Arena system based Fire Emblem Fan game

MasashiH

A game that is currently in the works. Not exactly the entirety of my intended project but rather a simplified build for a game competition arranged by my university (I'm currently studying Information Engineering)

This is not a hack, but rather built from beginning to end.

It is a Arena based combat system. The following lists all my interactions and most likely objectives (tried to format, comments being in italic, subject to changes):

Spoiler
  • Arena based Combat (you can imagine the graphics as something similar to Hearthstone, cards attacking each other)
    • Attacking rules are the same, with bows and tomes attacking at preferred range (tomes can attack at melee range if desired, and perhaps make archers behave similarly to Gaiden)
  • Player Active Team is of five members, and number of enemies are divided by certain rules.
    • Battles are played in rounds.
    • Rule of Enemy Appearance: Units have a "size value" which dictates how many can appear on the screen at a time.
      • Infantry have a size of 1, Cavalry and flyers have a size of 2, and Armored have a size of 2 or 3 (Knights and Generals respectively).
      • They can appear in combinations too such as 2 infantry + 1 cavalry, 4 infantry, 1 knight + 2 infantry, etc.
      • Enemy bosses will appear alone at the last round, but can be sometimes accompanied by lesser enemies.
      • This is taken into account when rebalancing units (although stats are based on FE7 classes).
  • If a unit is defeated, the slot is closed for the remainder of the battle (This build will have only five playable characters, the team being complete at beginning of Chapter 2).
    • If the leader (the Avatar, default name "Eli") falls in battle, it is an automatic Game Over.
    • Upon beating a round, all living team members are healed by a small amount.
  • Recruitments only occur at the beginning of the chapter before battle and are forced.
  • The story starts out similar to Re:Zero with the Avatar being teleported to a field with no idea how to go back. After defending a group of nearby villagers from bandits with the help of Masashi (definitely not inserting myself into the story...), a myrmidon who is also on the same situation as the Avatar and has been there for years, they decide to work together in order to find a way home. (the Avatar takes the direction of the group)
    • Eli's gender can be defined by the player (stats differ slightly on gender).
    • Playable up to four Chapters only.

This is basically what I intend to present. I posted it here so as to ask for opinion about this, and whether should I reconsider about anything here.

Any opinion is appreciated!

Edited by MasashiH