order