Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Hardy said:

Yeah, I did see the screenshot, I'm just curious that how did you kill the mages with one Takumi and no dancer, repostion support skills. Well yeah, that's all.

That was what killed me the first 2 attempts. but then i had a good plan, i would use takumi to hit zephel and then drag back with fae, and then attack an armored knight with takumi again, with another pull back. when takumi was at 1 with his skill. i put him in range of the red mage, and had him kill with a vengence counter. as for the blue mage, he went ahead of the armors and somehow avoided swapping. i had lyn attack him and then had takumi finish him off. from there it was trying to not die from the armors.

Wow, a 4* Ursula with Blarblade, R Tomebreaker, and Hone Attack 3 and its bonus destroys the red mage if the calculator is right -- created a custom character with the red mage's stats and skills. Will need to double-check later.

Heh, I can trivialize both mages with F!Robin and Ursula and Zephiel with Oboro.

Just gonna cost 22k feathers, a Cecilia, and an Odin...

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Wow, a 4* Ursula with Blarblade, R Tomebreaker, and Hone Attack 3 destroys the red mage if the calculator is right -- created a custom character with the red mage's stats and skills. Will need to double-check later.

I can say with experience that this does work, fantastically too.

I used Gunter's Hone Cavalry for overkill, but Hone Atk 3 should do the trick.

Edited by Elieson

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this, plus as I said, I had 5 star Frederick beefed up with a bunch of skills to wreck the armors and he's on the Zephiel battle banner for good reason. :3 I might've actually struggled without him. Glad all the work I put into him did something great for me in the end!

I just upgraded a +atk -res Frederick to 5 stars and he's great! I love him so much!:p  He already has a permanent spot on my cavalry team. This battle was indeed relatively easy.

1 minute ago, charmedx3 said:

I just upgraded a +atk -res Frederick to 5 stars and he's great! I love him so much!:p  He already has a permanent spot on my cavalry team. This battle was indeed relatively easy.

Awesome! That boon and bane works too. Mine is +def, -spd which is also great for him. It makes him harder for physical units to take down!

I love Freddy too, as both a character and a unit in both Awakening and Heroes. <3

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

That was what killed me the first 2 attempts. but then i had a good plan, i would use takumi to hit zephel and then drag back with fae, and then attack an armored knight with takumi again, with another pull back. when takumi was at 1 with his skill. i put him in range of the red mage, and had him kill with a vengence counter. as for the blue mage, he went ahead of the armors and somehow avoided swapping. i had lyn attack him and then had takumi finish him off. from there it was trying to not die from the armors.

Haha yeah, those armors let their mage go alone? Bad armors.

Wow, this was the easiest GHB so far.

Nino + Dancer + Reposition = easy win

Afterwards, I saw Reinhardt was the focus, so I blew 60 orbs . . . and no Reinhardt or 5*s. . . bad luck continues. :(

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Awesome! That boon and bane works too. Mine is +def, -spd which is also great for him. It makes him harder for physical units to take down!

I love Freddy too, as both a character and a unit in both Awakening and Heroes. <3

Your +Def definitely sounds cool! If we ever get +def seals, he will be my first candidate for that :p 

And yeah I really like him too as a character! He really needs more love 

2 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Your +Def definitely sounds cool! If we ever get +def seals, he will be my first candidate for that :p 

And yeah I really like him too as a character! He really needs more love 

Good idea! I gave mine the Attack+1 seal so he gets a boost to that as well.

And he does, man, he does. Freddy may be overprotective and kind of doting, but he's so polite, charming, and handsome as well as ironically hilarious that I can't not love him. <3 (and his Heroes title isn't Polite Knight for nothing either!)

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Good idea! I gave mine the Attack+1 seal so he gets a boost to that as well.

And he does, man, he does. Freddy may be overprotective and kind of doting, but he's so polite, charming, and handsome as well as ironically hilarious that I can't not love him. <3 (and his Heroes title isn't Polite Knight for nothing either!)

Let's create super Freddy's! hehe 

Haha and yeah! I agree about everything you say about him! He's awesome like perfect and would love to meet someone like him IRL :p. Hopefully he appears in warriors! 

8 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I dunno why Nowi is there.

Lightning Breath+ is a bit of a Hard Counter to the Mages, I guess...

