Can somebody provide a summary of character's personalities?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll list the ones i know off the top of my head (note: i may be wrong or unaccurate but this is *maybe* the general gist):

Alm: Kind but also has no problem fighting. Possibly a bit reckless but i don't know.

Celica: Kind but unlike Alm, would rather not fight.

Gray: "Shut up Tobin"

Tobin: Pretty chill.

Kliff: Bookworm

Faye: "Alm love me pls" (she is hated by a good chunk of the fanbase for that reason. However, i don't hate her)

Mae: Friends but also rivals with Boey

Boey: Friends but also rivals with Mae

Saber: That mercenary that hangs out in bars

Leon: first canonically gay character in the series

Atlas: "I trained at Ike's gym"

Luthier: Has no friends 

Zeke: Camus

Silque: That kind Cleric you usually get at the beginning of the game

Genny: See above

Nomah: Dumbledore

Again, I may be wrong or inaccurate with these. I'm just going off the top of my head. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit: of course, these characters do develop (except for Faye but i don't really mind).

Edited by Armagon

Jesse: Very flirtatious(to the point of annoying others), but an all-around nice guy.

Python: Laid back and somewhat cynical, but he's good at his job.

Delthea: She's pretty peppy and has a lot of growing up to do it seems. Her relationship with her brother can be rocky at times.

Mathilda: She sometimes speaks in a rough manner and is an honorable and brave soldier. Very supportive of Clive.

Deen: Not very social, as he only has one support and doesn't seem very eager to talk to the other person.

Forsyth: Hot-blooded and strong-willed. He takes his duties very seriously and reprimands Python when he feels he's slacking off.

10 minutes ago, Nimue said:

Forsyth: Hot-blooded and strong-willed. He takes his duties very seriously and reprimands Python when he feels he's slacking off.

So THAT'S why he looks like he's constantly yelling in every screenshot I've seen of him: because he IS constantly yelling.

Also holy crap guys thank you for all the responses!

6 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

So THAT'S why he looks like he's constantly yelling in every screenshot I've seen of him: because he IS constantly yelling.

Also holy crap guys thank you for all the responses!

Haha yeah, I actually have to make sure I have my volume down whenever he talks. It's pretty amusing!

Also, you're welcome!

I'm not good at describing personalities, but I can help distinguish Silque and Genny.

Silque is the more polite, grown up Cleric. She went on pilgrimages from an early age so is used to traveling, but has a knack of (almost) getting kidnapped.

Genny is the little sister Cleric who would rather stay at home, but doesn't like being left behind. She also likes older men, like waaaay older.

22 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm not good at describing personalities, but I can help distinguish Silque and Genny.

Silque is the more polite, grown up Cleric. She went on pilgrimages from an early age so is used to traveling, but has a knack of (almost) getting kidnapped.

Genny is the little sister Cleric who would rather stay at home, but doesn't like being left behind. She also likes older men, like waaaay older.

Wait a minute, has Genny x Saber been confirmed?

51 minutes ago, Azz said:

I remember in Gaiden their endings both mentioned their handsome/beautiful spouse in very similar sentences, and none of the other characters made a big deal about unnamed spouses, so it's more or less canon, and the age gap honestly makes the unnamed thing more convincing since Gaiden!Genny wouldn't tell anybody who it was.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

In the original, it was heavily implied, but now, while their Echoes ending remain relatively the same (if I remember correctly, at least), Genny doesn't have any support function with him at all (again, if I'm remembering right). 

1 minute ago, Leif said:

So Leon is the second gay archer in the series? Interesting. He's probably the stereotypical kind of effeminate gay right? Does he chase after Kamui or something?

Leon is definitely portrayed very effeminately, and he's extremely attached to Valbar, straight up saying he's in love with him at some point. Valbar confuses Leon's meaning and congratulates him on finding someone.

It's also a gag in Leon's support with Kamui that Leon suspects Kamui's interested in him.

8 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Leon is definitely portrayed very effeminately, and he's extremely attached to Valbar, straight up saying he's in love with him at some point. Valbar confuses Leon's meaning and congratulates him on finding someone.

It's also a gag in Leon's support with Kamui that Leon suspects Kamui's interested in him.

Wait, isn't Valbar Leon's brother?

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Nah, it's "bro" as in the uber-friendly "bro".

Hmmmmm, yeah, they really played up Leon's femininity (is that the right word?). He talks like a gossip girl XD

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

No. Leon just looks up to him like a brother. In the JP version, Leon even calls Valbar 'aniki', an affectionate term used to refer to people as 'big brother', but not in a relation way ( think anyways, not too sure if it can refer to blood siblings as well).

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Nah, it's "bro" as in the uber-friendly "bro".

Hmmmmm, yeah, they really played up Leon's femininity (is that the right word?). He talks like a gossip girl XD

DAMNIT. Ugh... we end up with another walking stereotype. Such a shame.  

Well it doesn't matter too much I guess. At least it's a minuscule step up from creepy and kinky Niles. 

Perhaps they'll tone it down in the localization. Who knows.

13 minutes ago, Leif said:

DAMNIT. Ugh... we end up with another walking stereotype. Such a shame.  

Well it doesn't matter too much I guess. At least it's a minuscule step up from creepy and kinky Niles. 

Perhaps they'll tone it down in the localization. Who knows.

I know I'm stretching a little info a long way here, but from what little we've seen of Leon in the dub, he's been sorta cocky and sarcastic, with the "Well aren't you nice!" and the "Guess I'll handle this myself", so hopefully they'll play that side of him up more and make him less stereotypical.

