New GHB special quests.

Clogon

These new quests are fun! The Navarre one with Robin on the team was difficult, since she's just dead weight in that battle. I managed to do it with a team of Reinhardt, Olivia, and Rebecca. I took a Gordin and sacrificed his moe head to the Inheritance Gods to give Rebecca a Brave Bow.

Proceeding into battle, I used Rebecca to bait the bowbreaker ninja--she could tank one round. My turn comes around, and she ORKO's that ninja, and then I dance her to safety. Navarre and the other ninja start coming down on the left, while the axe dude and the healer fight their way into the trees. Rebecca then snipes the other ninja, and Reinhardt takes out Navarre with dance assistance from Olivia. Then it's just mopping up the remainders with Reinhardt.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I had Klein kill the axe guy.

Except 4 star Olivia gets Hone Atk 3? And I of course gave it to her? So if Arcanite is telling you my Olivia only has Hone Atk 2, he's wrong.

I'll see what I can do once my stamina returns,

Whoops, FSR i thought your Olivia was still chilling in 3*, and I also thought Arcanite was asking if 4* Olivia had HA3, not asking if your Olivia was 4* with HA3. Myderp

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Whoops, FSR i thought your Olivia was still chilling in 3*, and I also thought Arcanite was asking if 4* Olivia had HA3, not asking if your Olivia was 4* with HA3. Myderp

No, I never got any neutral Olivias or even a 3 star one. This 4 star Olivia was my first ever pull and only ever Olivia pull.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I never got any neutral Olivias or even a 3 star one. This 4 star Olivia was my first ever pull and only ever Olivia pull.

mybad. I need a spreadsheet for you so I can keep track of your units among everyone elses'. I always forget who has what exactly.

Alright, Update. Assuming that Fred takes off Axebreaker and puts back on Wings of Mercy, he can fly around the map and cause some hilarious mayhem. Klein taking 30/46 dmg will put him at under 40% HP so Wings of Mercy 2 would do the trick here instead of 3 (not sure how your SP management has been. Do you mind sharing your Fred's stats (I remember you got another one, but your "best" one will work here, as I can use his numbers to crunch out a theory that I think will work for you.

Anywho...revised strat to accomodate for Wings of Mercy Fred flying in to be Klein's handsome Guardian Angel. coming up!

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

What is it you need my furry friend?

These quests are a living nightmare O_O

I still need to beat lunatic Navarre GHB Hospitals suck

That and the 4 hard/lunatic quests requiring F!Robin and Navarre to whoop their own butts in the GHB.

mybad. I need a spreadsheet for you so I can keep track of your units among everyone elses'. I always forget who has what exactly.

Alright, Update. Assuming that Fred takes off Axebreaker and puts back on Wings of Mercy, he can fly around the map and cause some hilarious mayhem. Klein taking 30/46 dmg will put him at under 40% HP so Wings of Mercy 2 would do the trick here instead of 3 (not sure how your SP management has been. Do you mind sharing your Fred's stats (I remember you got another one, but your "best" one will work here, as I can use his numbers to crunch out a theory that I think will work for you.

Anywho...revised strat to accomodate for Wings of Mercy Fred flying in to be Klein's handsome Guardian Angel. coming up!

Freddy did have Wings of Mercy 3, don't worry, so I could temporarily re-equip that.

But I never got another one, what are you talking about? At least not recently, I pulled a second Frederick ages ago, but I had merged him with my current one immediately.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I pulled a second Frederick ages ago, but I had merged him with my current one immediately.

I went back through your post history from a few days ago (gosh the Pull Thread is huge) and found out it was Ephraim not Fred, that you pulled the other day. That's what I was thinking.

I went back through your post history from a few days ago (gosh the Pull Thread is huge) and found out it was Ephraim not Fred, that you pulled the other day. That's what I was thinking.

Oh. Silly Elie then. :P

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

That and the 4 hard/lunatic quests requiring F!Robin and Navarre to whoop their own butts in the GHB.

To the drawing board I go!

very convenient that your units are in your signature, makes things nice and easy

Elie, you doing okay?

You seem a little lost.

