A Master Class in Strategy Trailer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I couldn't hear very well through the narrator (Mycen?), but it sounds like Jesse is voiced by Kaiji Tang. Mycen's voice is also extremely familiar, I'm certain he was a Dort 3 Worker in Gundam IBO.

I was expecting a deeper confident voice from him, especially with his personality and design.

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

Wait, WHAT?! Silque as a Sage?! What?!!? That's not possible! Mae using Excalibur!? WHAT?! 

What the hell is going on here?!

Did NOA fundamentally change the game or something!? 

I totally think it could be a new reclass item that reclassed for certain characters similar to Awakening and Fates or it might be possible be that Villager Item that we did heard about that was shown from the Data. I kinda think about it, I do recall that we did get three new items that were exclusive to the Dawn Brigade members Nolan, Leonardo, and Edward that was introduced in the Localized versions of Radiant Dawn, but it wasn't included in the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn and I think I did saw Lyn has a special Blade Lord attack animation with equipping the Sol Kati in The Blazing Blade Localized versions that did not appeared in the Japanese versions of The Blazing Blade either?

4 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Huh, we must have very different ears then. This one sounds a little more mature and a lot less... Felicia-ey. I don't know how to describe it.

It's little hard too tell. I totally think it's possible that Cup of Tea Productions probably have the same voice actress from Heroes for Catria in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia since the game voice recordings is definitely developed at the same time as Heroes did?

5 minutes ago, Silent Mercenary said:

Silque as sage could be possible with the Villager's Fork they may release in future dlc. It seems to be the new name for non-Celica priestesses/promoted mages.

No, I did looked at the Famistu scans that we had earlier that was shown, Mae has the same similar design as Celica's except with Red color. Priestess has the Sword in their Map Icons and Silque's Map Icon has the Staff in her hand & it's similar to the Male Sage's Map Icon.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

It's little hard too tell. I totally think it's possible that Cup of Tea Productions probably have the same voice actress from Heroes for Catria in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia since the game voice recordings is definitely developed at the same time as Heroes did?

We're definitely gonna have to wait and hear more to hear proper judgement. I don't see why they wouldn't stick with "Connor Kelley" (Julianne Alexander), but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

No, I did looked at the Famistu scans that we had earlier that was shown, Mae has the same similar design as Celica's except with Red color. Priestess has the Sword in their Map Icons and Silque's Map Icon has the Staff in her hand & it's similar to the Male Sage's Map Icon.

Yeah, but the weird thing is, is that Silque uses the default male sage battle model instead of a modified female one, which is bizarre. 

18 minutes ago, Silent Mercenary said:

Silque as sage could be possible with the Villager's Fork they may release in future dlc. It seems to be the new name for non-Celica priestesses/promoted mages.

Even if the villager fork does get released in DLC, by going through Mage, Silque would promote to Priestess, which is Celica's base class like that female Mages rather than Sage like the male Mages do, which that clearly was as it shares the same map sprite and model.

There's also no current explanation for Mae using Excalibur. Shes doesn't learn it, and there's no data currently to show that Mages can learn new spells through DLC, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Emerson

18 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

True tho. One of the worst ones was saying "Seriously awakening and fates fans are the worst part of the fe community" with no relation to the video. AND the commenter was literally named Nohrian Scum along with a Takumi profile pic. 

How odd. I never actually ran into that comment until just now. But yeah that's rich coming from someone who seems to enjoy Fates based on their profile pic.

On a different and completely unnecessary note, I might be jumping to conclusions but I think this is a translated, simplified version of the Japanese overview trailer we saw a while back. This is the one I'm talking about. There are some pretty interesting similarities:

-0:23 for JP; 0:08 for NA (Introduction)
-0:54 for JP; 0:33 for NA (Map and Victory Conditions) (Only the JP version shows footage of switching parties)
-1:38 for JP; 0:57 for NA (Classes) (NA showcases the Dread Fighter and Sage Silque while JP shows the Mercenary)
-3:08 for JP; 1:38 for NA (Kliff destroying the enemy as all five promotable classes)
-5:00 for JP; 1:46 for NA (Casual and Classic modes along with Mila's turnwheel. Using Jesse and Clive as examples)
-3:27 for JP; 2:26 for NA (Skills) (Also Catra's voice does sound like her voice from Heroes)

Basically, my point is that most of the footage from the JP trailer is reused and translated in this one. I don't even know why I did all of this.

Oh man, this video is amazing for the tiny errors alone.

Silque the Sage with 20 HP even though Sages have 32 HP and then she appears as a Saint in the Mila's Turnwheel explanation.

Definitely modified via a debug menu.

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

How odd. I never actually ran into that comment until just now. But yeah that's rich coming from someone who seems to enjoy Fates based on their profile pic.