E: Also am I correct in my suspicion that Fernand is literally Draco Malfoy? Arrogant, rich, and has disdain for plebs

Edited by Wayward Alchemist

12 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

I know I'm stretching a little info a long way here, but from what little we've seen of Leon in the dub, he's been sorta cocky and sarcastic, with the "Well aren't you nice!" and the "Guess I'll handle this myself", so hopefully they'll play that side of him up more and make him less stereotypical.

E: Also am I correct in my suspicion that Fernand is literally Draco Malfoy? Arrogant, rich, and has disdain for plebs

Pretty much, but he has a decent reason.

I don't feel confident in writing anything elaborate, as I've played through the Japanese game usually without being able to look up too many words, but this sounds fun, so I'll give my perspective on the characters. Please take this with a grain of salt.

Alm - neutered from his Gaiden and Awakening portrayal. Feels more like any other shounen protagonist now. Lots of dramatic screaming.

Gray - total bro, speaks sloppily.

Tobin - the guy who asks Gray to explain what's going on.

Kliff - the guy who joins a rebellion not for his friends, but to see the world. Nerd.

Faye - has no personality.

Lukas - polite with a voice made of melted butter. Surprising considering his Gaiden portrait makes him look like an angry demon child.

Silque - soft-spoken cleric with a few minor quirks. Adorable.

Clair - flying, watered-down Maribelle that renders Faye's inclusion in the game even more confusing. Great design.

Python - Shikamaru.

Forsyth - forehead.

Clive - literally who. No but seriously, he was a bad unit in Gaiden for me and he's bad in this game. He's more important here and for a good reason, but he's a typical noble knight that doesn't care about his social status.

Luthier - overbearing, conceited guy without any friends, though he means no disrespect. Tries to straighten out his wayward little sister, Delthea.

Delthea - typical genki girl. It's impressive that her arms aren't enormous because her Attack growth is massive. I know, I know, it's Strength and Magic combined here but holy crap.

Mathilda - tomboy with a chest that'd make Camilla jealous, though it's presented with a modicum of decency. Her and Clive's relationship is great.

Zeke - noble knight.

Tatiana - as someone else put it, Sumia as a cleric. Also, I believe, the only woman in Alm's party you don't rescue, save for Faye who starts with you. Edit: scratch that, you save her too. I completely forgot about that.

Mycen - pretty damn cool old man.

-

Celica - nice anime girl.

Boey - cocky cutie pie.

Mae - cocky cutie pie.

Genny - little sister figure that likes older men. No, really.

Saber - veteran mercenary.

Valbar - beefcake soldier out for revenge, though he's a stand up guy.

Leo - gay stereotypes.

Kamui - easy-going traveler.

Catria - the woman that makes me miss the dating aspect of Awakening and Fates. 

Palla - kind older sister figure.

Est - genki girl.

Atlas - beefcake villager with simple tastes.

Sonia - kind older sister figure that tries to hide that she's a kind older sister figure.

Jesse - surprisingly likeable charmer. Manly chest.

-

Berkut - "waaah!"

Fernan - "disgusting".

Juda - literally blue Validar.

Linnéa - literally every nice anime girl ever.

Edited by Thane

19 minutes ago, Thane said:

I don't feel confident in writing anything elaborate, as I've played through the Japanese game usually without being able to look up too many words, but this sounds fun, so I'll give my perspective on the characters. Please take this with a grain of salt.

Alm - neutered from his Gaiden and Awakening portrayal. Feels more like any other shounen protagonist now. Lots of dramatic screaming.

Gray - total bro, speaks sloppily.

Tobin - the guy who asks Gray to explain what's going on.

Kliff - the guy who joins a rebellion not for his friends, but to see the world. Nerd.

Faye - has no personality.

Lukas - polite with a voice made of melted butter. Surprising considering his Gaiden portrait makes him look like an angry demon child.

Silque - soft-spoken cleric with a few minor quirks. Adorable.

Clair - flying, watered-down Maribelle that renders Faye's inclusion in the game even more confusing. Great design.

Python - Shikamaru.

Forsyth - forehead.

Clive - literally who. No but seriously, he was a bad unit in Gaiden for me and he's bad in this game. He's more important here and for a good reason, but he's a typical noble knight that doesn't care about his social status.

Luthier - overbearing, conceited guy without any friends, though he means no disrespect. Tries to straighten out his wayward little sister, Delthea.

Delthea - typical genki girl. It's impressive that her arms aren't enormous because her Attack growth is massive. I know, I know, it's Strength and Magic combined here but holy crap.

Mathilda - tomboy with a chest that'd make Camilla jealous, though it's presented with a modicum of decency. Her and Clive's relationship is great.

Zeke - noble knight.

Tatiana - as someone else put it, Sumia as a cleric. Also, I believe, the only woman in Alm's party you don't rescue, save for Faye who starts with you.

Mycen - pretty damn cool old man.

-

Celica - nice anime girl.

Boey - cocky cutie pie.

Mae - cocky cutie pie.

Genny - little sister figure that likes older men. No, really.

Saber - veteran mercenary.

Valbar - beefcake soldier out for revenge, though he's a stand up guy.

Leo - gay stereotypes.

Kamui - easy-going traveler.

Catria - the woman that makes me miss the dating aspect of Awakening and Fates. 

Palla - kind older sister figure.

Est - genki girl.

Atlas - beefcake villager with simple tastes.

Sonia - kind older sister figure that tries to hide that she's a kind older sister figure.

Jesse - surprisingly likeable charmer. Manly chest.

-

Berkut - "waaah!"

Fernan - "disgusting".

Juda - literally blue Validar.

Linnéa - literally every nice anime girl ever.

You forgot Deen, though i take it you didn't recruit him.