Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo @mcsilas @DLNarshen @NegativeExponents- @Infinite Dreams @LordFrigid @tobuShogi (@Poimagic even if this one misses fliers)

With Zephiel I have the second GHB rotation completed in one turn (each):

Wow, this one gave me (wary) nightmares for some time. Olwen needed so many buffs/debuffs/supports to one-shot that green Knight. Blazing Light on Reinhardt was the only special which made Oscar one-round the blue Knight. 

My first clear without anyone of my core team (BH!Roy, Cherche, Cordelia), not even Elincia made it into the team this time. Horse buffs were crucial, so I could bring only Azura (with freshly inherited Spur ATK). 

@mampfoid More and more am I seeing the use of Spur ATK as I watch different videos. Putting in all those buffs to Olwen though, with her personal Blade tome and access to horse buffs I'm not sure a single other unit would have been able to do what she did, and I don't think she herself would have been able to do it had she been -ATK.

For all the stacking and calculations I'm sure went into this clear, you made it look astonishingly simple. Love the Oscar still, so unique. I've never seen a GF Oscar.

@mampfoid I didn’t notice that it was green Olwen at first =P . Congrats on the clear! Funny story, AoE Swordbreaker Reinhardt was one of my attempts too (this is also why Caeda had Smite on during the Narcian fight):

Spoiler

I also have one using Tana:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Wow, congrats on finally beating the Wary Fighters! That Grolwen pull was really lucky for you. Intersting to see AoE specials in your clear, and Oscar again is a nice addition to your team!

Thanks! It was about time to finish this. 

Olgreen is really great and she fills the niche of a green horse mage perfectly in my roster, since I never got +SPD Cecilia, my Gunnthrá is -SPD and Lilina is -ATK. I like also her art more than that of the others. 

Blazing Light was necessary to chip down the blue Knight, it may see some use in the future, but it's difficult to charge up. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

More and more am I seeing the use of Spur ATK as I watch different videos. Putting in all those buffs to Olwen though, with her personal Blade tome and access to horse buffs I'm not sure a single other unit would have been able to do what she did, and I don't think she herself would have been able to do it had she been -ATK.

Spur ATK is good and drive ATK even better, but couldn't use drive because all seal slots where occupied.

My -ATK LA!Linina would reach 1 more ATK with Gronnblade+ than Olgreen with her own tome. Which means I could have skipped either Summoner Support, Ally support or the third level of Death Blow. It was my original plan, but I'm happy I didn't need to give her such an big investment (Gronnblade+, Death Blow 3, Support, Hone cavalry, WoM), since she already had 4k HM. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

For all the stacking and calculations I'm sure went into this clear, you made it look astonishingly simple. Love the Oscar still, so unique. I've never seen a GF Oscar.

True, in the video you can see only the results, the very end of everything in 1-2 minutes, but I guess most people here know it's not that simple. 

Surprising that Oscar isn't more common, his offensive stats are quite good. He is like Peri with +1 SPD. 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid I didn’t notice that it was green Olwen at first =P . Congrats on the clear! Funny story, AoE Swordbreaker Reinhardt was one of my attempts too (this is also why Caeda had Smite on during the Narcian fight):

Reveal hidden contents

I also have one using Tana:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you, also congratulations to you! I can't confound Olwens, since I got only the green one. :-)

Caeda killing 3-4 units on enemy phase is always something worthy to behold. Your Reinhardt didn't even need Hone Cav, mine needed the SPD boost to quad Zephiel. Nice touch to make an alternate clear with Galeforce, it's still the skill I like to see/use the most. 

Great run. I've finished infernal Zephiel as well, but it was way more refined, and it was in part a bit of luck. At least I didn't have to prepare so crazily like I did with Saias XD

@mampfoid Almost no galeforce this time around. I was genuinely curious as to how Blazing Light would come into play and using it as a way to bypass wary fighter for Oscar to handle the knight was pretty ingenious. So much atk stacking going on with that Olwen and she still only barely managed to ohko the armor and even then only because he took a savage blow from Rein at the beginning. A very ambitious task but I’m glad you got through it.

• 3 weeks later...

@Frosty Savage blow is quite handy, I'm also abusing it for my one-turn clears to chip at hard-to-kill opponents. First time I see Lilinas new tome animation and Lenes refresh animation (I usually have support animations turned off), very nice. Congratulations to your clear! 

@Frosty Nice clear! Abusing Savage Blow is one of my favorite things to do. But dang... Lilina. I've just had her sitting in my barracks for a while... Built her up to 4*+10 because I had a lot of copies, and I've been tempted to upgrade one copy to give her Forblaze. I might just do it because it looks so cool.... 

@Frosty Lillina is ridiculous with that tome now. I have a +ATK one at +1 and I legit enjoy her enough to +10 her being completely honest. Fun stuff.

If I may make a suggestion though, you don't really need the support animations for recordings. It was cool this time because Lene is a new dancer, but otherwise I've learned it just pads the length of the video.

