Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

After failing a couple of times to beat it on lunatic with a team of Young!Tiki, Ninian, M!Robin and Cecilia (I didn't have a unit who could safety ORKO the mages from range), I switched Tiki (who couldn't do anything) out for Ephraim (my buff bot N.1#) and managed to clear it in my first try after that.

Used a combination of drag back and a dancer to poke at the mages early on and used that same tactic to take out the armours without  eating the AoE attack from the mages. Eventually they had to overextend a bit and I managed to take out both of them outside Zephiels range.

After that I softened up Zephiel with Robin using Bonfire and finished him off with a Iceberg proc from Cecilia for good measure.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the MKV video as a starting point. Only difference I had all those units at 4 star level 40 except Raigh. I swapped him for Sanaki 5 star. Donnel crushes those mages, it did give me a but of different AI logic though. Donnel (4), Sanaki (5), Cecilia (4 - 39), Olivia (4 - 37)

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

I'd like to issue a challenge to The Strategists Three, should you choose to accept:

Most of the team compositions so far contain a strong mage and a dancer, for obvious reasons. But that's hardly a challenge.

No units tiered A+ or higher on wiki's vanilla tier list (to exclude Reinhardt and the dancers; why Reinhardt is only A+ I will never know). No skill inheritance. No merges. No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

I'll be seeing if I can improve on my own time. Currently at 7 turns.

Man 7 turn seems really fast

Reffering to Wiki Tier list.... Ursula and Gunter is A

Tried it for lulz and got 10 turns with Ursula, Gunter, Barst, Subaki

Does Ursula being 5* and Gunter being broken nulls it?

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

Man 7 turn seems really fast

Reffering to Wiki Tier list.... Ursula and Gunter is A

Tried it for lulz and got 10 turns with Ursula, Gunter, Barst, Subaki

Does Ursula being 5* nulls it?

My 7-turn clear was with a full 5-star team, so that's not a problem:

I want to see what kinds of wacky teams can clear this.

Whoever said Blade Tomes are broken wasn't kidding: I managed to clear Lunatic with a -ATK Odin and Cecilia wielding them. And the former was my only 5*.

EDIT: Give me a bit to expand on my Team Composition, but there was no Healer or Dancer involved.

Edited by AstraSage

I also beat it with repositioning shenanigans. I'm my case it was my usual Fae+Leo duo. They actually nearly soloed(duoed?) the map, the other two just took care of one of the mages (but I don't even know it that was really necessary).

Well... it's time to train Zeph now (and wonder wether or not to pull from his sweet banner. If not for freddie...).

Just now, LordFrigid said:

It's too early to think of anything fancy, so I decided to go with Dragons, 'cause they're always fun. Took one more turn than I needed to, but oh well.

Hide contents

"I shall return you to your former glory!"

"We don't need your kindness."
"We prospered plenty without you!"
"You did what to my son?"
"Zephiel bad man!"

Wow, Zephiel was surprisingly easy. Or maybe Mounted Emblem is too strong. One or the other.

Ran Stahl (Hone Cavs)/Cecilia (Gronnblade)/Frederick (Fortify Cavs)/Reinhardt (Death Blow 2). I forget the exact way I did it, but it was just Reinhardt/Cecilia baiting and killing the Red/Blue Mage, pulling back to bait the Armors, and killing the Armors one at a time from complete safety once they formed a vertical line. I wanna say it took 6 turns, might've been 7.

And now I have two Zephiels. Woohoo.

The banner was completely unexpected. Hana and Frederick make sense (effective weapons), Reinhardt didn't until I broke the map with him and Gronnblade!Cecilia (could've probably done this with Nino too), and Nowi... I dunno why Nowi is there.

@Ice Dragon Reinhardt's probably only A+ because he's only really the best on Cavalry teams where he can buff up his ATK to monstrous heights with the +6 buffs. At least, that's my guess.

Also, I guess maybe +ATK/-DEF Olwen / +ATK/-DEF Felicia / Gunter for Hone Cavalry / +ATK/-DEF Cecilia could work? I dunno here.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Ice Dragon Reinhardt's probably only A+ because he's only really the best on Cavalry teams where he can buff up his ATK to monstrous heights with the +6 buffs. At least, that's my guess.

Reinhardt by no means needs to be on a cavalry team to be at his fullest potential. Before factoring in skill inheritance with a +Atk roll he already ORKO's a majority of the meta, and with Death Blow + Lancebreaker he ORKO's three colors completely by himself, including low-Res greens.

A unit that can ORKO exactly 93% of the meta (that's not an estimation or exaggeration by the way) does not deserve A+. Then again tier lists are hardly accurate to the actual game so this is to be expected I suppose.

Cleared it with:

4* Lvl 40 M!Robin
4* Lvl 37+2 Nino
4* Lvl 40 Lissa
3* Lvl 30 Olivia

I took advantage of the fact that there were no healers, and equipped Lissa with Pain to lower the Armours enormous HP stats, then using Olivia to dance her out of the way. Lissa also tanked the notorious Blue Mage who kept killing my Robin ( since he only had 27 SPD sans a SPD seal and thus kept getting doubled ) and lured him out.

