Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, I used her in my strat too. Mine was also +Atk, and she did 19*2 I believe, without Hone Atk. With Hone Attack she can crack Wary Fighter for an easy finish by your mage. She can actually survive Reprisal just fine if she's the first one to attack on Player Phase, iirc.

I ran the numbers and only got 16*2 (36*1.4=50.4, Zephiel has 34 defense), but even then with full HA/RA buff Sully does 44 damage total to him which still cracks Wary Fighter which is pretty cool.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everyone is welcome to take the challenge. Proving that low-tier characters are not useless!

Also... I didn't realize Hinoka was only A-tier.

I didn't realize until I checked, either. Was certainly convenient that I didn't need to train up Gordin!

I used a -Atk Klein to do Hinoka's job (+ taking the blue mage too) in one of my other strats so Gordin can probably replicate it with some buffs.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I ran the numbers and only got 16*2 (36*1.4=50.4, Zephiel has 34 defense), but even then with full HA/RA buff Sully does 44 damage total to him which still cracks Wary Fighter which is pretty cool.

My memory might be fuzzy then.

6, 9 it's just a matter of perspective.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She's a Blue Lance. I called her red Cav because of her armor.

I meant "when I pull Sully, I don't even remember she's part of the red-green pair (or that her armor is red, even) because I'm so numbed to her presence". That and I don't even remember Stahl exists.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I meant "when I pull Sully, I don't even remember she's part of the red-green pair (or that her armor is red, even) because I'm so numbed to her presence". That and I don't even remember Stahl exists.

Cold af, true to your name

37 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Everyone picking up the forgotten Red Cav Sully ayyy (even though all she did was Drag Back...)

I remember her.........................For sword breaker anyway ha

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't even remember Kellam exists.

Yeah, me neither

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Kellam exists??? He's a secret pull???

Total jk

Lmao they should put him in though. And he could have some unique skill playing off the unnoticeable trope

EDIT: actually, just make him a lance-using armor-wearing ninja lol

Edited by Big Smoke

I think they'll make a banner with only three Focus units in it someday, but there's actually Kellam as the fourth in there, just unannounced.

But to get back on topic, I've been trying to come up with a strat that does not require Drag Back or Reposition, and it's not going very well. People who don't die to the Knights die to the mages so easily.

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think they'll make a banner with only three Focus units in it someday, but there's actually Kellam as the fourth in there, just unannounced.

But to get back on topic, I've been trying to come up with a strat that does not require Drag Back or Reposition, and it's not going very well. People who don't die to the Knights die to the mages so easily.

I'm not sure it's feasible without some kind of positioning skill, but if you just wanted to discount Drag Back (or did you mean Draw Back? I've seen both used to great effect on this map) or Reposition specifically, I believe I saw a few videos of people using Shove a lot instead. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm not sure it's feasible without some kind of positioning skill, but if you just wanted to discount Drag Back (or did you mean Draw Back? I've seen both used to great effect on this map) or Reposition specifically, I believe I saw a few videos of people using Shove a lot instead. 

This is like, the third time I got called out on Drag/Draw Back I think. I can't get it out of my head. But I meant the Assist, which should be Draw Back.

Shove could work, but I guess it's easier to run out of space.

We need to do it with zero positioning skills. A STRATEGY TO SURPASS ALL STRATS

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This is like, the third time I got called out on Drag/Draw Back I think. I can't get it out of my head. But I meant the Assist, which should be Draw Back.

Shove could work, but I guess it's easier to run out of space.

Walk the Wall of Fire and Sharp Things at them and watch them crumble.

I think the only way to reliably do a run without repositioning assist skills is to be able to kill everything in one round of combat (or on the following counterattack) or have Drag Back to pull enemies out of position so that you can pile onto them.

The enemies here are so slow moving that I imagine it'd probably be possible to get it with one ranged mage killer, two different tanks, and a Rehabilitate healer. Kill the mages, then use an appropriate tank to bait one knight up. Due to enemy Swap, this'll involve rotating both tanks a lot to keep their health up and chip the enemy. Once a knight is low enough, everyone who can safely jump him does so. And, of course, Rehab would require using a 4* and I don't know how far above 3* you guys want to go to avoid refreshers or repositioning skills.

