GameXplain plays the full English version of Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for 1 hour (hands on preview)

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

I just had a depressing thought-- we didn't see anything of Kliff during this scene.
SoV lets you skip Kliff and Faye with Alm so Celica can pick them up right before the end of Cahpter 2.
So it seems that neither of them will have any involvement in plot-important scenes.

Yeah it would seem so. I mean, we have base convos to hear so that's a plus. I wonder if there will be any special base convos if you pick them up with Celica. I heard someone say that they have special dialogue if you picked them up with her instead. 

Also, what happens if the plot important characters died? Does their dialogue get cut and will there be alternate lines in certain cases? Would certain base convos and supports never happened, such as Delthea/Clair if Clive is dead Unless Delthea is a little asshole who finds dead people attractive. Huh, you can really screw up the game if you manage to somehow kill off Gray before he even meets Clair, because as far as I know, her endings are with Gray or not with, nothing else.

Anyways, I can't wait for SoV. Full voice-acting and GOOD voice acting is a super big addition. I really hope they decide to keep the voice acting to installments in the future. It'll definitely add more character and emotion to scenes that I usually quickly read through.

Edited by KongDude88

39 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I just had a depressing thought-- we didn't see anything of Kliff during this scene.
SoV lets you skip Kliff and Faye with Alm so Celica can pick them up right before the end of Cahpter 2.
So it seems that neither of them will have any involvement in plot-important scenes.

This is true for every non-forced character (Kliff, Faye, Silque, Forsyth, Python, Genny, Valbar, Leon, Kamui, etc.). 

4 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

From the look of that cut scene the writing looks far more solid than the other recent fire emblems and the voice acting is beautiful 

I know, I loved the way Clive spoke in a more formal and old-fashioned way.  I felt that it was a small touch that added to the medieval fantasy of the world.  Whereas, Fates' writing didn't really have that tiny detail.  I feel, for myself anyway, that it makes a big difference.