Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Just bait the red mage to start the fight. You can wait until later to bait the blue mage. The Axe knight has swap which he will use stupidly and eventually the mage will end up in bait range while being safe from both the axe and Zephiel.

59 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

If the blue mage is standing directly behind zephiel then you can move Henry back two spaces from zephiel so you should be out of his attack range but still in the mages 

(he isn't too important anyway just don't let him near the black knight)

This all worked, but then Zephiel is just way too stat inflated. Even Robin can't beat him because I had to use Reciporical Aid. But maybe there's a way I can avoid that...

EDIT: I did! Robin barely lived the lance armor and Zephiel, but he and Henry managed to finish the job. Yay!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Good job, enjoy your orb 

I will! Now I don't know how to get Zephiel to kill a lv. 40 version of himself or Alfonse to kill a lv. 40 Zephiel. I want to do it in the story chapter he appears in since he's lv. 40 on lunatic there, but Alfonse is a blah unit and my Zephiel is only 4 star lv. 40...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I will! Now I don't know how to get Zephiel to kill a lv. 40 version of himself or Alfonse to kill a lv. 40 Zephiel. I want to do it in the story chapter he appears in since he's lv. 40 on lunatic there, but Alfonse is a blah unit and my Zephiel is only 4 star lv. 40...

You can also keep resetting Arena Assault to try to look for a lone Zephiel. I just put my Zephiel alone in a team just now, started an AA run, and the very first opponent was a lone, unarmed Zephiel.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

You can also keep resetting Arena Assault to try to look for a lone Zephiel. I just put my Zephiel alone in a team just now, started an AA run, and the very first opponent was a lone, unarmed Zephiel.

Yeah, I actually found a way to do it in story mode with Zephiel though. I kept healing him until he had Retribution ready and then bammo. Now to do it with Alfonse. I recently made Alfonse 5 star lv. 40, so this actually might be easier.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I actually found a way to do it in story mode with Zephiel though. I kept healing him until he had Retribution ready and then bammo. Now to do it with Alfonse. I recently made Alfonse 5 star lv. 40, so this actually might be easier.

Alfonso doesn't need the kill he just needs to be in the team... I think.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Alfonso doesn't need the kill he just needs to be in the team... I think.

Nope, just checked, Alfonse had to kill him. And that was actually easier. I finished those quests now, yayz!

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

It's funny because this reminded me of FE7 where thiefs do basically no damage to generals and that's true to form here. Matt can't really do anything unless he procs a special or the army is debuffed, but he's so bulky he just acts as a debuffing wall that allows Genny to chip away at the armors. Killing Raven tomes that have advantage on him is a bonus though, just cause he's awesome like that.

Indeed, it would be nice if there were more sources of close counter I would like to put one on my Matt but no Takumis in my inventory.

28 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Indeed, it would be nice if there were more sources of close counter I would like to put one on my Matt but no Takumis in my inventory.

I'm honored and amazed that my Matthew could have that kind of influence. Thanks a whole lot. Really need to get around to updating that Matthew topic honestly.

Also there is that Counter Banner that just popped up, but there are so many potentially great banners coming out this month it can be hard to choose one to pull from, especially with the Seasonal Heroes coming and those tend to generally define or reinvent the meta.

Edited by Zeo

On 3/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, Zeo said:

I'm honored and amazed that my Matthew could have that kind of influence. Thanks a whole lot. Really need to get around to updating that Matthew topic honestly.

Also there is that Counter Banner that just popped up, but there are so many potentially great banners coming out this month it can be hard to choose one to pull from, especially with the Seasonal Heroes coming and those tend to generally define or reinvent the meta.

I like people who use uncommon units and it's cool to see them in action, plus you were the one that pushed me to 5* Matt.

Yeah not sure if I want to roll for this, maybe I'll just randomly pull a Takumi when a colorless unit that I like comes out.

• 1 month later...

Arguably one of the easier GHBs nowadays.

Wind: Lyn Emblem
Water: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Earth: Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, PA Azura
Fire: Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, PA Olivia, Ninian

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Arguably one of the easier GHBs nowadays.

Wind: Lyn Emblem
Water: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Earth: Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, PA Azura
Fire: Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, PA Olivia, Ninian

Was about to say the same. Kill the mages first and then proceed to take your time sniping the armors one by one

Still no changes to my blessing teams needed to solve the GHB elite quests.

But I can't do an One Turn clear of this map yet. I'd need a red unit that arrives to 59 ATK with a Brave sword, but without A-Skill and seal (occupied by Heavy Blade and QP seal), not to mention that I don't have Heavy Blade and Galeforce fodder currently. The other solution would need a WoM seal to enable Roy to equip WoM and Axebreaker simultaneously. 

This one was a piece of cake for all four teams, though it helps that I have strong mages (or dragons in the case of my earth team) on all of them.

Fire: Celica, Micaiah, Marisa, and Cherche. Really Micaiah and Celica did all the heavy lifting, Marisa and Cherche just repositioned them.

Wind: L'Rachel, H!Eirika, Camoo, and Titania. Again the mages did all the work.

Earth: F!Corrin, Myrrh, A!Tiki, and Ninian. All three non-dancers had to put in some work but they still managed with like a grand total of maybe 10 damage taken between them.

Water: Elincia, Tana, H!Nowi, and Airzura. My Tana has a slaying spear instead of her prf (with only one mage on this team I felt I could use the extra help against armor teams in the arena) which was helpful. No galeforce shenanigans and sing I don't think was even needed, though Airzura did enter combat a few times against some blues.

Pretty easy GHB time. Infernal was much rougher.

Wind: Camus, Xander, L'Arachel and Elise on this one. L'Arachel got to be MVP this time round.