You drink your coffee yet? lol

FRobin quests were pretty difficult for me, since I struggled a lot with the map when it first came out, too (I am a scrub). For the non-orb quests I used YTiki/Priscilla, with Reinhardt for AI shenanigans and the quest character. For the orb quest...I ended up following the Ursula/FRobin/Olivia/Matthew strategy cuz I really couldn't figure out how to do it myself ;u;

For Navarre, I had FRobin or Sharena chill in a corner while ATiki with Quick Riposte baited the Axe guy and one of the ninjas. Reinhardt then swooped in with assistance from Olivia and deleted the rest of the map. I rely way too much on Reinhardt

That being said, does anyone have any suggestions on tackling the Navarre vs. Navarre quest? Training Navarre almost gave me an aneurysm and imo he still kinda sucks at killing things. Either that or I'm just really impatient and unreasonably expect all my units to 1RKO because, again, Reinhardt reliance.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

To the drawing board I go!

very convenient that your units are in your signature, makes things nice and easy

Hold. I'm just updating it in my sig as we speak. 2 minutes.

EDIT: You're fine now

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

2 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

FRobin quests were pretty difficult for me, since I struggled a lot with the map when it first came out, too (I am a scrub). For the non-orb quests I used YTiki/Priscilla, with Reinhardt for AI shenanigans and the quest character. For the orb quest...I ended up following the Ursula/FRobin/Olivia/Matthew strategy cuz I really couldn't figure out how to do it myself ;u;

For Navarre, I had FRobin or Sharena chill in a corner while ATiki with Quick Riposte baited the Axe guy and one of the ninjas. Reinhardt then swooped in with assistance from Olivia and deleted the rest of the map. I rely way too much on Reinhardt

That being said, does anyone have any suggestions on tackling the Navarre vs. Navarre quest? Training Navarre almost gave me an aneurysm and imo he still kinda sucks at killing things. Either that or I'm just really impatient and unreasonably expect all my units to 1RKO because, again, Reinhardt reliance.

For the Navarre v. Navarre, my Reinhardt (-Atk nature with Death Blow 3) will knock Navarre down to 4 HP, so a Navarre with a little bit of training should be able to knock that out. A Reinhardt with +Atk without Death Blow could do the same. I put a strategy for 3 characters--Reinhardt, Rebecca w/Brave Bow, and Olivia. Does Reinhardt ORKO the ninjas? I forget. If he does, then A!Tiki could be swapped for Rebecca.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Silly Elie then. :P

Now that I think about it, does your Klein have his Glacies/chilling wind equiped? Cause in that case, he can kill one of the two mages on enemy phase, right?

After that you can kill the remaining mage on your phase, then dance him to kill Robin (his special will activate on his second hit), leaving only the lance dude for Fredrick to deal with.

I tried simulating it myself, but my Klein is +res -atk, which complicates matters a bit (not killing the axe user in one round and quick reposte not being broken by the mages to name a few). Because of this I'm not sure what the AI will do, but I think the lance dude will come towards Olivia, meaning it should be safe for Klein to kill Robin. Fredrick will have to move between the lancer and Oli via to keep her safe though. Otherwise I think Wings of Mercy will allow Fredrick to safe Klein in a simialar way though.

OK Ana, I think I figured out the SUREFIRE STRAT to your team winning the map. I'm not 100% sure on your Fred's stats, but as long as he has Wings (which you said he does) and as long as Olivia has Hone Atk 3 (which you said she does), everything else should go as needed.

58dc5ba434.png

Turn 1 is easy. Move Klein and Olivia, then end your turn. You're not in battle yet.

2a96831b2b.png

Turn 2, go kill that Axe fighter, and then prep Fred next to Olivia. He needs to be 1 tile closer so for all intents and purposes, Fred/Olivia can be in either spot at the end of your 2nd turn.

The Enemy Phase for Turn 2 will go like this (image on right) and these will be the numbers.

• Klein will survive with 16 HP
  • R!Mage will survive with 19 HP
  • B!Mage will survive with 15 HP
    • Quick Riposte will let you hit another one of these mages an extra time, probably the Red Mage, leaving him with 2 HP instead of 19 I suspect)
    • If you proc Glacies, you'll kill one of these mages, freeing up some movement for Fred.

Assuming you don't have Glacies set up, you can use the following strat

8a95559d91.png

This next part gets tricky. On your 3rd turn, you need to In Order:

1. Move Fred south to attack F!Robin (You should hit her for around 30)
  2. Move Olivia right 2 tiles, and dance Fred
  3. Have him fly up to 1 tile right of Klein and kill one of the mages
  4. Have Klein kill the other mage

End your turn like you see on the right image. Then, Enemy Phase 3 will start (with their piddly two-person team).

