Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

A general question for people who used healers in their Zephiel run: If you could go back and do one of the previous GHB's with those same conditions, would you consider running a Rehabilitate user? If so, how would it work?

Eh.  I think I would've gotten the same results if Lucius was another two-range character with Breath of Life.  Leo needed something like 2 HP to survive the axe knight.

With careful positioning, I think it would be plenty doable without healing, let alone Rehabilitate!

16 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

So, after two days' worth of grinding and heated discussion, the Strategists Three have come to present you with our results, @Ice Dragon.

Five others managed to finish the challenge before we did, though. Congratulations @SatsumaFSoysoy, @LordFrigid and @wizzard of soz! Your runs gave us quite a few ideas to work with in making our own.

Here is the album showing my iteration of the challenge, cleared in 7 Turns.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

How rude! :P:

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

D̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶?̶

4 hours ago, Pimalai said:

Got it. M!Robin, Julia (they did all the work), Olivia and Erika for buffing and draw back. Dance and positioning skills were the key here.

I used a team very similar to this lol 

It seems mages were the major key in this one. I feel like they should find a way to make it harder cause with Skill inheritance, these battles don't seem to be too hard to complete

At the same time, some people may struggle more than others, but I'd be pretty hype if I could get a 5 star version of Xander heh heh

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

did say five people completed the challenge, but I just mentioned those who finished it by the time we finished our own, posting times be damned.

Spoiler

Don't hurt us pls

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

As soon as eclipse grabs her weapon, you're toast!

NEk0omU.png

With the recent announcement of reruns of Robin's and Navarre's battles, I wonder whether there will eventually be a way to +1 all those limited characters.

Edited by Vaximillian

I have to wonder why Navarre is getting a rerelease so soon (he was released earlier this month FFS) when Narcian is the first ever unit to be released in a Grand Hero Battle (he was released just shy of 2 weeks after the game's release and a lot of players struggled or missed out on his maps simply because fewer units were available, a lot of players were learning the game, training their heroes, or were still rerolling, and the map heavily emphasizing using a strong flier unit such as Camilla that can ORKO the archer).

lel at the Twitter message encouraging players who already cleared the maps to redo them. Players would probably redo the maps if they can actually get additional copies of the maps' heroes, even at lower rarities, or if there were some other incentive like a quest requirement.

Edited by Roflolxp54

20 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'd only re-do the Robin-F and Navarre maps if it means I can earn even more copies of them. Otherwise, not bothering.

There were implications that there may be other rewards for completing it.

I'm hoping for some more orbs

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Odin's not working LOL

I just fricking knew it

Yup

I knew he just stank too much

Welp! at least now you have some fodder for Blarblade + Horse Emblem (Or moonbow if you don't swing that way)

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I just fricking knew it

Yup

I knew he just stank too much

Welp! at least now you have some fodder for Blarblade + Horse Emblem (Or moonbow if you don't swing that way)

You know you're bad when you're doing less damage than F!Robin even after buffing

Wow, this one was very easy! Linde was able to kill near everything on the map with some help of Olivia, but I still wanted to let Leo and Oboro to shine for a bit, and I used them too... I even let Oboro to take damage just to let her use Ignis on Zephiel! Here is a video I took while playing, I let Oboro to finish the map with Ignis just for fun :P (but Linde could finish it more quickly)

Edited by SniperGYS

I had to go through many attempts to finish this one and figure out that raw power doesn't mean much (every unit of mine was one shot by anything that touched them, except my mages vs other mages, which died with two/three hits). Cleared it with a level 37 Easter!Lucina, level 40 Sophia with Draw Back (don't ask me why I gave it to her) and Michalis, and a level 32 Ninian. Hit the armors and ran from the mages (because of their bs special move) with Ninian's dancing and Draw Back, and eventually it was cleared. I just needed a strong green unit to finish off the blue mage, and Michalis did the job perfectly. It was difficult but-

Wow, this one was very easy!

I cry everytime

Edited by Rapier

Phew just finish the 4* fight. Hate cutting it so close but when you have a busy weekend and the red mage and blue armor hating your Robin M.  It takes a while.  So I ended up beating this bad boy with a team of 5* Robin F, 4* Abel, 5* Lucina, and 3* Olivia.  All Level 40.  Robin F pretty much did all the work here.  With Olivia's dance and the stat increase from her and Lucina. Robin F took out Blue Mage, Blue Armor, and Green Armor. When she took a hit Lucina heal her with Reciprocal Aid. The tough part was waiting for the right moment to send Abel to kill the annoy Red Mage. Thank you brave lance.  After that Zephiel flew to combo attack of Robin F and Abel finish him off with his Brave Lance.