30 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Such a lust for strategy! WHOOOO!? :P

Would it be possible to murder the red mage to start, somehow bait the blue mage to get murdered, and then wall the knights? Might need a healer to do this since there's no way to actually cover all 3 knights with 2 units unless one of the ranged units had Close Counter and high def and Wary Fighter prevents you from nuking them. 

The strategy I came up with could work without Reposition -- I just wanted to use Selena --, but if Dance counts as postioning which it probably does, then no.

Edit: Also needs inherited skills, so, if that's not allowed, then another no.

Edited by Kaden

My main team is always 5* Nino, Sanaki and Ephraim and then my fourth is a silver unit or any useful unit.

I tried several times replacing Michalis with Clarine for heals, but not even that helped me bait the red made out.

I eventually gave up and started leveling my bronze Zephiel, then I mistakenly did the same map for 4* Zephiel again, but this time I had a useless 3* Zephiel on my team with absolutely nothing to do, Nino, Sanaki and Ephraim, and this was the one time it worked and I was able to bait the red mage completely and then finish him, so I could move on to kill the blue mage rather easily. I don't know how it happened especially considering I followed the exact same steps as in my previous fights, but it worked. Finally got Zephiel 4 stars after several attempts to to bait that red mage; looks like Zephiel is so evil he defies gameplay mechanics.

Spoiler

58fa7e51c768f_ZephielisEvil.png.16c2dc3382643f9a5036fee0f04b2127.png

Yay.

Edited by Altina

One of the easier GHBs for me. Took quite a few tries to get it right but I got it within a couple hours of it releasing. No skill inheritance, three 4*s and only one 5*, two of them free units.

My Team:

4* Ursula

4* Gunter

4* Jagen

5* Young Tiki

Gunter and Jagen buff up Ursula so she can easily take out the Red mage. She needs the +1 Spd Skill seal to double the mage.

Tiki tanks and easily defeats the green knight.

After that, Ursula and Tiki will have their activation area damage skills ready to go. Using Ursula's then Tiki's skills on Zephiel defeats him without Zephiel getting a single chance to attack!

After that, it's just clean up.

Video:

@Ice Dragon I suspect that a similar strategy might work for your challenge, but with 5* Eliwood instead of Young Tiki (since your challenge only allows A+ tier or lower units). So basically Horse Emblem. Unfortunately I don't have a 5* Eliwood to test it out. 5* Eliwood I think would be needed because of the extra damage from Durandal would be necessary, 4* Eliwood wouldn't be enough.

But enemy unit movements might differ significantly enough simply changing out one unit, so I can't theorycraft to account for that.

Also, how do Axebreaker and Wary Fighter interact? One prevents follow up attacks, the other guarantees one. What happens in a situation where both should activate?

Edit: After testing, if the Breaker unit has 5 more speed than the Wary Fighter unit, they would still attack the Wary Fighter unit twice.

Edited by XaosLogos

1 minute ago, XaosLogos said:

Also, how do Axebreaker and Wary Fighter interact? One prevents follow up attacks, the other guarantees one. What happens in a situation where both should activate?

The effect that prevents follow-up attacks and the effect that forces a follow-up attack negate each other and the Weaponbreaker unit gets a follow-up attack if its Spd is at least 5 greater than the Wary Fighter unit. The Wary Fighter unit is still prevented from using a follow-up attack regardless of its Spd (because both Weaponbreaker and Wary Fighter are still active on it and both prevent follow-up attacks).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Walk the Wall of Fire and Sharp Things at them and watch them crumble.

I think the only way to reliably do a run without repositioning assist skills is to be able to kill everything in one round of combat (or on the following counterattack) or have Drag Back to pull enemies out of position so that you can pile onto them.

or have a Priscilla and get M Corrin to tank for days 8)

tbh though my strategy wasn't reliable at all and i'm pretty sure i accidentally somewhat intentionally manipulated the AI in a way that i could win. the armors randomly swapping about also helped. if only they knew how to swap BEFORE attacking. they could've swapped Zephiel around to slaughter Cherche, or swap the mage in to slaughter Cherche, but nah. skill is so wasted on the AI.

