What things would you like to see in FE Switch?

Harvey

So what are the things that you'd like to see FE Switch do?

For me personally... 

1. I would like the portraits to change when the unit either promotes or reclasses. I don't know about you guys but to me, When seeing your unit being promoted and yet the unit's portrait is stuck with its original design, it feels somewhat jarring to me because it just makes portraits feel scripted instead of giving the illustration of how the character has changed since the portrait depicts the character and it can help to illustrate the character change.

I know that its not possible since well...the artist has to stress on drawing each and every individual portrait in that case. But then atleast limit the size of the portrait so that it doesn't necessarily feel jarring like how the games till the GBA ones did.

2. Have replay value once you beat the game. 

Now some might argue with this and say "Well, DUH! That's why you have difficulty options in the first place!" Yeah, I get that but what I'm asking is like when you beat the game, add something to it besides DLC being the ONLY way to do replay value. Like how its done in Pokemon Gold/Silver. You had to beat the next set of gym leaders or something to get the real ending.

FE did this once, and Blazing Blade does that replay value PERFECTLY. I mean you can easily tell that there's a lot of difference between Eliwood and Hector modes in that game. So yeah, doing something like that and offering new maps and what not might really work out.

Now I'm not saying that you NEED to do this to get real endings and all. I'm just asking for something that the player can do that doesn't allow grinding options and all..perhaps an oppurtunity to have more support conversations? idk.

3. Fix the pair up mechanics

I love the pair up..infact, it makes the whole thing of each character doing better since each character gives support bonuses to specific stats. Plus, there's guard.

I don't know why Nintendo will ever need to drop this considering that Fates kinda balanced it a bit. But if Echoes does well and if Nintendo decides to drop pair up, I'd like it to be back

Those are some of my thoughts for now...

All Fire Emblems have replayability already due to the varying ways you can play them and the massive amounts of units, but anyways. 

If the avatar returns i'd rather them not matter in the plot. and just be some random nobody. No plot importance just supports. 

Proper Balancing or Removal or Pair up, maybe the reintroduction of Rescue. I'd also like to see them try Dismount again, but I highly doubt they will outside of a theoretical Thracia Echoes. 

1) Avatar. It adds too much to the game to just be removed. Having a fully customized character as the main lead is nice. I hope this stays, because having a sword main character pretty much every single time is just lame. And anytime we haven't had a sword lead, (s)he has had to share spotlight with some other lord that uses.... You guessed it, swords. 

2) Fixing of mounted units. Seriously, cavaliers need to stop having 2 weapons unpromoted, almost no drawbacks to being used, and then having some of the best movement in the game. It's not enough to have a couple of slaying weapons around to keep them in "check." At least fliers are limited by something that's more common. 

3) If they keep the attack stance and defense stances, no more swarming of enemies to force a player to pretty much use defense stance to survive. 

4) Keep ambush spawns out of the game. That was a good thing that Fates did. It's more challenging and difficult than Awakening and doesn't have to do stupid things like that. 

5) Bring back Fog of War-- it's the closest way you can make "ambush" spawns fair without instantly killing the player for its existence. Scratch is, just bring back weather effects all around. This could be a way to balance mounts as well because horses don't like being in the mud etc, would have a harder time moving through thickets etc. 

6) More classes that can take advantage of the magic / strength split. As of now, there just aren't enough classes that do it. It's nice that classes like War Cleric exist and the like, but some like Dark Knight for instance rarely have any real reason to use swords over magic, and the characters you get usually have super strength or super magic which makes using the other weapon over the other a pretty boneheaded decision. 

7) More dark magic please. Nosferatu being pretty much the only spell a dark mage can use is just dumb. I liked the spells like Luna, Eclipse, Mire etc. It made having dark magic pretty cool without having it step on anima's toes. Plus having more schools of magic was nice, as it stands, there are too many weapon types that use physical and physical alone. 

