Your least favorite matchups

NekoKnight

22 minutes ago, Eridras said:

One of the worst things to see is an Eirika/Nino pair where the Nino keeps drawing the Eirika back, causing a nearly inseparable pair. 

This has happened to me more times than I can count.  If it's a big open map, I sort of skirt the area outside the damage area, trying to get them to separate.  If it's an enclosed area, that's where it's bad.

Horse/Flier Emblem teams.

Tharja and Nino (Tomeblade users, especially in buff teams are cancer. Nino is more common while Tharja is more annoying thanks to her default Darting Blow.)

Vantage Takumi

Ryoma/Nino/Olivia/Bonus, usually. Although if I don't get a good bonus unit by next season I'll have to do Zephiel/Reinhardt/Minerval/Olivia. 

Usually my deaths are to

- Dancer
- Some asshole put two dancers
- Lava map and Bridge map
- Especially: 
-- Reinhardt (actually even outside lava and bridge maps for him)
-- Tharja
-- Klein
-- Kagero
-- The above 4, apply more Dancer
- Wings of Mercy
- Cavsquad ft. Reinhardt

yeah

Also I fought a team with Nino with green tomebreaker and darting blow and Ninian today. I didn't die, but it was a good frustrating 5-6 turns wrestling with the AI so I can get Ninian and Nino in a position where my own Nino can remove Ninian, then Ryoma swap with her, then Nino get danced out of the way, while making sure Ryoma has his spd buff up just in case. Oh yeah Nino kept on drawing Ninian back

Edited by Thor Odinson

Takumi

Honestly though, probably Reinhardt. All that movement combined with automatic double attacks is so annoying. Olwen is the same, but I've hardly seen her in arena.

Edited by Big Smoke

Believe it or not, what gives me the most trouble is Caster&Dancers teams. Like Nino/Julia, Robin/Lucina and a dancer. I rarely lose the matchups, but having a character wrecked dumps my score... Those blue mages are specially troubling, because my only green unit is Fae, and she targets RES.

I really need to adapt to this post-lance meta I'm facing... (c'mon, IS, put some green on those banners, will you?)

I run Nino, Azura, Eirika and Sharena. My worst MUs are Kagero and Vantage Ryoma. Kagero OHKOs my entire team and the AI annoyingly protects her from bring ORKOd by my units. If she is paired to a dancer it becomes way worse. Vantage Ryoma is the worst. Azura cannot ORKO him and Nino needs to be fully buffed or proc Desperation in order to OHKO him, in some maps it is impossible. Another annoying MUs are red mages and brave weapon paired with dancers on the lava map.

Horse emblem + dancers and Blade tomes + dancers.
Facing Reinhardt + some other horse + dancer is just a pain in the ass, even worse on narrow maps.
Also, teams with a lot of hone/fortify can be dangerous as some ORKO won't happen due to buffs.

I've been running Seliph, mRobin, Michalis/Narcian, bonus for weeks.
My problem come pretty much entirely from my inability to deal with mages before they can hit anything before they take out one of my units. Horse Emblem also has proved tricky for me in the past if Reinhardt is in anyway involved.
The mage thing is starting to be a bit less of a problem now that I have a 5*Nino and have started experimenting with how to best work her into the equation.

My main team is Tharja, Eirika, Spring Camilla and Cordelia. Eirika is the one who usually sits out when I need to fit in the weekly bonus unit.

I think my biggest threat is green mages. Nino if she's got a buffer with her, Julia (who I always seem to run into a +2-5 merged of) and Celica if on a horse buffing team. Tharja can usually deal with them if they're unbuffed, but otherwise she has trouble with her low res. Camilla has G Tomebreaker, but she still doesn't like trading shots with them, especially since she's usually baiting archers and blue mages to one shot them at the start of a match, so her HP tends to not be full enough to trade with a green mage after. Cordelia can drop them if she can safely be out of harm's way after doing so, but that's not usually the case.

I see Reindhart mentioned a ton as a troublesome defense team member, but luckily Camilla can easily bait and destroy him off the bat. Otherwise I'd probably have trouble too.

Worse than any particular character is the damn double wall map or lava map, though. On those maps dealing with dancers and mages is cancer.

Edited by Alkaid

My team is dancer(olivia/azura)+hector/julia/nino+spring lucina/lilina+bonus unit. What gives me the most trouble are dancer + 3 mages teams and blade tome abusing cavalry and flier teams, seriously how do you even beat a fully buffed merged flier emblem spring camilla on the map with trees in front of your party... Naturally that team showed up on the seventh battle of my up until that point deathles streak, Camilla basically one shot everyone on my team since I didn't bring Lilina for that battle...

Edited by Erchamion

Arena Team Roster (Any combination of these work, but currently I am running Ephraim, Erika, Nino, and Sharena. Spring Lucina and Camilla are currently listed since they are 5* characters, but I have not optimized them enough for proper Arena play.)

