Synergy and Teambuilding

tumut

So what are some good synergy combos that have worked for you guys?
I've really been liking Azura and Cherche (or any low res axe user) together, since Cherche can take out a Lance user and Azura can sing her out the danger zone and bait any sword users left in the area. And I love quick riposte with a healer.

Eirika + Nino is pretty good. Turns Nino into more of a nuke than usual. 

I currently have 2 "main" teams: Narcian/Sanaki/Azura/Jeorge and Eirika/Ephraim/Nino/Klein. They're both a lot of fun to play, but come to think of it other than general "of course this would be good" stuff like putting Sanaki next to Azura for the speed boost (so she might not get doubled if she can't one shot whatever she's hitting, and may even double slow units) and in turn providing the Cymbeline buff to Narcian, who handles any blues that head Sanaki's way. It's a fun little thing. 

Giving Nino Desperation was pretty huge so she can ORKO things that she isn't one-shotting (in case Eirika or Ephraim are away and can't buff her). 

Having issues with you main attackers being -Atk?  My first two 5* heroes were -Atk, so I made them work together!  Thanks to skill inheritance, Jakob has Seal Speed.  Young Tiki is +Spd/-Atk.  Combine the two, and Jakob's target will die by the time Tiki is done - she'll most likely double, and not much can survive two attacks from her after a -7 Res debuff!

Ephraim with Hone attack and Reposition and the nuke Nino with Fury make most things a cake walk. Add Ryoma and M!Robin and I think that covers everything. That would be the team I would run But bonus units exist in the arena so M!Robin got kicked off

Surprised it hasn't already been said, but...

Gunter's/Jagen's Hone/Fortify Cavalry buffs with a blade tome cavalry unit (like Cecilia w/ Gronnblade) is the stuff of nightmares. 

Hinoka's/Caeda's Hone/Fortify Flier w/ Spring Camilla also gets a special mention. 

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Having issues with you main attackers being -Atk?  My first two 5* heroes were -Atk, so I made them work together!  Thanks to skill inheritance, Jakob has Seal Speed.  Young Tiki is +Spd/-Atk.  Combine the two, and Jakob's target will die by the time Tiki is done - she'll most likely double, and not much can survive two attacks from her after a -7 Res debuff!

You use seal skills?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Spoiler

Jk :P

I feel dagger users are the only possible acceptable usage of seal skills, though I'd prefer Seal Atk (only on a dagger) to seal speed. It really depends on your team comp. 

Spoiler

Especially if you have Jaffar because, let's face it, taking 7 damage after combat and debuffing 3 stats at once isn't broken at all!

One team I find quite useful is Sharena/Olivia/Nino, or really any blade tome. It's basically the same as Eirika except now you have blue coverage and it's relatively easy to use since 2 of the units come free anyway!

Edited by Arcanite

Nino works well with basically any buffing unit bit sharena is probably the best partner because she can murder any troublesome sword units, the best synergy though is always just to abuse the fortify/goad/ward/hone armour/flier/cavalry because basically any unit can be a monster if it gets +10 in basically every stat 

5 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Nino works well with basically any buffing unit bit sharena is probably the best partner because she can murder any troublesome sword units, the best synergy though is always just to abuse the fortify/goad/ward/hone armour/flier/cavalry because basically any unit can be a monster if it gets +10 in basically every stat 

Nino's best partner is Ephraim because he can give her a total of +14 bonus damage (+3 atk from Siegmund which adds an additional +3 to the tome, +4 from a Hone skill of your choice, +4 from a Rally skill of your choice) while Sharena cannot give more than +12 bonus damage (Hone/Fortify +4 and Rally Atk +4). The difference is small, but it can sometimes make the difference between securing a KO or not. And even if it doesn't make a difference, Ephraim still invalidates the statement that Sharena is the best partner.

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You use seal skills?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reveal hidden contents

I feel dagger users are the only possible acceptable usage of seal skills, though I'd prefer Seal Atk (only on a dagger) to seal speed. It really depends on your team comp. 

Hide contents

Especially if you have Jaffar because, let's face it, taking 7 damage after combat and debuffing 3 stats at once isn't broken at all!

One team I find quite useful is Sharena/Olivia/Nino, or really any blade tome. It's basically the same as Eirika except now you have blue coverage and it's relatively easy to use since 2 of the units come free anyway!

My team is dead-set on being at 33 Speed (in the form of +Spd Tiki and -Spd Lucina), so Seal Speed is necessary.

I've been enjoying my cavalry team of Barblade Ursula, Fortify/Hone Cavalry filler and Leo. Ursula can kill virtually anything if she is fully buffed (+30 Attack!) and I have Reposition on my Hone Cavalry user so I can use it with Leo's Brynhildr to kite any melee enemy forever.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone made an armor team work? Of the few I encountered in the Arena, they were all easy to dispatch because of their lack of ranged units and low movement. The lack of range on fliers (barring Spring!Camilla) also makes those teams less viable).

14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I'm enjoying Poison Strike over a seal skill. That's 17 damage (23 if you have Fury) you'll be taking after combat in addition to your stat drops. Rogue Dagger + Seal Attack on Saizo and you effectively have 45 defense on a "thief". lol

14 hours ago, tumut said:

So my team I'm currently planning is Cherche/Azura/Lilina and I'm not sure who I want for my last slot. Probably a defensive blue unit.

M!Robin.  You also want another mage.

12 hours ago, Aera said:

Lucy kills everything in her way with Olivia and Ninian support. Karel just baits for Greens.

You run two dancers?!

On 20.04.2017 at 10:41 AM, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nino's best partner is Ephraim because he can give her a total of +14 bonus damage (+3 atk from Siegmund which adds an additional +3 to the tome, +4 from a Hone skill of your choice, +4 from a Rally skill of your choice) while Sharena cannot give more than +12 bonus damage (Hone/Fortify +4 and Rally Atk +4). The difference is small, but it can sometimes make the difference between securing a KO or not.

You can give Eirika a Rally for the same effect, btw.

One of my most successful arena teams was Sanaki, F!Corrin, Minerva and Sully (back when she was a bonus unit)

F!Corrin was a great for Hone Attack and enemy debuffs with Dark Breath, which paved the way for Sanaki to destroy greens and Minerva to deal massive damage to lances (and sometimes reds!) with her speed and mobility. Sully was a quick, mobile sword killer, clearing the way for Minerva. Her Draw Back was also useful for pulling Sanaki out of the way after nuking someone.

Had to drop change team combos after the bonus unit changes, but this team secured me the most consistent wins- and that was before starting position changes were a thing.

18 hours ago, Aera said:

Lucy kills everything in her way with Olivia and Ninian support. Karel just baits for Greens.

Double dance, wowie that's fun.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I just used robin for bonfire and drawback yesterday hahaaaaaa (crying). I guess the obvious choice would be Nowi but she's one of my least favorite FE characters. I could always swap out Azura for Ninian if I can manage to summon her, and then go with Lukas or Ephraim. AAAAaaAAaaaHHHhhhahdgasjh I hate this game

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

You run two dancers?!

Yes! Olivia and Ninian are good units on their own, though Ninian is a better support. Olivia can act as Karel when needed. Both of them are really useful when I need to have Lucina out of danger area or when I need to snipe a unit real quick (maybe twice) and then go into a safer area.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You can give Eirika a Rally for the same effect, btw.

Yeah I should have put "Eirika or Ephraim", though for the sake of being on a team with Nino I still personally prefer Ephraim.

Eirika is mostly good as a rallybot, but Ephraim can be a rallybot and also check red swords at the same time, which makes him more valuable on a team with Nino in my opinion.

But ultimately they both work.