On a different and completely unnecessary note, I might be jumping to conclusions but I think this is a translated, simplified version of the Japanese overview trailer we saw a while back. This is the one I'm talking about. There are some pretty interesting similarities:

-0:23 for JP; 0:08 for NA (Introduction)
-0:54 for JP; 0:33 for NA (Map and Victory Conditions) (Only the JP version shows footage of switching parties)
-1:38 for JP; 0:57 for NA (Classes) (NA showcases the Dread Fighter and Sage Silque while JP shows the Mercenary)
-3:08 for JP; 1:38 for NA (Kliff destroying the enemy as all five promotable classes)
-5:00 for JP; 1:46 for NA (Casual and Classic modes along with Mila's turnwheel. Using Jesse and Clive as examples)
-3:27 for JP; 2:26 for NA (Skills) (Also Catra's voice does sound like her voice from Heroes)

Basically, my point is that most of the footage from the JP trailer is reused and translated in this one. I don't even know why I did all of this.

It is for the most part, but that shot of Mae using Excalibur and Silque as a Sage was never in the original. Instead of Silque as a Sage and talking about both Mages and Clerics at the same time, it showed Mae using Fire, and then Silque as a Cleric healing. It baffles me as to why they would do that to be honest.

Also, here's that comment for you.

CRswfCQ.png

I bet they were probably just trying to start a flame war, rather than just showing their hatred for Awakening and Fates for no reason.

Edited by Emerson

12 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Silque the Sage with 20 HP even though Sages have 32 HP and then she appears as a Saint in the Mila's Turnwheel explanation.

That has to be the best explanation. The question is, though, why did they change it so much for the trailer? 

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Wait really, Sage classes' starting health is 32 HP? And also, is this really our actual first look at Silque as a Sage and the first Female Sage looks like in Echoes like this could possibly be DLC correct or does the other females have the Sage data in the game data? And also, does that Villager Reclass Item allows other Male Units and Female Units have the same promotional choices as the villagers from Ram Village, Atlas, and 3 Mercenary Units that finally turns into Dread Fighters changes back into Dread Fighter correct or is it really hard to tell?

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, Leif said:

That has to be the best explanation. The question is, though, why did they change it so much for the trailer? 

I guess they didn't want it to be a 100% copy pasta of the Japanese trailer, but whoever provided the additional footage either made some schoolboy errors or knowingly slipped them in for kicks.

I have no explanations for the Alm's Army mistake though. Could be a pointer mishap or an editing error. I guess the build the video is from is still a WIP...

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait really, Sages starter health is 32 HP? And also, is this really our actual first look at Silque as a Sage and the first Female Sage looks like in Echoes like this could possibly be DLC correct or does the other females have the sage data in the game data? And also, does that Villager Reclass Item allows other Male Units and Female Units have the same promotional choices as the villagers from Ram Village, Atlas, and 3 Mercenary Units that finally turns into Dread Fighters changes back into Dread Fighter correct or is it really hard to tell?

Silque used the MALE model for the sage class, there is no female sage model since female sages don't exist in Gaiden and Echoes. The same goes for the mercenary class. There are no female mercenaries. If Silque used the Villager's fork she'd class change into a priestess after reclassing to a mage. 

I'm super curious if spell lists were modified, though. Perhaps units have access to different spells in this game? Who knows. Mae using Excalibur could have been done to make the trailer more flashy, though Aura or Seraphim would have worked just fine.

9 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait really, Sage classes' starting health is 32 HP? And also, is this really our actual first look at Silque as a Sage and the first Female Sage looks like in Echoes like this could possibly be DLC correct or does the other females have the Sage data in the game data? And also, does that Villager Reclass Item allows other Male Units and Female Units have the same promotional choices as the villagers from Ram Village, Atlas, and 3 Mercenary Units that finally turns into Dread Fighters changes back into Dread Fighter correct or is it really hard to tell?

Yup, Sages have 32 base HP

Combined with Silque using the male battle model, it is 99% a mistake. You can easily make anyone any class via a debug menu.

Villager Fork only reclasses to Villager. Dread Fighters can still reclass to Villager like in Gaiden.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

I'm super curious if spell lists were modified, though. Perhaps units have access to different spells in this game? Who knows. Mae using Excalibur could have been done to make the trailer more flashy, though Aura or Seraphim would have worked just fine.

Nah, I am confident it's an error and they just wanted to show something flashy. I would lump it together with Sage Silque and the enemy Alm's Army as bizarre errors.

21 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Nah, I am confident it's an error and they just wanted to show something flashy. I would lump it together with Sage Silque and the enemy Alm's Army as bizarre errors.

Yeah, that's wishful thinking on my part. Damn it.

Why I.S. didn't give Luthier, Boey, or Nomah any new spells is beyond me. Aside from different growth rates, they are essentially the same unit because they learn the same spells. Why not give Nomah Rescue, Boey Freeze, or Luthier Entrap? That would have helped distinguish them from each other and other casters. Kliff is the only guy who learns FIVE attacking spells plus one support spell.

