I'm About To Pull My Greatest All Nighter Of All Time

So it's the end of the semester, and I hevent done any work for my independant study

I have to write 30+ short annotated bibliographies, and it's due wednesday at midnight

I'm off work tomorrow and tuesday, I've got my coffee pot, and I'm ready to hate myself for not doing this sooner

I'm off

I've heard from multiple sources that apples are supposedly better at keeping you awake and energized than coffee is. Well, I suppose you can use both coffee and apples to help you stay up.

Either way, I hope you succeed.

I've totally done this before...granted it was 20 short annotations instead of 30+...but annotated bibliographies suck. My advice is to drink a little coffee and tea and a TON of water. The caffeine in coffee gives you a jolt. The caffeine in black tea helps keep the caffeine around longer. And the water keeps you hydrated because all of that caffeine will kill you. And if you get to the point where you just can't focus, sleep for an hour. It's better to "waste" an hour sleeping than it is to stare blankly at a screen questioning all of the life decisions that got you to this point. 

I should tell you, "Don't procrastinate." But I still do it, and I'm supposed to be an adult. Good luck! I'm rooting for you! 

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

And if you get to the point where you just can't focus, sleep for an hour. It's better to "waste" an hour sleeping than it is to stare blankly at a screen questioning all of the life decisions that got you to this point. 

Heh, a few days ago, my sister was saying the exact same thing. 

Anyways, good luck. That's all I have to say.

Good luck, I wish I had your determination! Also

7 hours ago, blah the Prussian said:

If you're reading this, get off SF and get back to work. You're welcome.

Hopefully start a bit earlier next time.  I was going to say just go to bed, if it was an all-nighter of studying, but if you've got work you have to produce, I guess you don't have much of a choice.  Do try to avoid distractions, though.  Meandering around the web will make everything take longer.

I got through med school without ever having stayed up all night studying, so I can say that in those cases, getting a good night's sleep is better than what any last minute cramming will do.