8) Bring back capacity from RD. It's the best way to go about balancing skills and their usage. It also means that we can learn skills without having everything tied to level which results in people having a harder time getting five skills that aren't children. 

9) Fix forge. The one used in Fates was horrible and darn near unusable. I don't know what they were thinking with that forge system as the other ones, while not masterpieces, weren't bad. 

10) Old school supports that have limits on them for the sake of combining them for gameplay. As fun as it is to be able to go through 1 playthrough of Awakening and get all of the supports sans the child/parent ones, they really don't do much gameplay wise unless the characters are pretty much joined at the hip constantly. We hated hugging in GBA, why would you think we'd like it here? 

1. Light magic and dark magic should both return.

2. More mission objectives than just seize and route.

3. Main characters that are not swordsmen.

4. Bring back the customizable unit, but give the character almost no bearing on the plot. One can still give the character significance by making him/her the narrator or the character from whose perspective the story is being told if that makes sense. But, other than that, the character should have no importance. Perhaps the player has to select a character background (peasant, noble, etc.) and distinct personalities, and these affect whom he/she can have support conversations.

5. Shields. I have not played Gaiden, and I am waiting for SoV to come out in North America, but I think shields are a really good idea: being able to trade offense for a bit more defence. But, if a character is not using a shield, then they should use their weapon with both hands, as it shows why they're not using a shield.

6. Base Conversations.

7. Limited supports; by that I mean each person only has so many people with whom they can have support conversations. Furthermore, bring S supports back, but have it that the characters get married after the game ends, like in older FE games.

8. Hybrid classes. I do agree that often the unit either ends up only good at weapon or magic rather than both, or ends up good at neither. I would like to see hybrid classes that are good to use and actually use weapon and magic. To overcome the stat problem, one of them could learn a skill that makes any equipped magic use the unit's magic stat while also using the opponents defence (for example: a unit of this class with 8 strength, 17 magic and a sword with five might, up against a unit with 10 defence would deal 3 damage without the skill, and 12 damage with the skill).

9. An anti-magic class, similar to Awakening dread fighter.

10. Have generals wear more realistic armour, sort of like what the barons are wearing in Echoes based on the combat overview trailer. It is still oversized, but it looks good and not completely impractical, unlike Awakening and Fates. Speaking of which, I think the baron class in Echoes, from what I can see in the trailer, is wearing chain mail under the plate armour; if it is chain mail, then that's a real first for Fire Emblem. I don't recall a single time previously that any unit in Fire Emblem wore chain mail.

I want an avatar like fe 12's avatar.

Where you choose their class and what they look like, and you answer a series of questions to determine growth rates.

BUT

I also want you to be able to choose their

P E R S O N A L I T Y

That will determine supports, story, and crit quotes.

Also choosing voice, but broader range.

I`ve already mentioned some of this stuff before, but whatever. What I`d like to see in FE Switch:

1. The return of Dark Magic (I think this speaks for itself)

2. The Base and all that came with it, including Bonus EXP (unless they let us grind, then Bonus EXP is pointless)

3. Multipile Lords that aren`t sword users, like a Dark Mage Lord or a Lance Lord.

4. 1-2 ranged staves like the Festals in Fates.

5. More varied map objectives

6. Tellius style forge

7. No ambush spawns, Fates did a good thing removing them.

8. More boss conversations, I`d like to see characters who aren`t the Lord converse with the bosses thank you.

9. Classes like Tactician that use the Magic/Strength split well.

10. If they rebalance it, fatiuge could be worth giving another shot.

That`s all I could think of right now.

1. Bonus EXP, unless you can grind for levels

2. Nerf the cavaliers into their Tellius incarnations due to them being a little on the OP side thanks to access to two weapons and the highest movement in the game. To add on to this separate the Mages (thunder, wind, fire) and Knights (Axe, Lance, axe and maybe Bows).

3. Let us choose what weapon to A/S rank. For example You can have a Hero with either an A in axes and B in Swords, or an B in axes and A with Swords.

