10 mins of gameplay from GameSpot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Python calling everyone else a stud when he's the biggest stud in the game :p

The voice acting is really good. I'm glad they're adding some variety to the cast. Also, I like the way the characters interact with each other, especially Gray and Tobin.

3 hours ago, Hoshidokoala said:

I'm liking that Silque doesn't have a high-pitched, girly voice because she's a healer (I know there are exceptions, but that always has felt like a theme with healers to me)

I agree so much. This is especially true in the Japanese dub. Genny's keeping the high-pitched voice though, I'm wondering how Tatiana's voice will be.

Edited by Pikappa93

2 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

I agree so much. This is especially true in the Japanese dub. Genny's keeping the high-pitched voice though, I'm guessing how Tatiana's voice will be.

Tatiana's JP voice is almost JP Felicia levels bad. I hope they don't try and make it a 1:1. 

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Tatiana's JP voice is almost JP Felicia levels bad. I hope they don't try and make it a 1:1. 

I was kind of hoping Tati would have more of a mature, deeper voice and her voice in the JP version really surprised me. I hope if anyone voices her it's Olivia's voice actress. It's mature but still has that young feel.

Edited by Azz

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I was kind of hoping Tati would have more of a mature, deeper voice and her voice in the JP version really surprised me. I hope if anyone voices her it's Olivia's voice actress. It's mature but still has that young feel.

Yeah, Tatiana looks a lot younger than she did in Gaiden anyway. And I agree, an Olivia-like voice would fit her.

If anybody feels tempted to look at the comments in that video: Don't.

That said, good on GS for just uploading raw gameplay rather than a bunch of commentary. I found this video much more insightful than the GameXplain video.

14 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If anybody feels tempted to look at the comments in that video: Don't.

That said, good on GS for just uploading raw gameplay rather than a bunch of commentary. I found this video much more insightful than the GameXplain video.

Glancing through them, I'm really just seeing "Disappointed people are mad about no marriage mechanics and/or no WT"; nothing too bad.

That said, yeah, it was more informative than Gamexplain's (personally wish they'd got Derrick there; he's gotten a lot better and more receptive since the FE7 streams I mocked).

Just now, The DanMan said:

Glancing through them, I'm really just seeing "Disappointed people are mad about no marriage mechanics and/or no WT"; nothing too bad.

That said, yeah, it was more informative than Gamexplain's (personally wish they'd got Derrick there; he's gotten a lot better and more receptive since the FE7 streams I mocked).

The first half of the comments are people reacting to the other half, which are "Shame there are no kids, I'll be skipping this." or "Seems like they're going backwards. Skip."

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The first half of the comments are people reacting to the other half, which are "Shame there are no kids, I'll be skipping this." or "Seems like they're going backwards. Skip."

Meh, that's a small faction of the community...or at least I hope so. Most of the newer fanbase are psyched about this game.

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Meh, that's a small faction of the community...or at least I hope so. Most of the newer fanbase are psyched about this game.

It probably is. It's a GameSpot video, so the audience is completely different than this community.

Seeing people on both sides in a more "mainstream" video is probably a good sign, at least.

Edited by Slumber

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The question is, will this affect sales in the West? My guess is, probably not. The Internet typically distorts proportions, especially on places like YouTube. I mean, i don't expect SoV to sell as well as Fates (even if it was a 3-in-1 game) or Awakening but i see it selling well enough to warrant future remakes. Also

2 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Most of the newer fanbase are psyched about this game.

Can (maybe) confirm this. Most of the newer fanbase I've talked to is hyped of this game. Some are still skeptical, but skeptical as in "will I get used to these mechanics" and not "this seems like a downgrade". The ones that i've talked to who are skeptical are really just concerned with the HP Cost mechanic.

2 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I'm ok with no Avatar, kids and marriage. But after watching some let's play's; the map design and gameplay is becoming a deal breaker for me; it looks like a slog to play through, honestly. 

This was the case.........in Gaiden. Mainly because slow, unskippable animations. In Echoes, you can thankfully now speed up the animations or skip them entirely.

Map design is......yeah. It's not good. But if you've played Awakening, then bland map design is nothing new. Difference here is that Echoes still requires actual strategy as opposed to Awakening, where most of the game can be cheesed via Pair-Ups.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This was the case.........in Gaiden. Mainly because slow, unskippable animations. In Echoes, you can thankfully now speed up the animations or skip them entirely.

Map design is......yeah. It's not good. But if you've played Awakening, then bland map design is nothing new. Difference here is that Echoes still requires actual strategy as opposed to Awakening, where most of the game can be cheesed via Pair-Ups.

While the map design in Echoes is definitely a step down from Conquest and I would have liked it if they could re-make them to be not so bland, if the quality of them is on par with Awakening's maps, I think I'll be good. That game also had rather unexciting maps and I still had fun with it. And it seems like everything else about this game is rather good.