The Lancer, even with Death Blow and Drag Back, shouldn't be able to contribute to Fred actually dying. He should be super close to death though. I believe he'll survive with either 5 HP or 2 HP (depending on if Fred's -HP/Res or not...I'll assume he is though.). The Lancer has 42 Atk with Death Blow 2, which translates to 0 damage to Fred (only 1 damage if Fred was -Def). Neither can double and at this point, neither should be able to activate their specials, so Fred should be hanging on by a thread (get it?). F!Robin with Gronnwolf+ and her INCREDIBLE 35 attack should hit Fred for effective damage only once (too slow to double) for like 41 damage. It'll be tight but ok.

[I don't know what image to use next!]

Anywho, from here, I don't know who F!Robin will go after, but she can't kill anybody in your party (she hits Klein for 14 damage and he has 16 HP, Olivia has WTA and full health and Fred won't die from it anyway) so since IDK what the AI will do...the last turn is actually going to be a mystery to me. I suspect they'll gang up on Fred, meaning you should be able to have Klein move due south and bravestrike F!Robin for 13*2 damage and the KO (after Fred walloped her earlier) and Fred should be able to finish off the lancer. If F!Robin is somehow at over 26 HP, let Olivia strike her first then let Klein finish the job.

Also remember, you have a 4th unit! You can bring...I don't know, bring Navarre if you have him, and get that bonus Orb from deploying him on the map along with the party. He should never have to move.

Ana, give this strat a try and you should be able to win!

Edited by Elieson

My fourth has been Alfonse right now because one quest requires winning the female Robin battle with him in the team and I was doing the Hard one to get 3 star female Robin as possible future skill fodder.

But my Alfonse is only 3 star lv. 9, so he's weak and I wasn't planning to actually have him fight.

Yes, Klein has Glacies.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

But my Alfonse is only 3 star lv. 9, so he's weak and I wasn't planning to actually have him fight.

Good thing my strat has room for a fourth to do do nothing but root for your success!

Any good strat to have Navarre finish off level 40 Navarre? It's rather frustrating because of how difficult it is for him to kill or survive a hit. I don't have the feathers to promote him to a 4*.

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Elie, you doing okay?

You seem a little lost.

You drink your coffee yet? lol

Shush, kid. I'm tryin as good as my old heiney will let me!

20 minutes ago, Astellius said:

For the Navarre v. Navarre, my Reinhardt (-Atk nature with Death Blow 3) will knock Navarre down to 4 HP, so a Navarre with a little bit of training should be able to knock that out. A Reinhardt with +Atk without Death Blow could do the same. I put a strategy for 3 characters--Reinhardt, Rebecca w/Brave Bow, and Olivia. Does Reinhardt ORKO the ninjas? I forget. If he does, then A!Tiki could be swapped for Rebecca.

Rein was able to ORKO the ninjas, but I'm not sure if he can after unequipping Death Blow. I'll try this strat out anyway, thank you so much!

44 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Just in case you can't wait for someone more professional I'll try and make a suggestion which may or may not work. (I'm not fantastic so I wouldn't use all the stamina on this)

You may want to try Reinhardt, Olivia, M!Robin, and either Cordelia or Camilla, I'm not sure which of your two fliers will work better. (Maybe Cordelia since you put Reposition on her which is great for getting people out of danger)

I figure you can use M!Robin to draw them out of position by putting him in the trees in range of the one thief (if he's tough enough you may be able to continue using him as bait, idk if you're willing to sacrifice someone to him for Triangle Adept), the thieves have high res so you'll need to hit them with melee to do decent damage, I figure the fliers can do that since they can go over trees and have brave weapons for maximum destruction. Your Olivia looks to be a high enough level to where she can take a hit from the ax user if needed, and Reinhardt should be able to take care of Navarre. I don't know how many rounds each will take which is why I suggest Olivia in case you need a dance. (You should try and make it so anything you attack doesn't survive the turn because they have a healer) Once you get two or three of the units down they shouldn't be able to gang up as effectively 

This definitely wouldn't be a walk in the park, you may even want to look up how to control the AI so that you know what will come charging at you and in what order. 

As for defeating the heroes with themselves, I'll leave that to the professionals.

It looks like I'll have to skip out on 2 of the orbs. Not gonna be able to beat a Lv.35 Robin with the Robin I have, and I'm certainly not gonna be able to beat a Lv.40 Navarre with my current one. I guess I could painstakingly grind them up, but that's too much effort for units that I may never use again.

3 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

As for defeating the heroes with themselves, I'll leave that to the professionals.

Yeah I already have a plan for that

I'm just waiting for some other thoughts and feedback from the other 2 ha ha

Calling us professionals kind of makes me feel epic