Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Very nice, Matthew one-rounds raven mages like nothing. He dealt a surprisingly high amount of zero damage blows (to buff/debbuf and charge special). Panic ploy would make this map indeed complicated for you. 

Genny is very good out of the box, I'm a little sad both of my copies are -ATK. 

On the bright side, you have Wrathful Staff fodder to give to your healer of choice. Wrys and Lucius are amazing RES tanks, Maria is the fastest, Sakura and Lissa have surprisingly good bulk (albeit a bit slow) and Serra is completely middle of the road. Then there's the cav healers who of course have access to horse buffs. Or you could just +1 that Genny and get a bit of the ATK back. You certainly have options.

Matthew not being +ATK here actually worked out because if he'd been able to kill that green armor at the beginning then Genny wouldn't have been able to get Gravity+ nonsense going. It's really interesting how important every single stat is on him. This is why I kept him neutral for as long as I did. Any other bane but -HP is absolutely not worth it in my eyes.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

On the bright side, you have Wrathful Staff fodder to give to your healer of choice. Wrys and Lucius are amazing RES tanks, Maria is the fastest, Sakura and Lissa have surprisingly good bulk (albeit a bit slow) and Serra is completely middle of the road. Then there's the cav healers who of course have access to horse buffs. Or you could just +1 that Genny and get a bit of the ATK back. You certainly have options.

Wrathful staff became a little less important with the refinements, I find Gravity+ to be more interesting to inherit. Every staff can get the wrathful effect now, even if the combination wrathful/dazzling is only possible with a Genny or Lyn (I happen to have two of both plus a spare Priscilla). I'm not sure who will get those skills, perhaps the next new healer unit introduced. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Matthew not being +ATK here actually worked out because if he'd been able to kill that green armor at the beginning then Genny wouldn't have been able to get Gravity+ nonsense going. It's really interesting how important every single stat is on him. This is why I kept him neutral for as long as I did. Any other bane but -HP is absolutely not worth it in my eyes.

At least you can switch refinements and seals to influence the outcome. Good luck getting the nature you wish for. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wrathful staff became a little less important with the refinements, I find Gravity+ to be more interesting to inherit. Every staff can get the wrathful effect now, even if the combination wrathful/dazzling is only possible with a Genny or Lyn (I happen to have two of both plus a spare Priscilla). I'm not sure who will get those skills, perhaps the next new healer unit introduced. 

Fingers crossed that it's Nanna. I'm not personally invested in her, but it would be nice to get Dazzling Staff into the general pool.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

At least you can switch refinements and seals to influence the outcome. Good luck getting the nature you wish for. 

+ATK/-HP is his endgame nature. Currently I have +SPD/-HP which is the next best thing and he definitely appreciates the boost. +10 Nino can't double him without the SPD+3 seal so that's pretty neat.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Fingers crossed that it's Nanna. I'm not personally invested in her, but it would be nice to get Dazzling Staff into the general pool.

Then I wouldn't need to sacrifice Lyn or Genny and I'd sit forever on their spare copies. ^^

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

+ATK/-HP is his endgame nature. Currently I have +SPD/-HP which is the next best thing and he definitely appreciates the boost. +10 Nino can't double him without the SPD+3 seal so that's pretty neat.

37 base SPD is fast, only +SPD Lon'qu and +SPD Mia could double him without skills/buffs/seals/refinements. 

Edited by mampfoid

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Then I wouldn't need to sacrifice Lyn or Genny and I'd sit forever on their spare copies. ^^

Who says sitting on premium fodder is a bad thing? You just never know when you'll need it. I've sat on my spare Hector for the longest and I still don't know if I'm going to give DC to Lukas or Chrom.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

37 base SPD is fast, only +SPD Lon'qu and +SPD Mia could double him without skills/buffs/seals/refinements. 

I'll definitely feel the drop when I change his nature, but those 4 points of ATK are simply too good to pass up. Matt could reach 50 ATK with that boon. 50.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

ll definitely feel the drop when I change his nature, but those 4 points of ATK are simply too good to pass up. Matt could reach 50 ATK with that boon. 50.

I usually choose SPD over ATK, do you really think those 4 ATK will change much? 

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Who says sitting on premium fodder is a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing, but it hurts a little to have too many candidates for spare BH!Lyn, BH!Ike, L!Ike and Celica and never decide anything ... 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I usually choose SPD over ATK, do you really think those 4 ATK will change much? 

4 ATK is a superboon, something few characters have and for a unit like Matt who desperately wants every single solitary point of ATK he can get, it's no contest that it's his best boon. Most units (like Mages) would prefer +SPD, but for Matthew it depends on what you're going for. For my purposes, he has enough SPD to avoid doubles already (also debuffs come into play there too) but he struggles to kill without multiple rounds of combat.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

It's not a bad thing, but it hurts a little to have too many candidates for spare BH!Lyn, BH!Ike, L!Ike and Celica and never decide anything ... 

The way I see something like that is that you're not careless. Chances are if you use the fodder just to have used it, a unit will come around that you really want to give it to and you'll regret your decision.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo - Another fabulous display. Wary Fighter armors + healers are some of the more annoying teams to face... I always forget how bulky Ayra is as well. She's kind of the best of both worlds it seems! I want her. Great work. I really enjoyed this GHB. 

Threw together a couple "for fun" clears, because I had nothing better to do with my stamina.

Caeda KOs everything. Honorable mention to Corrin (Enjoying Tradition).

