Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sounds OP.

Unless that's a mosaic blur. Then sounds kinky.

Giggity

41 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

It's so kinky that you can't even see it.

Surprise it's just Kellam.

Kellam has always been on your team. He's a complimentary 5 star you get for starting the game!

44 minutes ago, Kiran said:

If IS really wanted to screw with us...they'll have the two armors accompanying Zephiel have distant counter :P 

It sucks that Zephiel has Wary Fighter, makes him harder to deal with as I can't nuke him with a high speed mage. But at the same time, it means we get a free wary fighter fodder! 

I'm actually kind of hoping he gets Life and Death at 4 stars as opposed to Wary Fighter. Either way, I'm still hyped.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm actually expecting a staff with Rehabilitate to take advantage of armored units' typically high HP.

Nah, they wouldn't do that... would they?

Also, if we're throwing strategies around early, then here's mine:

I'm going to assume that our starting positions on the map will be on the bottom, with Zephiel and Hone&Fortify Armors next to him at the very top of the map. I'm gonna bet on two mages being in the left and right areas on top, so that when the Armors and mages move up, they block you from immediately attacking the mages. There isn't a good way to force Zephiel into a chokepoint here, but we can assume that nobody will move until someone enters an enemy's range, so...

For my personal strategy, I'm gonna use Reinhardt/Frederick/Stahl/Ninian. Reinhardt will kill Zephiel on the first turn, and my other teammates will wait and get buffs. On Enemy Phase, the Armors and mages should move up. On my next turn, Reinhardt and Frederick will delete the other Armors, Ninian will dance for Reinhardt to delete a mage, and Stahl will tank the other mage (he's +HP/-RES, but he should probably live unless the mage is Blue or has 32 SPD or more) to prevent him killing Frederick. On Enemy Phase, Stahl will tank the mage. On my final turn, Reinhardt will delete the mage. Gimme my Zephiel.
Not sure that'll actually work, even if I'm right about enemy types and positions, but it's a starting point, I suppose.

@TheTuckingFypo If it's alright, I'd like to make a suggestion for tackling this map, which also assumes that I'm right about the enemy types and positions as I wrote above so it might not be really reliable:
Going off of your units, I say Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia (the 4-Star one)/Takumi could work. With Nino or Olivia's Hone ATK buff and WTA, and maybe an Olivia dance, Reinhardt should be able to defeat Zephiel on the first turn. Assuming your Nino has Gronnblade, she should be able to (with Reinhardt's Spur ATK 2 and Olivia's Hone ATK buff, and WTA) ORKO the Blue Armor (or maybe the Green Armor, but you might need an Olivia dance for that). Olivia should wait behind Nino, unless she must dance for Reinhardt. Takumi just sorta waits on the edge of the enemy ranges. On the next turn, the remaining Armor will move up and Nino will get attacked by a mage (which she should survive), while the other mage also moves up. Next turn, have Takumi kill the mage that attacked Nino while she kills the remaining Armor, with an Olivia Dance and Reinhardt assist if needed. If Reinhardt isn't needed, then get him to the edge of the remaining mage's attack range. On Enemy Phase, either Nino, Olivia or Takumi will have to take a hit, which they should survive unless they're getting doubled. On your turn, assuming whoever got attacked lived, you can easily kill the mage and claim your Zephiel.
I'm not 100% sure that'd work, so here are a few extra things:
1) You might want to substitute Takumi for Felicia if his RES isn't good enough, because hers almost certainly will be.
2) If the mages carry -raven tomes, which they might, then replace Takumi with Tharja. If they're Blue, then use Tharja for Nino's part of the above strategy and use Nino for Takumi's part.
2.5) If possible, consider training up a Sophia to 4-Star and using her instead of Tharja for the above strategy, if Red/Green-raven tomes are on the map, since she has superior RES and slightly higher ATK.

I dunno if that'll actually work for you, it's just a thought. Hope it helps, mate.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

GHB should start in a couple of days, so I'll leave this topic open.

Anyway, I'm fully expecting a ton of two-range units along with a bunch of power-ups on Zephiel.  I'm seriously considering a mage with Poison Strike and Olivia.

The battle against Zephiel has been announced and will start tomorrow at the usual time!

Also, here are the enemies on the map, along with the man himself and his stats:

78 HP, 57 Atk, 34 Def, 21 Spd, 20 Res, Eckesachs (16 Mt, 1 Rng, built-in Threaten Def 2), Reprisal, Life and Death 3, Wary Fighter 3.

Generics are (on the left) a blue mage and a brave axe armour, (on the right) a brave lance armour and a red mage.

Tacticians, go!

Edited by Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The battle against Zephiel has been announced and will start tomorrow at the usual time!