4. Bring back the magic triangle, it wasn't that good but it was still interesting.

5. Bring back Tellius Bases

6. Bring back the older classes that only made an appearance in one game like Soldiers, Halberdiers, Summoners, Griffon riders, etc.

7. Have unique pallets for characters in certain classes. For example A Mercenary that has a red and brown color scheme should have the same color scheme if they are a Bow knight or Hero. 

Things I would like for FE: Switch:

On 4/19/2017 at 4:30 AM, Harvey said:

1. I would like the portraits to change when the unit either promotes or reclasses. I don't know about you guys but to me, When seeing your unit being promoted and yet the unit's portrait is stuck with its original design, it feels somewhat jarring to me because it just makes portraits feel scripted instead of giving the illustration of how the character has changed since the portrait depicts the character and it can help to illustrate the character change.

I know that it's not possible since well...the artist has to stress on drawing each and every individual portrait in that case. But then at least limit the size of the portrait so that it doesn't necessarily feel jarring like how the games till the GBA ones did.

1.) I want this as well. I've been wanting it for a long time, too.

2.) I want bird transformations to come back. As a matter of fact, I would like shapeshifters similar to laguz to come back in general. I much prefer its depiction of dragons, beasts and birds over that of taguel and manakete - the latter of which I don't particularly mind but still. They can keep the laguz gauge, though - I wasn't a fan of that.

3.) If the Avatar feature comes back, I want a broader spectrum of customization options. Adding into that, a way to choose support partners to mitigate the whole "support with everyone" problem. I also would like the Avatar to take a minor narrator or support role that in order to have relevance while not overshadowing the more important characters.

4.) Having different endings could help replayability. Perhaps, depending on which characters are alive, what maps were cleared or how those maps were cleared could play a part in that. I would add in plot choices to help decide, but I doubt they would do that.

5.) Characters have a limited support pool as I touched upon it in #3. I really think this would take a load off the writers, possibly upping the quality in the supports.

6.) Paired endings return but I wouldn't be mad if S ranks make a return. I don't have a real problem with marriage during a war - considering the soldiers can die at any moment; they may want to make the most out of life - but I do think having children is when it becomes a problem.

1. S supports but not marriage (Maybe courtship or smth). I really think marriage worked well in Awakening, but in fates it was kind of ehhh as far as going along with the story and whatnot. I wouldn't care if some of the supports were romantic, but I don't like the idea of "I like you! Let's get married  >w< " . Courtship or something makes sense, but the fact that every female and male that reached S would be married seems pretty dumb to me. And I like the best friend supports a lot. If they chose to ring back marriage, I'd like at least two same sex couple options for each sex.

2. Probably no kids. I liked them a lot in Awakening, but Fates kind of jammed them in and even though most of them have awesome designs their personalities seemed really trope-y and archetype-y to a point that was even worse than some of the main cast. If they made more sense with the story I'd be fine with it, and also if they do include kids then FIXED HAIR COLORS PLEASE. I hate when my Noire has ugly orange hair or Velouria has an awkward blonde streak.

3. More varied objectives. More treasure, destroying, escaping, and capture focused chapters please.

4. Portrait changes when you reclass. Also I want the 3D model to look somewhat unique to each character even if it was just minor, like recoloring.

5. If there's an avatar (I hope there isn't) I want more customization, like face shape, skin tone, more hairstyles above anything else.

6. Mapmaking mode, Sort like an Fire Emblem Mario Maker. More in depth than my castle, with terrain, music, weather, objecties and generic enemies + a few units. This might be better for a spin but this would bring soooo much online content. This might be better for a spin off like heroes but idk.

7.  Horse/Peg/Wyvern upgrades? Maybe like different breeds or whatever with bonuses and disadvantages, I think it could be a cool mechanic.

