Do you think Any allies not playable will turn into generic generals?

Thany

Dynasty warriors had alot of characters names from history in their game, but the ones not unique were turned into generic units, Would it be possible that if Marth and Cadea were the only units to appear from their game, would all their allies from the game just transform into generic units? not to appear as DLC like ogma or merric? and if not, What characters do you think would be purposefully left out for generic units? (my guess would be some female characters would be ignored since there isnt usually any female generics)

Unique npcs. Samurai Warriors(this series exists) has them, it's possible.

That being said, I imagine if a unit weren't to be a unique npc or playable, they likely wouldn't be in in any capacity, beyond a reference at most.

Edited by Soledai

It all depends on a variety of factors.

We don't know who's in yet, if class animations are a thing, and if they are a thing, to what extent.

We don't know the extent of DLC, though we expect a lot.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say yes. The series has regular generals serving as mook leaders, and in the case of HW, they were almost always unnamed, yet had their own (Albeit very limited) animation sets.

I could see them making a generic animation set for leader-mooks and then shoving existing characters into them.

I could also see them not bothering because oftentimes characters are associated with and expressed through colours, and taking away the colour actually deals a blow to some of the characters left woefully by the wayside, especially in regards to Archanea.

It would also shoot them in the foot if they had a character as a generic and then added in a unique animation through DLC, leaving that generic in the base game with everyone from that point onward harping on about inconsistency.

It's honestly a good discussion to have, but there are so many factors at play that there's not really much to be said aside from 'Maybe?'

I think that if Tecmo Koei go through the trouble to have unique models (IE: Playable Characters/Villains from the FE Series) for NPC Units then they will at least become playable as alternate skins for the Playable Version of that character. For example, the Hyrule Generals often used moves that were also used by Link in Hyrule Warriors, so the same may happen for powerful NPCs that are characters from Fire Emblem that aren't 'playable', per-se.

That said, I think that Tecmo Koei will go the 'generic soldier' path with this title so as to not leave any characters as NPC only since I could see that annoying fans of the series. If a 'face' character appears, I think they will be playable in some way.