Also, here are the enemies on the map, along with the man himself and his stats:

78 HP, 57 Atk, 34 Def, 21 Spd, 20 Res, Eckesachs, Reprisal, Life and Death 3, Wary Fighter 3.

Generics are (on the left) a blue mage and a brave axe armour, (on the right) a brave lance armour and a red mage.

Tacticians, go!

Oh lawd that HP.

Team will be Ninian, Lilina, Ephraim and maybe Michalis? Assuming the enemies don't aggro until you're in range, I think I can open up by sending Lilina to ORKO the green knight, then dancing her to safety. Then it becomes a matter of separating the mages from the knights and picking them off first. Zephiel himself can be kited once the mages are dead. The knights may very likely have wings of mercy to make the map harder.

Also, I love how the player's units in the map preview are all from FE6

Edited by Korath88

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Oh lawd that HP.

Team will be Ninian, Lilina, Ephraim and maybe Michalis? Assuming the enemies don't aggro until you're in range, I think I can open up by sending Lilina to ORKO the green knight, then dancing her to safety. Then it becomes a matter of separating the mages from the knights and picking them off first. Zephiel himself can be kited once the mages are dead. The knights may very likely have wings of mercy to make the map harder.

Judging from the fact that the armor knights have Brave weapons, chances are they have Wary Fighter instead of Wings of Mercy to prevent them from being one-round killed.

>78 HP.

Let's take a moment to recognize the fact he has more HP than he did in FE6, and as much as the final boss of said game on Normal.

I'm probably going to tackle this with a lot of draw back shenanigans.   I hope those Armors don't have distant counter.

A possible team for me:

4* lvl 40 M!Robin:   Blarraven, TA3, QR2, Bonfire, ATK +1 Seal ( ORKOs Zeph with TA3 + Hone ATK 2 + Dance. 39x2 = 78 ) [Nature +ATK/-DEF].

Assuming no ATK debuffs, of course...

4* Lvl 40 Klein:     Brave Bow, DB3, Glacies, HP +3 Seal
4* Lvl 40+1 Cherche: Hammer, DB2, QR2, Fortify DEF 2
3* Lvl 30 Olivia

Knights and mages huh?

I wonder if Oboro would do okay in this map. She has better resistance than other infantry lancers, and has Heavy Lance (or I was thinking of changing it to Sapphire Lance plus giving her Swap)

Although mine's just 3 star, I wanna see if she can be a pseudo-Subaki in this GHB...

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Incoming Sophia Narcian Subaki Godsquad clear?

Cavalier Reposition Emblem seems to be able to break this too

My thoughts exactly.

It's time for Reinhardt to scorch things.

I wonder if the units shown are going to be in the focus banner.

Edited by pianime94

Huh, I was pretty close on the positions, and dead on on the enemy types (but probably wrong about Hone/Fortify on the Armors, given their positioning they probably have Goad/Ward instead). Woohoo.

Guess I'll try my Reinhardt/Stahl/Cecilia/Frederick Horse Emblem team for cracking this one. Should be simple enough, I'll just have quad-buffed Cecilia Gronnblade the Brave Lance to death, possibly kill the mage on Enemy Phase, then nuke the Brave Axe and Red Mage (and Blue, if he lives) on my next turn, have Fortify Cavalry-buffed Stahl tank Zephiel, then have Reinhardt, Cecilia and Frederick finish him. Hopefully this'll work if the Blue Mage isn't holding Blárwolf.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

56 minutes ago, raulgor said:

Should we assume that next banner is going to be Roy, Lilina, Clarine and Shanna?

Seeing as how there is no green unit to deal with the blues, I'd say no heh

1 hour ago, raulgor said:

Should we assume that next banner is going to be Roy, Lilina, Clarine and Shanna?

Nah, those are just the FE6 characters lined up against their big bad from the game.

You can expect one FE6 character to be on the banner, my bet is Lilina.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There will be Cecilia, I'm going to bet on @Arcanite jumping off a cliff.

Wait wait wait.....

So you're saying that if Cecilia is in this one, I have to jump off a cliff? Is that what you're saying or am I misunderstanding? 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wait wait wait.....

So you're saying that if Cecilia is in this one, I have to jump off a cliff? Is that what you're saying or am I misunderstanding? 

You will anyway, the news will do it to you.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There will be Cecilia, I'm going to bet on @Arcanite jumping off a cliff.

She's great because she can handle the blue mage on the left!

And then she'll get thwacked in the face by Zephiel again.

Edited by pianime94
Arcanite the typo saver

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

She's great because she can handle the blue mage on the left!

I'm betting that mage has at least 32 speed

Cecilia ain't doubling that dude. Which means he won't die which means

5 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

she'll get thwacked in the face by Zephiel again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I find it intresting that you can bait the red mage without getting in range of anything else. Probably usefull for breaking their position. Also, I feel the mages can easily be made to hinder the armours, which is intresting. Problem with this map is that I want about 5 units while I can only use 4. Time to start thinking about who I really need.