8. More cutscenes  I know devs have a big workload but I'd love as many cutscenes as possible.

9. Choose your own adventure mechanics  Like making decisions that effect the story, and have multiple endings.

Edited by tumut

More cases of effective weapons used against Cavaliers and Wyverns, and especially in later chapters and higher difficulties. Instead of nerfing cavaliers, that is. On Normal difficulty, Have at least 2-3 units with anti-cavalier weapons in every chapter. From the point when your allied wyverns join in, have at least 4-5 enemy units armed with Wyrmslayers. On the latest chapters, at least 1 out 3 enemy units should have either of said weapons.

Enemies holding better weapons on later chapters in higher difficulties: On earlier chapters enemies in Hard will have the same weapons as with Normal, but as you advance through the game, the difference in equipped weapons between the two difficulties grow. By the final chapters in Hard Mode, all enemies will have at least one of Silver-class, Brave, or class-effective weapons while in Normal mode, only 1 in 3 will have such upgraded weapons. Whether they may be class-effective, crit-boosted, or even just Silver-class. I think this way, the difficulty will be there regardless of your stats, and you'll actually have to rely on better strategies.

Fog of War return, but with some modifications. Basically have the same ground rules for both the enemy and the player, just like in the Advanced War games. (If an enemy unit wants to attack a player unit, then the enemy AI MUST sight the player unit beforehand. - without any of the cheating in past FE titles. Similarly the enemy can be ambushed, just like the player.) Also, lighted areas (whether from the default background (lamps on walls, or fire burning), or torches used by units) are visible to everyone.

Luck affects a couple more factors in and out of battle. It would be nice if Luck affects not just your Critical Avoid, but other things as well. For example, units with good luck can get stat boosts in additional parameters (except for Luck) for "being in top shape". If they are supported, they have a better chance in having an extra gauge segment added for their support gauge. They also have better chance in avoiding ambushes in Fog of War, allowing an extra turn to either attack or retreat.

Customizable leadership stars. You can allocate some of your leadership stars for boosting skill activation, critical/avoid/accuracy percentages, or even support bonuses. Certain non-Lord units can give out extra leadership stars for his/her country(wo)men or servants.
(For example, to put this into a hypothetical FE6 Echoes version: Roy, in addition to his universal leadership stars, have also some extra leadership stars for his fellow Lycians. Lilina can also distribute extra stars to her Ostian retainers. and so on)

