Interesting thing I've noticed about Faye

a really small thing I've noticed (Don't even know if this is worthy for a new topic) about Faye between her heroes design and echoes designIMG_2649.thumb.PNG.85f044f4e5751da3069edcbc8183969b.PNGIMG_2650.thumb.PNG.3ea18c1d68829b433652ebea45f3c7ed.PNGAs you can see, her heroes design includes a flower bracelet on her right wrist while her original echoes does not.

I wanted to show people this small thing but didn't know how.

So, thoughts? 

Edited by Crubat

There's also a flower pattern on the brooch, too.

How come? Eh, no particular reason, probably. prolly just thought giving her a tiny little flower motif would be cute

Though, I'm no expert when it comes to flowers, there's probably some "language of flowers" symbolism going on here I'm not picking up on.

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Judging by the color and the shape, it's probably a narcissus flower, symbolizing unrequited love and selfishness.

Oh wow, this is useful to know and smart on the heroes artist for Faye. Thanks for telling! 

Now that you mention it, Heroes Faye does mention something about sewing flowers. Maybe that's why her Heroes artwork. She also mentions making good luck charms, so that's probably what the flower bracelet is.

46 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

...There is a flower that is more or less literally named after the state of narcissism...

Life is amazing. xD 

We get the word "Narcissism" from Greek fable, which features a character named "Narcissus". I think the name of the flower predates the character in the fable. Either way, when the "language of flowers" started, attributes of the character were given to the flower.

It is unclear if Narcissus (the character of the myth) was named from the flower or vice-versa.

Anyway the ancient greek ethymolgy was kept by latin scholars, and so it shouldn't be a surprise that it was eventually inherited by most latin-based languages.

Edited by Dark Kain