Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

My favourite thing to do now is bringing Celica to all these old GHBs and watching her trivialise them. Beat all 4 quests in 2 runs of the lunatic map with Celica/Ninian/Michalis/required unit (Zephiel or Sharena)

What's your setup on Celica?  Any inherited skills?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I had to use Zephiel anyways, I decided to bring my full armor team, but with Sharena instead of Ninian (because dancing is unnecessary when all of your opponents are so slow).

As long as I'm attacking at advantage, Zephiel is the only enemy unit that can even damage my own armors. That said, that was probably the slowest slaughterhouse ever, in more ways than one.

Now to get me that +2 Zephiel...

Shit, now I have to actually train up my Sharena so she can scratch Zephiel for a kill. She's still 2* so this is gonna take more stamina away from grinding Tempest than I'd like.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Shit, now I have to actually train up my Sharena so she can scratch Zephiel for a kill. She's still 2* so this is gonna take more stamina away from grinding Tempest than I'd like.

You can run Hone/Rally and Spur Atk for +8 Atk. You can also use Story 9-2 Lunatic for some more lenient restrictions.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can run Hone/Rally and Spur Atk for +8 Atk. You can also use Story 9-2 Lunatic for some more lenient restrictions.

Yeah I'll probably give that a shot. This is my punishment for still neglecting my Askr trio.

Just did Mkv's strat where he has zephiel sit in a corner, only I had Sharena sit in that corner instead. The AI changed to be a bit more aggressive however, and I only clutched the kill with her thanks to Draconic Aura. I'll probably end up passing on the orb for killing Zephiel with Zephiel. I need that stamina.

So here's a very specific and narrow nugget of info I came upon while doing my runs today. An unbuffed, +Atk, Deathblow 2 Reinhardt leaves Lunatic Zephiel with 2 hp. Might be useful for someone who still needs those kills for the quests. 

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah I'll probably give that a shot. This is my punishment for still neglecting my Askr trio.

You can bring multiple Spurs, too, for up to +12 Atk (coordinating that formation might be a bit weird, though). If you've got any spare TA fodder lying around, could be also worth considering.

1 hour ago, Eridras said:

So here's a very specific and narrow nugget of info I came upon while doing my runs today. An unbuffed, +Atk, Deathblow 2 Reinhardt leaves Lunatic Zephiel with 2 hp. Might be useful for someone who still needs those kills for the quests. 

Just watch out if Rein has a non-AoE Special. I ended up using this method and almost screwed up the second time because I used him to snipe a few too many enemies and had Luna charged. Luckily, I'd thought to bring a Pain user as a back-up strat, so a couple extra turns with Reposition shenanigans allowed me to soften him up enough for my own Zephiel to finish things.

8 hours ago, JJ48 said:

What's your setup on Celica?  Any inherited skills?

+Atk -HP

Inherited Draconic Aura, Reciprocal aid, Spd +3, Wings of Mercy and Threaten Res. (Those aren't her only skills, just the ones I used on that level)

My 3* 40 Zephiel managed to off himself on the story map, but I'm struggling with the Lunatic map. Nino/Linde/Olivia is my current plan.

I'm just grateful my Sharena is already optimised. If I wasn't gunning for Nino's promotion right now, Alfie and Anna would be next.

The Sharena quest is actually pretty manageable. Unbuffed lv 40 3* Sharena deals 12 damage x 2 to Zephiel, so if you kill everything else with mages/dance/reposition, it's not hard to chip him down to 12 or less health. Zephiel is a bit more risky as you will have to survive a Retribution attack.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

The Sharena quest is actually pretty manageable. Unbuffed lv 40 3* Sharena deals 12 damage x 2 to Zephiel, so if you kill everything else with mages/dance/reposition, it's not hard to chip him down to 12 or less health. Zephiel is a bit more risky as you will have to survive a Retribution attack.

Mine was only Lvl 28 4* and I didn't want to use stamina to raise her... so I just gave her a heavy lance after using crystals to get her as high as possible (35). That seemed to do the trick for me, although the forced raised instead of training is likely to hurt me in the long run >.< My own fault for neglecting her - Anna and Alfonse are nicely up to 40. Didn't expect her to have to take out a level 40 one, though...

• 8 months later...

Infernal Zephiel is here.

Screenshot_20180310-140200.png

He and the lance knight both have Armour March. Both brave knights have Atk/Res Bond, both axe knights have Ward Armour, and the slaying axe knight has Svalinn Shield.

Edited by Vaximillian

And finished Infernal. Used my ReinLyn + 2 dancers team:
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Life and Death 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk Smoke 3
+3 +Atk/-Def Performing Azura: Wings of Mercy
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Wings of Mercy

Reinhardt w/ Hone Cavalry buff is unable to ORKO Zephiel without Swordbreaker and he will get hurt doing so (he lived with only a few HP left). Aside from that, the battle is pretty simple as long as the units stay out of enemy range. Generally, Reinhardt focuses on the armor knights while Brave Lyn guns down the mages.

Genny and Micaiah laugh really hard at Infernal. Gravity+ makes Armor March moot and then Micaiah is free to do tons of damage to the armors who can only swap like sitting ducks. 

Now if I could find a way to make Zephiel kill himself in Lunatic....