Spoiler

I also refined the staff clear from before to only need Maria. Pain+ too strong.

Spoiler

How did anyone manage to do the armor quest for this? I wonder if I'm simply unable to, because I don't have any Hectors, or units like LA Lyn or Christmas Tharja. I don't have Effie either. And I don't really want to use them even if I did. Well, except for Hector. I'd be okay with using him. But I've never pulled him.

My 5 star armors are as follows, the bold being my main armor team:

Christmas Robin
Black Knight
Count Henry
Zombie Jakob

Christmas Lissa
Sheena
LA Eliwood
Arden

None of them are fully built except Christmas Robin, though, so I guess that could be an issue. But I did give all of them at least some SI. I'm just not a big fan of armors and don't think they're very good in general anyway due to their generally low Spd, low Res, and bad movement. Armor March doesn't even help enough.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo - Another fabulous display. Wary Fighter armors + healers are some of the more annoying teams to face... I always forget how bulky Ayra is as well. She's kind of the best of both worlds it seems! I want her. Great work. I really enjoyed this GHB. 

I'm late, but that's a missed opportunity as well. A Dazzling Healer with Gravity+/Fear+ and Physic with Heavenly Light would have made this a really frustrating map. And yeah Ayra's capability on both phases is one of the things that really helps her shine. She deserves her spot at the top.

17 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

@Zeo Nice run, no problem for your team with Matt tanking them all.

It's funny because this reminded me of FE7 where thiefs do basically no damage to generals and that's true to form here. Matt can't really do anything unless he procs a special or the army is debuffed, but he's so bulky he just acts as a debuffing wall that allows Genny to chip away at the armors. Killing Raven tomes that have advantage on him is a bonus though, just cause he's awesome like that.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

@Anacybele Curious, but are you trying to clear the armor quest on Infernal? Cause you only need to clear it on Lunatic which is easy

No, I'm doing it on lunatic. I still can't beat it with my armors.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Christmas Robin
Black Knight
Count Henry
Zombie Jakob

My armour team is H!Henry and the Black Knight everyone else was irrelevant and just there for it to be considered a full armour but counter killing the mages is your best bet after that just reposition and abuse WTA to counter kill the melee because they don't have armour march on their side but you should (and don't forget seals exist)

Edit: I just beat infernal after much frustration, gravity and double Savage blow really do cheese it 

Edited by Mackc2

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

My armour team is H!Henry and the Black Knight everyone else was irrelevant and just there for it to be considered a full armour but counter killing the mages is your best bet after that just reposition and abuse WTA to counter kill the melee because they don't have armour march on their side but you should (and don't forget seals exist)

Edit: I just beat infernal after much frustration, gravity and double Savage blow really do cheese it 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Boots seal. I should put it on BK. Only one or two of my armors have Repo though. And I'd fix that, but I have no more fodder for it.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Boots seal. I should put it on BK. Only one or two of my armors have Repo though. And I'd fix that, but I have no more fodder for it.

Just go with Swap on all your melee armours, since the objective is not to move away, but to expose the right one to the enemy. That, and giving Ward Armor (from 4* Draug) should cover the SI needs of almost any armoured unit.

If you're finding that your designated bait unit is running low on HP I guess you can consider inheriting a healing assist (Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice) to patch them up. This is especially true if you opt to bait the red mage with BK to start the fight, which is the common strategy (no idea how well Jakob would do it).

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just go with Swap on all your melee armours, since the objective is not to move away, but to expose the right one to the enemy. That, and giving Ward Armor (from 4* Draug) should cover the SI needs of almost any armoured unit.

If you're finding that your designated bait unit is running low on HP I guess you can consider inheriting a healing assist (Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice) to patch them up. This is especially true if you opt to bait the red mage with BK to start the fight, which is the common strategy (no idea how well Jakob would do it).

Okay, I think I have Swap fodder. But I don't think I have Ward Armor fodder. I kept sending my Draugs home because I didn't think he had anything I wanted...

And wouldn't the BK get slaughtered by the lance armor in front of the red mage?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I think I have Swap fodder. But I don't think I have Ward Armor fodder. I kept sending my Draugs home because I didn't think he had anything I wanted...

And wouldn't the BK get slaughtered by the lance armor in front of the red mage?

Yes he would, good thing the mage out ranges the lance armour so you can stand just at the edge of the mages range and counter kill it before removing the black knight next round (also don't forget that Henry has armour march and can bait the blue mage just fine)

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zephiel-Standard.png

If you're two spaces up from starting slot 3, you're in range of the mage but not the lancer.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Yes he would, good thing the mage out ranges the lance armour so you can stand just at the edge of the mages range and counter kill it before removing the black knight next round (also don't forget that Henry has armour march and can bait the blue mage just fine)

Alright. But then the blue mage is behind Zephiel who'd slaughter Henry... These are the kinds of obstacles I have trouble figuring my way around...

EDIT: Yeah, I see that now, Humanoid. Thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Alright. But then the blue mage is behind Zephiel who'd slaughter Henry... These are the kinds of obstacles I have trouble figuring my way around...

Just bait the red mage to start the fight. You can wait until later to bait the blue mage. The Axe knight has swap which he will use stupidly and eventually the mage will end up in bait range while being safe from both the axe and Zephiel.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Yeah, I see that now, Humanoid. Thanks.

If the blue mage is standing directly behind zephiel then you can move Henry back two spaces from zephiel so you should be out of his attack range but still in the mages 

(he isn't too important anyway just don't let him near the black knight)

Edited by Mackc2