GameXplain plays the full English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for 1 hour (hands on preview)

I just saw GameXplain posted a video of the video that they received a review copy of the English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Ash Paulsen from GameXplain mentions something really good about Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. By the way, I didn't get a chance to listen and watch to the whole video, I'll watch it later after getting done with my Computer Lab hours and also, can you guys please might find some localized names that we haven't seen it yet from one of the footages that we saw earlier?

Edit: Wait what? How did the glitch made a reply that made a duplicate from first post from this thread? (Ok, I can't seem to edit the first post from this thread for strange reason and I tried to go back and press the edit button on the first post of this thread, it took me back to this post instead?)

2nd Edit that was meant for the top post and I can't seem to edit the post: I looked at the description of the video, they played about 1 hour. 

Edited by King Marth 64

'Every line of dialogue is voiced, and the delivery was consistently strong and engaging in the scenes I got to see. I n fact I'd even go as far as to say the English voice acting echoes Kid Icarus: Uprising in its earnestness and professionalism.'

I came.

This made me super hyped even more than I already was. thank Duma that this game has decent English voice acting.

Haven't watched the video yet, but where do they say they received a review copy? In the description, they only say they played it for an hour. Feels a bit too early for the English review copy to be out. Can't wait to take a look at the video when I am able to.

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Haven't watched the video yet, but where do they say they received a review copy? In the description, they only say they played it for an hour. Feels a bit too early for the English review copy to be out. Can't wait to take a look at the video when I am able to.

Look at the second post that shows "2nd Edit". I had trouble editing the topic and it took me straight to the glitch reply from this new glitch I just encountered, but it still works with editing the topic title, but not the top post for strange reason.

Edited by King Marth 64

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

They didn't receive a reviewed copy, they were invited by Nintendo to play it for an hour.

I'm not totally satisfied with certain changes to the game, but for some reason full English voice acting exites me so much I'm fully prepared to call it my new favorite if it hits that hight. Is that weird?

Edited by PeaceRibbon

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

It's almost certainly Cam Clarke.

Seconding Water Mage-- neither Cam Clarke or Grant George have much vocal range, and he sounds like a dead ringer for Grant George.

That dialogue was so good. I'm really loving the work of 8-4 so far.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Clive? Not Cam Clarke. It's Grant George, he also voices the Warrior of Light in Dissidia. 

I honestly had the same tought. WOL and Clive aren't 100% identical voice-wise, but they sounds very, very similar in terms of voice

52 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I'm not totally satisfied with certain changes to the game, but for some reason full English voice acting exites me so much I'm fully prepared to call it my new favorite if it hits that hight. Is that weird?

Nah man, It's the same for me too(well kind of, considering that It would be among my favorites, but not my absolute favorite)

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Clive? Not Cam Clarke. It's Grant George, he also voices the Warrior of Light in Dissidia. 

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Seconding Water Mage-- neither Cam Clarke or Grant George have much vocal range, and he sounds like a dead ringer for Grant George.

Yeah, I just listened to the English dub video and I agree now. The reason I said Clarke was thanks to the NWR videos where Clive sounded a lot like him,  considering Clarke's connection with FE recently I thought I had it right on.

It sounds much more like Grant George here though, Clair seems to be keeping Alexis Tipton, Gray has Max Mittelman, and Tobin is likely Robbie Daymond.

aw alm's pretty cute actually

but really, that voice acting is great, I love that they're doing full voice acting. it was probably the thing I was looking forward to the absolute most about this game and it doesn't look like it's gonna disappoint. i was more concerned about the dialogue than the voice acting, and that seems to be pretty good too.  looking forward to seeing more

Some people have been saying Clive's and Clair's dialogue sounds a bit stilted. To which I say: they're nobles. The violet-tinged language used is completely intentional.

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

What changes are you talking about?

Mostly the magic system and the unclear as all get out leveling/promotion system. I'm sure I'll grow accustomed to these, but they just make me worried I'll need special strategies to deal with them, and said strategies not being all that fun. I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid.

29 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Some people have been saying Clive's and Clair's dialogue sounds a bit stilted. To which I say: they're nobles. The violet-tinged language used is completely intentional.

I mean just compare those two to Tobin & Gray that follow right after. Flowery language+distinct enunciation was definitely on purpose.

15 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Mostly the magic system and the unclear as all get out leveling/promotion system. I'm sure I'll grow accustomed to these, but they just make me worried I'll need special strategies to deal with them, and said strategies not being all that fun. I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid.

Oh, don't worry about that, you'll get used to it. This is from someone who started with playing Awakening in Casual mode, then slowly switched to Classic and then managed to play almost all of the older titles. If I did it, you can too XD

I just had a depressing thought-- we didn't see anything of Kliff during this scene.
SoV lets you skip Kliff and Faye with Alm so Celica can pick them up right before the end of Cahpter 2.
So it seems that neither of them will have any involvement in plot-important scenes.