13 minutes ago, XaosLogos said:

@Ice Dragon I suspect that a similar strategy might work for your challenge, but with 5* Eliwood instead of Young Tiki (since your challenge only allows A+ tier or lower units). So basically Horse Emblem. Unfortunately I don't have a 5* Eliwood to test it out. 5* Eliwood I think would be needed because of the extra damage from Durandal would be necessary, 4* Eliwood wouldn't be enough.

But enemy unit movements might differ significantly enough simply changing out one unit, so I can't theorycraft to account for that.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The effect that prevents follow-up attacks and the effect that forces a follow-up attack negate each other and the Weaponbreaker unit gets a follow-up attack if its Spd is at least 5 greater than the Wary Fighter unit. The Wary Fighter unit is still prevented from using a follow-up attack regardless of its Spd (because both Weaponbreaker and Wary Fighter are still active on it and both prevent follow-up attacks).

I just tested things out myself. Some interesting interactions here with Wary Fighter, Axebreaker, and Brave weapons.

Eliwood attacks the knight twice, the knight attacks twice if he he initiates the attack because of the Brave weapon. So it works as you say.

With that in mind, I believe Eliwood at 5*, Ursula, Gunter, and Jagen should work. The key was whether Eliwood could perform the role that Tiki did in the video, taking on the green Knight in that spot. Since it turns out he can attack twice both attacking and being attacked, I think it would work with 5* Eliwood with the +4 atk bonus he gets from Durandal when attacking and the +6 atk he gets from Gunter's Hone Cavalry.

I can't 100% confirm because I don't have 5* Eliwood and don't want to dump 20k feathers for it but in theory I think this team would work.

1 minute ago, XaosLogos said:

With that in mind, I believe Eliwood at 5*, Ursula, Gunter, and Jagen should work. The key was whether Eliwood could perform the role that Tiki did in the video, taking on the green Knight in that spot. Since it turns out he can attack twice both attacking and being attacked, I think it would work with 5* Eliwood with the +4 atk bonus he gets from Durandal when attacking and the +6 atk he gets from Gunter's Hone Cavalry.

I can't 100% confirm because I don't have 5* Eliwood and don't want to dump 20k feathers for it but in theory I think this team would work.

As it turns out, I have Eliwood, Ursula, and Gunter all at 5 stars. I don't have Jagen trained, but perhaps I can manage with someone else (or just train a 4-star Jagen).

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As it turns out, I have Eliwood, Ursula, and Gunter all at 5 stars. I don't have Jagen trained, but perhaps I can manage with someone else (or just train a 4-star Jagen).

Cool. Well, let me know if it works.

I used 4* Ursula, Gunter, and Jagen with my Tiki strat, so 5*s would only make it better. 5* Ursula won't need the +1 Speed seal which 4* Ursula does need so it could be done without any skill seals too.

4* Jagen should be fine, he's there mostly to give the defensive buffs to other cavalry and maybe deal with the blue mage with his high res. He might be the one to finish Zephiel off here instead of Tiki.

It's crucial for Ursula to get her activation skill on him first so whatever melee unit ends up attacking him can take him out with one hit. I believe 5* Ursula would take Zephiel to 13 health if she uses Growing Thunder on him.

I might try horse power myself, actually...thinking about Leo, Gunter, Cecilia/Ursula, and Sully for that. idk though. I'd have to level Leo first, but AoE (that strangely shaped area might be a little weird though) + Savage Blow seems pretty interesting.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The enemies here are so slow moving that I imagine it'd probably be possible to get it with one ranged mage killer, two different tanks, and a Rehabilitate healer. Kill the mages, then use an appropriate tank to bait one knight up. Due to enemy Swap, this'll involve rotating both tanks a lot to keep their health up and chip the enemy. Once a knight is low enough, everyone who can safely jump him does so. And, of course, Rehab would require using a 4* and I don't know how far above 3* you guys want to go to avoid refreshers or repositioning skills.

We could just unequip the repositioning skills, like how I used Olivia with no Dance.