Just finished FE4, I need help to start FE5

Rapha666br

Yeah that's about it, taking their stuff is like trading from them. So, for example, if you have broken stuff, you can give it to the captured unit and then release them, if you want. (Or sell it for a paltry sum)

6 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

OK, understood. After I capture them, I get their weapons and then it's done? I can release them right.

Yes. You have to manually trade with the captured unit and then you can release them. There's a few exceptions to this like Recruiting Shiva and accessing the thief hideout.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Just now, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Yes. You have to manually trade with the captured unit and then you can release them. There's a few exceptions to this like Recruiting Shiva and accessing the thief hideout.

Thief hideout? OK, that's new.

2 hours ago, Rapha666br said:

Thanks for the help.

Still confused about capturing. You have to atack first? Or can I get them at full hp?

Simple:

• Initiate a battle at range 1
  • if Unit has higher Bld they can catch (mounted units have/need Bld + 20)
  • If you kill them you "capture" them (essentially you apply the rescue function on them)
  • You can trade their stuff (i.e take their crap and leave them penniless) transfer them to someone else and release them
  • Once released they count as a kill

If a unit is without a weapon or asleep they can be captured without a battle. When you battle with capture the attacker has half their speed and strength, so brave weapons are great for capturing enemies. Effective weapons are good for capturing too, note that in this game anyone can use a Rapier. Archers can never capture because our lord and savior Kaga dictated that this would be an Axe biased game. Several bosses have things other than weapons like scrolls and are hard to approach with a thief, so capturing is another method. Make sure you don't miss the Vantage Scroll, because that makes Olwen the most ridiculous unit you'll ever see. The only Enemy-Only weapon is the Hell tome (you'll know which one is because you'll immediately think "oh damn, I want that in my life) which turns into crappier tomes if you try to steal them.

57 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

Thief hideout? OK, that's new.

It's a gaiden map, you need to capture the boss in chapter 14, but don't release him. That will give you chapter 14x, the Thief Hideout, which is fucking CRUCIAL that you get because you get your dancer this way.

Oh yeah one last thing from personal experience: Get as many Wind tomes and Hand Axes as humanly possible. You see one, get it at every opportunity, specially hand axes because after a while they stop being common on enemies.

Edited by SalShich10N

6 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

It's a gaiden map, you need to capture the boss in chapter 14, but don't release him. That will give you chapter 14x, the Thief Hideout, which is fucking CRUCIAL that you get because you get your dancer this way.

It's actually Chapter 12. Chapter 14 has a different gaiden, and capturing the boss there will do nothing but cause you pain. Chapter 14 is a really annoying map for good measure, so be careful.

4 minutes ago, Darrman said:

It's actually Chapter 12. Chapter 14 has a different gaiden, and capturing the boss there will do nothing but cause you pain. Chapter 14 is a really annoying map for good measure, so be careful.

Oh yeah, my bad. 14 was that defense map with an image macro that hypes it up, but it actually turns out to be a very chill map. I didn't realized just how early you get Olwen, Mareeta and dancer Lara, holy cow.

12 is also the map with the Vantage Scroll on the roaming boss, so watch out for that if you want to use Olwen

Edited by SalShich10N

First screen is:

Attack - Critical

Hit Rate - Avoid

Second screen is, in order, Army leader, Authority stars, Movement stars, Rescuer/Rescuee, Movement, Stamina(for Fatigue check), and current status effect, if any.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 11:57 AM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Recruiting Lifis.

Shiva is recruited by talking to him with another unit later in the game.