Ephraim		Siegmund	|| Moonbow, Rally RES*		|| Defiant DEF*, Swordbreaker*, Threaten DEF
Ryoma		Raijinto	|| Astra, Swap*			|| Defiant ATT, Vantage*, Hone SPD

Eirika		Sieglinde	|| Iceberg*, Rally DEF*		|| Distant Counter*, Renewal*, Hone SPD
Nino		Gronnblade+	|| Draconic Aura*, Draw Back	|| Life and Death*, Desperation*, B. of Life*
Sharena		Fensalir	|| Luna*, Rally Attack		|| Fury*, Renewal*, Fortify DEF

S!Camilla	Green Egg+	|| Ignis*, Rally Attack		|| Triangle Adept*, Quick Riposte*, Threaten Atk*
S!Lucina	Blue Egg+	|| Galeforce*, Rally Speed	|| Swift Sparrow, Seal RES, Spur Atk*

Unfavorable Matchups
- Dancers: I despite Dancers with a passion, especially if the opponent fields multiple ranged magic units. I rely on Ephraim to tank and everyone else is a bit squishy (sans Ryoma who can handle Green Mages). Magic is lethal to Ephraim, more so because he is rather slow...

- Linde, Reinhardt: I dislike these two and always have problems with them. If I have Nino around, they are less of a threat, but still.

Otherwise, off the top of my head I can't think of much else. Dancers and mages are the main problems for me.

Cecilia/Olivia/Lukas/Catria

Green mages and Tharja are the bane of this team, since they can nuke Cecilia and Lukas easily and greens can threaten Catria. Hector is also problematic due to my main answer to him being Olivia facetanking with the Ruby Sword until Cecilia can finish him. And I have encountered a Hector with Renewal once...

Other than that, it's dancers and awkward maps that claim lives. Especially the damn two walls map...

I use Kagero/Nino/Eirika/Cordelia. Most units don't give me any trouble on their own; my deaths come from being unable to separate the enemy in a way that's favourable to my own positioning. Wings of Mercy never bothers me, because I kill my enemies when I attack them.

The one unit who does give me trouble is Hector, thanks to Distant Counter + Armads. To take him, I have to have a healthy Eirika. Nino can usually take one hit, but not the Armads follow-up, and she doesn't ORKO.

Takumi is still an annoyance to me, especially if he's vantaged. I can kill him with Kagero, but only if someone else doesn't step in to kill her first. A combo of male Robin and Takumi is pretty killer for my team, depending upon the map itself. 

I also really, really, really, really, really hate Tharja. She can go die in a hole. No one should be that fast and hard hitting on the attack. Geez, I hate her. 

Dancers can be annoying, especially if coupled with the above, but I usually (note usually) can figure out who they will dance and how far they will go. Usually... 

Mostly Kagero, since Leo is the only one of my team that doesn't receive "bonus damage", I still can beat her, using Leo as bait and then finish her with Oboro r someone else (after she receive damage from Leo).

Next one is probably MRobin? Maybe? I'm not even sure haha, and then Reinhard attacking first, if he come closer whitout attack, then is not a problem.

A team with the 3 of them, is a hell for me!

Nino/Julia with triangle adept. Always a pain to deal with given my only ranged attacker is Linde :( Even lovelier when they pair together or with a dancer.

Edited by OKigen

My least favorite teams I come up against are + 10 ninos or +10 julias. I normally come out of battles with 2-3 of my units are terribly low hp due to mage meta. I use quadsuna azura julia and y tiki my average score is 694-702 and i normally fight 1-2 +10 units. but green mages and some blue mages are my main concern.

My least favorite hero to go up against is definitely Male Robin. Especially with Triangle Adept.

I usually run two archers and Eirika, so the colorless advantage he has is brutal, he's super effective against all 3 of my core team and the 4th unit is usually there just for the bonus.

Without Triangle Adept I can usually find a way to deal with him, but if he has that skill, it's often a loss. Bleh. He's the one hero that perfectly counters what is otherwise supposed to be a team that sidesteps the weapon triangle.

Tharja.

My blues really hate ranged magic.  Ephraim can deal with Leo/Lilina/Sanaki, since they're relatively slow.  But Tharja?  Double attacks and hits decently hard.  REALLY not fun on the lava map.  I'd have to run TA M!Robin again, which clashes with -raven TA Spring Camilla (and then Julia becomes an issue).

Dishonorable mention is Ninian.  I ran into one with Distant Counter.  It was not fun.

I run YTiki/Azura/Julia/Bonus. So any team with Julia hurts me...especially if it is Atk blessed. Takumi tends to ruin my runs the most, but the biggest threat to me is how useless my Bonus usually is since they always come in underleveled.

Azura mostly carries the team. YTiki is...surprisingly useless unless I see a Hector since she is not that durable nor fast enough to 1RKO anything not an Armour. 

A single Kagero can potenttially wipe my team, and I'm not liking the +stat characters I have to face with my vanilla team. Dragons really shouldn't count as infantry.

I generally have less problems when I run without a Bonus since then I would bring my Res Blessed Camilla who just shrugs off magic and tanks non-bowusers, but EH!

So as a joke when I first started playing heroes I wanted to make a mage centered team of all or at least three mages. I currently run Tharja, TA M Robin, Julia, and Azura. The only unit that ever gives me problems is Eldigan and before I had Julia, Reinhardt was really annoying, but for some reason unknown to me Eldigan just refuses to die. I fixed it by finally getting TA on my Robin but I will forever remember the terror he has caused me.

Also after reading how much everyone hates dancers, blade tomes, and mages in general My team is kinda just a kick in the pants. Everyone has buff skills thanks to SI and desperation Tharja runs through people.