What would you like to see in the future?

Big Smoke

With the April update having come out recently, with Seals, repositioning and all that jazz, I figured I'd start a topic for everyone to brainstorm about what we'd like to see in future updates. It can be soon, or it can be far in the future. Maybe a Nintendo employee will come across this, so let's get down as many ideas as possible!

Firstly, I'd like to see Ike in the game. They have the GALL to put him on the title screen, but not IN THE GAME?? RAAAAGEEEEE!!!

But in all seriousness, it would be great to see him, along with his Aether animation, which brings me into my next point:

Unique animations. Besides their designs, most characters look the same in combat. It gets stale. You'd think an outlaw/assassin would shoot a bow differently than a professionally trained archer. All with his left-handedness and Zephiel's spinny-flare-things are a great start, and I'd love to see more.

Live multiplayer. Arena is great for challenging battles, but wen better would be real-time battles against players worldwide. Could do a similar thing to Arena wth ranks and weekly rewards or something like that. And that is a good transition into the next thing...

Friendly battles. Let's us have battles with our friends, live and not. It would be a great thing to just bring people together and play against each other to showcase heroes and improve strategies. Then real competitive rings and tournaments could be formed. Heck, there's already tier lists, and those are used in competitive games to judge usefulness of weapons/characters/etc.

Pair up mechanics. Now, this is a large maybe, as it may be too OP. Since you can only have four units on the field, actual pair-up would seem pointless. However, of two units are adjacent to each other, it would be cool to have a weakened attack from the unit that isn't attacking. Because if the nature of Heroes, it may have to be 30% of original damage, or lower, opposed to half damage like it was in Fates (and I'm pretty sure Awakening too, I don't think the proportion changed)

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to post anything! Can be characters, abilities, weapons, etc, or something bigger like mechanics or game modes (we already know Defense and Reinforcements will be coming a la notifications) Can't wait to see everyone's ideas

From an old thread:

On 3/17/2017 at 3:00 PM, Ice Dragon said:

They're slowly adding in more sources of feathers, so I think they're moving in the right direction in terms of the 5-star promotion cost.

As for what I'd like:

Re-roll nature

Currently, the only way to obtain a new roll on a character's nature is to pull a new copy of the character. Even for whales, this is simply not a feasible way to attempt to obtain optimal non-focus 5-star-only characters. I can't imagine a significant portion of their revenue comes from players attempting such a feat, and I'd estimate that whales attempting for a simple +10 (and just hoping for an optimal nature among them) would cover a larger portion of their sales.

I personally think the best implementation of this would be by using feathers as the resource. A cost of 1,000 feathers per re-roll, equivalent to the feathers received by sending home 1 5-star character or just over 3 4-star characters, is relatively fair. This gives an average value of 21,000 feathers spent per character if aiming for 1 specific nature, which is similar to the cost of upgrading a 4-star character to a 5-star character. It's a high enough number that this option is a meaningful choice for a player to make while not be overly prohibitive, especially considering that feathers are slowly becoming easier to obtain.

Higher maximum character limit

The current limit to expanding your character limit is 500. That's just under an average of 5 copies of each character. Now that skill inheritance is a thing, I'm having significant difficulty keeping my character count far enough from the limit to not have to clean my character list every 2 pull sets. At the very least, let me upgrade it to 1,000 (just under 10 copies of each character).

Defensive passive skills (and more specialized defensive special skills)

We have passive skills that increase character stats during player phase (e.g. Death Blow), but few passive skills that can be considered defensive for use on enemy phase. The closest are the defensive special skills, none of which are capable of activating on the first hit and therefore require setup of some sort, and Triangle Adept, which only works against enemies the character already has weapon triangle advantage against.

Two weapons (Binding Blade and Naga) have a passive effect of granting +2 Def and +2 Res on enemy phase, and I think more effects like this would make sense.

Personally, I'd like something similar to Pokémon's Multiscale ability (-50% damage received when at full health in Pokémon) as either a B-type skill (making it incompatible with more offensive options like Quick Riposte and Desperation) or a zero-cooldown special skill (zero-cooldown because it only activates at full health).

Alternatively, a zero-cooldown special skill that only activates at full health and prevents HP from depleting past 1 HP could also be interesting, essentially Miracle, but only and always activating at full health.

Nihil

And variants of it. For example:

Fortune: Zero-cooldown special skill or A-type passive skill, prevents opponent's special skill from activating against this unit. (Perhaps also prevent units from building their special skill gauge against this unit.)

Nihil: B-type passive skill, prevents opponent's combat-related A-type and B-type passive skills from activating against this unit.

