Haven't played Micro Emblem in two weeks

Junkhead

Alright, so, this topic has come to my attention, and I'm not going to ignore it this time.
Why on earth would you still referring to it as Micro Emblem in your topic title? Now mind you, I have no problem with using nicknames for games, BUT you're doing it the entirely the wrong way. For example, there is 'Horse Emblem', referring to FE4, which is the correct use of a nickname - it was sort of spawned by the community, and is fairly widely used - yet everyone who uses it is well aware that the game is called FE:GotHW (or its Japanese title) - the nickname is used purely for humorous effect. You, on the other hand, seem to have just arbitrarily decided that 'Micro Emblem' is just a better title for FEH in general and renamed it to that. No humour, no wit, just "yep, it's called something else now". Of course, you can only rename it in your head, as evidenced by the fact I've never seen or heard of anyone else calling FEH 'Micro Emblem' besides you. You are entitled to believe that would be a better title, (and I would be inclined to disagree,) but forcing a name change like that just doesn't work.

Now that alone would be enough to tick me off somewhat, though not too much, not worthy of a rant. Unfortunately, as you might have noticed, I happen to be the creator of Micro Emblem. That's right, there is already a thing which is actually called Micro Emblem. Now, Micro Emblem is only a very small-scale fangame, so you'd be forgiven for not knowing about it................... except you have demonstrated that you are aware of it - and in the first post where you started using the nickname, no less. And despite that, you use your nickname in topic titles. See, nicknames are almost always used in some kind of context which fairly unambiguously identifies what it's referring to. There's no such context here, this isn't the FEH forum, this is FFTF. And we're on a Fire Emblem fan site, I know for a fact there are some people here who are aware of Micro Emblem's existence. So you could very well be talking about my game. Or some game that the reader doesn't know about, like, uh, my game. I know I've been caught off guard by it. Twice.

As I said, I'm not against nicknames. But you seem to be displaying an unhealthy attitude - actively and knowingly inducing confusion for the sake of forcing a nickname you came up with (or, heck, maybe you copied it from me, for all I know) to replace a game's actual, official name for no apparent reason, when you can see it won't catch on. How would you like if I started referring to you as Blanc all of a sudden?

In summary, please don't call FEH 'Micro Emblem' at least in topic titles. Okay, Blanc? Great.

On 28/4/2017 at 0:41 PM, SEVA said:

Alright, so, this topic has come to my attention, and I'm not going to ignore it this time.
Why on earth would you still referring to it as Micro Emblem in your topic title? Now mind you, I have no problem with using nicknames for games, BUT you're doing it the entirely the wrong way. For example, there is 'Horse Emblem', referring to FE4, which is the correct use of a nickname - it was sort of spawned by the community, and is fairly widely used - yet everyone who uses it is well aware that the game is called FE:GotHW (or its Japanese title) - the nickname is used purely for humorous effect. You, on the other hand, seem to have just arbitrarily decided that 'Micro Emblem' is just a better title for FEH in general and renamed it to that. No humour, no wit, just "yep, it's called something else now". Of course, you can only rename it in your head, as evidenced by the fact I've never seen or heard of anyone else calling FEH 'Micro Emblem' besides you. You are entitled to believe that would be a better title, (and I would be inclined to disagree,) but forcing a name change like that just doesn't work.

Now that alone would be enough to tick me off somewhat, though not too much, not worthy of a rant. Unfortunately, as you might have noticed, I happen to be the creator of Micro Emblem. That's right, there is already a thing which is actually called Micro Emblem. Now, Micro Emblem is only a very small-scale fangame, so you'd be forgiven for not knowing about it................... except you have demonstrated that you are aware of it - and in the first post where you started using the nickname, no less. And despite that, you use your nickname in topic titles. See, nicknames are almost always used in some kind of context which fairly unambiguously identifies what it's referring to. There's no such context here, this isn't the FEH forum, this is FFTF. And we're on a Fire Emblem fan site, I know for a fact there are some people here who are aware of Micro Emblem's existence. So you could very well be talking about my game. Or some game that the reader doesn't know about, like, uh, my game. I know I've been caught off guard by it. Twice.

As I said, I'm not against nicknames. But you seem to be displaying an unhealthy attitude - actively and knowingly inducing confusion for the sake of forcing a nickname you came up with (or, heck, maybe you copied it from me, for all I know) to replace a game's actual, official name for no apparent reason, when you can see it won't catch on. How would you like if I started referring to you as Blanc all of a sudden?

In summary, please don't call FEH 'Micro Emblem' at least in topic titles. Okay, Blanc? Great.

Soul was never quite made aware of social conventions

On 28/4/2017 at 0:41 PM, SEVA said:

Would've been a lot easier if you just with "listen dipshit not comfterble with you using my half-copyrighted name", or whatever's easier. Would've actually respected it, too. 

You're overthinking it.

Regardless, I apologise.

I don't care if you use it or not, I was just saying not to use it in a confusing manner, like in a topic title where it could very well be referring to my game. No hard feelings, anyway, I'm not as angry as I made myself appear. I just wanted to try my hand at an angry rant for once, I'm not a very irritable person usually.

You need some chill.

Now, if that was just completely trolling rant, then sure.

Otherwise if there is even an ounce of seriousness in there, you need to step back and look deep inside yourself why you're getting worked up over a shitpost topic.

I mean, there is an ounce of seriousness in the sense that I genuinely don't think referring to games ambiguously like this is ideal, but not beyond that.

8 hours ago, SEVA said:

I don't care if you use it or not, I was just saying not to use it in a confusing manner, like in a topic title where it could very well be referring to my game. No hard feelings, anyway, I'm not as angry as I made myself appear. I just wanted to try my hand at an angry rant for once, I'm not a very irritable person usually.

Good effort for a first shot tbh, well done

Who is Emily?

I see you've been neglecting Sanaki.  I told you that you were just biding your time, waiting to break her heart.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, Rezzy said:

Who is Emily?

I see you've been neglecting Sanaki.  I told you that you were just biding your time, waiting to break her heart.

Why.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, Chen said:

Okay, Blanc? Great.

Who the fuck is Blanc.

Micro Emblem sounds better than feh

And Super Smash Brothers sounds better than Play Station All Stars Battle Royale, but words have meaning, so I'm not going to call PSASBR, "Smash Bros"

Edited by ukulelej

Smash bros is copyrighted

also, i doubt either sony or nintendo would mind if some random guy called psasbr "sony smash bros" or something like that on the internet