Is Dew worth it?

InigoPadalin

2 hours ago, Refa said:

Having Ichieval frees up the Killer Bow so that Lester can use it.  A lame Holy weapon is still a pretty good weapon, after all.

Don't forget Dimna! Although the Hero Bow could take the same credit, but I guess there's nobody else who really cares much about bows. Leaf might take a Silver and Johalva and Hannibal are likely to rot in the backline. It's not bad, but it's still relatively lame!

43 minutes ago, Shin said:

Don't forget Dimna! Although the Hero Bow could take the same credit, but I guess there's nobody else who really cares much about bows. Leaf might take a Silver and Johalva and Hannibal are likely to rot in the backline. It's not bad, but it's still relatively lame!

Ichival may be lame, but it's the only Holy Weapon that can combo with the Dew's Bargain Skill (outside of Balmung!Larcei shenanigans I guess). It makes him one of Faval's better fathers.

By the way, should mention that the best way to level up Dew and get him promoted is by having him boss abuse Munnir for a lot of turns. It helps that he can dodge his attacks 90% of the time (then again axe users can barely hit him most of the time.

On 19/4/2017 at 3:56 AM, Jedi said:

He can solo the Cross Knights as was proven by Shin in a draft, but he's more used for his fathering and gold stealing, along with the bridge in chapter 4.

I really want to see that. 

Link.

Oh yeah, forot about that too. The whole Bargain skill to repair Faval's Legendary Weapon at a much lesser price. You don't pass that up.

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

(outside of Balmung!Larcei shenanigans I guess).

well, no. Either Lakshe is Dew's daughter and has bargain, or she's Holyn's daughter and can be given the Balmung with a bug exploit. Can't have both at the same time.

The Bargain ring, however, can be given to any of your Holy weapon users.

I would say the answer to this question depends: "Are you trying to get AAAA Rank?"

IF YES: ABSOLUTELY!  He single-handedly makes the mode so much easier because of Give + Bargain!  Plus he really helps out Leen!  10/10

IF NO: Then don't bother.  You don't really need much money.  2/10

Edited by FionordeQuester

Whilst the above is effective, it does rely on having a massively magic blessed Dew (+5 on his average), as well as being ahead in other stats. Dew in the forest, along with the elite and pursuit rings, is able to avoid them pretty reliably whilst drawing them away. For some strange reason, the Cross Knights aren't too inclined to attack Dew at one range and get WTA over him.