Getting old?!

SSJDennis

Is it just me, or is the game getting old already? Low challenge/easy to grab missions, which are available for two weeks...

No more dailly arena quests. Easy monthly missions, no grand hero battle, no new semi hero battles...

I even have trained up 4 armors/cavs/foot/flier to level 40, in case I need them.

Since grinding for feathers is boring and unrewarding, I am "stuck" in this game for some more days.

Anyone else feels like this? I really miss a challenge or at least missions to complete... Just going to summon new units, for the hell of summoning isn't going to work for me...

I get a feeling this game will lose out on people, as fast as pokemon go did. Especially with Echoes coming closer and closer to its release.

I'm definitely finding myself playing less and less.  All my 5* units are Lv. 40, and I've trained up nearly all of my worthwhile 4* units as well.  I trained up a Bartre for crying out loud, and I've promoted 3* units with imperfect boons just to give me something to do.  Pulling from the gatcha is exciting, but being F2P I don't get to do it as often as I like. 

I wish they'd bring back the arena quests, at least.  That was 1400 feathers and 7 orbs a week, gone for no reason.

I can see one reason why some may feel this way: Because people want their CYL stuff and it ain't coming until summer. Also Ike is a major key.

I personally don't think it's getting old because I still want to win at least one voting gauntlet and score mad high in Arena (top 1k). T̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶X̶D̶.̶ ̶ 

The lack of materials other than feathers hampers their ability to actually include much grinding.  So that removes events, which is pretty much the largest time eater in mobile games.

That being said, it IS still a mobile game.  It's designed with the intention that you play it for 10 minutes or so (on break, on the train to/from work, etc) and then put it away for 4-8 hours.  It's not meant to be a full time game like Echoes or Persona.

It's been slowing down a bit, but I've been training a bunch of my characters up for completionism, so there's that. Hero Merit is cool, and I've been excited for that and other stuff meaning faster feather access. The flier quests don't add much for me personally, but I'm glad they're there for newer players. And there's apparently more cool stuff coming soon.

I'm not playing less, having two flier squads, one all-sword squad  and two mixed squads to train. But I really miss the hard quests from March, and I'd like to have a Grand Hero Battle every week. I still have no idea why we had to speed-drill 4 different squads in 15 days, just to be left with no challenge after that.

I just wish there were main story updates instead of just paralogues. For example, I had hoped World of Shadows, from its title, alone, would have been a new story update, but unfortunately wasn't. After all, a good percentage of FE players play the games for story, which, while gameplay is also nice, isn't enough for some people; even for a mobile game. At least, thats how I see it, anyway.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

T̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶X̶D̶.̶ ̶ 

But you're the hero SF needs!

Spoiler

Yet not the one it deserves

9 minutes ago, Motendra said:

But you're the hero SF needs!

Reveal hidden contents

Yet not the one it deserves

Wow. That's deep Mo

"The hero we need, but not the one we deserve"

So I'm either Po from Kung-fu Panda, or Neo from The Matrix?

16 minutes ago, GinRei said:

The lack of materials other than feathers hampers their ability to actually include much grinding.  So that removes events, which is pretty much the largest time eater in mobile games.

I guess they didn't want to make it so that people with a lot of time on their hands could have a larger advantage over those who don't. Like if we could grind feathers, promoting units would be cake for those who play it a lot. But those who are more casual will find it hard to get ahead in Arena, since they would adjust the difficulty of the game accordingly to this grinding feature.

I do want some more feathers though. Even if I already have 28k sitting there heh. And there are people with 60k + too. So now that I think about it, I don't think the feathers system isn't so bad. Though it mostly depends on your units.

Edited by Arcanite

I mean there's always grinding for hero merit, I guess. But I will agree that you can only fight in the arena and go to the training tower so many times. 

That said, this is the longest I've ever been even remotely interested in a mobile game to begin with, so that's a plus. The new updates were great QoL changes but I was hoping for the new mission types and such to come with it - that will probably spur my interest in the game again.

I feel increasing the rate of feather acquisition would help a lot with free-to-play players.

I'm not running out of things to do anytime soon, but that's because I can typically promote a dozen or so units to 5-stars every 2 weeks or so with the sheer number of pulls I do.

I think if there were a means of grinding feathers (Hero Merit is a start, but it's too slow to make a large enough dent), it'd give free players more to do and more to work for. With the current content, once you have your arena feathers secured for the week, there's really nothing left to do other than level up a few 4-star or 3-star characters and wait without any other steady source of feathers.

Even if all they did was add an immediate reward of 10-20 feathers for each lunatic Training Tower win, it could go a decent way in providing the motivation to keep playing. Currently with Hero Merit, a Stratum 10 win is worth around 18 feathers (4.6 Hero Merit x 4 characters), but the reward for that cannot be redeemed immediately. Even if the result is the end result is the same, the delayed feedback of the current system doesn't build motivation in the same way that immediate feedback does.