Basically none of my units came into contact with the Armours/Zeph save for the mages. It was a risky gamble that required careful positioning but paid off in the end. ^^

Edited by Luchi

Wow. Reinhardt turns this map into a total joke. This is the first time I've cleared a Lunatic GHB map on my first try. No wonder he's on the banner!

Here's my strategy, but warning: it revolves around my super kitted out Reinhardt. He's +ATK -SPD, with Death Blow 3 and Quick Riposte 2 (it was a convenient inherit from 4-star Klein since he'd previously inherited Death Blow 2 from Hawkeye). I haven't done the math for other Reinhardts/blue mages. My team was Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia/Spring Camilla in that order; Olivia is 4* level 36 and Nino is 3* level 36. Nino was just there for Draw Back, so you could use level 1 Nino or any other Draw Back unit if you wanted. Cavalry boosts will also let you replicate Death Blow 3.

Turn 1: Reinhardt kills the Blue Mage to the left after being danced by Olivia (he couldn't reach since he started on the leftmost square), and Nino pulled him back out of danger.
Turn 2: Reinhardt one-rounds Zephiel while staying in range of the Red Mage and neither of the knights. He had Hone Attack 1 from Nino as a boost but didn't need it (did 42x2 damage, so 40x2 damage without the boost).
Turn 2 enemy phase: Reinhardt gets hit by the Red Mage and because of Quick Riposte 2, one-rounds the idiot. Without Quick Riposte, he can easily still finish off the Mage the next turn and get danced out of danger.
Turn 3 onwards: The remaining armours are a joke to Reinhardt. He can just hit and run them until they die with a Dancer and/or Draw Back's help. I used Spring Camilla to kill the Axe Knight just to speed things up, but it's really not required.

Basically, Reinhardt OP (with a Dancer's help anyway, bring 2 if you have them to make the map even faster). Pull on the banner! If you have one, 5* him and marvel at his murderous capability! I can't recommend him enough, seriously.

Probably the fastest I've ever cleared a GHB, which is a good way to end a bad day

Went to do the Lunatic missions straight away. Lost about 2-5 times but managed to work how to move around after trial and error.

Main account I used 5* Sharena, 4* Tharja, 4* Olivia and 4* Nino- all lv 40

Second account I used 5* Sanaki, 4* Olivia, 4* Nowi and 4* Nino (lv 39, everyone else was lv40)

Nino MVP with her Draw Back skill saving Olivia after Olivia dances Sanaki/Tharja. Nowi/Sharena rallies also helped with Nino.

Not bad for vanilla units :)

Edited by mcsilas

Did Lunatic on first try with the bunny girls, MRobin and Fae.  Robin and Fae kept using Drag Back on the bunnies after their attack until it was only Zephiel facing TA Robin and bunny Lucina.

You can guess how that went! 

Easier than even Navarre's map, in my opinion (though more reliant on having the right types of units).  As expected, my Arena defense team ran right over the map.  Blade Bunny Lucina took out every enemy except the blue mage (Ephraim dealt with it) and the green knight (Y!Tiki).

FREDDY'S ON THE BANNER, I KNEW IT. He just seemed TOO perfect a choice! I don't regret upgrading one to 5 star beforehand though, as I can still possibly pull one now to make mine lv. 40+ and I can still say I probably had a 5 star Freddy way before a lot of other people. :P

s!Lucina/Hector/Olivia/Priscilla did fine. Panicked briefly when I thought someone was going to take a lethal Blazing Thunder hit from the blue mage, but I figured out a way to snipe it with Lucina and then dance to get her safe from the axe armor before cleaning things up.

It looks like they have him a twirly effect with his sword to reference his FE6 animations, which is an awesome little touch. Also I love his dialogue and the little references to his interest in wiping out humanity without explicitly saying so.

The offer of Reinhardt and Nowi from the banner is tempting, but I'd rather keep saving my orbs.

Edited by Othin

My Ephraim/Nino/M!Robin/Olivia team I mentioned earlier was able to clear Lunatic just fine.  The first try didn't work out because I forgot that I had removed Draw Back from Nino to make her more potent on defense, so I couldn't get Olivia back to safety. 

I was expecting the AI to use Switch in really annoying ways, like throwing Zephiel into the range of my units, but they just seemed to use it haphazardly to no real effect.  It was a simple game of Nino sniping the enemies from afar and dancing her to safety (She has Fury 3 and Desperation 3 from SI).  Ephraim lured in and 2-rounded Zephiel when he was the only one left. 

This one was way too easy, beat Lunatic 1st try with Lilina/Nino/Priscilla/Ninian with Lilina burning the entire Map into oblivion. Lilina attacking, getting drawed back by Nino and then dancing her again to either finish off her enemy or retreat were enough to clear the entire Map with only taking a small hit from the Red Mage. Her AoE also ensured that that pesky Blue Mage wouldn't touch her, and softened up the Armors for a OHKO nicely. Priscilla in the meanwhile was just chilling in her corner, doing absolutely nothing. It wouldn't made a difference if I didn't field her.

Draw back, dancing and a competent Mage are breaking this GHB in half, but thats what you get for not putting Distant Counter on your Armors.

It's a bummer though that Zephiel didn't get LaD3 on 4*...

Also Reinhardt on the banner is just sick, I regret burning all my Orbs on trying to get a Claire earlier. Which I didn't even get, got everything else except her... sigh..