Edited by henrymidfields

1. A My Castle feature like Fates had, to check out between chapters. The exact contents of the base can vary (upgradeable armory and item shop, coliseum, mess hall, are all good. Things like private quarters, hot springs, and Einherjar shop can probably be replaced or dropped)
  2. No way to artificially boost stat caps. Limit Breaker in Awakening was cheap, and the statues in Fates were incredibly cumbersome.
  3. Revised multiplayer; battle on pre-built, neutral maps instead of building your own and thus having to choose between a nice-looking and battle-functional base.
  4. Bring back the custom avatar system, but reduce their plot significance. Just have them be a new tactician hired by the main protagonist, who helps out on and off the battlefield but isn't directly tied to the plotline. Also, facial hair option for male avatars.
  5. More variable dialogue. By that I mean make minor adjustment to the plot's text to account for deaths, marriages, ect. Awakening had some minor instances of that like, Chrom and Lucina's story dialogue changing at certain points if you were married to one of them. More of that pls.
  6. NO CHILDREN; stat boosts and Partner Seals should be enough interspousal benefits. Having optional units in paralogues is fun, though, so keep that. Just make them people other than children.
  7. Make S-supports not end in marriage proposal all the time. They can be romantic, sure, but they should just be the start of a relationship, so that there isn't the awkward transition from a platonic A-Support to a marriage S-Support. Like, marriage is what you do after years of being with someone, not a spur-of-the-moment decision you make with someone the moment you express feelings toward them.
  8. Rebalancing of Skill system. Make certain powerful Skills like Replicate restricted to the class that learns it, instead of just letting the player stack five OP skills onto an OP class.
  9. Revise the forging system. Fates' version sucked.
  10. Revise the weapon rank balance system. Fates' version sucked, there was never any reason to use B- or A-rank weapons because they were so bogged down with shitty penalties.
  11. More platonic supports, especially for Avatarsexuals, since I'm sure that's not going away.
  12. Bring back Barons as magic-using armor units. Maybe as a DLC class.
  13. No gender-restricted classes whatsoever. I was happy when Fates made the Fighter, Troubador, and Sky Knight lines gender-neutral, but then they went and made all the DLC classes gender-restricted for no good reason.
  14. More incentive to keep playing the save file after clearing it. Awakening had the Spotpass paralogues, some of which were harder than the final boss, plus the challenge DLC. Fates didn't get anything like that at all.
  15. A non-shitty story. Awakening's plot was thin and pretty generic, but at least it did it relatively well. Fates' is a hot steaming pile of garbage on all three routes.
  16. Bonus Exp for clearing optional objectives.
  17. A game mode setting that determines whether you can grind for exp and money. Could be like how Fates does difficulty and death penalty, as an option you can downgrade mid-game but only one way.
  18. Infinite levelling is too easy in Awakening, but too hard in Fates. Find a happy medium... and restrict it to post-game.
  19. Player choices have impacts. It doesn't have to be huge, route-changing things like the big choice in Fates, just things like determining how many enemies you face in a given chapter, how early or late a unit joins you, the quality of ending you receive...
  20. Separate Magic back into its own separate weapon triangle, with different types such as fire, wind, thunder, ice, ect.
Edited by Anomalocaris

One more thing I wanted to add is let's notttt have characters be able to inherit like 80 different abilities and equip 8 at once. Like Wtf????? Just let them equip a few at a time, this was soooo dumb in Fates.

Edited by tumut

4 minutes ago, tumut said:

One more thing I wanted to add is let's notttt have characters be able to inherit like 80 different abilities and equip 8 at once. Like Wtf????? Just let them equip a few at a time, this was soooo dumb in Fates.

I think bringing back skill capacity is IS' best bet at balancing skills.

Which, if they don't remove learning skills based on your class and reclassing, I hope they at least bring back capacity.

Edited by Slumber

I'm betting skill buying is gonna be the norm in newer FE games with the My Castle/Your Base since no one really complained that much about it (talking about JP btw) except more hack checks will be be involved with illegal unlearnable skills on characters to penalize hackers if they ever do online battles again. Also the Marriage system obviously is gonna stay highly received still in JP plus no reason it shouldn't.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Things I'd like to see:

1) At least one main character with a non-Sword weapon (preferably Axes or Tomes).

2) An Avatar character whose class you can choose at the very beginning and who has little impact on the story; perhaps the story could be presented as a firsthand account from your Avatar of his/her experiences serving under the main character(s).

3) Different modes for story progression, such as a "free mode" that allows the player to grind indefinitely and a "fixed mode" that disables grinding and instead uses Bonus EXP like in the Tellius games.

4) Weapon durability and weapons that are more expensive than in most other games, but also more durable.

5) If Child Units are coming back split of the game into two arcs, one for each generation (like in Genealogy of the Holy War).

6) At least one playable Brigand/Barbarian (because those are cool).

7) A story focused around more common folk (as opposed to royalty), such as villagers or bandits.

While we're talking about endings, I want endings that are affected by deaths, which SoV seems to be doing highly with. In Awakening and Fates, no one gave a single damn that their child died in the war. In Sacred Stones, Ross doesn't seem affected that his father is dead (if he died), and Innes or Tana don't care that each other died.

More map objectives sounds great, Rout the Enemy gets old quick and Defeat Commander isn't really much different.