Edited by Zeo

• 3 months later...

very late to the party! @mampfoid

But Zephiel Infernal with the Askrtrio and Veronica useing no skill inheritance (surprisingly Veronica does 0 of the killing)

Actually had to nerf Alfonse by taking away his Sol, because it would him put out of Brazen atk/def range of Folkvangr.

Edited by Hilda

• 3 months later...

Not even Aether Raids to do today, so I went and did another Debuff team clear. Switched Ylgr out for Gunnthrá, even if she didn't get a kill in the end. 

SI: Reposition on Gunnthrá and Hrid, Glimmer on Laevatein. 

Laevatein gets some more spotlight this time. Wanted to kill the blue mage with Gharnef, but even with Ignis (and RES ploy) he fails to do so with 8 HP. 

Hrid needs DD3 seal to stay above 50% HP, because Laevatein needs his Chill against the Lance Knight. 

@daisy jane wish I had some CCs to do instead ^^

@Hilda @Landmaster  @Nanima Don't worry, this won't become a daily thing. From tomorrow we'll get a lot of exciting stuff to do ... I hope. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Not even Aether Raids to do today, so I went and did another Debuff team clear. Switched Ylgr out for Gunnthrá, even if she didn't get a kill in the end. 

SI: Reposition on Gunnthrá and Hrid, Glimmer on Laevatein. 

Laevatein gets some more spotlight this time. Wanted to kill the blue mage with Gharnef, but even with Ignis (and RES ploy) he fails to do so with 8 HP. 

Hrid needs DD3 seal to stay above 50% HP, because Laevatein needs his Chill against the Lance Knight. 

@daisy jane wish I had some CCs to do instead ^^

@Hilda @Landmaster  @Nanima Don't worry, this won't become a daily thing. From tomorrow we'll get a lot of exciting stuff to do ... I hope. 

Awesome seeing Laevatein tanking that Blue Amor with Hrid's help~ This team's got some great synergy~

@mampfoid Laevatein's Link skill is so useful. I am glad I managed to get a copy of her for myself. I am really liking your team. It's great to see the mix between tanking and nuking. Poor blue mage couldn't even count on his colour superiority to safe him from Laevatein. haha

On 10.12.2018 at 6:14 PM, Landmaster said:

Awesome seeing Laevatein tanking that Blue Amor with Hrid's help~ This team's got some great synergy~

Yep, the debuff theme works. 

On 10.12.2018 at 7:35 PM, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Laevatein's Link skill is so useful. I am glad I managed to get a copy of her for myself. I am really liking your team. It's great to see the mix between tanking and nuking. Poor blue mage couldn't even count on his colour superiority to safe him from Laevatein. haha

I do have a spare Laevatein. Do you have any ideas for her Link skill? Currently I'm more tempted to use her for the Wave skill. 

Glad you liked the team! Perhaps I'll do some more clears around the holidays if there is nothing else to do. (I'll finish my FE7/SoV runs first). 

• 2 weeks later...

@mcsilas @eclipse @mampfoid @Alexmender @Nanima @Baldrick @ruruo @daisy jane @Azuris @SatsumaFSoysoy @Fei Mao

Old Matthew Clear: 

Spoiler

Yeah so, serenes deleted my post when I tried to post it so, don't feel like typing all that again. So I'll make this short. Morgan nuked the map with some help from Priscilla. I probably could have done a similar thing with Matt's team back then, but Morgan's damage was a lot more valuable for a map like this than Matt's physical damage.

For the special clear we finally have our first FE6 themed clear. Pretty fitting that it comes after FE7's final clear. I built up Bartre for this one, there's not a single better map in the game to showcase him and really let him shine. Lillina actually needed the Fierce Stance seal + a Hone ATK to fullfil her role, but after that it was all Bartre. Zephiel didn't stand a chance.I hope you guys enjoy this one and those that played FE6 feel their nostalgia strings tugged on just a bit. (Even if no one used Bartre in FE6.)

Farewell, Zephiel.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Yeah so, serenes deleted my post when I tried to post it so, don't feel like typing all that again. So I'll make this short. Morgan nuked the map with some help from Priscilla. I probably could have done a similar thing with Matt's team back then, but Morgan's damage was a lot more valuable for a map like this than Matt's physical damage.

Ouch, lost megaposts are a big pain.

The start looked like the classic strategy chip & run, I'm glad you mixed in some CC/Vantage action by Morgan. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

For the special clear we finally have our first FE6 themed clear. Pretty fitting that it comes after FE7's final clear. I built up Bartre for this one, there's not a single better map in the game to showcase him and really let him shine. Lillina actually needed the Fierce Stance seal + a Hone ATK to fullfil her role, but after that it was all Bartre. Zephiel didn't stand a chance.I hope you guys enjoy this one and those that played FE6 feel their nostalgia strings tugged on just a bit. (Even if no one used Bartre in FE6.)

Ha, I knew we would get to see that Batre before the end! I looks fun how you make use of him, +SPD is almost never a bad choice. Brash Assault  actually had its use here even without Desperation. 

Also Fierce Stance, nice! Liked this one very much, even without having played FE6. 

Congrats!