FE Spin-offs they should and shouldn't make

tumut

I would loveee for a Soul Calibur-esque Fire Emblem exclusive fighting game. There's enough characters and diversity in the cast of fighters to make it good. Maybe more fire emblem games focused on online play? Like an FE heroes but a back to back turn based online play. Lag wouldn't be an issue and there can be a timer for players to make their moves, and an anti-timestall debug where if you consecutively wait unitl the last second to finish your turn you would get flagged and have your time limit decreased for the rest of the match.

If there's one spin off I wouldn't want to see it's a fire emblem puzzle game since puzzle games are everywhere and I don't think a spin off would work very well or be very in depth.

So what spin-offs should we definitely make or not make?

Edited by Lixx

Can I have a FE game starring DQ characters?

Please?

Or the other way around, that works too. My life won't be complete until I see a Terry/Gabo support, though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I agree with the fighting game. Something like Soul Calibur or Samurai Shodown would be neat. I'd also like to see something like Thearhythm Final Fantasy. FE has enough kickin' beats for a rhythm game

Should:

• I kinda want to see a 2D action platformer in the vein of Mega Man Zero/Azure Striker Gunvolt. It'd be interesting to see Fire Emblem take on that genre.
  • The Xenoblader in me wants to see an open-world Fire Emblem in the style of the Xenoblade Chronicles games (whether it be the huge but linear worlds of the original or the massive, expansive world of X).
  • A Fire Emblem fighting game. Call it Fighter Emblem. 
  • Since Wargroove has this as one of the game's features, i'd like to see a Fire Emblem Maker. It might be hard to do but it'd definitely be interesting what types of maps people can come up with.

Shouldn't:

• Don't make Fire Emblem a puzzle game. Puzzle game spin-offs are meh. Puzzle games in general are meh in my opinion (though shoutout to Professor Layton for being the one puzzle game series that I actually enjoy even though I always look up the answer to the puzzles, since I only play Layton for the story, which are good stories actually). Although knowing Nintendo, they'd probably make Fire Emblem Picross and put it on My Nintendo.
  • Fire Emblem: Amiibo Festival.

I have heard people around different parts of the fandom ponder the idea of a fighting game composed entirely of Fire Emblem Characters.

Every time I see this concept brought up all I ever do is sigh. It is an interesting idea, but it is a bit too bizarre for a spin off of Fire Emblem of all things.

Edited by CatManThree

I personally wouldn't like a Fire Emblem fighting game. So many game series do this and I'm not a huge fan of the genre. I just don't think it particularly suits a fighting game, personally.

I would love a theatrerhythmn style game though. That would be the best xD

Fire Emblem Odyssey anyone? Given Etrian Odyssey's tendencies to kill you over and over again, maybe FE wouldn't be ideal. Though I guess things depend on how the Gaiden remake has worked out.

Actually, how about we just flatten FE and make it like Steamworld Heist? Nothing far too radical, but different.

1 hour ago, CatManThree said:

I have heard people around different parts of the fandom ponder the idea of a fighting game composed entirely of Fire Emblem Characters.

Every time I see this concept brought up all I ever do is sigh. It is an interesting idea, but it is a bit too bizarre for a spin off of Fire Emblem of all things.

Mounted units would be weird, and mages would have to have some sort of melee tied in. Clerics would have to be Sages or War clerics. This would probably have to be a tag team, and characters used together could have supports.

Should:

FE x Zelda - This would be amazing! They both have medieval fantasy styles and swords and bows and stuff. It'd be easy to cross the two over. Their gameplay is vastly different, but Nintendo can be so creative that I just know they'd find a way to mix the two beautifully.

FE Fighters - A fighting game with FE characters would be awesome too, imo. I just hope it wouldn't end up feeling too much like Smash or Soul Calibur or something. I wouldn't want it to be compared to those and deemed worse or whatever, causing it to flop. So overall, I'm kind of 50/50 on this, but I would still totally play it. As for the issue of some characters not having weapons, such as healers or dancers, I can see them being support characters instead, a la the support Pokemon in Pokken Tournament. Characters who are normally on a mount would just be unmounted.

Shouldn't:

FE x Pokemon - Just...NO. The idea was already shot down anyway because of Pokemon Conquest, and I can definitely see it being compared to it. I also think the idea is rather silly, but depending on how it was done, I might try it (I did draw a fanart of Ike with a Braviary after all. lol).

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Should:

• I kinda want to see a 2D action platformer in the vein of Mega Man Zero/Azure Striker Gunvolt. It'd be interesting to see Fire Emblem take on that genre.
  • The Xenoblader in me wants to see an open-world Fire Emblem in the style of the Xenoblade Chronicles games (whether it be the huge but linear worlds of the original or the massive, expansive world of X).
  • A Fire Emblem fighting game. Call it Fighter Emblem. 
  • Since Wargroove has this as one of the game's features, i'd like to see a Fire Emblem Maker. It might be hard to do but it'd definitely be interesting what types of maps people can come up with.

Shouldn't:

• Don't make Fire Emblem a puzzle game. Puzzle game spin-offs are meh. Puzzle games in general are meh in my opinion (though shoutout to Professor Layton for being the one puzzle game series that I actually enjoy even though I always look up the answer to the puzzles, since I only play Layton for the story, which are good stories actually). Although knowing Nintendo, they'd probably make Fire Emblem Picross and put it on My Nintendo.
  • Fire Emblem: Amiibo Festival.

