Future DLC Names and Icons data-mined (spoilers)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

Wait, so there's still no sign of the village fork?

Could be a Goddess's Gift. If so, RIP infinite reclass.

Unless you stay in the Mercenary line forever.

Interesting. And we have no idea what the Goddess's Gift is? 

Why would we want to be able to make our characters super strong though? Will there be challenge maps later, or is it just for chapter 6?

33 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Could be a Goddess's Gift. If so, RIP infinite reclass.

Unless you stay in the Mercenary line forever.

Well it does appear that only movement is decreased when you go from dread fighter to villager so it seems that males wont have a problem getting max stats (Unless your Mycen or Nomah that is). However, I guess the female characters wont have the luxury of max stats.

By the way, did they ever said they found that boss data for Seazah/Shiza (the Gold Knight that was protecting the Borders in Rigel) for one of the DLC maps, because I did heard a few people were mentioning that he could be cut due to Berkut for fought in that first map in Alm's route in Chapter 4. But, I kinda forgot if he was actually fought in the first part of the map where Berkut is in Echoes or the other one after the map that Berkut is fought in?

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm glad to see that, from the looks of it, they didn't take the low-hanging fruit and make DLC chapters where you visit Marth/Chrobin/Corrin. Class DLC has historically always been the coolest, but fourth-tier classes are a pretty bizarre design choice even for Gaiden; I'm still looking forward to actually seeing them though.

Starsphere Shards are interesting but I wish they weren't DLC

I'm hoping to see the Cipher characters release internationally as well. It wouldn't be the most elegant thing, but I don't see why they couldn't in theory strip away the "oh we're heroes from the Faia Emberumu Saifa Card Game Available Exclusively In Glorious Japan" dialogue and pretend that they're just random world travelers or legendary warriors or something. I reckon that most people in the west would just be happy to get new characters regardless of the change, and it's one of the few localization changes that would be pretty justified if the alternative is not getting them at all.

Or they could just leave them as is, since it's not like Japanese exclusivity has stopped them from dangling FE6 in our face for 15 years.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Interesting. And we have no idea what the Goddess's Gift is? 

Why would we want to be able to make our characters super strong though? Will there be challenge maps later, or is it just for chapter 6?

Goddess's Gifts are free DLC, like Boots. Presumably there will be 4 more rare/exclusive items released like that. I have some ideas for what they could be, but I think I'll finish the game first just to have a better idea ^^

Very good question. I actually assume it's mainly for aesthetics since all classes have the same caps. Or maybe there will be a Series 5+ with super hard maps like you said.

I think that they should have just given the over-classes to the classes that didn't have third-tier promotions. The over-classes for the class trees that already have third tier classes could just be a different option for third-tier classes (like, you could make Tobin a bow knight, and Python the elphant ballistician thing), but that is highly unlikely. I mean, I guess the over-classes look pretty cool, so I guess it really doesn't matter in the end.

The class DLC is super cool but seems kind of, ah, odd?

Like that seems like something built for min-maxing but there doesn't seem to be any "Road to Grandmaster" type challenge DLC? And there's no pvp type stuff at all...probably wont be much help for Lunatic considering they'll probably be a decent difficulty anyway. I guess the class dlc itself could be a challenge but I kind of doubt they'll be in escalating difficulty.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Villager Fork was an item you could get out of the Overclass maps. Either an additional prize or a compensation prize for completing the map without actually having anyone to upgrade, you know?

e: Also, in general, having two sets of grinding dlc for money/treasure/exp is BIZZARE.

Edited by r_n

11 hours ago, nhaer042 said:

Does anyone know if these over-classes get new weapons or skills?

We only have names and icons at the moment. None of the actual DLC files are available.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

So the lost girl and the vagabond (Emma and Lando?)

The Dark saint and the swordsman (Shade and Yuzu?)

Pretty much. For reference, the female version of "Saint" is used, so it's almost definitely Shade.

16 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Could just be the name, but I'm hopeful it's an actual elephant. You can try staring at the class icon.

Looks like a horse I suppose.  Shame, I would've wanted to go full Carthaginian on my enemies.