Last night I left my phone in the car and didn't realize until it was late enough for me to not want to go outside.

So I guess the game is getting old simply in the context that I didn't feel the need to play it at all last night from like 8 pm to even now. If this were the first few weeks of Heroes' release, I'd probably just have retrieved my phone.

Edited by Sunwoo

I do keep hoping for the challenging quests back, like the armour one that caused me to pretty much tear my hair out. I'm hoping that the upcoming promised events will provide some of this :) 

I do keep playing the game and still find myself enjoying it. I don't think it'll get fully old for me, although I find myself playing on my second account less. I keep my main account stamina free, though.

I'm playing more or less the same.  Since I finished the Flyer quests in one day, I might have a bit of a drop-off, if they don't add anything, and not having the daily Arena Quests cuts with Arena time in half.

I still play a little bit everyday, but it depends on how many quests I have to do or new characters I have to train, but I haven't had more than a couple days, where I haven't played, yet.  If they keep the same level of new content, that will probably be the case for a while, although as stated, this batch of quests was pretty easy, so I hope future batches have a bit more to do.

I've found myself playing less. The problem is that I've already trained up all my decent units up. The only time I go on now is for arena and doing some minor sp grinding. Also the flier quests this time were super easy compared to the previous ones. Which meant I finished it in under 15 minutes. There really isn't much to do in the game. Which is why I look forward to GHB so much. I often find myself playing those maps at least a couple times. 

I think the problem is right now we're in a lull between significant happenings in the game... the daily quests for Arena have come and gone and there's no voting gauntlet right now, personally I've finished all the current quests and don't have much to do except grind my skill fodder...

But I don't think it will stay like this. I'm pretty confident we'll have more to do soon. And personally speaking, until I have all my favorites, I will always have a reason to play this game lol. Lyn, Camilla, and Ephraim are all still out there... somewhere.... *____*

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I feel increasing the rate of feather acquisition would help a lot with free-to-play players.

I think if there were a means of grinding feathers (Hero Merit is a start, but it's too slow to make a large enough dent), it'd give free players more to do and more to work for. With the current content, once you have your arena feathers secured for the week, there's really nothing left to do other than level up a few 4-star or 3-star characters and wait without any other steady source of feathers.

Even if all they did was add an immediate reward of 10-20 feathers for each lunatic Training Tower win, it could go a decent way in providing the motivation to keep playing. Currently with Hero Merit, a Stratum 10 win is worth around 18 feathers (4.6 Hero Merit x 4 characters), but the reward for that cannot be redeemed immediately. Even if the result is the end result is the same, the delayed feedback of the current system doesn't build motivation in the same way that immediate feedback does.

I would welcome these improvements. I could see 20/25/30 feathers per 8/9/10 stratum victories as being a more reasonable reward. As of now, I only "farm" Hero Merit because I happen tp be SP grinding, but I wouldn't do it otherwise. More readily available feathers will let people play with more units and increase the game's longevity.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Oh I expected it, doesn't change that it's still disappointing to see it turned out true and it makes the game worse for F2P.

The thing is that any time the power cap increases in a way that relies on the gacha mechanic, free players are going to fall behind for a while. There's nothing you can really do to prevent that gap. Short of giving out the new hotness for free (which is a terrible idea from multiple perspectives), paying players will always approach the cap at a faster rate.

The important part is that the developers make sure to give enough time for free players to catch up and stabilize before they raise the power cap again.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I would welcome these improvements. I could see 20/25/30 feathers per 8/9/10 stratum victories as being a more reasonable reward. As of now, I only "farm" Hero Merit because I happen tp be SP grinding, but I wouldn't do it otherwise. More readily available feathers will let people play with more units and increase the game's longevity.

30 is probably too high if that's in addition to Hero Merit (and not replacing Hero Merit).

A Stratum 10 victory is currently worth about 18 feathers in Hero Merit. Adding 30 would make the reward 48 feathers per 9 stamina. By simply using all of your available stamina each day on Stratum 10, you can earn a bit over 1,500 feathers each day. In one week, this would give you 10,500 feathers, or about twice as many feathers as a good arena run.

That puts a bit too much value on running lunatic Training Tower and discourages spending of stamina elsewhere. I think it might also cause players to burn out faster because that's a lot of feathers I'm missing out on when I don't play.

Reducing that to 10 feathers per run makes the rewards 28 feathers per 9 stamina, or just under 900 feathers per day or just over 6,000 feathers per week. This puts it closer to arena rewards and 10 feathers per run is a bit more lenient for spending stamina elsewhere.