Alright, my Anti-Zephiel Squad was the following:

• 5* Odin [+SPD,-ATK] Lv. 39, (Blade+ Tome, Moonbow, Defiant ATK 3, Red TomeBreaker 3, Inherited Reciprocal Aid). Originally set to clear both Red Units,  but ended slaying only Zephiel (and the Blue Knight). Still did his starting move of baiting the Red Mage.
  • 4* Oboro [+RES, -HP] Lv. 39 (Heavy Spear, Rally DEF, Seal DEF 3, Threaten RES 2, Inherited Glowing Ember). Odin's Bodyguard and Defense buffs Supplier. I had a close call when the Blue Knight left her at 1 HP, but it became an awesome outcome with Odin's Reciprocal Aid (plus Defiant ATK) in action once the Mages where taken care of. Also the Best Bait for Zephiel when he's the last enemy: Survived one hit, countered with one that left him with 46 HP, let Threaten RES do its magic and was one of the two key units rallying Odin enough to do a 47 HP-worth Boss-slaying attack.
  • 4* Cecilia [+SPD, -HP] Lv. 40+3 (Inherited Blade Tome, Rally Resistance, ATK+2, Escape Route 3, Inherited Bonfire and Spur RES, Bane of my Green Orbs Pulls). In charge of clearing the map of anything that's not Red, even though she only got to take apart the Blue Mage and the Green Knight in practice. When she wasn't attacking, she was giving Odin RES Buffs.
  • 4* Sully [+RES, -HP] Lv. 40 (Sapphire Lance, Draw Back, SwordBreaker 2, Inherited Fortify Cavalry). Cecilia's Bodyguard in charge of providing buffs to her Blade Tome and keeping her away of the Knights' attack range. She was also great in killing the Red Mage before Blazing Thunder was used.

Also the key of the Lunatic fight was to make sure the Mages were the first to fall down, but not the first ones to be attacked if you can't oneshot them: My first attack was on the Green Knight with Cecilia, before drawing her back and baiting the Red Mage. I ended with both Mages next to each other, so I had to pull back all my units so they simply left the knights behind.

20 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Let's create super Freddy's! hehe 

Haha and yeah! I agree about everything you say about him! He's awesome like perfect and would love to meet someone like him IRL :p. Hopefully he appears in warriors!

Yes, let's! I'll be sad if he's not playable in FE Warriors! I mean, I'm surely going to get Ike in the game (if not the base game, most definitely DLC), but to have both him and Freddy there would be extra amazing. And imo, it'd be rather out of character for Freddy NOT to be there trying to guard his lord and lady. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Double-dancer team of Merric, Rebecca, and 2 Olivia's ftw! First, Darting Blow allows Rebecca to double the mages on the offensive, so I had her ORKO the blue mage. Then I danced her to a spot to bait the red mage, and I positioned Merric behind the Olivia that just danced. The other Olivia just chills for a bit. The red mage attacks Rebecca, and then the knights swap it over to the left to put it closer to Merric, cuz he's green (I think that's what happened, IIRC). I have Rebecca snipe the mage, dance her to safety, and then Merric simply kites the knights for the rest of the battle.

Linde + Nino basically duo'd the lunatic version of this map with ease. Lucina attacked the axe armour once, and Sharena buffed up Nino, who didn't even attack because Linde paired with Draw Back was enough to crush through everything on the map. Even if I hadn't brought Lucina, a few more turns of kiting would have still made this a simple clear. Definite step down from previous GHB in terms of difficulty. Any good mage + a draw back user makes the armours trivial after a few rounds.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

I'd like to issue a challenge to The Strategists Three, should you choose to accept:

Most of the team compositions so far contain a strong mage and a dancer, for obvious reasons. But that's hardly a challenge.

No units tiered A+ or higher on wiki's vanilla tier list (to exclude Reinhardt and the dancers; why Reinhardt is only A+ I will never know). No skill inheritance. No merges. No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

I'll be seeing if I can improve on my own time. Currently at 7 turns.

3 questions:

1. Can non-"Strategists Three" folk participate?
  2. Can a +1 be used if it can be shown that the stat gains are not required to hit the survival/KO/doubling/etc. benchmarks? I have 2 units I (think that I) need, but they're both +1 and I won't get 40k feathers together before this GHB is over =P .
  3. Are Seals ok?

If the answer to those three are yes, and my theories hold up, I think I can put together a team that can clear in 5-6, possibly depending on how Zephiel moves.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

I'd like to issue a challenge to The Strategists Three, should you choose to accept:

Most of the team compositions so far contain a strong mage and a dancer, for obvious reasons. But that's hardly a challenge.

No units tiered A+ or higher on wiki's vanilla tier list (to exclude Reinhardt and the dancers; why Reinhardt is only A+ I will never know). No skill inheritance. No merges. No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

I'll be seeing if I can improve on my own time. Currently at 7 turns.

I'm gonna try this with 4* F!Robin, 5* Clair, 5* Jaffar and... Still thinking. Can I unequip Dance on Olivia?

Beat this one on my first try on Lunatic, which is surprising. It made me really glad I decided to bring my Reinhardt from 4* to 5*. Kagero didn't end up one-rounding the right mage on the counterattack like I expected, but I was able to manage with Reinhardt and Nino (with Olivia as dancer support) to take out that mage and the knights. Kagero wound up coming in clutch and taking out the blue mage after Reinhardt tanked it for a round, and then Zephiel went down pretty easily to a combined mage assault. 