Fire: Cecilia, Ursula, Eliwood and Titania did just fine without B!Lyn. Eliwood tanked the green axe despite being -Def (I wish this was a more common occurrence), Ursula wrecked the right side.

Water: Ayra, Arvis, Summelise and Fjorm take this one. At one point the mage made the mistake of taking Ayra down to low enough HP, because I could have tried to just wipe then all out with her below half health.

Earth: Springcina, Nephenee, Sonya and D!Ike take this one. D!Ike tanked both knights at one point, which was nice because I screwed up a bit and needed to stop the blazing thunder proc (RIP M!Robin) while Nephenee tanked Zephiel like a champ.

All 5 quest were pretty easy. My teams:

Wind: Gunnthrá, Xander, Camus and M!Grima.

Water: Fjorm, Marth, PA!Azura and Bride Lyn.

Earth: L!Like, Siegbert, Shiro and L' Arachel.

Fire: L!Ephraim, Brave Lyn, Brave Roy and LA!Lilina.

I blew through these, Zephiel is super easy for me now.  I think I will merge Zephiel at some point since he saved me more then once on in the early days of armor quests before BK came along.

What a joke, but I'll never say no to easy orbs. 

Wind: Micaiah, Y!Tiki, Raven, Klein. Micaiah practically soloed the map, the others were cheerleaders for her.

Earth: LA!Lyn, Hector, BK, Genny.

Water: Eirika, Cordelia, Fjorm, Sheena.

Fire: Reinhardt, Sigurd, Cecilia, Olivia.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:22 AM, Zeo said:

@mampfoid That was pretty awesome. Darn I probably could have done that with Matthew if I'd given him the right stuff, but nah probably not since I don't run multiple dancers. Funnily enough you could probably do that same thing with a healer if they had Pain+ and CC/Vantage.

@mcsilas @Johann @Fei Mao @DarkLordIvy @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Nosmur @DefaultBeep @Hilda @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Rezzy @Quintessence

I was lacking in time more than anything with this one. I beat it, but I didn't record and then I forgot how I did it and got busy over the weekend. Ended up wasting a couple of stamina potions but eventually remembered what I did. Matthew needed a bit of extra DEF in this one to withstand sustained combat vs Zephiel. Made me glad I went for that DEF refine on his dagger as he didn't really need the extra SPD this time around. 

While this may have been one of those GHBs where Ayra didn't do much, Genny was a key player. More and more am I seeing how amazing she is and how valuable Gravity+ is to have. She is definitely the MVP of this run and when I start merging up Serra she is 100% getting that staff. Honestly this GHB was a missed opportunity in my eyes though regardless. If any one of these armors had been running Panic Ploy the map could have been a literal nightmare but I feel like the devs put too much stock into Armor March. It toughened things up sure, but who says they can't run seals in GHBs too? I probably sound like a masochist suggesting something like that. I get the feeling they'll do it eventually though. Will be interesting when that time comes.

Anyways, enjoy the show~

@NegativeExponents- Throwing you a quick just-in-case tag because I didn't used to tag you and I already did the Zephiel, Arvis and Valter runs before Elite week.

Valter

Spoiler

Arvis 

Spoiler

Valter and Arvis both have significance because Arvis was the first run where Matthew had summoner support and as far as early low merge clears go, Valter is the cream of the crop.

Zephiel Lunatic is a trivial map because there is no Armor March on some of the armors and no Distant Counter on Zephiel. Only reason I didn't do the Earth Blessing bonus yet is because my barracks are full and I don't want to use orbs to expand them. Vanilla 4* Amaza, Vanilla 4* Arthur, regular Ike with Quick Riposte seal, and 5* Sharena with, Rally Attack, Moonbow, Swordbreaker, and Fury. clears this map. That's my Wind Blessing team because I thought they wouldn't matter except for the Blessed Gardens and just increasing SP gains. Took a few tries that would have burned plenty of stamina, but the map is doable with such a setup. 

Key point is to have Ike wipe out both the red and the blue mages and then everything else just matching triangle advantage. Azama's helps if Sharena doesn't have Attack +3 seal. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it’d be better to make a new post then edit the old one.

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas

What’s the best way of dealing with an army of tanky armors? Send in a squad of your frailest units! And a pain staff I guess. @Zeo I actually refined Fir’s Nameless Blade. I think in general I still prefer the spd refine but in this case she just needs to deal as much damage as possible to take out that red mage. In retrospect I should have turned off dancing animations since there’s so much of it. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

And with this I should just have Navarre, F!Robin, and Fallen Takumi left to go. I’ll have to wait extra for Takumi since he’s not part of the rotations though :>_<: Edit: forgot Narcian exists. I need him too.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@NegativeExponents- I turn off the support animations myself, weather I'm recording or not. I just think both videos and gameplay have a smoother flow without them on.

I was expecting Pain in this clear and that's exactly what I got! Bad puns aside this is generally how I see units like this beat Zephiel's tanky army. Lots of Kiting and chipping. Also sorry to hear the refine disappoints you, but without it you would have left the red mage with 2 HP so that's something. Also thought it was hilarious and poetic that Serra dealt exactly 1 damage to that blue mage at the end. Can't help but feel like you planned that.

@Zeo I usually leave it on just for the healers. It’s the only time their special art and quotes are used since they don’t activate in battle. Outside of that animations in general are almost always off.

Pain was pretty much the only option I had left outside of armor emblem. Pain alone wasn’t enough because enemies had armor march so gravity was needed too.

Eh, the refine is ok. It’s at least good to have for whenever I feel like changing things up a bit.

It did feel freaking good see Serra seal their fate with 1 damage. I wish I could take credit but there’s no way I can plan that far in advance.