A Master Class in Strategy Trailer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, KongDude88 said:

I actually commented back on it because yesterday, the guy called me an "Awakening Faggot" and told me to gtfo. On a different video, I had commented on a different video saying that the cutscenes don't look as nice as Fates or Awakening, but are still emotional, badass, and enjoyable. I really like Serenes because of how nice and understanding most people are.

Rip.  Some of the comments on YouTube could give me all manner of vile diseases, I swear.  At least everyone here is respectful and level headed as well as open to differing opinions.  That's one of the things I love about Serenes the most.  

Until given additional reason to believe otherwise I'm inclined to assume someone simply got lazy with debug tools and this doesn't actually reflect sweeping changes to the class system in the International release.

13 hours ago, Azz said:

Also Nuibaba is the same while Judah is Jedah, despite the Heroes voting contest called him Judah.

I don't believe Nuibaba or Judah were actually participants of the Heroes ballot.

I assume Judah's name was changed to avoid conflating a fairly common biblical name/term with a sadistic blue warlock attempting to bring back a dark god through mass murder.

Edited by Iridium

18 hours ago, Jedi said:

Do yourself a favor and don't go into the comments, its fairly volatile.

Then again thats obvious for YT comments so :P:

Didn't seem too bad; the awakening/fates jab was probably the worst, but so far no stupid comments about racial superiority or anything regarding politics; THAT to me is when the volatility reaches critical mass.

As for the whole Sage!Silque mixup, KingMarth's pictures have made me hypothesize a less-likely yet still viable angle; what if they wanted to show Silque, but DIDN'T want to show her in her generic garb? Without bringing any extra baggage, the camera angle of her design gives her the illusion of having quite the...robust figure, as it were. With how bleach-happy Nintendo has shown to be with these games to avoid controversy (not that they've done anything more than a crap job at doing so), it wouldn't surprise me if someone in the localization pipeline (or even in marketing) had a twitchy trigger finger and demanded a quick visual change. Just a musing of course; I doubt this kind of a mixup would be in the gold release copy.

if silque's ass isn't huge in the NA version it looks like i'm gonna have to import

although in all seriousness i don't think that's the case, it's hardly noticable in her battle model

Edited by unique

1 hour ago, unique said:

if silque's ass isn't huge in the NA version it looks like i'm gonna have to import

although in all seriousness i don't think that's the case, it's hardly noticable in her battle model

I wouldn't say it's unnoticeable; it's actually quite striking if you know how clothes interact with anatomy, even baggy clothes. That said, I do agree that it likely isn't the case; just presenting a new angle for speculation's sake.

I think they were making this trailer awhile back but couldn't finish it fast enough (so some stuff haven't been translated) or they just rushed this trailer and didn't care about mistakes.

15 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I think they were making this trailer awhile back but couldn't finish it fast enough (so some stuff haven't been translated) or they just rushed this trailer and didn't care about mistakes.

The issue with that is that most of the footage was beat-for-beat what the Japanese trailer had, minus a few exceptions like the obvious body swap or using a spell that's usually not accessible. It would reflect poorly if this was a case of 'didn't care' considering how Fire Emblem has been raised up to about the same tier as Mario and Zelda. Besides that, the game should very well be done with translation and purely on the debugging phase for localized release seeing how it launches in a month...

i wonder if the english team purposely fiddled with this just to trigger all of yall on serene's. no but seriously its really not a big deal, but it is very odd i'll give you that. Their overall video approach is kind of smart using a kind of drill sgt. to get you to learn the army basics. but the execution was... a bit rushed it seems

Jedah looks like a Gamilon crossed with a vampire. I'm really glad they decided to go with more human-looking villains after Gaiden (at least, until Awakening gave us Validar). The bad guys still looked very evil and somewhat ugly, but at least they stuck to natural skin tones.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

23 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

Jedah looks like a Gamilon crossed with a vampire. I'm really glad they decided to go with more human-looking villains after Gaiden (at least, until Awakening gave us Validar). The bad guys still looked very evil and somewhat ugly, but at least they stuck to natural skin tones.

To be fair, Jedah is 147 years old.

8 hours ago, Tsak said:

i wonder if the english team purposely fiddled with this just to trigger all of yall on serene's. no but seriously its really not a big deal, but it is very odd i'll give you that. Their overall video approach is kind of smart using a kind of drill sgt. to get you to learn the army basics. but the execution was... a bit rushed it seems

I'll give them credit; they're pulling off the 'military narrator' LEAGUES better than their short-lived Tank Troopers videos... talk about a game with no staying power.