Over all, I'd say it's definitely one of the easier Grand Hero Battles, though I've only been able to start clearing the Lunatic ones more recently. Looking forward to Xander in two weeks!

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

3 questions:

1. Can non-"Strategists Three" folk participate?
  2. Can a +1 be used if it can be shown that the stat gains are not required to hit the survival/KO/doubling/etc. benchmarks? I have 2 units I (think that I) need, but they're both +1 and I won't get 40k feathers together before this GHB is over =P .
  3. Are Seals ok?

If the answer to those three are yes, and my theories hold up, I think I can put together a team that can clear in 5-6, possibly depending on how Zephiel moves.

1. Yes. Have at it.
  2. Sure.
  3. I'm going to say yes, but more props if you don't, though.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm gonna try this with 4* F!Robin, 5* Clair, 5* Jaffar and... Still thinking. Can I unequip Dance on Olivia?

Fine for Olivia if you don't have another sword you can use. (But that's a no to Azura and Ninian.)

I wonder if I can fit my 3-star Subaki onto a team... I think he's my only non-5-star at level 40.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Yes. Have at it.
  2. Sure.
  3. I'm going to say yes, but more props if you don't, though.

Fine for Olivia if you don't have another sword you can use. (But that's a no to Azura and Ninian.)

I wonder if I can fit my 3-star Subaki onto a team... I think he's my only non-5-star at level 40.

I actually did it; took 9 turns, though, with 4* F!Robin, 4* Sully, 5* Jaffar and 4* Olivia without Dance. Olivia was just for Hone Atk, actually; didn't need her to attack at all. I could have used like, Serra, and it would have still worked. I'll have it up in a moment.

Actually, wait. Olivia being a Sword unit actually makes the Lance Knight move differently, so she's important.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

To show no inheritance and Seals, here's screenies of my teams while in the chapter. It's in Japanese, but people can verify.

@Ice Dragon Aight I got it done.

4* F!Robin

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170420-104433_zpsvvhlpyqv.p

4* Sully +Atk -HP

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170420-104436_zps72fbsozx.p

5* Jaffar +Atk -Res

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170420-104441_zps1lzregn3.p

4* Olivia (no Dance) Neutral

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170420-104451_zpsdnkmfc6d.p

Turn 1:

Spoiler

Take this formation Planet Dance, baiting the Red Mage with Jaffar. Hone Atk on Robin is important, but Sully is just there for kicks.

Screenshot_20170420-104552_zpsxuw0gvmc.p

End turn, and the Red Mage quickly commits suicide.

Screenshot_20170420-104606_zpsmx6jenod.p

Turn 2:

Spoiler

The Lance Knight takes the Red Mage's place. Have Jaffar retreat, and F!Robin go up to attack.

Screenshot_20170420-104613_zps3nkfcul3.p

Using Sully's Drag Back, Reposition into Planet Dance.

Screenshot_20170420-104623_zpsjjflidkw.p

Turn 3:

Spoiler

The Lance Knight will move down a tile, so continue to kite him.

Screenshot_20170420-104646_zpspftx02uv.p

Turn 4:

Spoiler

Finally, the Knight will be in kill range. The Blue Mage is also in range to attack, which is perfect.

Screenshot_20170420-104701_zpsymyvmolh.p

After that's dealt with, move everyone else out of the Blue Mage's range. Sully should be below F!Robin, so that the Axe Knight chooses to Swap (I think).

Turn 5:

Spoiler

Ignis allows F!Robin to kill the Blue Mage handily.

Screenshot_20170420-104843_zpsrmjb4czq.p

At this point, the Axe Knight will Swap to protect Zephiel. Have F!Robin, attack, and kite with Draw Back some more.

Screenshot_20170420-104910_zpsgkqrehr5.p

Turn 6:

Spoiler

Continue to attack and Draw Back.

Screenshot_20170420-104948_zpsjjpl6su3.p

Turn 7:

Spoiler

Eventually you'll be a bit cornered, but that's okay. Have Jaffar chip out the Knight. With Death Daggers effects, Jaffar ends up dealing 14 damage in total, and also reduces the Knight's Res juuuust enough for F!Robin to kill.

Screenshot_20170420-105043_zpsopiw1bly.p

Screenshot_20170420-105053_zpsu31reesa.p

No screenies from here on out, sorry. Have Sully bait Zephiel. Swordbreaker will break Wary Fighter, allowing Sully to double attack for some good damage.

Turn 8:

Spoiler

Chip the man out with Jaffar (and F!Robin if needed), then have Sully finish the deed.

Aaaand there we go. Challenge compree.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy