Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

10 minutes ago, SakuraFish said:

This one was way too easy, beat Lunatic 1st try

I know, right? If even I could beat it and in one try, which I DID, it IS too easy. :P Come on, IS.

Though in my defense, Freddy does indeed wreck this big time if you take out the mages and give him a hand against Zephiel. I actually didn't even need to have him attack Zephiel though, because a combination of Klein and male Robin did the trick. Here's what I did!

1. Move Olivia and Klein to the left.

2. Klein shishkabobs the blue mage, Olivia dances him behind her.

3. Armors and red mage move. Klein then gives the red mage the same fate as his blue brother.

4. Freddy with a dance from Olivia finishes blue lance armor.

5. Axe armor suicides into Freddy and his Axebreaker (Wary Fighter does not affect breaker skills, thank Ashunera).

6. By this time, Klein has Glacies ready to go, so he and male Robin pick off Zephiel and be done with it!

But finally, a lunatic GHB clear, another armor, and another 5 star upgrade I may do in the future!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I beat it on loony with the following Team 

5* Nino (speed badge), 4* Ruby Sword Olivia(hp badge), 5* Bunny Lucina(attack badge),  4* Rehabilitate Clarine (to allow Olivia to tank some hits).  I found out this team fairly early but it's took me a while to realize that giving a speed badge to Nino would allow her to double the first blue mage after I realize that it was smooth sailing.

Edited by Locke087

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, right? If even I could beat it and in one try, which I DID, it IS too easy. :P Come on, IS.

But finally, a lunatic GHB clear, another armor, and another 5 star upgrade I may do in the future!

Congrats for your first Lunatic Clear then, and first try no less. Here's hope that the next one will be a bit more of a challenge.

Also Wary Fighter does affect the breakers, as they cancel each other out IIRC. But your Fred should naturally be faster than those slow ass 11 Spd Armors (don't really know his Stats), so thats why he did double him.

7 minutes ago, SakuraFish said:

Congrats for your first Lunatic Clear then, and first try no less. Here's hope that the next one will be a bit more of a challenge.

Also Wary Fighter does affect the breakers, as they cancel each other out IIRC. But your Fred should naturally be faster than those slow ass 11 Spd Armors (don't really know his Stats), so thats why he did double him.

Oh, okay, that explains it. I'm just not used to my Freddy doubling anyone other than axe peeps because -spd. lol It surprised me that he couldn't one-round the lance armor and needed Olivia to help him finish it, but it worked out, yeah!

And indeed, though not so tough that I can't beat it like the previous ones...

Oh yeah, and to reiterate, full team was 5 star Frederick, 5 star Klein, 4 star male Robin, and 4 star Olivia, all at lv. 40. If you have a trained up Frederick or pull him at 5 star on the Zephiel battle banner, I definitely recommend using him here! Even if he doesn't have Axebreaker or anything, like stated, he should double the armors anyway, even with -spd. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Beat it first try with a team of 5* Nino,5* Hector,5* Ephraim and 4* Nowi, Nowi took care of the mages and then Hector swapped her out of there, and Nino and Hector whittled Zephiel into kill range for Nowi.

Really enjoying using Zephiel now, is there any point in getting him any of his skills other than Wary Fighter? Reprisal seems like it might be good but idk what else suits him.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

I'd like to issue a challenge to The Strategists Three, should you choose to accept:

Most of the team compositions so far contain a strong mage and a dancer, for obvious reasons. But that's hardly a challenge.

No units tiered A+ or higher on wiki's vanilla tier list (to exclude Reinhardt and the dancers; why Reinhardt is only A+ I will never know). No skill inheritance. No merges. No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

I'll be seeing if I can improve on my own time. Currently at 7 turns.

Oh my, wish I didn't feed all my Odins. 

I'll at least take a look at my units after class and see what I can come up with (won't be able to use any of my 5*s though RIP)

In a rush, so I should be looking this up somewhere else when I have time, but how exactly is damage added with -blade tomes? I'm fumbling with the idea of giving my 4* Ursula Blarblade and R Tomebreaker 2 to deal with the red mage.

F!Robin with Gronnraven+ and an Attack Seal and Olivia or even F!Corrin's Hone Attack 3 should decimate the blue mage. After that, running around trolling the knights.

Im scared what people will think if i happen to struggle with the lunatic version when even those who struggled with previous lunatic maps beat this their first try XD

1 minute ago, Thany said:

Im scared what people will think if i happen to struggle with the lunatic version when even those who struggled with previous lunatic maps beat this their first try XD

It just means you're not using draw back/dance shenanigans with ranged units enough.  This map is basically all about kiting, the armors can hit hard, but it's rather easy to simply prevent them from doing so since they only have one movement.

Managed to get it in 9 turns after so many failed attempts because of the mages. Cherche actually tanked Zephiel, which helped massively as I couldn't reposition her at that time (Screwup involving misplacing another unit) and ended up taking out the other armours and was necessary to beat the worst part.... The Blue Mage.

(Also, took at least 10 failed attempts. Oh well, better than failing Narcian because you didn't have many units raised at all. Or F!Robin. Or Ursula. I kinda didn't have good options at the time)

(Oh, beat hard with Oboro, Roy, Springcina and F!Robin. All but Springcina were level 31 and she was at 28)

Edited by Dayni

Beat Lunatic with most of my regular team. 5*Julia, 5*Seliph, 5*Nowi and 4*Olivia --> Nowi crushes the red mage, Julia eliminates everything blue und Seliph is there for Zephiel. This was kinda easier than even the Navarre one, wasn't it?

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It just means you're not using draw back/dance shenanigans with ranged units enough.  This map is basically all about kiting, the armors can hit hard, but it's rather easy to simply prevent them from doing so since they only have one movement.

Yeah, this, plus as I said, I had 5 star Frederick beefed up with a bunch of skills to wreck the armors and he's on the Zephiel battle banner for good reason. :3 I might've actually struggled without him. Glad all the work I put into him did something great for me in the end!

41 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden Every buff represented by blue numbers in the stat block is added to your Atk. If you have a +4 in all four stats, that's +16 Atk.

Cool, hmm, now to figure out the minimum amount I need to ORKO the red mage.

And who else I should bring on my team. Olivia should be there. Not sure if I want F!Corrin, Eirika, Oboro, Selena, or Tiki. Maybe Eliwood or Gunter for cavalry buffs.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I managed to get 4 star Zephiel thanks to Nino, Eirika, Azura and Ninian. 

Absolutely fitting how Nino takes out Zephiel. It would have spared Elibe so much trouble had she went through with it when he was a kid lol.

Its also fitting how my Fae was the one to defeat him considering he supports dragons XD

9 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I managed to get 4 star Zephiel thanks to Nino, Eirika, Azura and Ninian. 

Absolutely fitting how Nino takes out Zephiel. It would have spared Elibe so much trouble had she went through with it when he was a kid lol.

To be fair, if Zephiel did die that night, Eliwood and pals wouldn't have received Queen Hellene's aide and Nergal would have been able to wreck the continent.

40 minutes ago, Thany said:

It doesn't matter what people think haha having the right team make things easier. But I can see that you have no dancer, only 1 range unit, do you have any reposition, drag back or something? If not, how did you kill the mages?

Just now, Hardy said:

It doesn't matter what people think haha having the right team make things easier. But I can see that you have no dancer, only 1 range unit, do you have any reposition, drag back or something? If not, how did you kill the mages?

I think you missed my post where i posted a screenshot of my team finishing the map. as for the mages. takumis skill was good enough to kill one, and then Lyn for the other.

Super easy. When I first saw the map I knew ranged magic users, dance and reposition were a must. I was troubled between Camilla and Julia but Julia has better stats because Fury 3.

Team

1. Julia (+res/-hp); Fury 3
  2. Klein (+atk/-def); Reposition, Hone Atk 3
  3. Nowi (+atk/-hp); Ignis, Defiant Atk 2, Vantage 2
  4. Olivia; just dance 2017

Just positioned my units behind enemy range, Klein one rounded blue mage in the left room, Olivia dances and moves to the red mage range. He triggers Glacies in enemy phase and destroys him. Armors move. The rest was just Julia hit, Klein reposition or Olivia dances. Enjoy! Julia dragon fangs Zephiel in the end.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

I think you missed my post where i posted a screenshot of my team finishing the map. as for the mages. takumis skill was good enough to kill one, and then Lyn for the other.

Yeah, I did see the screenshot, I'm just curious that how did you kill the mages with one Takumi and no dancer, repostion support skills. Well yeah, that's all.