Negate Aura: C-type passive skill, prevents enemies within 2 tiles from receiving or activating the effect of C-type passive skills. ("True" buffs like Hone Atk will remain as long as it was received from outside of the skill's range.)

Lockdown: C-type passive skill, prevents enemies within 2 tiles from using or being targets of mobility assist skills, passive skills that reposition units, or passive skills that allow teleportation.

EDIT: One more.

Merge other characters for SP

It'd be nice to be able to merge non-matching characters for flat SP to help get SP for level-40 characters. They should probably provide half the SP as a matching character.

8 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Live multiplayer. Arena is great for challenging battles, but wen better would be real-time battles against players worldwide. Could do a similar thing to Arena wth ranks and weekly rewards or something like that. And that is a good transition into the next thing...

This would not work. Unless there was a way to force units to actually engage in combat with each other, no player is going to willingly walk into a battle they cannot hope to win or walk into range of the opponent without attacking, which results in either one side curbstomping the other or both sides shuffling around and staring at each other across a 5-square divide forever.

This is why playing against the AI works because the AI will move their units to attack you regardless of its chances to win.

I'll tell you one thing I'd like them to do: make it so only favorited units show up in the castle plaza home screen. I'm sick of looking at little shits like Jagen and Hana who are only being kept around for skill inheritance... Lemme see my ppl I actually care about underneath my current team. 

That's what I want ¬3¬

More animations for sure. That default sword pose is lame and almost every infantry sword character uses it.

I don't particularly have a problem with Blade tomes or buff stacking in general, but adding the Parity skill to ignore all temporary stat changes between both units seems like a great counter.

Aside from a few exceptions, regular weapons can't compare with legendaries. Anyone with a legendary weapon automatically has an extra -- usually superior -- option over someone running with a Killing Edge+ or some such. It'd be interesting if they added either one-time inheritable unique weapons or Sacred Seals that activate only when equipped with a specific 5* standard weapon.

The pity rate on banners should really count across all banners instead of individually. I doubt this'll ever change because it directly affects money-making game, but the bi-weekly reset has a tendency to crap on any good will those extra .5% bumps were supposed to provide.

I'm honestly mostly happy with the game as-is, though I hope the seasonal Heroes won't change too much because I ain't spending any Orbs on more space for Units and I don't want my place clogged with rare Units I can't bring myself to get rid of because they may never return(I pull Spring Xander and then immediately get the opportunity to get the Whitewings, who I wanted more, but can't just Inherit Skill Xander onto one of them because Seasonal? That's just inconsiderate, IS). Really, the only thing I'm hoping for are the Cipher characters, particularly because I want to see how close my guesses on each of their voices end up to the official ones.

- I think being able to re-roll boon/banes would be a great addition. I feel like they might not do that one though, since that'd be something that lowers how much rolling people do if they can just fix the bad stat characters they have instead of trying to roll for a replacement. Like Ice said, even whales don't like how it is now, so maybe IS will listen to complaints if people speak up about it enough. (they listened with stamina after all)

- Some new method, a special seal, or some other mode that allows better and faster ways of gaining SP. Being stuck with grinding the training tower for 3 SP per kill as the only method right now sucks. It doesn't really benefit IS by having us do it that way, and only creates tedium for players. So maybe have a seal to equip that boosts SP gain, and/or daily quests that give an SP potion or something to use on a unit.

- A permanent daily orb thing for logging in. I mean, we've kind of gotten that since there's only been a short lull between when they cut off having some event that does that, but I'd feel better if it was just a solid feature of 2 orbs per day.

- Seconding that the pity rate should stretch across all banners. I originally expected it to work that way but it's kind of lame it doesn't. I don't think they'd lose too much money by allowing that change and it'd help out players that are really getting fucked with luck.

- More stuff that gives the units you've already maxed out and continue to regularly use more "progression" and stuff to be gained by using them. Hero Merit was a good start, but I hope they keep going in that line of thought.

- I think player vs player battles sound cool, but I'm fine with the way things currently are where it's all AI. If anything, no-stakes friendly battles with people on your friend list would be as much as I'd want.

Edited by Alkaid

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

From an old thread:

This would not work. Unless there was a way to force units to actually engage in combat with each other, no player is going to willingly walk into a battle they cannot hope to win or walk into range of the opponent without attacking, which results in either one side curbstomping the other or both sides shuffling around and staring at each other across a 5-square divide forever.

This is why playing against the AI works because the AI will move their units to attack you regardless of its chances to win.

Quite true, maybe just with friends. I was kinda annoyed when me and my friend were both new to the game and we found out we couldn't play against each other.