Limited S supports. I don't want forced marriages because they honestly suck and do no good. I want supports that actually go somewhere and build character, rather than silly situations between characters that have zero compatibility. Basically, go back to the way pairings were in GBA games except with C to S. Give each character 2-5 different partners and that's it. And if the children mechanic doesn't fit, then it doesn't need to.

Give characters more plot relevancy. I didn't like how in certain cases throughout the story, it would be, "Thanks for joining the army! Now stay behind every character that matters." They have the occasional, "every unit in party cheers for you on", but it still doesn't feel very inclusive. Base convos would do well to add this and give everyone a little more presence throughout the game. I don't expect every character to have lines in every single chapter, because then that would be going way to far, but I would like to see that having a unit and keeping them alive will change something.

I honestly don't mind a customizable characters and liked having it. Having a unit that you can change and make unique is fun. But if they want to have it, don't make the character such a dumbass. Maybe not as the lord, because I kind of like having a regular lord.

Character unique animations. I thought SoV's inclusion of victory animations for each character was really cool, spicing up the character more.

Harvey I like your profile picture and I agree with many of your points. Here are some of my ideas that I would like to see in Fire Emblem Switch, hopefully I don't go too long.

1. First of all I want a large word that utilizes a political map much like the GBA games and the Tellius games. I want this world to have rich lore, maybe consisting of five kingdoms and one larger kingdom or an empire. There needs to be good music themes for key story related characters and villains, I want a victory tune when there's just one enemy left on the map again much like the GBA games. There MUST be a narrator, for important story developments like in Radiant Dawn.

2. I want the tutorial to be able to be skipped, now I can't expect Nintendo to make a Fire Emblem game with not tutorial. However if the tutorial is handed like it was in Radiant Dawn where Anna is instructing you and providing visual examples you learn about the game as you play but you also have the option of skipping it entirely.

3. I want huge maps with large armies, but I also want some smaller maps especially for early on. What I would like to see are some battles in urban settings, sea battles on ships, air battles dealing with flying units, assaulting and defending castles, invading fortresses, in the forest, in caves ect. However I don't want just wide open areas, there needs to be choking points that knights or cavaliers can be put at. Simply these maps need to have a variety of tactics that can be employed not just you at point A, now charge to point B and kill everyone in your way including the boss. Have maps that are ideal for mounted units and then others that allow the knights to shine and missions where myrmidons, mercenaries and fighters ect. are a great choice also put GBA style arenas on some of these map for grinding and getting cash.

4. No second sealing. I'm serious get rid of that nonsense, what I want to see is you have a base class and we have a 3 tier class system intertwined with a branch class system. I also would like to see, bonus EXP utilized and where one can either use a promotional item or level up to level 21 and class change perhaps with a choice screen similar to Sacred Stones when the trainee units promoted. I want there to be shamans and druids wielding dark magic and staves, sages wielding anima magic and light mages and monks wielding light magic. Bring the warrior class back but make it good, you need the warrior class otherwise there's nothing unique about the berserker class. Give mounted units the canto and rescue ability by default regardless of level. I want Paladins wielding lances, axes and swords again, or at least be capable of that upon their 3rd tier promotion. And get rid of the seal skills and the buffing skills like strength taker and either fix how the rallies work so we don't have to waste a turn on them or get rid of them. I want skills learned through classes, but some skills like paragon can be assigned and then reassigned so something in between how Fates/Awakening handles it and the Tellius games. And I'm getting tired of Dread Fighter only being accessible through DLC, have that in the game as part of the myrmidon or mercenary line and make Dread Flyer an option of the Pegasus line. I'm not saying not have DLC but things like this should be added to begin with, also it would be so cool to fight an enemy Dread Fighter maybe an elite bandit or mercenary captain.