18 hours ago, escotanner said:

So if the Cipher collaboration is in the dlc that will also release in the West, it could be possible that Cipher will come here as well.

There was that leak floating around a while back that was possibly Cipher being released in the west later this year. It was a little before the Fire Emblem Direct we got. There is a possibility still, and I wouldnt at all be surprised to see it release here. Its a great way of hyping up Fire Emblem even more.

Kind of dissapointed that the Archer class is mounted. I was kind of hoping for a nonmounted Archer, not big on the concept of mounted archers at all. But its not that big of a deal. If they are intended to almost be a tier 4 of sorts, then it makes sense that they are mounted.

EDIT: Is this all the DLC that could possibly be released, or could they release more later? Like a Series 5 or 6?

Edited by Tolvir

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

EDIT: Is this all the DLC that could possibly be released, or could they release more later? Like a Series 5 or 6?

It's always possible there could be more after the current run is done. Awakening & Fates both had additional DLC after the first run was over.

A Final set of "hard" dlc to justify the overclasses, perhaps

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Kind of dissapointed that the Archer class is mounted. I was kind of hoping for a nonmounted Archer, not big on the concept of mounted archers at all. But its not that big of a deal. If they are intended to almost be a tier 4 of sorts, then it makes sense that they are mounted.

I'm actually kind of glad that Bow Knight serves a bit more of a purpose for once, since lately it's really fallen pray to "that class that isn't Sniper/Hero" disease. Sniper wasn't hot in Awakening either, but it was pretty great in Fates.

And yeah, since this class allegedly promotes from Bow Knight, it would be weirder for it to not be mounted. If this were alternate third promotions, then a non-mounted option might be sensible, but we seem to be assuming that isn't the case.

Fourth Tier Classes... there is only one thing I can say that adequately explains how I feel.

FUCK YES! 

This is so cool, we've had third tier classes with gaiden and now we're getting fourth tiers!? Yes please, I don't care if I have to pay extra for stuff that wasn't in the original game. Take my money, Intelligent Systems!

Edited by Thran Starcrod

4 hours ago, r_n said:

It's always possible there could be more after the current run is done. Awakening & Fates both had additional DLC after the first run was over.

A Final set of "hard" dlc to justify the overclasses, perhaps

I hope so, having the Tier 4 classes just seem like overkill without anything like an Apotheosis map/dungeon, or some challenge maps/dungeons. Sure Chapter 6 is supposed to be difficult, but even just for that it seems like overkill.

17 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I hope so, having the Tier 4 classes just seem like overkill without anything like an Apotheosis map/dungeon, or some challenge maps/dungeons. Sure Chapter 6 is supposed to be difficult, but even just for that it seems like overkill.

I guess the Alm & Celica maps could be designated hard dlc but the focus seems to be specifically on the overclass. And I doubt the cipher dlc will be especially hard and that might not even leave japan.

War elephants you say? Now all I need is to have all this in the Genealogy remake so I can reclass Hannibal to one. Mountains will be crossed.

Spoiler

J.M.W. Turner inspired artstyle is ideal, though some of those maps are already pretty epic

In all seriousness, these look pretty cool. I would've like some sort of legacy class like Dread Fighter in Awakening and Ballistician/Witch in Fates, but these look interesting (except for that Baron over-class. I would prefer a less-bulky non-mounted spear user like Sentinel). But still no axe user...

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

23 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

War elephants you say? Now all I need is to have all this in the Genealogy remake so I can reclass Hannibal to one. Mountains will be crossed.

Hide contents

J.M.W. Turner inspired artstyle is ideal, though some of those maps are already pretty epic

In all seriousness, these look pretty cool. I would've like some sort of legacy class like Dread Fighter in Awakening and Ballistician/Witch in Fates, but these look interesting (except for that Baron over-class. I would prefer a less-bulky non-mounted spear user like Sentinel). But still no axe user...

It's kind of awkward since Echoes is a legacy game XD

I guess it could have new classes instead? You know, I'm curious if they'll have the amiibo classes as (free?) DLC. They did that in Fates (as paid DLC).