An FE platformer is quite a stretch, and I can't imagine FE as a regular RPG. Mapmaking is cool but I don't think it would be enough for its own game.

My joke but not really a joke idea for Fire Emblem mobile was a trading card game, using the existing art from cipher cards. Hearthstone is excellent and I think they could hit that same genre for some serious dough. In a way, Fire Emblem Heroes is kind of a card game, just with RPG elements and no decks.

3 hours ago, Lixx said:

I would loveee for a Soul Calibur-esque Fire Emblem exclusive fighting game.

This instantly makes me think of the strategy side-campaign, Chronicles of the Sword from Soul Calibur 3.  That one and the Weapon Master campaign from SC 2 were the most fun I had playing Soul Calibur single player.  Come on, IS, team up with Bandai Namco and make FE Calibur a thing!

I also lowkey sort of want a Zelda-esque adventure game for FE.  Probably doesn't suit FE, and I'm not sure how they'd implement all the iconic characters of the series in a satisfactory way, but I don't care.  I just want to run around, collecting treasure, using a smorgasbord of equipment and gadgets, and slaying moblins as, like, Hector or Ike.  Or my favorite fashionista, if that isn't too much to ask.

And I want a freakin' FE Maker.  Something like Mario Maker, and as you complete challenges and the like, you get more and more characters to use (you start off using just Marth and the band of warriors he had before he left Talys).  Call me an investor, 'cuz I'd pay top dollar for that to be a thing.

I thought about this one day during a bad fever but..

Fire Emblem with the Career Mode of Sensible World and/or Soccer or Football Manager

It makes no sense at first glance but- different teams could be replaced with lords/noble houses, athletes with knights/mercenaries. Of course, most FE games are too monarchial to justify having stuff like contracts  with units and frequent team-switching, but You can easily substitute a more proper setting- Empire just collapsed but 3 of its great families retain influence while 4 or so of the smaller surrounding country's lords take interest. Conflicts would be possible to take place over much larger periods of time. I'm suggesting FE use management style stats and interface, not actually play football. 

Because of the setup, you could even start the game during different time periods if you for instance, wanted to be an underdog when the empire already had all of the star players/was in its full glory (ala playing as a local club and trying to compete with UEFA). 

1 hour ago, Lixx said:

and I can't imagine FE as a regular RPG

Remember that cancelled FE game for the Wii? It looked like it was going to be like that, just going off the images we saw.

I'm still personally waiting for Pokemon x FE. 

Also, I want FE x Total War or FE x Nobunaga's Ambition. I want something with resource management and dipolomacy essentially . I'll even take FE x Mount and Blade.

I would be up for a FE fighting. In particular if It's similar to a Dissidia game(and in that case, the characters would have specific quotes when fighting a specific character, which is fantastic), tough having one similar to Soul calibur would still be fine.

Did anybody play the Kingdom Under Fire games on the OG Xbox?

I want that. I want a FE-version of that.

For anybody who doesn't know, it was basically a mishmash of a bunch of genres. On a surface level, it looked like a medieval-fantasy RTS with heavy RPG elements. You could upgrade, level up, and equip your armies with a ton of gear and options, and like any good RTS, every unit type had their uses and were effective against certain unit types(IE Archers good against flying units).

When you got into the actual gameplay, it turned into basically a Musou/action game, where you take direct control of the hero you chose to lead these armies and wreck havoc on the opposing army's generics, until you ran across the general/leader, where it'd turn into a much more traditional action game.

Now that I think about it, with FEW coming out, it seems like a natural route for the series to go, if it were to ever try another action-type game again.

How about a FE x Advance Wars game? Your army would be generics and named characters would be the COs of the game, granting different strengths and weaknesses for your soldiers. 

SUPER CO POWER! 

12 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

And I want a freakin' FE Maker.  Something like Mario Maker, and as you complete challenges and the like, you get more and more characters to use (you start off using just Marth and the band of warriors he had before he left Talys).  Call me an investor, 'cuz I'd pay top dollar for that to be a thing.

I'm sure they'd have their own set of series characters, probably more with Amiibo, but I'd rather they give us a detailed character creator that would let you choose a variety of bases so you can make a unique cast of characters from scratch.

Just now, Nobody said:

I'm more interested in the opposite: spin offs of other games that follow the fire emblem gameplay, developed by intelligent systems.

Make it happen, nintendo!

I've kind of always wanted a Smash Emblem for giggles.

On ‎04‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, Nobody said:

I'm more interested in the opposite: spin offs of other games that follow the fire emblem gameplay, developed by intelligent systems.

Make it happen, nintendo!

Image result for pokemon conquest

They already have, I've never played Pokémon Conquest but I'm sure it deserves a sequel since the game is pretty good from what I've heard.

37 minutes ago, tumut said:

They already have, I've never played Pokémon Conquest but I'm sure it deserves a sequel since the game is pretty good from what I've heard.

Not a fire emblem spin off, and it wasn't made by IS, it was made by Koei Tecmo. I've played it, though. Nice game, but doesn't play like fire emblem at all.

Edited by Nobody