5. Fix the weapons, and give us a wide variety. I want poleaxes, greatlances, greatswords, swordbreakers, lancebreakers, axebreakers, the blade series of swords. Fix the handaxe designs it looks stupid. Go back to the handaxe design of the Tellius games and the GBA games, and speaking of handaxes fix how they work. There was no need to fix them especially when they are highly inaccurate weapons (comparatively speaking) go back to how they functioned in the GBA games the same applies for javelins. Get rid of the stat negatives effect of various weapons all that does is force a player to never use silver weapons or brave weapons either. Utilize the weight system instead, this worked and was 10x better. However I will say adjust the constitution stat so that all mounted units and knights have a higher constitution than all other units, for while it is absolutely hilarious that Dart as a berserker can rescue EVERYBODY including Heath the wyvern lord, it REALLY doesn't make any sense. So all mounted units should have a base constitution of 10, foot units have a constitution of 6 with a max of 15 and 10 respectfully (these figures are not written in stone, I'm just throwing some comparisons out there to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of) depending on the specific character and class. This constituion will determine a few actions such as whether or not X unit can be rescued or shoved. For instance base level healers have the lowest constitution and can be rescued by anybody, but at the same time a cavalier's constitution will be higher than the burliest fighter and therefore he/she cannot rescue a cavalier. Constitution also will increase upon tier 2 and tier 3 promotions much like movement does, so maybe your level 2 myrmidon has difficulty with that greatsword but upon reaching tier 2 in that line he/she should have not trouble with it. I will also add that I want legendary weapons in the game but I want some rich lore surrounding them and I want them difficult to get, they should feel like a reward not just handed to the player. Oh yes, character specific weapons and legendary weapons should be exempt from the durability rule for example the mania katti that Lyn had that should have had infinite uses.

6. Stop being stingy on units. Give us multiples of varying units, however in the first few chapters of the story the core team should consist of a lord, a red knight-green knight duo, a knight, an archer, a mage, a healer, a fighter, a flying unit a thief and a myrmidon or mercenary I also want to see soldier units like Aran and Nephanee. The first REAL battle needs to be a bandit battle, in fact bandits and rogue mercenaries (not the unit the entire group are mercenaries like let's say the Crimson Hornets for example). Give the lord a signature weapon that deals bonus damage to armored units and cavalry like in older games. I also would like to have battles against beast units like the laguz make some laguz bandit battles. Have the beast units function like the laguz but expand upon it I like the fox idea that Fates had and I love wolves, but give us hawks and eagles, tigers, lions and of course dragons or manakette. Something I would like changed is allow these units to attack on command even if they have a stamina bar, basically where I can command them to punch the enemy. Again going with the Tellius idea, laguz units who reach a high enough level learn formshift where they can stay transformed indefinitely, but before that they learn a kill skill like roar, a defense skill similar to great shield (I'll call this one Beast Hide), a heal skill like renewal (I'll call this one Wild Blood) and a skill similar to resolve (I'll call this one Wild Heart) lastly I think some of them should obtain an ability at some point to attack from two spaces away, but it looks like a giant leap that allows them to counter indirect combat. These suggestions are all level dependent for instance maybe Wild Blood get's learned at level 20 while formshift is learned at level 60. If pairup is in the game I want the option to turn it off, as I don't like using strategies that do not exist in past games but at the same time it is a fun mechanic so include it if you want but allow me to turn it off if I want.

7. Give us a battle save feature and an option to restart the map in the options rather than having to restart the entire system if a nonessential unit dies but we want to keep said unit. I definitely want multiple difficulty settings but instead of units having silver weapons for instance on higher difficulties have the numbers of the enemy forces be larger and they have better AI.

8. Lastly have well developed characters and supports. But I don't want to be reading about a mage's traumatic childhood for every single one of them for instance. Show different sides and aspects of the character or characters in question. The same goes for key villains, there should be some drama built up prior to fighting them. Also give them good stats and abilities fighting Hans and Iago was disappointing as they were not that scary at all. They were very easy to fight. They were king Garon's retainers they should have been challenging. The Black knight was a fight! King Deghnesia was a battle to remember! I could go on but I won't maybe I'll post something on what I want to see concerning individual classes or something.