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

did say five people completed the challenge, but I just mentioned those who finished it by the time we finished our own, posting times be damned.

Reveal hidden contents

The Strategists Three is about to turn into the Strategists One and a Half, as soon as I learn how to safely break the laws of physics. :P:

15 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I used a team very similar to this lol 

It seems mages were the major key in this one. I feel like they should find a way to make it harder cause with Skill inheritance, these battles don't seem to be too hard to complete

At the same time, some people may struggle more than others, but I'd be pretty hype if I could get a 5 star version of Xander heh heh

You're not going to get off that easy. :P:

This map featured three armors, so hitting their weaker defensive stat makes sense.  Plus, armors are mostly one-range (I don't see an enemy Hector on this map), so attacking from a distance is vital to winning.

Now, if someone wanted to do a full melee team. . .good luck with that.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Now, if someone wanted to do a full melee team. . .good luck with that.

Full melee is... very easy on this map, because armors suck nads. The team only needs: someone to kill the mages, a reposition unit, and then 3 people with T-Adept. (Selena, Arthur, Donnel, and Subaki will do nicely.)

Donnel to murder both mages, reposition units swap him out of the way and tank brave weapons. 1 move means armors can't go after the people they have advantage against, and are forced to suicide while doing 0 damage.

Reprisal is literally the only dangerous thing on the map.

Edit: Note that you'll need to be careful with positioning, Donnel needs to start out of range of the mages so armors don't swap them. You reposition him closer with Selena, and use Subaki or Arthur's swap to get him out of danger. Donnel even has reciprocal aid for a full heal if needed (2, actually, Arthur has so business taking damage on this map, so he can reciprocal Arthur after he used it once to heal himself, and then heal either Selena or Subaki.)

Edited by DehNutCase

I tried to clear the hard version of the map for a friend, but her team wasn't up to the challenge and so I couldn't do it. If her Olivia had dance I might've managed, but she didn't know dance (or had enough SP to learn it) and most of her strongest characters are physical red units. Her male Corrin may have been able to beat the map with healer assistance, but without a dancer he was kind of screwed.

So yeah, mages and dancers/things with repositioning abilities seem like a must for this map.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I tried to clear the hard version of the map for a friend, but her team wasn't up to the challenge and so I couldn't do it. If her Olivia had dance I might've managed, but she didn't know dance (or had enough SP to learn it) and most of her strongest characters are physical red units. Her male Corrin may have been able to beat the map with healer assistance, but without a dancer he was kind of screwed.

So yeah, mages and dancers/things with repositioning abilities seem like a must for this map.

I had to level up an Olivia with shards/crystals to get the sp to dance when I went against... I think it was Narcian's map... for the first time, a while ago. Might be worth doing that if it happens in the future :)

Definitely advise your friend to train Olivia up even a little bit though!

Made an account cause I wanted to join the challenge but it didn't get approved until after zephiel ended rip. 

For the challenge I used Cecilia (+atk w/ gronnblade) + Gunter with Sophia and Rebecca

Had to inherit reposition onto Sophia and Rebecca is gold but managed to do it with only rebecca Max levelled 

Horse Emblem OP!

• 1 month later...

I have a 5* Sharena with swordbreaker, so that quest went down pretty fast. Getting Zephiel to kill himself was the harder one, but I managed it chipping with Olwen.

Olivia+Reinhardt wiped house with everyone else, as is standard procedure. 

The rest of the enemies are pretty easy to manipulate, but getting the enemy Zephiel's HP low enough for him to finish himself off was tough. The first time I tried, I had Julia hit him twice and ended up with his HP low enough that either she or Camus would kill him in another hit, so I had to have Zephiel finish the job, but while he seemed to have enough HP to survive an enemy phase Reprisal (player phase would've meant he'd hit harder due to lower HP), I forgot about the Threaten Def 2 on his weapon. Although I don't think there was a way out of that anyway. Second time, I tried to have Camus weaken him on enemy phase to avoid setting off a lethal Reprisal, but I forgot about Camus having Vantage. Third time, Julia managed to get another attack earlier in the battle (fighting the axe armor, I think, since I didn't let Zephiel fight it this time to conserve his HP), so she was able to activate Dragon Fang and put the enemy Zephiel into the right HP range to finally pull it off.

That took up a lot of my Tempest Trials stamina, though.

My favourite thing to do now is bringing Celica to all these old GHBs and watching her trivialise them. Beat all 4 quests in 2 runs of the lunatic map with Celica/Ninian/Michalis/required unit (Zephiel or Sharena)