Sonia, Mae, Delthea, Genny, Silque, Tatiana, and Cleric!Faye all learn six spells in total. Excluding Mage!Kliff, Boey, Luthier, and Nomah only learn five spells. It boggles my mind.  

Spoiler

I guess my only hope is that the "Scholarly Sage DLC Over-Class" will give male casters SOME advantage over the female ones.

Edited by Leif

In that case, it seems as though they just wanted to lump magic users under sages for the 5th class shown, but didn't want the third male in a row/4th out of 5 (Dread Fighter Gray, Pegasus Knight Clair, Paladin Clive, Sniper Leon, then Sage Silque), so they just modded her as sage.

Regarding Silque being a Sage, my only guess is that NoA is making all Classes unisex, like in Fates. But if they aren't changing the models, then it'd be weird seeing a male Pegasus Knight with the female battle model. As for Mae using Excalibur and the "Alm's Army" mistake, I don't know.

What's weird is that this is the first time we're seeing any errors. Previous trailers didn't have them, the Dutch event+the 1-hour event that GameXplain and others went to recently didn't have them, so......where did it come from. I have to believe it was done for the sake of the trailer, in which case, that's false advertising.

It's even more mindboggling when it's 8-4 doing the localization. I know 8-4 has screwed up in the past, but the only case I can think of was the original localization of Azure Striker Gunvolt, though that's mainly because Inti Creates wanted the game out quickly iirc. Unless that's what's happening here, and NoA wants SoV out fast, but considering how Nintendo sees FE as one of it's biggest franchises now, i doubt NoA would do something stupid like that.

Edit: Ok, i found inconsistencies. The picture below is from the English trailer released almost exactly a month ago

Spoiler

58fbdff9716af_Screenshot(555).thumb.png.35678a89eeee07b2d37cdf9a785f9af2.png

Here, you can see Silque is clearly a Cleric.

The next image is from the Master Class trailer

Spoiler

58fbe0398540c_Screenshot(556).thumb.png.8293d3b932c4bd1c56732ea41c042ed0.png

But here, taking place in the same area as the previous image btw, Silque is a Sage. Um, Nintendo? 8-4? What is happening? Do Clerics have branching promotions in the localization? Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't having Sage and Saint as promotion options be a little redundant?

Also, I believe this was the area that was shown off at the Dutch event that happened a short while back. So really, what is happening?

Edited by Armagon

You all are looking too deeply into this. Until we have a final build of the game in our hands, assume that debug shit is happening. As for why? Who knows? Maybe they had to fudge around with certain bits that weren't translated in the build. idk.

You're all looking too deeply into this.

My gosh... all these errors are hilarious.

Seconding Jesse as Kaiji Tang and Palla still sounds like Laura Bailey. Going to have to go through again and listen closely to Catria's one quote.

I kinda think about it about Silque changes into Sage and Mae has the Excalibur spell, does anyone think Nintendo of America might have accidentally showing off those are actually Unused Contents more than just Accidental Debugging since some of us never sawed them happened in the final game and I don't know if 8-4 notices that mistake of Alm's Army was used for those two maps or Nintendo of America could have possibly accidentally picked up some gameplay footages that they might have tested out earlier that they never realized those were included in the Final Version? I think do recall remembered that we did saw that Garrick was originally suppose to be called Grendel back then when they showed off the US Nintendo Direct for Fire Emblem Awakening in Late 2012 and it did showed off the European trailer had it changed to Garrick and it was finally used in the final version of Fire Emblem Awakening and those other things that weren't in the final like Sumia being a Cavalier, Frederick and Lon'qu did have a Full Portrait Cut-in Scene shown, and the playable units have default map sprites instead of showing their head in the World Map that wasn't in the Final version of Fire Emblem Awakening either?

Also, I did looked at Silque's Sage Battle Model and I did see that it did removed her head piece that was used for her Cleric class & Saint class and it showed off her hair, I don't know if they actually used her exact color from the Cleric Battle Model or it's probably just a default outfit? I did checked her Battle Model Outfit of the Saint class that still kept her head piece on, but the Sage outfit did removed her head piece.

Silque%20Sage%20Battle%20Model%20Echoes%Silque%20Cleric%20Battle%20Model%20EchoeSilque%20Saint%20Battle%20Model%20Echoes

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Villager Fork only reclasses to Villager. Dread Fighters can still reclass to Villager like in Gaiden.

Well, I meant by did you test that Villager Reclass Item on those non-Villager/Mercenary characters that get reclassed as Villagers have the same Male and Female promotion class option line as Ram Villagers, Atlas, and the Mercenaries have. But, I'll might that's little too hard to asking that.

Edited by King Marth 64