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Now if I could find a way to make Zephiel kill himself in Lunatic....

I don't recall it being too bad last time this ran, but easiest way is probably AA in the morning once people have gotten a chance to switch up their defense teams. Unless, of course, you're talking about something else entirely.

Well, armor march caught me off-guard, but even with that little misstep, infernal wasn't bad. Rein can still do hefty damage to even the axe cavs and dancer + reposition make avoiding their range pretty easy.

Finished the Alfonse vs. Zephiel quest (uses Lunatic map):
ReinLyn combo to take out the other enemy units. Brave Lyn weakens Zephiel.
Swordbreaker Azura is brought in to weaken Zephiel though she doesn't fight him at all.
5* Alfonse: Reposition, Bonfire, Swordbreaker 3, Close Defense 3 (finishes off Zephiel)

Finished Zephiel mirror quest (uses Lunatic map):
+HP/-Spd Genny: Atk +3, Savage Blow 3, Savage Blow 1
4* Zephiel: Swap
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia
5*+10 Reinhardt: the usual set

Reinhardt KOs most of the units. Genny weakens and chips at Zephiel and nearby units to the point that my 4* Zephiel can safely finish off the boss Zephiel.

Lunatic Armor Emblem clear (tried to get Zephiel the kill but failed):
4* Zephiel: Swap, Hone Armor
5*+2 +HP/-Spd Sheena: +Def Slaying Axe+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor
5* +Atk/-Spd Gwendolyn: +Def Slaying Axe+, Swap, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3
+2 +Atk/-HP Love Lyn: +Def Blarowl+, Swap, Iceberg, Close Counter, Renewal 3, Quick Riposte 3

Edited by Roflolxp54

Flier Emblem got wrecked (though maybe a well-built Palla might be the trick), so I went and did the obvious thing and just used Reinhardt. Reinhardt +2, Bowlyn (summoner support), Olivia 4*+10, Bridelyn.

Nothing fancy strat-wise, standard build Reinhardt starts by taking out the Lance and then it's just slowly retreating while picking off units as they come, Ruby+ Olivia doing the hard yakka by tanking both axes while dancing. I thought Bridelyn's weapon might be useful here but I didn't end up using it at all, ended up just being there to patch up Olivia.

Beat Infernal with Grima/Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/Ninian. Took several tries, but eventually I found a way to make sure Grima survived aggroing the mages and armors, and then Reinhardt and Brave Lyn killed stuff while keeping just out of range via Reposition and Ninian-dances.

Beat Zephiel with Alfonse/Zephiel quests were easy enough too, since Wary Fighter kept Brave Lyn from killing him so the swordy could take on a weakened Zephiel.

And then I did the all-armored (I really should've read the quest detail, I ended up doing all-infantry first with M!Morgan/Nino/Ninian/Genny, which was more difficult than the actual armor-quest, primarily because I didn't have Grima to counter everything, but also because my team was made of squishies and Morgan, who cannot counter at close range, so I didn't have anyone who could take a hit from the armors besides maybe Ninian if Zephiel attacked her and had to really rely on Ninian and my mages' superior mobility over the armors to win) quest by having Grima get all the Armor-buffs and tank everything with Aether/Fierce Stance/Vengeful Fighter/Distant DEF 3 on Lunatic.

So Infernal notwithstanding, this one was pretty simple, like I vaguely recall it being the first time around.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I remember liking this these maps! I still like these maps! And I'm glad Zephiel finally got an infernal now that armors got some buffs. He was actually a bit scarier with Distant Counter. For quests, I ended up using Micaiah, Adult Tiki, and Myrrh with either Zephiel or Alfonse as the 4th unit to finish their respective quests. My neutral ATK Micaiah did just enough damage to give Alfie and Zephiel an easy time to clean him up. But Zephiel did need the ATK seal to avoid getting specialed to death.

For the armor quest, I used LA!Lyn, Hector, 4*+10 Effie (with Brave Lance), and Black Knight. The Black Knight really is an MVP. He ended up tanking the Brave Lance knight and took hardly any damage. 

For Infernal, I used Adult Tiki, Myrrh, Ninian, and Micaiah. The dragons had an easy enough time picking off the armors, but my TA3 Ninian had to tank one hit from Zephiel so Micaiah could safely finish him off. Micaiah is the best. She eats these maps up especially with double Distant Defense! 

Finished Infernal with my standard Triangle Adept dragons. Nothing special.

Finished the armor quest and Zephiel mirror quest on Lunatic with

+0 Zephiel [=] (Eckesachs, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Grima [+Atk, -HP] (Expiration, Swap, Ignis, Steady Breath, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Armored Boots)
+10 Amelia [+Spd, -HP] (Slaying Axe+ [Spd], Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3)

without much trouble.

Finished the Alfonse quest by switching out Zephiel for +0 Alfonse [=] (vanilla) and switched Grima to Bold Fighter 3 to prevent him from killing Zephiel with a double on enemy phase.

Now to see if Peri can even do this with all of the Wary Fighter everywhere.

Wary Fighter, Armor March, and DC...this guy was begging for the staff treatment.

Spoiler

Edit: I totally cheesed the KO with Alfonse/Zephiel quests by spamming Pain+ on Lunatic to get enemy Zephiel to 1HP. Poor guy.

Edited by LordFrigid