I like the idea of boon/bane rerolls that cost hero feathers. I also like only favorited heroes showing up on the home screen. And if you don't have enough favorites (along with you current team like it is now) random ones will be thrown in.

The only thing I want is the ability to obtain the Grand Hero Battle heroes after their map. . .or give us another source of B Tomebreaker.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The only thing I want is the ability to obtain the Grand Hero Battle heroes after their map. . .or give us another source of B Tomebreaker.

^^^ more Blue Tomebreaker please and thank you.

also this isn't really game related but i'd really like if they made it where you can see your phone's battery life and the time when you're playing. it drains my battery pretty fast and i never realize until it hits the 20% mark and brings up a notification. only a minor thing but it kind of irritates me.

I'd like more quests that give orbs as a reward. :V Even 1 orb is better than yet another Duel Sword. No point in those when there aren't even any Arena Daily Quests.

This may be minor, but I wish there was a way to sort characters alphabetically, and also to sort them without leaving your current team at the top.

Currently, I have to leave empty slots for one team just to see all my characters without the four being taken out, and it's an annoyance. Plus I like things to be alphabetical to make finding the one character easier. Currently the easiest way for me to find someone is to sort by origin, but once there's even more characters from one game (plus all the dupes I pull), it's really hard to find the one unit I'm looking for.

I actually don't want to see flaws/assets rerolls. Random stats and RNG screwage or blessing has always been in the FE series.
FEH's flaw/asset system does a nice job emulating random growths.

-A flaw/asset reroll would be nice. Some flaws/assets can make or break a character so Ice Dragon's suggestion of 1000 feathers per reroll sounds reasonable.
-an improved method of feather and SP grinding. Even with the improved Stamina limit, it's way too tedious to grind these. I think you should get 6 SP per kill after you hit Lv 40 on a 5* character. You can usually get enough SP to buy all of a character's native skills but if you want to equip anything else, you're in for a loooong grind.
-A way to check the flaw/asset of characters. It's easy enough to check the Heroes wiki but I think this could be built into the game itself. Pokemon does this by shading the two growths affected by Natures.
-A hero trading system. I don't know how much usage I'd get out of this because I don't have duplicates of valuable characters but I think the option would be nice. As it stands, the friend's list is a rather pointless part of the game. There isn't any meaningful interaction between players but there could be if a trading system was implemented.
-More opportunities to gets skills. A number of skills are locked to 5* pulls, even if that skill isn't especially noteworthy. Most skills should be acquirable through a few 4* characters. Looking at the Skill thread here, many skills are only up to level 3 on one character. 
-A broader selection of 3* characters.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:39 PM, a bear said:

Aside from a few exceptions, regular weapons can't compare with legendaries. Anyone with a legendary weapon automatically has an extra -- usually superior -- option over someone running with a Killing Edge+ or some such. It'd be interesting if they added either one-time inheritable unique weapons or Sacred Seals that activate only when equipped with a specific 5* standard weapon.

The killer weapons might need a damage boost but not all regular weapons are bad. Brave, Silver, Blade, Raven and even the Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire weapons all have their usages. Armor slayers are pretty shit though, when having WTA (or strong magic) is often enough to overcome their defenses.

YES, GIMME IKE ALREADY, DAMN IT. I'm tired of seeing him on the title screen, but not in the actual game!

But yeah, in all seriousness, I'm all for the re-rolling for boons and banes or at least a way to change the ones your characters have. I pulled Ephraim the other day! EPHRAIM! <3

But he's -Atk. :( He can still work this way, but I'd have still preferred +Atk or +Def (but not -Def or -Spd). Ephraim is a rare pull, so it's not like I'll get him again anytime soon. So I wish I could just change his boon and bane to be more favorable.

Also, you have poor souls like Rezzy who gets almost nothing BUT -Atk 5 stars...

Edited by Anacybele

...an actual British-English localisation would be nice.

I also agree that being able to see your units' asset/flaw combo in-game would save time, especially since I don't think we have the data to determine them at levels 2-19 at the moment.

I don't want asset/flaw re-rolls, though. That would just force people to spend feathers on that to stay competitive. Learn to use what you have instead of complaining about what you don't.

More free orbs, plz

21 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

The killer weapons might need a damage boost but not all regular weapons are bad. Brave, Silver, Blade, Raven and even the Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire weapons all have their usages. Armor slayers are pretty shit though, when having WTA (or strong magic) is often enough to overcome their defenses.

I mean, a Silver weapon is strictly inferior to any legendary weapon (except Dire Thunder on enemy phase), a Killer Axe is very much so inferior to Hauteclere, etc. If your run-of-the-mill character can't make good use of a Brave/Gem/quality normal weapon, they're completely outclassed by any similar unit with a legendary (and even then, the legendary user has the same access to those good normie weapons). Shouldn't there be more these characters can use?

Now, they've at least been adding stuff like Wo Dao and Firesweep Bow to the normal weapon pool (even if Karel is way too rare). That's good, and I want more of that, but it has a huge investment cost and still does nothing about all the other common trash weapons. Those could be buffed I suppose, but that's a risky prospect.

Sacred Seals on the other hand, those are pretty flexible but come with a simple one-copy restriction, so it would seem to me that that's the easiest way to implement a fix. Suppose some super hard quest or battle is added and you can win a Murgleis seal instead of more Draugs or Dueling Crests. Maybe the seal only activates when the user is equipped with a Silver Bow+ or some other 5* weapon, replacing it with Murgleis. Maybe it doesn't work if the user owns a legendary. Maybe they have to have 1000 Hero Merit and level 40 too, whatever. Either way, you've got a new quality weapon that doesn't involve obscenely lucky pulls or 40k feather investments and can only ever be used by one unit at a time. It doesn't necessarily have to be great ("comes with Obstruct 2!") but it's still better than that Silver Sword+. Probably nicer looking too.

The ability to obtain additional copies of heroes by redoing Hero Battles and Grand Hero Battles. Would also like Raigh and Matthew to be added to the daily rotation for an even 2-week rotation and because Virion, a free unit who joins automatically just like Raigh and Matthew, gets his own Hero battle. Also allows free players to experiment with limited amounts of skill inheritance or get small amounts of feathers. Redoing Grand Hero Battles would allow players to get additional copies of Grand Hero Battle units for merges or for skill inheritance (Narcian is the only hero who learns Lancebreaker 3 at 4-star rarity; female Robin is the only hero who learns Blue Tomebreaker at all; Zephiel can be an alternate source of Life and Death and Wary Fighter).

Perhaps Hero Battles can be cleared for a reward once per day, effectively making it so that an additional copy of a specific hero can be obtained without summoning only once every 2 weeks. Not sure about Grand Hero Battles besides just rereleasing them for a limited time.

I would like special interactions between characters... Let Roy have small chat with his dad, let Lucina talk with Seliph! Just small conversations for fun, like supports you know.

Also, I would like to see another way to get heroes. Like minigames... Like a crane game for 1-2 stars characters maybe? I don't know, something like that, keep using the orbs, of course, but... I don't know, I think something like a minigame could be fun lol

-Like Everyone else a Nature (Boon/Bane, whatever you want to call it) reroll would be nice for non-whales since the chances of us getting multiples of a good unit is rare...speaking of which...

-A Generic enemy that can give +1 to a unit after merging them a certain amount of that generic unit. Again, making the lives of non-whales easier by having a way to get 5* units a +1 without needing a 2nd of that unit, the only downside being that you have to obtain multiples of that unit from a potently difficult battle, and a limit that they only get the unit to 5 times (does not work if a unit is at +10).

-In-between Battle Ballots a similar battle system could be set in place, This isn't a full bracket but rather a 1 on 1 between two units. After 6 days, the team with the most points will receive some feathers, the losing team will receive feathers as well, just not as much (like the winning team receives 1500 feathers and the losing team receives 1000 feathers). the next day a new set of two units will be available to choose from and the cycle repeats. (basically a way to help get feathers Faster)

-Live Multiplayer, while the idea of an Arena mode would be quite boring since some of you already mentioned it, I thought of a Co-op mode instead. in it both players control the first two members of their current party (so say your team is Abel, Takumi, Peri, Cherche only Abel and Takumi would take part in the Co-op battle). You can even take on different versions of Grand Hero Battles, making it into a 6v7 with you and your friend supplying 3 units each, to compensate the maps will be bigger.

-Support Conversations, these don't have to be 3-4 part stories, these supports are pretty much "how would these two interact" like for example: Y!Tiki and A!Tiki's support is about A!Tiki knowing what will happen to her younger self and is worrisome to be with her, meanwhile Y!Tiki treats A!Tiki much like a older sister and wants to be with her, or Marth reacting to A!Tiki. While these would be cosmetic in the long run, they would give rewards after viewing them, namely things like a small amount of Feathers (50-200), an orb, Badges, Sacred Seals, Inheriting skills without sacrificing a unit, even a Dueling Crest or Stamina Potion (similar to another mobile game I play that has these sort of conversations). Conversations involving rarer units (like one involving Lucina and Takumi for example) or ones that involve 3 or more units (like Elise and Retainers, Spring Festival, etc.) give bigger rewards.

Edited by Rygalla